The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Hope You're Happy Now Lukas!

+16
luciusmann
socal1976
Calder106
yellowgoatboy
drsambo1928
Josiah Maiestas
Positively 4th Street
JuliusHMarx
Danny_1982
bogbrush
User 774433
lydian
reckoner
laverfan
Seifer Almasy
hawkeye
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I Hope You're Happy Now Lukas! Empty I Hope You're Happy Now Lukas!

Post by hawkeye Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:12 pm

I hope you're happy now Lukas Rosal. You've had your 5 minutes of fame. You've pocketed some extra prize money. You've gained some fair weather fans. You may even have carved out a tiny bit of tennis history with your win against Nadal the other night. So I hope you are really really happy and are enjoying this years Wimbledon because thanks to you lots of tennis fans are not quite as happy.

Of course you have opened up the draw and other tennis players (and maybe fans of players who would have great difficulty beating Nadal) might be happy with you. But tennis fans who were looking forward to watching some exciting tennis will be less than happy at a multi slam winning all time great and joint favourite for the title being the victim of your never to be repeated best tennis you have ever played in your life.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

I Hope You're Happy Now Lukas! Empty Re: I Hope You're Happy Now Lukas!

Post by Seifer Almasy Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:15 pm

hawkeye wrote:I hope you're happy now Lukas Rosal. You've had your 5 minutes of fame. You've pocketed some extra prize money. You've gained some fair weather fans. You may even have carved out a tiny bit of tennis history with your win against Nadal the other night. So I hope you are really really happy and are enjoying this years Wimbledon because thanks to you lots of tennis fans are not quite as happy.

Of course you have opened up the draw and other tennis players (and maybe fans of players who would have great difficulty beating Nadal) might be happy with you. But tennis fans who were looking forward to watching some exciting tennis will be less than happy at a multi slam winning all time great and joint favourite for the title being the victim of your never to be repeated best tennis you have ever played in your life.

Quite possibly the worst tennis post I have ever seen. Your man is out. He is out because he is a 1 dimensional player who can't deal with big hitters on grass (or anywhere...). Rosol played brilliantly, he deserved his win and for you to come here slagging him off for DOING HIS JOB is not only bad, it is disgusting.

Why am I not surprised that you are a Nadal fan? Grow up and get some humility. I would have congratulated Benn yesterday if he had won but Federer has more steel than Nadal. Nadal got tore a new bumhole. That sucks for you, but life goes on. Give Rosol the credit he is due.

thanks to you lots of tennis fans are not quite as happy

And thanks to him, many more ARE happy, that he sent a cheat who has no right to win on grass packing. Nadal doesn't play exciting tennis, he plays boring 1 dimensional, moonball, slow down tactics. HE IS A BORE. Also, it was a lot longer than 5 minutes that Rosol made Nadal look average. laughing laughing laughing

Last edited by Seifer Almasy on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:24 pm; edited 4 times in total

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:19 pm

Poor Rosol (like Dodig, Mayer, et al). Not getting the credit for a good match that he played.

HE.. rather Crying or Very sad to see you write this. As Becker once very famously said, and Nadal repeated similar sentiments during his post-match interview, "It was a tennis match. No one died".

One thing which should be pointed out is that consistency in winning is a great differentiator between players like Rosol and Nadal.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:24 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hilarious to see such bitterness!! laughing

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:24 pm

It was so obvious this was going to happen...that's why it was called freak tennis on Thursday. Lightening rarely strikes twice in the same place.

Conversely the win over Nadal may funnily enough become a millstone around Rosol's neck because he'll never be able to live up to its expectation in future. Sometimes these freak wins aren't long term wins at all.

Anyway, it's just tennis...Nadal will be sunning himself, chilling and resting. It's not worth getting het up about HE.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:27 pm

Ha interesting spin lydian - beating the former world number 2 and one of the favourites for Wimby is a bad thing in Rosol's career rather than an epic win...

