The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd Vacates At Welter To Avoid Manny

+29
J.Benson II
spencerclarke
Lumbering_Jack
Herman Jaeger
Diamond in the rough
KC
RanjitPatel
Rowley
Boxtthis
BoxingFan88
tunes666
Hammersmith harrier
88Chris05
B.A. BARACUS
ShahenshahG
JabMachineMK2
Lance
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
mobilemaster8
Pedro147
hogey
catchweight
kingraf
TopHat24/7
hazharrison
ONETWOFOREVER
joeyjojo618
sodhat
Strongback
33 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Floyd Vacates At Welter To Avoid Manny - Page 5 Empty Floyd Vacates At Welter To Avoid Manny

Post by Strongback Mon 16 Dec 2013, 12:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here's Floyd's comment:

"Floyd Mayweather is at the level now he can come out with his own world championship belt...I'm 45 and 0 throughout my professional career, and like I always said before, and I'ma say it again; you put 'em in front of me, I'll beat 'em...you gotta realize this, everybody kept talking about the title, he's mandatory; he can have the belt. A belt doesn't make me,"

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Floyd Vacates At Welter To Avoid Manny - Page 5 Empty Re: Floyd Vacates At Welter To Avoid Manny

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 20 Dec 2013, 7:17 pm

catchweight wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Lets get back to reality here.

He offered Mosley a fight years ago but somebody needed to take time out because they had a poorly tooth and it wasn't Mayweather. He can hardly be blamed for the other guy turning down the fight, watch the end of the Vargas rematch for the explanation coming out of the horses mouth.

As for Margarito and Williams, well they're no better than the Guerreros and Hattons of this world so I don't think they add much or offered any greater risk. It just so happens he didn't fight them as he was busy fighting the divisions top two in Judah and Baldomir, easy to change history to make out certain challenges were considered riskier when they were not.

I have said from the start that he should have fought Pacquiao, Tzuyu and a younger Cotto, that I have no problem with but throwing names like Williams and Margarito out there would be viewed similarly as his actual opposition.

Of the current Lara, Garcia and Bradley are the three fights i'd like to see, as it stands Golovkin and Martinez are non starters. They need to chase him by moving down not the other way round, Leonard didn't chase Pryor nor did Hagler chase McCallum. It's not excusing the Khan fight but no matter who he faces and beats, certain posters on here will suddenly make a U-turn. They will say that Lara struggled against Molina, Angulo and Martirosyan, they will say that Bradley robbed Pacquiao and they will say that Garcia was too small and not that good anyway.

You have two opposing poles, those like Truss and Mobile who will excuse anything he does and turn any win into a great one. Then in contrast you have Catchweight and Haz who say he's fought nobody, cherry picked his whole career and doesn't compare to the bygone eras. Somewhere in the middle you have a fairly accurate truth, I want to see him face Lara and Bradley but when/if he wins I would rather not have to see endless posts making excuses why they weren't any good.

You call that getting back to reality?

Hilarious

What a surprise you have zero input but to act childishly yet again.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Floyd Vacates At Welter To Avoid Manny - Page 5 Empty Re: Floyd Vacates At Welter To Avoid Manny

Post by catchweight Sun 22 Dec 2013, 10:35 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
catchweight wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Lets get back to reality here.

He offered Mosley a fight years ago but somebody needed to take time out because they had a poorly tooth and it wasn't Mayweather. He can hardly be blamed for the other guy turning down the fight, watch the end of the Vargas rematch for the explanation coming out of the horses mouth.

As for Margarito and Williams, well they're no better than the Guerreros and Hattons of this world so I don't think they add much or offered any greater risk. It just so happens he didn't fight them as he was busy fighting the divisions top two in Judah and Baldomir, easy to change history to make out certain challenges were considered riskier when they were not.

I have said from the start that he should have fought Pacquiao, Tzuyu and a younger Cotto, that I have no problem with but throwing names like Williams and Margarito out there would be viewed similarly as his actual opposition.

Of the current Lara, Garcia and Bradley are the three fights i'd like to see, as it stands Golovkin and Martinez are non starters. They need to chase him by moving down not the other way round, Leonard didn't chase Pryor nor did Hagler chase McCallum. It's not excusing the Khan fight but no matter who he faces and beats, certain posters on here will suddenly make a U-turn. They will say that Lara struggled against Molina, Angulo and Martirosyan, they will say that Bradley robbed Pacquiao and they will say that Garcia was too small and not that good anyway.

