The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ?

+30
Happytravelling
spencerclarke
compelling and rich
kingraf
Nico the gman
DuransHorse
Atila
Valero's Conscience
Strongback
Silver
horizontalhero
Dipper Brown
superflyweight
Coxy001
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Scottrf
aja424
Guest82
Hammersmith harrier
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
hampo17
RanjitPatel
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
Derbymanc
wheelchair1991
AdamT
hogey
Rodney
34 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Do you want Floyd to win on Saturday ?

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 4 Vote_lcap48%Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 23 ]
Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 4 Vote_lcap52%Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 25 ]

Total Votes : 48

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 4 Empty Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ?

Post by Rodney Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:30 am

First topic message reminder :

Interesting to know why if clicking yes, been watching clips of the build up and it reminded me of what an odious character he is.
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ?

Post by RanjitPatel Wed 29 Apr 2015, 7:18 pm

I think Pacquaio is a bit of a bully behind the scenes. Couple of times I've seen him hit someone in his entourage on the 24/7 shows. Playful to him but they looked like digs that you wouldn't want to take.

I'll never like him due to him taking apart Barrera and Morales though the way he did with that silly moustache. Something a bit manufactured about his public image.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ?

Post by Nico the gman Wed 29 Apr 2015, 7:19 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Mayweather is like Cristiano Ronaldo...widely admired for his undeniable ability yet possibly one of the most disliked people in his profession
Absolutely spot on.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 29 Apr 2015, 7:28 pm

don't like mayweather, even if you took his personal behaviour away from boxing away, still wouldn't want him to win. he thinks he's some kind of show man, while the likes of ali certainly crossed the line at least he had wit and humour. cant say ive ever seen mayweather do anything funny or witty. just gobs off, not that hard to do.

add that i find his style dull i certainly dont see what a show man he is, i can appreciate his ability and how he nullifies his opponents and wins easily but barely seen him in a entertaining fight

if you want to use football analogies then he's the mourinho of boxing, not always pretty to watch to pretty dam effective

Last edited by compelling and rich on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:30 pm

They should put Roger vs Roach in the undercard as chief support

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:32 pm

C and R, I think Mourinho would be a more apt comparison, Allardyce is more mid table which Mayweather definitely is not.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:35 pm

yeah suppose thats a fair one, ill change it

as mourinho is also a w&nker

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:36 pm

You know me I won't disagree with that.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:14 pm

Mayweather. Didn't like how Manny jumped around the ring when Hatton was clearly in a lot of trouble with the medics.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:53 pm

Mayweather has been bad for boxing. He's talented but dull to watch and painful in negotiation for fights. Before he signed for showtime he could hardly sell ppv or fill a town hall.

The fact he was jailed for holding his ex wife by the hair and punching her in the back of the head doesn't make him that appealing either.

I'll be cheering on Manny but it will most likely be Floyd by decision. Trying to keep out of range and using his superior reach to take points.

But I hope Manny's footwork, fast hands and high work rate get to Floyd.

But more importantly, if I'm going to stay up that late to watch a fight, I hope it's not a stinker.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 30 Apr 2015, 12:01 am

That first sentence who so factually wrong I can't believe anybody has actually said it, he did huge PPV numbers before he started boxing on Showtime.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Thu 30 Apr 2015, 12:07 am

He struggled, Until ODLH/Hatton. And it was they who brought the interest.

What did he get for Baldimor?

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 30 Apr 2015, 12:13 am

He's only been involved in six fights that did over 1mil buys but I guess they were all because of the other guy too, you don't get the size purses he did for fights with the likes of Baldomir of you're not a sell.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Thu 30 Apr 2015, 12:27 am

You all bitch and twine about boxers avoiding challenges and here's a boxer who hadn't fought a mandatory since guerrero, 4 fights ago.

He says he's about the money, holds a vote of the public (ppv, gamblers and ticket buyers) and they choose khan, so he chooses the more predictable and less popular (less lucrative) Maidana.

He postponed this fight, suspiciously, until Manny looks like he's on the slide.

