The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your unpopular Boxing opinion.....

+48
BALTIMORA
skidd1
oxring
paperbag_puncher
OasisBFC
Imperial Ghosty
azania
guildfordbat
compelling and rich
TRUSSMAN66
Nico the gman
88Chris05
Big Paul
zx1234
Knowsit17
md_fan
Daz
whotobeA
J.Benson II
housedp
Super D Boon
jimdig
Steffan
The genius of PBF
kevchadders
TopHat24/7
Gentleman01
ian_jamsie
Strongback
AlexHuckerby
superflyweight
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
School Project
ShahenshahG
Sugar Boy Sweetie
bhb001
huw
Mind the windows Tino.
manos de piedra
The Galveston Giant
No1Jonesy
Rowley
HumanWindmill
Scottrf
sodhat
Fists of Fury
Michaels, Sean
Adam D
52 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Your unpopular Boxing opinion..... - Page 3 Empty Your unpopular Boxing opinion.....

Post by Adam D Wed 16 Nov 2011, 9:05 am

First topic message reminder :

This might go down as the worst idea ever with you lot but fortune favours the brave and all that....

One of the other sections has a thread where people post something they truly believe in but goes against popular opinion. In other words, let us know something outlandish which you believe to be true.

Dont make them up and remember the house rules before you go and tear people apart for their post - remember its their opinion and they are entitled to it.

So for example, you might think that Manny won the fight on Saturday comfortably or that Tyson v Bruno had the best opening round ever - let us hear about it and don't be ashamed! Share with your secrets with us all......

Remember - dont post things just to get a reaction. Only post things you actually believe in.

Off you go!

Last edited by Adam D (Hobo) on Wed 16 Nov 2011, 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Your unpopular Boxing opinion..... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your unpopular Boxing opinion.....

Post by Super D Boon Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:56 pm

rowley wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:Kessler was out for over a year Jeff.

Fair enough mate, but still holds plenty have pulled out of this competition, Taylor I fully agreed with as he was an accident waiting to happen, have admiration for any of the fighters who have seen it through to the end.

Each to their own as this is an OPINION thread afterall. Just wish people would stop saying how brave Froch is because he's already in a competition that sorts out the big fights for him, he's not seeking these guys out on an individual fight basis. I'm not saying he isn't brave just pointing that out. Besides, I thought his admission on ESB about wanting a catchweight for a potential fight with BHop was pretty poor given that Calzaghe went straight up to the limit to face him. Then again that is my OPINION and it is also my opinion that catchweights SUCK!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Your unpopular Boxing opinion..... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your unpopular Boxing opinion.....

Post by Scottrf Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:56 pm

Steffan wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
Steffan wrote:This will be the last Super 6 though I reckon. You wont get fighters and promoters agreeing like this again
True. Not everyone has the heart of Froch.
You forget to mention Ward as well...
But he was guaranteed home fights.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:58 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
Steffan wrote:This will be the last Super 6 though I reckon. You wont get fighters and promoters agreeing like this again
True. Not everyone has the heart of Froch.
You forget to mention Ward as well...
But he was guaranteed home fights.

Yeah because he had a good promoter. Nothing to do with heart. All the fighters wanted home advantage. Froch and no one else actually said "I want to travel because im all heart"

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:59 pm

He might not have agree to join had that been the case. But yeah, fair play to Ward too.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:04 pm

I totally agree its shame the Super 6 will probably not happen again but it was good as a one off despite all the politics and pullouts

Froch and Ward both deserve credit for seeing it out until the end

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:06 pm

Think you have to take Froch at face value, worth remembering as it is often forgotten he signed twice to face the unbeaten at the time Inkin to earn his WBC title shot so he does have form going back some time for showing willing when it comes to taking tough fights. Proper fighter, about time Britain had someone at supermiddle willing to test themselves from the get go.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:07 pm

What happened to Dennis (?) Inkin?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:08 pm

Good baiting Jeff OK

Im a little wise to it now though Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:10 pm

Steffan wrote:Good baiting Jeff OK

Was a bit transparent wasn't it, you did well not to react though Steffan, you must be mellowing with age.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:16 pm

rowley wrote:
Steffan wrote:Good baiting Jeff OK

Was a bit transparent wasn't it, you did well not to react though Steffan, you must be mellowing with age.