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:27 pm

Yahoo This is grass, and a lot of us are thankful the most anti-grass player there is has been sent out. Yahoo

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:32 pm

It's not spin reckoner...the psychology of it is actually true.
Put it this way let's see where Rosol goes from here the next 6 mths...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:32 pm

laverfan

I think Lukas Rosol got loads of credit for his win over Nadal. In that last set he played tennis that was out of this world. So I have only respect for Rosols once in a lifetime win. But I am talking as a tennis spectator who wants to see the best possible show. I want to see the players that are capable of doing this. Rosol is not capable of doing this but he stopped someone who is very capable of doing so. Sorry if this sounds harsh.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:34 pm

As I have said before I saw the match live, and Rosol played at a level that was beyond incredible. He will never be able to recapture this form again. Every forehand in the corner, every serve just touching the line. There was a guy behind me who said he had watched the Wimbledon final for 7 years in a row now, but he had never witnessed hitting like this.

When Rosol was serving for the match in the 5th set I was already devastated but I turned to my friend (a Federer fan who was supporting Rosol) and said 'You know what? If Rosol manages to serve this out with balls of steel he damn well deserves to win this match.'
And I was absolutely right.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Seifer...you've been like a rabid dog on here the past 2 days and the forum is all the worse for yours, and some others, diatribe in my opinion. Your comments actually add nothing to debates except effervescent froth.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:35 pm

lydian Thank you for those kind words. Don't worry I'm not "het up" just a little sad...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:35 pm

lydian wrote:Seifer...you've been like a rabid dog on here the past 2 days and the forum is all the worse for yours, and some others, diatribe in my opinion. Your comments actually add nothing to debates except effervescent froth.

I am sorry you are that upset with your master going out. This thread is awful and I couldn't care less what you say, you better get used to me. Very Happy I responded to the thread and content, you did not. Boo Hoo, Nadal was wasted. Laugh

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:36 pm

hawkeye wrote:lydian Thank you for those kind words. Don't worry I'm not "het up" just a little sad...
I'm still devastated, shell shocked.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:37 pm

lydian wrote:
Put it this way let's see where Rosol goes from here the next 6 mths...

I am saying the same about Nadal... haha! Hahahahahahhhahaha!

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:38 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:
hawkeye wrote:lydian Thank you for those kind words. Don't worry I'm not "het up" just a little sad...
I'm still devastated, shell shocked.

Well if I'm going to be really honest maybe that as well...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:40 pm

I hope your really happy now Seifer Almasy because others are not...

couldn't resist that...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:42 pm

hawkeye wrote:I hope your really happy now Seifer Almasy because others are not...

couldn't resist that...

I am. I AM happy! REALLY HAPPY! I can't tell you how happy I am! I screamed with delight when he went out, and not just sent out, he was aced out.

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:42 pm

lydian, Rosol is a year older than Nadal and ranked way down there - he had zero expectation from his career or this tournament. By claiming Nadal's scalp he has become the toast of his country and that single win is being touted as the most exceptional in Czech Republic's recent sporting history - I think he is more than happy...

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:45 pm

Anyway lydian, as a fair minded tennis fan - surely you must at some level appreciate the story of the upset if you set aside your preference for Nadal? Everyone loves an underdog story.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:45 pm

Seifer, if you want to contribute to turning this forum into a juvenile playground where you end up posting to yourself then go ahead. You've posted dozens upon dozens of baleful, scornful comments about the player and his fans since the Nadal loss. It's already clear a whole bunch of regular posters aren't posting the past few days...it's not surprising when the forum takes on a nasty edge.

So keep it up Seifer...make sure you turn off the light on your way out.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Hawkeye, that's an appalling OP. just think what you're saying- you resent the guy for doing his job. He didn't cheat he won fair and square. I can understand disappointment, but resentment?

He was the worthy winner.

Maybe you should wonder what it means or Nadal that he lost to a guy now proven as ordinary.