The only redeeming feature is, by trying to overly stage manage his career he's engineered a no win situation. If he wins, it looks like he cherry picked the timing. If he loses its obvious he cherry picked the timing, but got it wrong.

He's very talented, that there is no undoubt but his shenanigans and ring performances are dull.

Trying to put himself in the same class as the greats in WW is a bit embarrassing. Could you see Leonard, hearns and Duran putting off their first fights for 5 yrs with such games? Leonard was famous for picking his timing but 5 yrs?

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 30 Apr 2015, 12:28 am

Mayweather is a cretin but as long as he doesnt stink the place out again I wont be overly fussed. Hopeully for the kind of money these guys are getting, they will try put on a show.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 30 Apr 2015, 12:31 am

Mentioned this earlier but Leonard did wait over five years for Hagler.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 30 Apr 2015, 12:32 am

Happytravelling wrote:You all bitch and twine about boxers avoiding challenges and here's a boxer who hadn't fought a mandatory since guerrero, 4 fights ago.

He says he's about the money, holds a vote of the public (ppv, gamblers and ticket buyers) and they choose khan, so he chooses the more predictable and less popular (less lucrative) Maidana.

He postponed this fight, suspiciously, until Manny looks like he's on the slide.

The only redeeming feature is, by trying to overly stage manage his career he's engineered a no win situation. If he wins, it looks like he cherry picked the timing. If he loses its obvious he cherry picked the timing, but got it wrong.

He's very talented, that there is no undoubt but his shenanigans and ring performances are dull.

Trying to put himself in the same class as the greats in WW is a bit embarrassing. Could you see Leonard, hearns and Duran putting off their first fights for 5 yrs with such games? Leonard was famous for picking his timing but 5 yrs?

Mayweather wont look at it as a no-win. Its all about the money. Hes getting the paid his biggest purse against an opponent who is not the fighter he was.

He defines himself on what he earns. And this is the Holy Grail.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Thu 30 Apr 2015, 12:43 am

You say he has 6 ppv fights over 1 million. What were they, ODLH and? the last 4 with showtime and Barton?

You're stretching it a bit saying Leonard waited 5 yrs for hagler. He had to step up 2 weights, in modern categories, to fight him. Hardly avoiding hagler.

As I said, if it was about the money, why did he about the paying fight fans wishes?

He's as much about protecting his record, which granted has some bearing on earnings, as he is about money.

If he was as attractive to watch as ODLH he would have earned more. If he had fought Manny sooner and had a trilogy he would have probably earned more.

You're just getting sucked into his hype. There are many ways he could have earned more, with his talent. He could have fought more often, for a start. It's just the narrative he uses to justify his tip toeing the line between not losing and earning.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Thu 30 Apr 2015, 12:44 am

Sorry, predictive text. Should say Hatton, not Barton.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 30 Apr 2015, 12:48 am

Mosley, Marquez, Ortiz and Cotto weren't on Showtime, all sold more than Hatton for the record.

Not stretching anything, Leonard waited for the opportune moment to fight Hagler just like Mayweather has, there is no real counter argument to that.

Really stretching things when we criticise him for not earning enough, he's only got $120mil coming his way this weekend, I don't think excitement is a factor when you earn that amount.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 30 Apr 2015, 8:45 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Mosley, Marquez, Ortiz and Cotto weren't on Showtime, all sold more than Hatton for the record.

Not stretching anything, Leonard waited for the opportune moment to fight Hagler just like Mayweather has, there is no real counter argument to that.

Really stretching things when we criticise him for not earning enough, he's only got $120mil coming his way this weekend, I don't think excitement is a factor when you earn that amount.

Leonard had fought Duran, Benitez, Hearns and was moving up to face a killer in Hagler , Its took 6 years for Floyd to agree to fight an ex flyweight !! Imagine asking Floyd to fight GGG at 160 lb you'd have to wait a 100 year.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 30 Apr 2015, 8:53 am

good role model though and all for the cameras apparently

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 4 Article-0-136851FC000005DC-401_634x492
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Apr 2015, 8:55 am

Yes, this was staged for a bunch of wayward teens and Floyd agreed to be part of demonstration to show youngsters just what a good but difficult job law enforcement officers do.