If Froch wins I really probably would have to retire from here for good. I couldnt face the shame of defeat

Would be my most gutting loss ever Crying or Very sad

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:16 pm

Floyd Mayweather is actually quite a nice chap. Comments he makes are tongue in cheek and seem to fly over people's head. He has obviously made some outbursts but he isnt as bad as he is made out.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:19 pm

Steffan wrote:
If Froch wins I really probably would have to retire from here

Again?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:21 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Steffan wrote:
If Froch wins I really probably would have to retire from here

Again?

Well for a while anyway. Until the Carl 'Sugar Ray Robinson' Froch party is over

The horror...The horror...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:22 pm

rowley wrote:Think you have to take Froch at face value, worth remembering as it is often forgotten he signed twice to face the unbeaten at the time Inkin to earn his WBC title shot so he does have form going back some time for showing willing when it comes to taking tough fights. Proper fighter, about time Britain had someone at supermiddle willing to test themselves from the get go.

Froch though wasn't a champion until about 30. He hasn't got the time to fight bums and pad his record out. His legacy if he gets one would have to be based around big fights rather than longevity.

Inkin was crud anyways. Lost to Zuniga but alas the fight was in Germany and we know what happens over there! Then properly lost to Balzay (Who??)

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:24 pm

If you build it, they will come.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:26 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
rowley wrote:Think you have to take Froch at face value, worth remembering as it is often forgotten he signed twice to face the unbeaten at the time Inkin to earn his WBC title shot so he does have form going back some time for showing willing when it comes to taking tough fights. Proper fighter, about time Britain had someone at supermiddle willing to test themselves from the get go.

Froch though wasn't a champion until about 30. He hasn't got the time to fight bums and pad his record out. His legacy if he gets one would have to be based around big fights rather than longevity.

Inkin was crud anyways. Lost to Zuniga but alas the fight was in Germany and we know what happens over there! Then properly lost to Balzay (Who??)

Dont feed the trolls Super D Boon. They will never listen to a reasonable opinion about Carl 'Sugar Ray Robinson' Froch anyway. I just ignore them

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by md_fan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:27 pm

Victor Ortiz was not getting his a** handed to him by Floyd Mayweather and may have knocked him out if he hadn't been stupid enough to stick the head in.

md_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:29 pm

md_fan wrote:Victor Ortiz was not getting his a** handed to him by Floyd Mayweather and may have knocked him out if he hadn't been stupid enough to stick the head in.
He would have had to land first.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:52 pm

Bute is a very good boxer.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 5:00 pm

I seem to be voicing an exceedingly unpopular opinion right this second on the Domestic Fighter poll in saying that I think Katsidis was a good win for Burns.

I also got blasted the last time I stated that I thought Hagler was winning against Minter and would have gone on to win even if the fight had continued Run

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 5:26 pm

Cleverley is vastly over rated and will remain a protected fighter by Fish Eyes for the next three years

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 5:45 pm

bhb001 wrote:Cleverley is vastly over rated and will remain a protected fighter by Fish Eyes for the next three years

All this baiting today for my benefit...im flattered Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 5:46 pm

on a who beats who basis out of all heavyweight champions, i have larry holmes at number 1

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 16 Nov 2011, 5:47 pm

Ouch, totally disagree with you zx - but that's the point of this thread Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 16 Nov 2011, 5:47 pm

Steffan wrote:
bhb001 wrote:Cleverley is vastly over rated and will remain a protected fighter by Fish Eyes for the next three years

Laugh

Mind you I don't think he's gonna be around at the top much longer come to think of it. cuppa

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 5:50 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Laugh

Mind you I don't think he's gonna be around at the top much longer come to think of it. cuppa

He nneds to ditch that clown Vince as his coach. Stamina and chin are good I think. Need someone to teach him more technique. Your opinion is valid though unlike a 'Steffanbait' one Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 16 Nov 2011, 5:50 pm

zx1234 wrote:on a who beats who basis out of all heavyweight champions, i have larry holmes at number 1

I think Larry was fairly overrated and he was not shot and only 36 when he lost to a light heavyweight in Spinks.