Last edited by bogbrush on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:47 pm

As for Seifer's contributions - they are of the same level in terms of bias as hawkeye's or socal's so don't think it's fair to call him out in that way IMO.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:47 pm

lydian wrote:Seifer, if you want to contribute to turning this forum into a juvenile playground where you end up posting to yourself then go ahead. You've posted dozens upon dozens of baleful, scornful comments about the player and his fans since the Nadal loss. It's already clear a whole bunch of regular posters aren't posting the past few days...it's not surprising when the forum takes on a nasty edge.

So keep it up Seifer...make sure you turn off the light on your way out.

When you get a thread like this, what other way do you want me to respond? Sit down and shut up and accept Nadal lost to the better man. It is no crime taking delight in scum like Nadal being beaten. Or talking tennis. I would never write crap like this after Fed lost to a performance like yesterday!

Last edited by Seifer Almasy on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:48 pm

HE - I understand as a Rafa fan that you are really disappointed, but to have a strop at Rosol for being unable to reproduce what was a once in a lifetime performance is a little childish.

As for whether Rosol is happy now, I guess once the dust settles and he gets over today's defeat he'll be delighted. He'll have a DVD to show his kids of him beating one of the best players of all time at the grandest of slams, on centre court.

Players lose if the other guy plays better. Petulantly having a go at the victor does nobody any favours, and least of all you.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:49 pm

Of course Reckoner, I posted immediately what a great win it was for him...and it will make his name for now. But I don't think it will help his actual tennis career and performance one iota because even he knows it was a freak evening of tennis. So sure...well done Rosol...I hope he gets the keys to his city...but I don't believe he'll benefit long term. It's like being a one hit #1 wonder in music...great when it lasts but they can't live up to the expectation afterwards so kind of become known as oddities.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:51 pm

Seifer Almasy wrote: taking delight in scum like Nadal being beaten
I rest my case.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:51 pm

hawkeye wrote:I think Lukas Rosol got loads of credit for his win over Nadal. In that last set he played tennis that was out of this world. So I have only respect for Rosols once in a lifetime win.

He has not retired yet. Remember Bastl beating Sampras? chin

hawkeye wrote: But I am talking as a tennis spectator who wants to see the best possible show. I want to see the players that are capable of doing this. Rosol is not capable of doing this but he stopped someone who is very capable of doing so. Sorry if this sounds harsh.

It is not harsh. Yesterday, Federer was two points from defeat in the fourth set. USO 2009, Federer was 15-30, 4-5 against Del Potro. Tsonga had 4 MPs against Djokovic @FO. You win some, you lose some. Equanimity (and less emotion) is what makes this a sport. As John Mc said, anything can happen in this sport ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFTP4JWNm6s - Thanks, Oracle86@MTL).

Yes, it was a show, and it still is. One actor has exited the stage from left, but the play is not over yet. W has not stopped, has it? I am fond of that actor too, but as a spectator, I have to follow the whole play (pun intended) as it unfolds.

Enjoy the remaining show. zen

Last edited by laverfan on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:51 pm

But Lydian nobody is saying otherwise. Ths is jut becase hawkeye has been a bit overly emotional and fired off at the guy for getting in Nadals way.

Last edited by bogbrush on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:52 pm

lydian wrote:
I rest my case.
What case, that I don't like Nadal... geee... say it ain't so!

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:54 pm

lydian wrote:Of course Reckoner, I posted immediately what a great win it was for him...and it will make his name for now. But I don't think it will help his actual tennis career and performance one iota because even he knows it was a freak evening of tennis. So sure...well done Rosol...I hope he gets the keys to his city...but I don't believe he'll benefit long term. It's like being a one hit #1 wonder in music...great when it lasts but they can't live up to the expectation afterwards so kind of become known as oddities.

Excellent, glad you posted it was a great win for him. I didn't see that, good on you.