Kudos to the officer for not staging an escape attempt from Floyd and tasering the living sh!t out of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 30 Apr 2015, 8:57 am

So is Manny a good role model then???

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 30 Apr 2015, 8:58 am

Strange how Hearns and Duran didn't care about Hagler being a 'killer' which he certainly was not but Leonard however was too scared of losing again, that sounds really familiar.

Imagine asking a former 130lber to move up to Middleweight and comparing it to a fully fledged Welterweight moving up, there is obviously no ulterior motive there to discredit one and excuse the other.

Rodney you can make as many excuses as you want and i'm sure you must have more but the two situations are identical, after Leonard had lost to Duran he didn't fancy taking on a risky fight again. At this point Benitez and Hearns become irrelevant to the mindset that mean the fight didn't happen sooner.

Cheers, Hammer

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 30 Apr 2015, 9:25 am

The comparison is absolutely nonsense and absurd not identical at all.

A) Pacquaio has been in the the same division as Mayweather for 6/7 years now a rival.
B) Mayweather has been active in that time, Leonard fought once in 5years before Hagler beating Howard as a tune up after defending his WW crown almost 5 years beforehand.
C) Leonard was that terrified of losing again as you suggested he rematched the guy who had already defeated him and took on and undefeated knockout artist (in his division) in Hearns.

Your argument hold no weight and no comparison whatsover.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 30 Apr 2015, 9:27 am

Do you have any more excuses Rodney, you're really stacking them up now, if I did the same and excused Mayweather no doubt you'd get quite agitated at such a ridiculous claim, just like yours is now.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 30 Apr 2015, 9:30 am

Not sure how you can say that Leonard didn't fancy a risky fight after losing to Duran, Hammersmith, unless I'm misunderstanding your post. He rematched him five months after that loss and fought Hearns as the underdog ten months after that. Sorry, but if we're comparing them taking risks and showing a willingness to get the super fights on, Mayweather comes off second best to Leonard, for me.

You can draw the odd similarity between the Mayweather-Pacquiao and Leonard-Hagler situations, yes, but saying they're identical? How's that? Leonard had never fought in the same weight class as Hagler before 1987, whereas Mayweather and Pacquiao have been in the same division, side by side, for the last six years roughly. Leonard spent a couple of those five years between '82 and '87 retired on medical advice, whereas Floyd and Manny have been fighting every six months, give or take. Leonard took on Hagler as a big underdog expected to get hammered, Mayweather is taking on Pacquiao as a pretty firm favourite widely expected to win.

I accept that there's an argument to be made that Leonard took a bit of cynical and careful route with regards to Hagler, but nothing like on the scale of Mayweather and Pacquiao. The fact that Duran and Hearns had a go at Marvin doesn't really mean much if we're comparing the two scenarios side by side. I could just as easily say something like, 'Funny how Clottey and Bradley were willing to step up to fight the two-handed, fast as lightening and massively confident southpaw but Mayweather wasn't' etc.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 30 Apr 2015, 9:30 am

Haha, looks like Rodders got there first with all my points!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Apr 2015, 9:31 am

Derbymanc wrote:So is Manny a good role model then???
Lesser of two evils maybe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 30 Apr 2015, 9:37 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Do you have any more excuses Rodney, you're really stacking them up now, if I did the same and excused Mayweather no doubt you'd get quite agitated at such a ridiculous claim, just like yours is now.

Dont think his claim is so ridiculous HH....

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 30 Apr 2015, 9:40 am

No offence Chris but that's all a load of old BS if you ask me.

A combination of the Duran and Hearns fights left Leonard with a sense of vulnerability and he then proceeded to dodge a fight with Hagler that is unavoidable fact, he dodged that fight through fear of losing. The fact the fight would later be made when Leonard knew he was beatable makes that even harder to dispute, if he hadn't returned we could have taken his eye excuse more seriously but that is all it was an excuse.

