The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+9
Union Cane
rIck_dAgless
Pal Joey
Adam D
Galted
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
kingraf
ShahenshahG
13 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 13 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:26 am

First topic message reminder :

kingraf wrote:I watched it. It buffered every five seconds due to the awful Internet reception on the farm... I can't decide whether that made it better or worse like. Was awful nonetheless

Wrong thread.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 13 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:33 am

Tino wrote:Preferably in a soUp, RiCk?

Instant soup of course Tino...

Tastes like spinach TLD

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 13 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Galted Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:41 am

Yesiree! A big bowl of kale in the morning is a surefire start to a great day!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:43 am

Galted wrote:Yesiree! A big bowl of kale in the morning is a surefire start to a great day!

Does it give you horrendous wind all day?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:06 am

Kale is cracking.

Morning all.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:50 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:Preferably in a soUp, RiCk?

Instant soup of course Tino...

Tastes like spinach TLD

I thought we'd blown apart the whole "instant" soup conspiracy.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:52 am

I wonder if French police will take Bobby Zamora alive?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:07 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:Yesiree! A big bowl of kale in the morning is a surefire start to a great day!

Yes, hence the phrase "It's blowing a kale"

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:15 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Yes, hence the phrase "It's blowing a kale"

How are you feeling today, Jules?

I'm getting increasingly worried about your well being.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:22 am

Superfly/Galted many thanks for the classical music tips. Had the joy of Beethoven's 9th on the way to work. Truly majestic stuff.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:23 am

I will survive, Tino. As long as I know how to love, I know I'll stay alive.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:27 am

Find the link and give me song title no.5

1. I never wanted anyone like this, It's all brand new, you'll feel it in my kiss....
2. Intuition tells me what I'm missing when I look at you.So tell me honey am I dreaming or do you feel it too?
3. They try to tell us we don't belong, that's alright, we're millions strong. This is my music, it makes me proud, these are my people and this is my crowd.
4. While those around him criticize and sleep, And through a fracture on that breaking wall, I see you my friend and touch your face again
5. [song Title] - Slade

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:28 am

Rowley wrote:Superfly/Galted many thanks for the classical music tips. Had the joy of Beethoven's 9th on the way to work. Truly majestic stuff.

T*sser.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:29 am

seanmichaels wrote:Find the link and give me song title no.5

1. I never wanted anyone like this, It's all brand new, you'll feel it in my kiss....
2. Intuition tells me what I'm missing when I look at you.So tell me honey am I dreaming or do you feel it too?
3. They try to tell us we don't belong, that's alright, we're millions strong. This is my music, it makes me proud, these are my people and this is my crowd.
4. While those around him criticize and sleep, And through a fracture on that breaking wall, I see you my friend and touch your face again
5. [song Title] - Slade

No idea on any of the lyrics but is the link the hostage situation in France?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:30 am

1. Madonna - Crazy for you

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:30 am

1-0 to jules. No Tino.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:33 am

6 is Still Crazy After All These Years by Paul Simon.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:36 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:6 is Still Crazy After All These Years by Paul Simon.

whooooah jules! play the game son, you've taken it a step too far there.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:43 am

4 is Crazy by Seal

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:44 am

3 is crazy Crazy nights by Kiss

5 must be Mama we're all crazy now

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:45 am

3/ Crazy Nights by KISS (loath to put it in capitals but that's their logo)

so it's "mama we're all crazy now"

Last edited by DAVE667 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:45 am

Rowley wrote:Superfly/Galted many thanks for the classical music tips. Had the joy of Beethoven's 9th on the way to work. Truly majestic stuff.

T*sser.

You are so right. Did want to p*ss off TSMR with it today, but her best mates old man has just carked it so thought better of it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:48 am

Good work. Surprised Dave missed #2 Crazy for you by Let Loose or perhaps he just didn't need it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:50 am

Rowley wrote:3 is crazy Crazy nights by Kiss

5 must be Mama we're all crazy now

Or Mama Weer all Crazee now

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:53 am

seanmichaels wrote:Good work. Surprised Dave missed #2 Crazy for you by Let Loose or perhaps he just didn't need it.

