The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bute Activates Rematch Clause

+14
azania
Duty281
Il Gialloblu
Soldier_Of_Fortune
OasisBFC
ShahenshahG
ShockmasterV2
SharkSoul
Super D Boon
jimdig
tunes666
John Bloody Wayne
hampo17
manos de piedra
18 posters

Go down

Bute Activates Rematch Clause Empty Bute Activates Rematch Clause

Post by manos de piedra Thu 05 Jul 2012, 9:55 pm

Bute has decided to activate the rematch clause and will fight Froch in Canada next March. Theoretically Froch might be able to fight fight Kessler in between given the timeframe. He has said he will fight an opponent before then though. We may have to wait the best part of year for a Kessler rematch, if it does go ahead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18730568

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Bute Activates Rematch Clause Empty Re: Bute Activates Rematch Clause

Post by manos de piedra Thu 05 Jul 2012, 10:01 pm

Carl Froch has confirmed he will fight Lucian Bute in a rematch next March in Montreal but will meet an unnamed opponent in Nottingham before that.

Froch, 34, became a three-time world champion with an impressive fifth-round stoppage of Bute in May

Bute, who suffered his first career defeat against Froch, had not been expected to trigger his rematch clause after suffering a sustained beating.

Both fights will be for Froch's newly acquired IBF super-middleweight title.

Despite being the underdog in his home city of Nottingham Froch stunned Bute with a relentless onslaught.

Bute was saved by the bell in rounds three and four, before his corner called a halt in the fifth as he was receiving a standing count.

Bute insisted: "That was not the real Lucian Bute in that Nottingham ring on 26 May.

"I spent the last few weeks reflecting about what went wrong, what happened, and the only thing that is crystal clear in my mind is that I want my rematch with Carl Froch as soon as possible."

Froch said before their first meeting that the Nottingham crowd would intimidate Bute and he will have to deal with the same situation in the rematch, with the fight scheduled for Bute's adopted home city.

Bute, 32, was born in Pechea, Romania, but now fights out of Montreal in Canada.

Froch is keen on a rematch with Mikkel Kessler this autumn according to promoter Eddie Hearn - in 2010 the Dane inflicted the Briton's first defeat with a unanimous points victory in Herning.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 05 Jul 2012, 10:04 pm

Bute is either crazy or feels he had an off night, personally I'd go for option one.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 06 Jul 2012, 12:32 am

He had to do this. Otherwise it would be like admitting the first world class super middleweight he fought is simply too good for him to possibly beat. Even though that's true, he couldn't admit it.

Respect to him for possibly putting himself in harms way on behalf of his pride.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 06 Jul 2012, 1:11 am

Thats quite a while off though and anything can happen, So it looks like he is just keeping face... I cant see how a rematch would go any different other than maybe at home Bute will win a few more rounds before Froch grinds him down..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 06 Jul 2012, 9:26 am

He wants a rematch as soon as he can? That should be this year? No? I think he's saving face. If it does go ahead, it'd be good for Carl, a highly paid, easy defense.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sat 07 Jul 2012, 12:37 am

No way! Well done to Bute! Talk about balls! Man this guy I used to detest but he's proven to have the gonads of Robocop!

This time I reckon he'll do it. The Froch fight looked a bit dubious to be honest. I aint suggesting nothing but Bute and his camp did mention stuff about Froch not taking his gloves off and in Canada they will make sure that everything is done above board.....just sayin'! OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Sat 07 Jul 2012, 2:08 pm

Super D Boon wrote:No way! Well done to Bute! Talk about balls! Man this guy I used to detest but he's proven to have the gonads of Robocop!

This time I reckon he'll do it. The Froch fight looked a bit dubious to be honest. I aint suggesting nothing but Bute and his camp did mention stuff about Froch not taking his gloves off and in Canada they will make sure that everything is done above board.....just sayin'! OK

He's going to fall onto his sword once again but this time infront of his own fans. No other outcome possible, he's proved he can't take Cobras shots. Simple. By referencing 'Frochs Gloves' you are suggesting exactly what you say your not. He's a proven banger and the protected Bute just got exposed. Hiding in Canada his entire career and ducking the super 6 didn't help him one bit.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockmasterV2 Sat 07 Jul 2012, 2:10 pm

hampo171 wrote:Bute is either crazy or feels he had an off night, personally I'd go for option one.

I personally believed he was a rabbit caught in the headlights, i expect a more disciplined performance from Bute, but i'm pretty sure Froch has way too much for Bute, and another win will obviously open up the door towards Kessler/Ward. Times running out for Carl, but hopefully he'll do the business and the only way is up.
ShockmasterV2
ShockmasterV2

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 07 Jul 2012, 3:12 pm

Sharksoul he didnt duck the super 6 - they rejected him because he was canadian and wouldnt attract much interest in USA. I heard rumours about him having respiratory problems and a toe injury which interrupted his training - perhaps he feels he wasnt fit or something like that. Personally think he might get totalled again but at least he wants to give it a go.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sat 07 Jul 2012, 4:04 pm

got to respect the man for wanting to do it all again.
hope we see kessler before though.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat 07 Jul 2012, 4:47 pm

Super D Boon wrote:No way! Well done to Bute! Talk about balls! Man this guy I used to detest but he's proven to have the gonads of Robocop!

You could try and be a little less transparent

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Sat 07 Jul 2012, 5:00 pm

I'd be surprised if the manufacturers of Robocop fitted him with gonads.