I could not give a flying toss if Mayweather and Pacquiao have been in the same divison longer, it serves only as an excuse to excuse Leonard. I personally don't care much about boxers avoiding each other, it has always happened and it will always happen but I do have a problem with double standards, excusing one but not another.

The situations are identical in the fact both the most sought after fights of the time, this is where weight becomes an irrelevance and if it is we may as well dismiss Leonards win over Hagler altogether. Both are examples of the moneymake making cynical decisions to maximise their risk/reward, facing an opponent when he was seemingly at his weakest.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 30 Apr 2015, 9:42 am

spencerclarke wrote:Mayweather. Didn't like how Manny jumped around the ring when Hatton was clearly in a lot of trouble with the medics.
90% of boxers do this.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 30 Apr 2015, 9:59 am

Plaudits for the attempt of rebuttal Hammer, but you're talking out of your arse and making absolutely no sense.

Cheers , Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:01 am

Nico the gman wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Mayweather is like Cristiano Ronaldo...widely admired for his undeniable ability yet possibly one of the most disliked people in his profession
Absolutely spot on.

Rubbish.

Cristiano Ronaldo may not be everybody’s cup of tea but you cannot fault that he is a giving soul.

Real Madrid star Ronaldo is seen by many as an arrogant, self-important primadonna.

His sublime football talents are often overshadowed by his apparent yearning for individuality and the fact he spends more time preening himself in front of the mirror than working with his teammates on the training pitch.

From my point of view, that is the pre-conceived perception of Ronaldo from a lot of football fans and the general public who do not take the time to look past the model features he possesses, the occasional tantrum he throws when in the heat of battle or the ease in which he sometimes falls to the ground when under pressure from a defender.

What many do not know about the Portuguese ace is that he is a genuinely generous role model who donates money as well as endless time to a number of charities around the world.

Sure, Ronaldo may have an estimated wealth of over £120million, a plethora of sports cars and a museum named after him but his philanthropic nature is almost impossible to deny.

There have been a string of cases throughout his career where Ronaldo has given to the needy, helped the sick and kind-heartedly assisted those less fortunate in a time where footballers appear to be happy with their lot and out of touch with society.

Ronaldo raised funds for the reconstruction of Aceh, Indonesia following the 2004 earthquake and tsunami, donated the payout he received from a libel case to a charity in his home city of Madeira and has been involved in a number of other organisations on the Portuguese island and in other areas of this vast land.

Two of the most heart-warming acts performed by the FIFA Ballon d’Or winner has been to help the lives of two young boys battling life-threatening conditions.

In 2012, Ronaldo met a nine-year old Canaria native who was suffering from cancer of the spine and offered to pay for experimental drugs to aid his recovery.

The Real Madrid fan, Nuhazet Guillen, tragically lost his battle in 2013 but that does not change the fact that Ronaldo did what he could to support somebody he did not personally know previously.

Earlier in 2014, Ronaldo was contacted by the parents of a 10-month old Spanish boy named Erik Ortiz Cruz who required a brain operation in order to save his life.

Erik’s parents only asked for the former Manchester United ace to donate a football shirt and boots to a charity auction to raise funds for the surgery but he went one step further and told them he would pay for the procedure and accompanying treatment.

Ronaldo paid for the entire £50,000 operation and also copped the bill for further management of the youngster’s situation which cost £5,000 per session.

At the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, Ronaldo was seen sporting a zig-zag style haircut which also attracted negative criticism from many. Little did they know the gesture was to honour Erik who came out of his surgery with similar scars on the right side of his head.

Some may see Ronaldo’s actions as only a small tremor on his seismic financial Richter scale while others could blame him for performing PR stunts to improve his popularity but the simple thing is, the sublimely talented player does not need to offer his money or time for media attention. It is because of goodwill and a massive heart.

Ronaldo is also one of few modern day footballers who has refrained from being tattooed in the name of fashion.

The reason why: “I don’t have tattoos because I donate blood very often,” he once said, according to Diretta News.

Ronaldo gives blood twice a year and wants to avoid the cross-contamination and potential diseases that come with having your body inked. Another truly noble cause from the 29-year old winger.