LET LOOSE.

Get it right.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:59 am

I had the DJ Sy set from Hardcore Heaven - Motion 2011 on this morning, with the volume right up, bass right up, treble right up. Couldn't use the rear-view mirror as it was vibrating so much, and my ears were ringing when I got out of the car.

I'll grow out of it one day...

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 13 3933776953
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:26 am

Just downloaded Beethoven's 9th for the journey home. (I've gone for the NDR Symphony Orchestra version, conducted by Günter Wand.)

Does it matter who is playing it, or is it all much of a muchness?

Does the conductor make any difference whatsoever?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:36 am

No idea Union, all a bit new to this. Mine is conducted by Leonard Bernstein.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:41 am

Ah, Bernstein, yes. I almost went for the Georg Solti one from 1988, but as it was an outdoor performance I felt the sound quality may have suffered somewhat.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:43 am

Union Cane wrote:

Does the conductor make any difference whatsoever?

In the classical era, all orchestras played without conductor, being led by the 1st violin or the soloist. It was at the beginning of the 19th century that orchestras got large enough for a conductor to be necessary - the main reason is that in a large orchestra, the time taken for the sound to travel from the front of the orchestra to the back is long enough for there to be a lag between what the violins and the timpani are playing (timps in the wrong place will bring everything to a halt). In student orchestras the timps are nearly always late because the player is doing it by ear. As far as I am aware, Russian orchestras have had conductors as long as European orchestras - Turgenev makes a reference to Rubenstein conducting in one of his stories, so I think that's far enough back for me. Today, the main reason for a conductor is to interpret the music - professional orchestras could get through most things without stopping. The conductor will make sure that the volume of the instruments balances so nothing is drowned out. They also have the last word on ideas of phrasing, tempo, bowings and general style. Although it should be pointed out to play a few bars perfectly on any of the instruments is harder than conducting.

Just a few of my thoughts on conductors, Union. They definitely make a difference.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:46 am

Ah, Turgenev, Rubenstein, yes.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:46 am

Thanks for the insights Tina. You are fast becoming the new rafcox of the CC.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:49 am

Rowley wrote:Thanks for the insights Tina. You are fast becoming the new rafcox of the CC.

How dare you.

They are my own thoughts and insights, nothing googled at all.

Up yours, Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:00 pm

I once knew a very good conductor. He worked on the route from Northfield to Birmingham city centre. His name was Herbert von Karajan.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:05 pm

Good work, jeff and Union. Listening to the 6th symphony right now (couldn't get into work today because of all the wind and sh1t in Scotland) conducted by Leonard Bernstein (a safe pair of hands).

The 5th symphony is probably the next port of call if you like the 9th.

Expertly words from Tina on the art of conducting.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:08 pm

superflyweight wrote:Expertly words from Tina on the art of conducting.      

The spirit of Stanley Unwin lives on...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:09 pm

I tried to get the fifth but it would not download. Got some of the others you and Galted recommended. May go with some Bach this evening.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:13 pm

'The Magic of Mantovani' is next up for me.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:00 pm

Sh*t on here again this afternoon.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:06 pm

Cheese & ham & salad sandwich, 2 x mini yule logs, the other half of the tin of Fox's biscuits.

Mm mm.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Sausage roll, chips and mushy peas...

Banger.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Sh*t on here again this afternoon.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:17 pm

Liven it up then you miserable twit, give us a quiz, give us something.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:19 pm

Knockers.

Jugs.

Baps.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:20 pm

Norks.

Lol.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:23 pm

M & S Mexican three bean wrap, a slice of cheese flan an apple pie and orange juice.

Enjoyed that meal

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:23 pm

They are nicking your Friday fun idea on the Boxing Board Union...

Start one off.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:25 pm

Hampton.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:27 pm

Milkers, heavy artillery, flange.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:27 pm

Jism.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:28 pm

On a serious note, just read the Ched Evans appeal refusal and a 3rd party website (in support) about him and key aspects of the conviction. Blimey, he could be one unlucky boy.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next