The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your unpopular Boxing opinion.....

+48
BALTIMORA
skidd1
oxring
paperbag_puncher
OasisBFC
Imperial Ghosty
azania
guildfordbat
compelling and rich
TRUSSMAN66
Nico the gman
88Chris05
Big Paul
zx1234
Knowsit17
md_fan
Daz
whotobeA
J.Benson II
housedp
Super D Boon
jimdig
Steffan
The genius of PBF
kevchadders
TopHat24/7
Gentleman01
ian_jamsie
Strongback
AlexHuckerby
superflyweight
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
School Project
ShahenshahG
Sugar Boy Sweetie
bhb001
huw
Mind the windows Tino.
manos de piedra
The Galveston Giant
No1Jonesy
Rowley
HumanWindmill
Scottrf
sodhat
Fists of Fury
Michaels, Sean
Adam D
52 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Your unpopular Boxing opinion..... - Page 2 Empty Your unpopular Boxing opinion.....

Post by Adam D Wed 16 Nov 2011, 9:05 am

First topic message reminder :

This might go down as the worst idea ever with you lot but fortune favours the brave and all that....

One of the other sections has a thread where people post something they truly believe in but goes against popular opinion. In other words, let us know something outlandish which you believe to be true.

Dont make them up and remember the house rules before you go and tear people apart for their post - remember its their opinion and they are entitled to it.

So for example, you might think that Manny won the fight on Saturday comfortably or that Tyson v Bruno had the best opening round ever - let us hear about it and don't be ashamed! Share with your secrets with us all......

Remember - dont post things just to get a reaction. Only post things you actually believe in.

Off you go!

Last edited by Adam D (Hobo) on Wed 16 Nov 2011, 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Your unpopular Boxing opinion..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your unpopular Boxing opinion.....

Post by ian_jamsie Wed 16 Nov 2011, 12:29 pm

sodhat wrote:The London Olympics aren't a waste of money...so there!

I seriously agree. If you compare that with the billions we ploughed into the banks. The only people that benefited from that were the Tory boy bankers.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Your unpopular Boxing opinion..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Your unpopular Boxing opinion.....

Post by ian_jamsie Wed 16 Nov 2011, 12:31 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:I believe that Floyd Mayweather Jr lost to Jose Castillo quite clearly first time round.

I also believe that Lennox Lewis beats any heavyweight in history other than Muhammad Ali and possibly George Foreman.

On his day Lewis could have beaten both of them.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:04 pm

Tyson is an ATG and worthy of a top 8 heavyweight ranking.

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:05 pm

Gentleman01 wrote:Tyson is an ATG and worthy of a top 8 heavyweight ranking.

Is that a unpopular opinion?

I would have thought most people would rate him in their top8?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:06 pm

Tysonking?
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:07 pm

[quote="Adam D (Hobo)]
I would have thought most people would rate him in their top8?[/quote]

I doubt it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:30 pm

Has anybody got a link to some Wussman material?.

Not been able to find any so far. The problem is that his articles only tended to last about 20 minutes before someone, I assume Truss, got the mods to delete them.

It's ljust ike the loss of the great ancient works when the Romans caused the destruction by fire of the library at Alexandria.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:30 pm

Sheng pretty much nailed Truss' style in the end. It drove Truss nuts.

Then Sheng hacked his account and we has a 'Dear John' retirement number 4 sobbing post.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:32 pm

Thanks for trying Superfly, seems i missed the golden years on the bbc.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:33 pm

Ok guys, shifted to trash talk.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:35 pm

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:

Is that a unpopular opinion?

I would have thought most people would rate him in their top8?

Very unpopular. Most people rate him 10 - 12, quite a few rate him 12 - 15, some 15 - 20. I'm yet to encounter any knowledgeable poster on this board who agrees he belongs in the top 8.

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:36 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:

Tysonking?

FACT!!!!