I can't see what else he could have done in this tournament to benefit his career other than beat whoever he was playing - so while, yes historically one hit wonders don't go on to have spectacular tennis careers, bear in mind he isn't just starting out - he's reaching the tail end of his career and in that context it's an amazing win. He'll remember that feeling forever - good for him.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Seifer Almasy wrote:
lydian wrote:
I rest my case.

Do you have monomania? Laugh You need to understand contexts, which otherwise seem lost on you. Wink. Every post is not about Nadal, neither about Federer. There are thousands of players. Open your eyes to the sport, not just one player. OK

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:56 pm

If I were you hawkeye I'd reflect and retract or this could become your Fognini moment, where you turn on a player and misplace blame because things don't work out for your favourite.

Last edited by bogbrush on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:57 pm

LF, so you don't think is "article" is pathetic sour grapes then? Whistle

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:57 pm

laverfan wrote:
Seifer Almasy wrote:
lydian wrote:
I rest my case.

Do you have monomania? Laugh You need to understand contexts, which otherwise seem lost on you. Wink. Every post is not about Nadal, neither about Federer. There are thousands of players. Open your eyes to the sport, not just one player. OK

This thread is about Nadal. I don't think you can criticise me for bringing up Nadal in a plainly pro nadal crap thread like this Wink Can you?

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:00 pm

bogbrush wrote:If I were you hawkeye I'd reflect and retract or this could become your Fognini moment, where you turn on a player and misplace blame because things don't work out for your favourite.

That would be the right thing to do.

About as likely as me flying to the moon bogbrush!

Unbelievably bad OP by hawkeye.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:09 pm

bogbrush wrote:But Lydian nobody is saying otherwise. Ths is jut becase hawkeye has been a bit overly emotional and fired off at the guy for getting in Nadals way.
I understand that well enough BB. I also understand some delight and rejoicing in seeing Nadal lose for some people but it went and is going OTT IMO. I understand the sentiment of HEs post, we probably all do...whether its ill-advised to post it as a thread is debatable of course. But this forum has gone down a couple of notches in my opinion the past 2 days which is a shame as it wasnt in a bad place before the rabidity kicked in.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:11 pm

laverfan

Yes it was close with Federer too. Federer said after the match that he thought Benneteau may have been inspired by Rosals performance. I'm glad he wasn't too inspired... I hope that's not interpreted as being mean to Benneteau.

bogbrush

Why should I retract? Are we not allowed to cheer for who we wish. I would have thought cheering for someone who could put on a good performance in later rounds is as good a reason as any. Do you think we should always cheer the underdog? I have a sneaky suspicion that you may not have been cheering for Benneteau last night. If Benneteau had won would you have been happy for Benneteau for what would have been a huge win or sad that there would be no more matches featuring Federer this Wimbledon? Try and be honest.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:13 pm

Much as I disagree with the OP on this one, there have some equally pathetic, or worse, anti-Nadal threads started in the last couple of days.

Emotions are clearly running high - let's hope when it simmers down a greater measure of intelligence, perspective and friendliness will re-appear on the forum. At the moment several people are letting themselves and the forum down.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:13 pm

I would have been happy for him yes. I certainly wouldn't have written a thread like this putting the guy down.

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:17 pm

Seifer Almasy wrote:I would have been happy for him yes. I certainly wouldn't have written a thread like this putting the guy down.

Ha ha! I'm sure you wouldn't as you always show great respect for players...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:19 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Much as I disagree with the OP on this one, there have some equally pathetic, or worse, anti-Nadal threads started in the last couple of days.

Emotions are clearly running high - let's hope when it simmers down a greater measure of intelligence, perspective and friendliness will re-appear on the forum. At the moment several people are letting themselves and the forum down.

What did the inflatable headmaster say to the inflatable boy?

You've let me down, you've let yourself down, you've let your friends down, you've let your family down, you've let your school down...

