The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bute calls for rematch

+11
eddyfightfan
Nico the gman
Rodney
NathanDB10
Seanusarrilius
ShahenshahG
Duty281
John Bloody Wayne
azania
Steffan
TopHat24/7
15 posters

Go down

Bute calls for rematch Empty Bute calls for rematch

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:32 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/7790493/Bute-I-want-a-rematch

Raises a couple of questions:

1. Is this a wise idea for Bute? I understand the desire from a pride point of view however what can he have seen/felt to think he'd fare better on home turf?

2. Would a similar result for Froch, but in Bute's backyard, make any difference to Froch's CV/legacy/reputation? Was Bute so 'exposed' in the first match that a rematch win adds nothing or does it still look like a dangerous rematch against a proven operator and therefore another good name on his ledger?

3. Is there a risk for Froch that, in honouring his contract, if he fails to blow Bute away again he'll be shafted by a home-town decision and lose his titles and undermine his CV?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Bute calls for rematch Empty Re: Bute calls for rematch

Post by Steffan Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:41 pm

I thought there was a rematch clause in place anyway so Froch has no choice?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:45 pm

Froch will have to rematch him if its contracted. If he does, he will go there with confidence and that will be his undoing. Bute will win a rematch.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:45 pm

I guess if Froch expects another easy night and doesn't put the effort in training camp he might have a hope. Not likely though.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Yes there's a rematch clause in place so if Froch doesn't honour it I assume he get's his belts taken away.

Anyway, if the rematch does happen then it will be more difficult for Froch. He'll have to KO Bute or be on the end of a hometown decision but I'd reckon Froch would KO him again anyway.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:49 pm

I reckon bute thinks that foot infection did him in. Also he might think that the rematch with andrade gives him hope. I was a little bit uneasy about the post fight interviews before bute and co acted class afterward. Privately though he might think the infection and other problems contributed to it and expects to do an adrade on him in the rematch. I wonder what will happen

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:51 pm

Bute should target a rematch but after 1 or 2 comeback wins.

Would not be as easy in Montreal for Froch, especially if he has another war with Kessler in the interim. But, that said, he completley destroyed Bute the first time so would expect him to get to him at some point again during the rematch.

Would Katsidis still blast Mitchell if they fought?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:53 pm

Duty281 wrote:Yes there's a rematch clause in place so if Froch doesn't honour it I assume he get's his belts taken away.

Anyway, if the rematch does happen then it will be more difficult for Froch. He'll have to KO Bute or be on the end of a hometown decision but I'd reckon Froch would KO him again anyway.

I don't think they can take away the belt, unless the rematch clause specifically mentioned a belt on the line. Froch will be overconfident and will imagine he will walk through whatever Bute throws at him. Bute KO for me. And a rubber match will have the same ending as their first fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:26 pm

Seeing the way Froch walked through it would take a braver fellow than me to put money on a Bute KO.

I agree Froch might be over confident, but Mcraken seems a smart guy and Froch has listened to him much more since the Kessler defeat. I don't see Rob allowing Froch to take it easy.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:43 pm

I don't think Bute was "shown up", I just think Froch was that good on the night, and due to that, Bute was unprepared for just how much pressure he came under. I think in all his other fights, he was able to set the pace and control the range better.

I think a re-match would be more competitive, and I'd bet it would certainly go further than 5 rounds. I agree with the above post that Froch, and specifically McCracken won't be over confident/complacent. I reckon Bute would want to make the fight much slower to suit his style, it would be up to Froch as to whether he could do that. If so, I actually think Bute could sneak a UD if he stays upright.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:00 pm

I expected this tbh, really think Bute wants a pay day that's all, not sure how strong his appetite will be after a devastating battering like that. Has there ever been an immediate rematch in history that's been so one sided in the original ever made ?

Not sure if anyone will really be interested in seeing this

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:08 pm

Rodney wrote:I expected this tbh, really think Bute wants a pay day that's all, not sure how strong his appetite will be after a devastating battering like that. Has there ever been an immediate rematch in history that's been so one sided in the original ever made ?