You have two opposing poles, those like Truss and Mobile who will excuse anything he does and turn any win into a great one. Then in contrast you have Catchweight and Haz who say he's fought nobody, cherry picked his whole career and doesn't compare to the bygone eras. Somewhere in the middle you have a fairly accurate truth, I want to see him face Lara and Bradley but when/if he wins I would rather not have to see endless posts making excuses why they weren't any good.

You call that getting back to reality?

Hilarious

What a surprise you have zero input but to act childishly yet again.

What a surprise, you are making excuses for your hero again, under the delusion of "balance and reason". Your reality is a laughing stock.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 22 Dec 2013, 10:46 am

Challenge it then instead of continuing this pathetic personal vendetta.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 22 Dec 2013, 11:07 am

Ive spent pages challenges it only to met by a litany of crap excuses every time from a fraud who thinks hes the voice of reason.

Margarito and Williams no tougher than Hatton and Guerrero - good one by the way.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 22 Dec 2013, 1:39 pm

Still with the abuse, you really need to grow up.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun 22 Dec 2013, 2:45 pm

catchweight wrote:Ive spent pages challenges it only to met by a litany of crap excuses every time from a fraud who thinks hes the voice of reason.

Margarito and Williams no tougher than Hatton and Guerrero - good one by the way.

I agree with your point here. but when you make after your childish outburst, don't be surprised that people don't take you seriously

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 22 Dec 2013, 10:47 pm

This type of argument will see neither side change their opinion. Even if stone wall proof was offered supporting manny or Floyd it would not make either change their mind.

Give it up.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 22 Dec 2013, 11:02 pm

I have all the stone wall proof needed that Mayweather has cherry picked through welterweight. If someone can prove he boxed Pacquiao, Cotto, Margarito, Williams or intends to box Bradley anytime soon I will happily reconsider. He has cherry picked and been unwilling to take on the toughest challenges for half a decade now.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 22 Dec 2013, 11:12 pm

I agree. Giving up a belt when Manny becomes a mandatory is all the proof you need but some will never agree. We've had excuses such as...

Manny wouldn't take a mandatory purse
Mayweather would fight him but hates Arum
Manny doesn't want to fight Floyd

Excuses excuses excuses.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 22 Dec 2013, 11:17 pm

They are some of the better of excuses, and thats just for one opponent.

He wont end up having to give up the belt I imagine. Watch the WBC do a full circle and make Khan a top challenger or mandatory in the near future.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by blackpanther Mon 23 Dec 2013, 10:45 am

Strongback wrote:Remember how on the  BBC board the thread starter could self moderate his own threads.

The thread starter having the ability to delete posts that he deemed broke the BBC's rules.  

Truss loved that facility.  Back then he used to start 8 threads a day.

Or the time when he started a thread and was arguing between himself and lescargo only to turn out they were one in the same person...Comedy gold

blackpanther

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 Dec 2013, 2:44 pm

Looks like an alias................

Comedy gold............Well I aim to please..

"To avoid Manny"........I think any attempt at objectivity from the OP went out the window with the title...

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 31 Dec 2013, 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 31 Dec 2013, 2:46 pm

blackpanther wrote:
Strongback wrote:Remember how on the  BBC board the thread starter could self moderate his own threads.

The thread starter having the ability to delete posts that he deemed broke the BBC's rules.  

Or the time when he started a thread and was arguing between himself and lescargo only to turn out they were one in the same person...Comedy gold

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 Dec 2013, 2:48 pm

Ha Ha.......you stick the boot into me time and again.........and because I'm regarded as a cocky Yank I get told all I do is abuse people and start everything....

Gotta love it........But fairplay...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 01 Jan 2014, 8:53 pm

blackpanther wrote:

Any chance you could elaborate on this?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 01 Jan 2014, 10:49 pm

catchweight wrote:Ive spent pages challenges it only to met by a litany of crap excuses every time from a fraud who thinks hes the voice of reason.

Can't say I've seen any rebuttal..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat 04 Jan 2014, 9:41 am

Maybe he's vacated at WW to make a future fight easier to make at 154 or at a catchweight where he feels he holds more of an advantage.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5