The man never calls for his charity work to be in the public eye. Celebrity causes website Looktothestars.org lists Ronaldo as being involved in the following major charitable organisations:

- Aid Still Required – (‘A non-profit corporation, founded to champion forgotten issues and people left behind after natural disasters and other crises’)

- Cahonas Scotland – (‘A Male Cancer Awareness Charity in Scotland’)

- Save the Children – (‘Creating real and lasting change for children in need in the United States and around the world’)

- UNICEF – (‘To improve children’s lives, providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more.’)

- World Vision – (‘A relief and development organization dedicated to helping children and their communities worldwide reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty.’)

Not many people would know these facts nor would they be aware that Ronaldo has a long list of causes that he supports including abuse, adoption, AIDS & HIV, cancer, disaster relief, education, health, human rights, poverty, slavery & human trafficking. He doesn’t boast or ram it down the public’s throat that he is a part of these honorable foundations and causes.

In 2012, he sold the Golden Boot he won in 2011 for €1.5million to donate the funds to Palestinian school children in Gaza and is also involved in FIFA’s ’11 for Health’ which aims to raise awareness to children regarding drug addiction, HIV and obesity.

The ex-Sporting Lisbon young gun also sticks true to his word as evidenced when mentioning a group of leukemia patients during his acceptance speech for the 2013 Ballon d’Or award after promising to do so.

To top it all off, the Portugal captain donated £100,000 to the hospital in Madeira that saved his mother’s life in 2009 which led to the development of a cancer centre in the archipelago.

The CR7-detractors will forever continue to call him out for his sporadic petulance, the fact he may not be as good as Lionel Messi or his penchant to attract all the attention ahead of his teammates, but in my opinion, there is no denying the fact that Cristiano Ronaldo doubles as a world-class footballer and more importantly, a world-class human being.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:02 am

"and the fact he spends more time preening himself in front of the mirror than working with his teammates on the training pitch."

What a load of rubbish. Doesn't look like a player who doesn't work hard to me.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:05 am

Scottrf wrote:"and the fact he spends more time preening himself in front of the mirror than working with his teammates on the training pitch."

What a load of rubbish. Doesn't look like a player who doesn't work hard to me.

It does say apparent. Suppose it's highlighting some of the public views on him.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:07 am

AdamT wrote:They should put Roger vs Roach in the undercard as chief support

Good shout, as it's utter sh!tie otherwise.

Strongy would be crucifying Hearn....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:11 am

floyd looks scared. Manny is his usual self.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:31 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:A combination of the Duran and Hearns fights left Leonard with a sense of vulnerability and he then proceeded to dodge a fight with Hagler that is unavoidable fact, he dodged that fight through fear of losing.

Again, if you want to say that Leonard dodged Hagler, be my guest. I've already admitted that the charge of approaching the Hagler with cynicism and care can be levelled at Leonard. But you've said in the past that Mayweather hasn't been dodging Pacquiao, that you don't believe he's ever been wary of the threat he posed etc. Arguing that Leonard was so clearly fearful of losing but then suggesting that Mayweather wasn't / isn't makes no sense.

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I could not give a flying toss if Mayweather and Pacquiao have been in the same divison longer, it serves only as an excuse to excuse Leonard.

Not really. That line has nothing to do with excusing Leonard, it's about showing that the two cases aren't identical and that if Leonard deserves criticism over Hagler, Floyd deserves an absolute kicking over Manny. If someone said Froch was ducking Kovalev you'd be the first one pointing out that it can't be so as Froch has never gone above 168 and makes it comfortably whereas Kovalev is a career 175 pounder. Likewise, why does Mayweather (quite rightly) have less pressure placed on him by the fans and media about facing a Golovkin than he does a Pacquiao?

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The situations are identical in the fact both the most sought after fights of the time, this is where weight becomes an irrelevance and if it is we may as well dismiss Leonards win over Hagler altogether. Both are examples of the moneymake making cynical decisions to maximise their risk/reward, facing an opponent when he was seemingly at his weakest.