A prime Larry gets beat by Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield, Bowe, Ali and both Klitschkos.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 16 Nov 2011, 5:52 pm

Steffan wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Laugh

He nneds to ditch that clown Vince as his coach. Stamina and chin are good I think. Need someone to teach him more technique. Your opinion is valid though unlike a 'Steffanbait' one Very Happy

Couldn't agree more. His dad Vince is a teapot and Cleverly will lose sooner rather than later unless he has that difficult chat.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 5:52 pm

Super D Boon wrote:A prime Larry gets beat by Tyson, Lewis and Ali

Agree

Super D Boon wrote:A prime Larry gets beat by Holyfield, Bowe and both Klitschkos

Disagree

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 16 Nov 2011, 5:59 pm

Steffan wrote:

Agree

Super D Boon wrote:A prime Larry gets beat by Holyfield, Bowe and both Klitschkos

Disagree

Agree with you there, Steff.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 16 Nov 2011, 6:03 pm

I would pick Holmes to beat the Klitschko's with the jab alone.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 6:08 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Agree

Disagree

Agree with you there, Steff.

Would you really give Tyson that much of a chance against him??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 6:13 pm

Yeah prime Tyson takes it for me. Theres only so much Larrys jab could do to keep the bombs away. Dont get me wrong...tough fight for Mike but he gets the KO in the end

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Paul Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:04 pm

Fraudley had the talent and ability to actually be a World Champion if only he had a fighters heart.

Big Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:12 pm

Surprisingly, Steffan is the most popular Welsh man of the board, despite the only other Welsh man (me) being incredibly more handsome and funny.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:16 pm

School Project wrote:Surprisingly, Steffan is the most popular Welsh man of the board, despite the only other Welsh man (me) being incredibly more handsome and funny.

Most popular or most infamous? You'll find that those who seek the most attention usually get it... So much for human nature Rolling Eyes

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:19 pm

Only kidding though, me and Stef are friends on here... safety in numbers and all that haha.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:39 pm

Good idea for a thread, Hobo! Apologies if any of these have been done before, but I'd say my unpopular boxing opinions are...

1) Rocky Marciano's greatness is, to a certain extent, simply a case of right man, right place, right time (I'll stress, that doesn't mean he wasn't still a very, very fine fighter).

2) Roy Jones Jr would give any Light-Heavyweight in history a good fight, and would beat many of them.

3) Lewis-Holyfield I was nowhere near being the 'robbery of the decade' which some make it out to be.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:44 pm

if enzo mac had a chin he could have been an all time great cruiser.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:45 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:if enzo mac had a chin he could have been an all time great cruiser.

In fairness, another couple of defences of his WBO crown, even with an average chin, would have been enough to secure all-time greatness in that division...
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:47 pm

The Klitschko's are 2 of the most overrated heavyweiights in Boxing history
IMHO.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:50 pm

Big Paul wrote:Fraudley had the talent and ability to actually be a World Champion if only he had a fighters heart.

he was exposed by sprott for having a lack of fundamental skill and defensive awareness. that loss was him being shown up to not cutting the grade among other performances.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:55 pm

School Project wrote:Surprisingly, Steffan is the most popular Welsh man of the board, despite the only other Welsh man (me) being incredibly more handsome and funny.

Super D Boom is Welsh mind as is Knowsit (I think)

Im the best of us all ofcourse Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:57 pm

I always thought you were Scottish, Steffan. Headscratch
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:58 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I always thought you were Scottish, Steffan. Headscratch

I went out with a Scottish girl and have been there twice if that counts?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 16 Nov 2011, 8:02 pm

Prime Naseem Hamed loses to Marquez , Morales and also Barrera in a re match.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 8:05 pm

1. That Honey got Lucky....(like my honey did!!)

2. That a guy completely outclassed and rolled could never be top 10 material..

3. That you have to make it big in America to be a p4p great...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 16 Nov 2011, 8:07 pm

sadly its true number 3 there... shouldnt be the case though.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 8:11 pm

Yes it should.....America is the mecca of Boxing where all the greats have made their name..

It's where the majority of clued in Boxing fans are and all the money!!!!

Get real.kiddo

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 8:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:1. That Honey got Lucky....(like my honey did!!)

2. That a guy completely outclassed and rolled could never be top 10 material..

3. That you have to make it big in America to be a p4p great...

1) Even though Curry's fairly average career after that fight in '86 at the higher weights means that the 'weight drained' excuse doesn't hold as much water as initially thought?

2) Even if he's getting on in years, is fighting three divisions above his best weight and is facing an absolute monster and all-time great of that higher weight division?

3) Even including the likes of Monzon?

Thought I'd give it a go - I know how you like a game of Devil's Advocate, Truss!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next