The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T4; Sydney

+11
VTR
freemo
Mike Selig
kingraf
ShankyCricket
JDizzle
alfie
guildfordbat
msp83
Pal Joey
KP_fan
15 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

T4; Sydney - Page 6 Empty T4; Sydney

Post by KP_fan Wed 31 Dec 2014, 5:28 am

First topic message reminder :

well there is hope now and life back in test cricket.
We drew T3 because of one act of postiivity on D5 of T1....by Kohli wanting to and nearly chasing down.
and that is what delayed Smith's declaration yesterday.

and Shastri said I don't care whether we go down 2-0 or 3-0........we will try to win....as defiant as one can get to Dhoni's ways......in the BCCI culture of gagged mouths.

India may ( and should) play 2 spinners.....throw Patel in, now that he has arrived and both spinners can bat a bit.

added cushion can come in the form of batsman WK Naman Ojha

so Patel for Rahul
Ojha for Dhoni
and if Bhuvi is fit then he is in for someone like shami
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

T4; Sydney - Page 6 Empty Re: T4; Sydney

Post by KP_fan Tue 13 Jan 2015, 12:25 pm

Aus got lucky...if we had won the toss in adelaide and Sydney...we would have won those games Wink

we came within 50 and 70 runs of winning......and that was only the offset due to toss advantage Wink
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 13 Jan 2015, 12:44 pm

KP_fan wrote:Aus got lucky...if we had won the toss in adelaide and Sydney...we would have won those games Wink

we came within 50 and 70 runs of winning......and that was only the offset due to toss advantage Wink

Do you have another TOI article to prove your hypothesis? Smile

(if so, I'll read it in the morning... getting late here. I enjoyed that long post by the way)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 13 Jan 2015, 12:50 pm

Indeed, its all in the toss!. What do you say, LD?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 13 Jan 2015, 12:59 pm

I'm sure India would still have found a way to lose, msp.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue 13 Jan 2015, 12:59 pm

msp83 wrote:Indeed, its all in the toss!. What do you say, LD?

that's how Andy Flower won the English leg of the ashes claimed boof....winning more tosses and the one game where Aus was likely to win, rain appeared and washed off
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 13 Jan 2015, 1:06 pm

Please don't remind me, mate. Luckily they have made some amends since.

I'm still getting over McGrath's ankle accident in his warm up nearly a decade ago.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Tue 13 Jan 2015, 2:26 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:Oh, and England... the ball is in your court now for next summer.
Let's see what your grounds-people can produce, yah? Whistle

Dead pitches so all games go the full 5 days and we can milk The Ashes cash cow a little bit drier

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue 13 Jan 2015, 4:22 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:Please don't remind me, mate. Luckily they have made some amends since.

I'm still getting over McGrath's ankle accident in his warm up nearly a decade ago.

It's a travesty that cricket ball didn't get an MBE!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 13 Jan 2015, 5:06 pm

That cricket ball revived test cricket, and the blockbuster crowds this December is give or take backdated to that moment.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 15 Jan 2015, 3:05 am

Here's an article about the state of the pitches I was referring to in my previous post on page 5 towards the bottom.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/story/820483.html?comments=all#usrcomment

Part of it says:

My theory is that there must have been some sort of tacit understanding that most of the matches needed to go at least four days in order for the Indian television market to reap maximum dividends

This is somewhat along the lines of what I was thinking. The only other important thing to add would be that it's not all about "the Indian television market to reap maximum (financial) dividends".

It also about us, the fans, getting a more even contest than the last couple of home series against England and India.
I think it works both ways though. Whitewashes can drive away crowds as much as too many drawn matches... especially for the more fickle cricket supporter. Real fans don't mind the odd drawn match here and there though. (2-0 was an OK result in all fairness, imo.)

Hence my comment (previous page) about trying to produce something in between what was produced (MCG in particular, SCG partially) in this last series and the 2 series before that. It's a difficult balancing act for a curator to produce a pitch which would satisfy both teams and also provide for an exciting contest for us fans.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 15 Jan 2015, 5:18 am

Most people don't mind a draw if a result is still a possibility heading into day Five. Its when there a three innings and a gazillion runs in five days when people decide they've got things to do. The average fan does appreciate a draw when a team has had to extend themselves to get it. The Adelaide test against you guys in 2012 is the only test I've seen on Supersport where day Five was replayed in its ENTIRETY. And it was replayed half a dozen times, so ratings must've been good. Every single ball. They don't even replay T20s in their entirety.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6