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:37 pm

Ralphy was a great WUM. He was adamant that Richie Woodhall would have knocked Benn out in two.

Davidemoron could be funny but he was in the rare positiojn of being a WUM of a WUM who was less annoying than the original WUM. Also, I don't tihnk we could ever really rule out the possibiilty that Davidemoron was really an alias of Davidemore. Saying that, I did go through a period on 606 when I was convinced that I was only the one that wasn't an alias of Truss.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:37 pm

Tyson generally sits between 10 and 15 in my lists, depending on the orientation of the planets.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:40 pm

ian_jamsie wrote:

I seriously agree. If you compare that with the billions we ploughed into the banks. The only people that benefited from that were the Tory boy bankers.

Bankers didn't cause the recession [that's my 'unpopular opinion', realise it's not boxing related but Fists mentioned moving this to TT anyway...]

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:45 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
ian_jamsie wrote:

Bankers didn't cause the recession [that's my 'unpopular opinion', realise it's not boxing related but Fists mentioned moving this to TT anyway...]

Correct. Impossible to cut the banking sector off and chastise them as if they were some rotten part of an otherwise harmonious and infallible system. The root cause was overproduction and underconsumption. An inherent free market consequence and contradiction.

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:50 pm

If you had a Super 10 series with the top 10 ATG heavies... Lennox Lewis would come out on top with the most wins.

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:53 pm

Bob Arum breastfed the Devil

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:53 pm

I actually quite like Jim Rosenthal hosting boxing.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:54 pm

Bob Arum and team Pacquiao have been ducking Floyd Mayweather for the last couple of years...That is the truth yet some people cant see it.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:55 pm

You shouldnt have to cheer on a fighter just because they have they same national passport as you

Hopefully Carl Froch will get a bad career ending beating from Ward

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 2:01 pm

Steffan wrote:You shouldnt have to cheer on a fighter just because they have they same national passport as you

Ironic statement coming from you. Good bit of Truss baiting tho...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 2:02 pm

Gentleman01 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
ian_jamsie wrote:

Correct. Impossible to cut the banking sector off and chastise them as if they were some rotten part of an otherwise harmonious and infallible system. The root cause was overproduction and underconsumption. An inherent free market consequence and contradiction.

I think you'll find 'over consumption' to be a much bigger issue. If we'd underconsumed we wouldn't have had such a thirst for debt...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Wed 16 Nov 2011, 2:06 pm

I'd love to punch Jim Lampley.
Hatton ducked Witter.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Nov 2011, 2:09 pm

Steffan will ruin the board with his inability to remain un-Steffan-like.

I've told people this time and time again and yet everyone seems to think Steffan is "alright"....makes me wonder what sort of weirdos you guys hang around with on a regular basis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 2:26 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Gentleman01 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
ian_jamsie wrote:

I think you'll find 'over consumption' to be a much bigger issue. If we'd underconsumed we wouldn't have had such a thirst for debt...

Under this current system, not spending money leads to terminal decline. When I say 'underconsumption' I mean a lowering of demand for products/services, usually due to a lack of disposable income amongst the majority (all the borrowing is in large part a result of a lack of wealth amongst the general populus). The lowering of demand leads many companies to engage in market specualtion as an alternative way to invest surplus capital. It was this injection of capital into markets, such as sub-prime mortgages amongst others, that contributed the most fuel for the global bubble.

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Wed 16 Nov 2011, 2:43 pm

Just read through the entire old thread and it brought back some memories.

Isn't it funny how things have changed slightly though.

ShengLong is now Welsh and known as Steffan and Trussman used to banter quite well without resorting to 'you are picking on me' / 'I don't debate with people like you' type responses.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:03 pm

alma wrote:Foreman knocking out Frazier in 2 rounds was the most impressive win in heavweight history

Without a doubt

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:11 pm

Carl Froch is NOT that brave because:

He fights "the best" because he is bound by competition rules, not because of a voracious appetitite to seek and conquer the best;

He has expressed he would demand a catchweight with BHop and would not accept a challenge from him at the full light heavyweight limit.

OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by housedp Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:18 pm

Calzaghe v Lacey was the most impressive one sided title fight beating ever dished out and showed that a prime calzaghe, regardless of all his tricks and lightening reflexes, would have had far too much of a work rate for RJJ to contend with in his prime.

Last edited by housedp on Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

housedp

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:27 pm

Maybe - he certainly beats nearly everyone else but stil have space for a couple of others ahead of him

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:30 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Carl Froch is NOT that brave because:

He fights "the best" because he is bound by competition rules, not because of a voracious appetitite to seek and conquer the best

Agreed

If it wasnt for the Super 6 Carl Froch wouldnt have even had half these fights as big fat Mick would of never secured them

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:32 pm

He agreed to enter the Super Six and has stayed in it throughout.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:33 pm

Entering the Super Six was optional.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:33 pm

Scottrf wrote:He agreed to enter the Super Six and has stayed in it throughout.

Why would he quit the Super 6? Its his living

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:34 pm

If it weren't for the Super Six??

You may as well say 'if it weren't for him fighting the best in the division, Froch wouldn't have fought the best in the division'

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:34 pm

Steffan wrote:

As it is for Taylor and Kessler but both of them quit.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:37 pm

rowley wrote:
Steffan wrote:

As it is for Taylor and Kessler but both of them quit.

Health reasons were why they quit

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:38 pm

Must have been pretty serious for Kessler, why he could not fight again for nearly six months.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:41 pm

alma wrote:Say what you want about the Super 6, but at least (with two withdrawals), 8 of the best guys in the division had to fight each other

I dont think anyone is denying how good the Super 6 is as a tournament. Bring on more I say although I think there will be another one after this

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:41 pm

Kessler was out for over a year Jeff.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:42 pm

housedp wrote:Calzaghe v Lacey was the most impressive one sided title fight beating ever dished out and showed that a prime calzaghe, regardless of all his tricks and lightening reflexes, would have had far too much of a work rate for RJJ to contend with in his prime.

Calzaghe beats a prime Jones based on his beating of Lacy (a guy with barely 1/1000th of the ability)??
Bit like saying that Kell Brook beats Mayweather based on his victory over Ndou.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:43 pm

Didn’t Dirrell withdraw too? He was supposed to face Ward but didn't?

He got pulled out on advice of his doctor. Dr. Shaw…hi. Dr. Shawhigh.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:45 pm

Steffan wrote:Bring on more I say although I think there will be another one after this

Meant to say there wont be another one after this

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by whotobeA Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:49 pm

I only post once a month, cameo, hit n run comments so it doesn't matter to me how ludicrous people find these 2 comments.

1, Naz beats Manny (back in the day).
2, If Fraudley comes back & punches he beats Fury.

whotobeA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:50 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Kessler was out for over a year Jeff.

Fair enough mate, but still holds plenty have pulled out of this competition, Taylor I fully agreed with as he was an accident waiting to happen, have admiration for any of the fighters who have seen it through to the end.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:52 pm

This will be the last Super 6 though I reckon. You wont get fighters and promoters agreeing like this again

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:54 pm

Steffan wrote:This will be the last Super 6 though I reckon. You wont get fighters and promoters agreeing like this again
True. Not everyone has the heart of Froch.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:55 pm

Even before the Super Six, Froch made the 1st defence of his WBC title against Jermain Taylor in the American's backyard.
Once the tournament is over, Froch is aiming for a re-match with Kessler, a fight with Bute or a move up to LHW.

Regardless of what your personal opinions are of the man, I think its fair to say that he is interested in fighting the best.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:56 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Steffan wrote:This will be the last Super 6 though I reckon. You wont get fighters and promoters agreeing like this again
True. Not everyone has the heart of Froch.

You forget to mention Ward as well...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next