They're only identical if you take the rigid 'there's either blame or there's not' stance. Other posters have tried to point out how the situations differ but you just keep replying that we just want to excuse Leonard. Nobody's doing that, but we're saying that in this case he's more excusable than Mayweather. Nobody disputes that Leonard faced Hagler at a time when Leonard thought Marvin was just slipping, but who was more disadvantaged out of the pair going in to the fight? Leonard was clearly a fading force as well, possibly further removed from his prime than Marvin, and would actually have been less of an underdog had he fought Hagler five years before, oddly enough.

Mayweather on the other hand is at the opposite end of the spectrum. I know some of Floyd's bigger fans are trying to convince people that the odds would have been just as favourable to him had this fight happened five years back, but the less said about that idea the better. The risk was diminished on both sides - just more so on Mayweather's, that's what I'm getting at.

Anyway, I've given my reasons why the Hagler and Pacquiao situations aren't carbon copies of each other for Leonard and Mayweather respectively, but aside from that, as an overall career surely you'd concede that Leonard holds a clear advantage over Mayweather when it comes to fighting his greatest rivals at the best and most important times?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:46 am

Funny thing is myself and other so called fans aren't disputing Mayweather has cherry picked............What I'm disputing is that it's not a current phenomenon........

Turpin arguably Robbo's most tricky style to overcome........Had Robbo do the dirty on a third fight. To use present language he was ducked.....

Dempsey, Johnson, Fitzsimmons, Hagler, Holmes, Leonard all guilty of it....

But to listen to the posters on here who have no knowledge of history they think all the former champs fought everybody.......

One complete idiot didn't have Mayweather in his top 10 because he cherrypicked and had Jack Johnson at 7...........

No doubt If Manny wins on saturday he'll be back like a shot printing edited articles..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:48 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:One complete idiot didn't have Mayweather in his top 10 because he cherrypicked and had Jack Johnson at 7...........

Laugh bad analogy but I dont have him Top 10 for this reason aswell

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:50 am

AdamT wrote:floyd looks scared. Manny is his usual self.

Floyd just teeing up a post-boxing Hollywood acting career.

All a charade, always is with Floyd. Like his open training sessions. Only numpties buy into it.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:51 am

17 years is a long charade......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:52 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

All a charade, always is with Floyd.  Like his open training sessions. Only numpties buy into it.

Do you think it is an act, for more people to be believe he will lose and pay for the fight?

Think he genuinely is a bit nervous myself.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:57 am

AdamT wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

All a charade, always is with Floyd.  Like his open training sessions. Only numpties buy into it.

Do you think it is an act, for more people to be believe he will lose and pay for the fight?

Brace yourself Adam...............If Manny wins there is going to be an awful lot of "I told you Mayweather was a fraud"....

All his achievements will be soon forgotten............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:59 am

AdamT wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

I think it's all part of the boxing field which Floyd is a complete expert in. Never shy on confidence and totally calculating - there must be a reason he retired in 08-11 but was chasing Manny to his hotel room in 2015.

His open training sessions are a perfect example. A mate of mine posted a vid on Facebook, some complete numpty taken in by Floyd slow tippy-tapping the heavy bag compared to Manny unleashing two fists of fury - "oh look, Floyd is so slow and training so poorly but Manny looks on fire". Floyd never gives away his secrets in open training sessions, it's part of why nobody has ever worked him out (irrespective of ODLH harping on about 'gameplan' every bloody fight).

All an act.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 30 Apr 2015, 11:00 am

Unfortunately you are right. Maybe it is why Floyd is concerned and Manny is smiling.

Floyd has far more to lose.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 30 Apr 2015, 11:01 am

You mean other boxers give away their secrets in open training sessions ????

Geez...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 30 Apr 2015, 11:02 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Brace yourself Adam...............If Manny wins there is going to be an awful lot of "I told you Mayweather was a fraud"....

All his achievements will be soon forgotten............

Yawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 30 Apr 2015, 11:03 am

AdamT wrote:Unfortunately you are right. Maybe it is why Floyd is concerned and Manny is smiling.

Floyd has far more to lose.

Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next