Not sure if anyone will really be interested in seeing this

Cheers Rodders

Do you think he would want to get anhiliated like that again in front of his own fans? Surely the only point to the re-match from Bute's perspective is if he really feels he can win the fight.

I would expect a warm up fight first definately, but I would think Bute would only want the re-match to try and set the record straight, not get blasted out again in a few rounds then pick up the cheque. He wouldn't be able to step outside the front door if the same happened in Canada as it did in Nottingham

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:14 pm

I hope you're right Nathan but money talks, where else does Bute go to earn the money he'll get off Froch ? Which he has tied in with a contract, I'm not a fighter but surely your confidence must be at an all time low after a hammering like that you're no longer unbeaten, and you want to take the guy on again who didn't just beat you, but destroyed you. In a week he thinks he can win.

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:18 pm

Thats what I mean. I don't know too much about Bute, but the impression I got is that he is essentially the Klitschko of Canada, and by that I mean people turn up in their droves to cheer him on regardless of the calibre of the fighter he is facing. Therefore, it would be quite easy for him to go back home, smash a few tomato cans, maybe pick up a strap from elsewhere or move to LHW and go from there.

On the other hand, if he takes the Froch re-match and loses badly, he would be finished in his own backyard. Seems like a risky move if he doesn't truly believe he can do better than the first fight.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:26 pm

Yeah definetly see your point mate, someone shrewdly on the forum last week (apologies can't remember who it was) picked Froch to win due to the lack of appetite Bute had for the game, maybes he sees this as final fling and a goodbye with a handsome cheque in his pocket, fair play to him if he fancies the job though.

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Well before the stoppage Froch was hurting Bute almost everytime he caught him,and if Bute thinks its going to be a Andrade type rematch his living in cuckoo land.

Froch has never had a problem with stamina so at some stage Froch will get to him and the result will be the same.

Those who think Froch loses the rematch by KO, that's more wishful thinking from them as Froch haters, sad people really.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:17 pm

NathanDB10 wrote:Thats what I mean. I don't know too much about Bute, but the impression I got is that he is essentially the Klitschko of Canada, and by that I mean people turn up in their droves to cheer him on regardless of the calibre of the fighter he is facing. Therefore, it would be quite easy for him to go back home, smash a few tomato cans, maybe pick up a strap from elsewhere or move to LHW and go from there.

On the other hand, if he takes the Froch re-match and loses badly, he would be finished in his own backyard. Seems like a risky move if he doesn't truly believe he can do better than the first fight.

Boxers are liars. The biggest liars. The most deluded people on earth. They have to be. They lie to themselves as to how good they are to give themselves the confidence to do the impossible. In this instance I believe Bute feels in honesty, that he didn't perform to his best and that he totally underestimated Froch. Its why the first serious punch Froch threw which landed completely finished Bute. His self belief needed disappeared and he couldn't correct it as his mindset was already set.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:20 pm

theres a IBF rule where you can't fight in another world title fight if you lose by KO in a defense. so he cant have an immediate rematch.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:13 am

Just PR, he knows he cant have an immediate rematch and knows anything can happen in a few fights.

Whats he going to say?.. "I don't want to fight Froch again"?

He will look to get a warm up fight and see how Carl does with Kessler..

There is no way he will want to jump in the ring with Froch anytime soon..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:25 am

If the fight happens, I'd expect Bute to be a lot more negative, far more spoiling and doing anything not to be hit. This would make for a difficult fight for Froch, a disappointing one for the public and a highly likely home town decision for Bute. Froch would have to go totally focused as he was in Nottingham, but I have long harboured a suspicion that he fights better at home than away (not surprising), so high risk all round really.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:18 pm

Good on him. If he learns how to behave like a fighter when he gets hit then he could beat Froch. Butes problem isn't his chin its how he reacts to getting hurt.

He shows he's hurt and backs away and lets you walk right in on him. Froch did nothing spectacular because he never had to. He walked straight forward when Bute was hurt and threw punches. Bute never held him and his defence let him down.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Apparently some Romanian boxing websites are claiming that Froch cheated and used loaded wraps. Delusional or what Shocked

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down