Anyway, maybe it's because I like Froch and I'm always a bit fearful of him losing whenever and whoever he fights but I don't see this being another walkover.

Bute might not have the chin to survive for 12 rounds but he should have the experience to make it a bit more competitive than it was last time. People may point out that he has little experience of fighting big names, but he has first hand experience of what Froch can do and so should be a bit more clued up with regards to a game plan.

I still think Froch will win, but it could well go until the last quarter of the fight and with Bute having a bit more joy with regards getting his own shots in along the way too.

Or Froch could just smash him again.

I'm not sure.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 07 Jul 2012, 5:28 pm

Well Froch will have to spark Bute out inside the distance cause there's no way he'll get a decision against Bute in Canada. Expect Froch to KO him again, 10th or 11th round.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 Jul 2012, 12:04 am

In the first fight, Froch jumped on him like a hooker on crack. Bute will be ready next time. Sadly for him the result will be the same.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 08 Jul 2012, 9:25 pm

What...?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Mon 09 Jul 2012, 4:52 pm

azania wrote:In the first fight, Froch jumped on him like a hooker on crack. Bute will be ready next time. Sadly for him the result will be the same.

Bute will be ready next time? As opposed to not being prepared? He wasn't aware he was involved with one of the heaviest hitters in the division? I can't excuse for someone suffering with 'suprise' in a boxing bout. He tried to 'punch me in the head' I wasn't expecting it? Same outcome maybe a round or two later.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Mon 09 Jul 2012, 4:56 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Sharksoul he didnt duck the super 6 - they rejected him because he was canadian and wouldnt attract much interest in USA. I heard rumours about him having respiratory problems and a toe injury which interrupted his training - perhaps he feels he wasnt fit or something like that. Personally think he might get totalled again but at least he wants to give it a go.

Would have to hear this from a 'Super 6' representative to be honest. Wouldn't attract interest? Rejected him because he was canadian? He was a world champ, I think this may of been leaked from camp 'Bute'.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 09 Jul 2012, 5:05 pm

I dont think its unreasonable to suggest Bute would be better prepared for a rematch. Alot of the little things in boxing may have manifested themselves against Bute in the first one. He may not have been well prepared for Froch being able to walk through his shots, he may not have been well prepared for the hostile atmosphere, he may have underestimated Froch who fought like a man possessed and knew his whole career was on the line.

A rematch in Canada will see Froch as the favourite and Bute as the underdog. On the basis of the first fight I would find it hard to forsee how Bute turns it around, but I could definately envisage a scenario where Bute performs much better.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 09 Jul 2012, 5:14 pm

I think he deserves massive respect for doing this and obviously feels like it was an off night for him, and if he keeps telling himself that there is no reason to suggest he won't be fired up for it

Froch surprised everyone with how crisp and quick his shots where, I think bute was surprised also. Bute hit froch with some really good shots but froch could take them.

Froch will be 35 and if he does fight Kessler in the meantime as the rematch will be in march, he could start slowing as he's had a couple of tough fights and Kessler will be hard on his body

I also think the crowd got to Bute. Remember that he had NEVER Fought outside of Canada and the pro-froch crowd wa sad load as i've ever seen a crowd

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 09 Jul 2012, 5:24 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:

What...?

Transparency seems to be a Welsh affliction.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 09 Jul 2012, 5:27 pm

SharkSoul wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Sharksoul he didnt duck the super 6 - they rejected him because he was canadian and wouldnt attract much interest in USA. I heard rumours about him having respiratory problems and a toe injury which interrupted his training - perhaps he feels he wasnt fit or something like that. Personally think he might get totalled again but at least he wants to give it a go.

Would have to hear this from a 'Super 6' representative to be honest. Wouldn't attract interest? Rejected him because he was canadian? He was a world champ, I think this may of been leaked from camp 'Bute'.

I thought it had more to do with him refusing to leave Canada, and it was pretty much set up from the start that Ward was the home fighter and wouldn't leave Cali so they didn't want to stalemate. I don't think Bute thought he needed it as, a bit like the Germans, the Canadians seem to just turn up in droves whatever tomato cans their homeboy is fighting, think it was only after S6 that he realised he may have missed a bit of a trick.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 09 Jul 2012, 5:38 pm

Its hard to know what the ins and outs of putting the Super 6 together was, but I would be a little skeptical that Bute wasnt considered due to a lack of interest from America. He was a very popular fighter that could offer a large Canadian viewing audience I cant see why he would be much different to Kessler or Abraham for example, and even the American fighters involved and Froch himself werent enjoying the same kind of follwing. When you also consider that Dirrell, Taylor and Kessler had to drop out at various points it doesnt make much sense to me that Bute would not have been considered. When the Super 6 began he arguably had a bigger following than anyone of the S6 fighters.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Mon 09 Jul 2012, 10:53 pm

My thoughts exactly Manos. There is no way that it all came down to the fact that he just didn't want to travel. I think he probably knew he was going to get exposed and decided to stay out of it.

It seems to me that he was happy to stick around fighting T-cans in Canada building up a fanbase and cashing in. As a World champ he would of been offered a position to take part and it reflects on him and his entourage negatively in my eyes for him not to of but without all of the finer details I will refrain from further judgement.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Mon 09 Jul 2012, 11:07 pm

Popularity was the reason why Bute was disallowed from the super 6? Then why was Allan Green chosen as a replacement for Jermain Taylor?
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down