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:21 pm

reckoner wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Much as I disagree with the OP on this one, there have some equally pathetic, or worse, anti-Nadal threads started in the last couple of days.

What did the inflatable headmaster say to the inflatable boy?

You've let me down, you've let yourself down, you've let your friends down, you've let your family down, you've let your school down...

Smile And I've let my girlfriend down Wink

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:21 pm

reckoner wrote:LF, so you don't think is "article" is pathetic sour grapes then? Whistle

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. There is a saying which roughly translates as. If a fly irritates you, kill it with the first swipe, or just ignore it. Doing both is just detrimental to your health.

If this article was so 'unworthy', why comment on it, in the first place, and glorify it? chin

Seifer Almasy wrote:I would have been happy for him yes. I certainly wouldn't have written a thread like this putting the guy down.

A poster is a sum of all posts on a forum. Not writing one potential article, does not imply being a model poster. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:22 pm

JHM and LF...let's hope this simmers down or there'll be an exodus as only WUMs want to post in an unfriendly, vitriolic forum. Sure let good debate take place, we don't want yes yes yes all the time, but surely it can take place with good humour and conviviality.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:27 pm

laverfan wrote:
reckoner wrote:LF, so you don't think is "article" is pathetic sour grapes then? Whistle

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. There is a saying which roughly translates as. If a fly irritates you, kill it with the first swipe, or just ignore it. Doing both is just detrimental to your health.

If this article was so 'unworthy', why comment on it, in the first place, and glorify it? chin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_XI_290cfw

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:28 pm

hawkeye wrote:laverfan

Yes it was close with Federer too. Federer said after the match that he thought Benneteau may have been inspired by Rosals performance. I'm glad he wasn't too inspired... I hope that's not interpreted as being mean to Benneteau.

bogbrush

Why should I retract? Are we not allowed to cheer for who we wish. I would have thought cheering for someone who could put on a good performance in later rounds is as good a reason as any. Do you think we should always cheer the underdog? I have a sneaky suspicion that you may not have been cheering for Benneteau last night. If Benneteau had won would you have been happy for Benneteau for what would have been a huge win or sad that there would be no more matches featuring Federer this Wimbledon? Try and be honest.
I'll answer directly and honestly.

I was very much pro-Federer last night but if he'd have lost I've have harboured no resentment towards Julien Benneteau, and I've have seen no loss to the event as the loser doesn't deserve to go forward.

I really don't get your OP. You seem angry towards the guy, it makes no sense to me. It's not cheering, it's moaning. He deserved to win, he was the better player for most of the match. If you want to be angry at anyone, or blame them, then you shoud look at Nadal.

Last edited by bogbrush on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:29 pm

hawkeye wrote:

Ha ha! I'm sure you wouldn't as you always show great respect for players...

Well you need to read my comments more then. This thread is a joke. Just because I don't have any respect for Nadal and Murray (for v good reasons) does not mean that I lack respect for all the other players. You don't like any player against nadal it seems.

Last edited by Seifer Almasy on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:30 pm

I stand by what I said about HE's post being petulant, childish and a little embarrassing.

However I do agree that the wummery since the Nadal match has become a little tiresome. I prefer to focus on how good it is for tennis that things have been shaken up by the result.

If I was a big Rafa fan I could understand the frustration of seeing the same wind ups being posted over and over again.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:31 pm

Come on Seifer,

I'm not a Rafa fan and I was quite pleased to see him lose but it's quite unbecoming to rub it in like this.

Rafa is still a great champion and his charisma has helped to boost the profile of the sport. He is one of the most recognisable faces in world sport and that can only be good for tennis, the sport of which we are fans.

There is no greater virtue than showing restraint and compassion when it is easy to feel vindicated and triumphant. I've had to learn that lesson, and overall I think it makes for a better forum.

Besides Rafa is far from finished. He just won a slam for the 8th consecutive year!

HE, this is a bit of a sour grapes thread.

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next