The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ?

+30
Happytravelling
spencerclarke
compelling and rich
kingraf
Nico the gman
DuransHorse
Atila
Valero's Conscience
Strongback
Silver
horizontalhero
Dipper Brown
superflyweight
Coxy001
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Scottrf
aja424
Guest82
Hammersmith harrier
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
hampo17
RanjitPatel
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
Derbymanc
wheelchair1991
AdamT
hogey
Rodney
34 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Do you want Floyd to win on Saturday ?

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap48%Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 23 ]
Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap52%Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 25 ]

Total Votes : 48

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 2 Empty Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ?

Post by Rodney Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:30 am

First topic message reminder :

Interesting to know why if clicking yes, been watching clips of the build up and it reminded me of what an odious character he is.
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ?

Post by hogey Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:37 am

AdamT wrote:I wish they didn't bother with the random blood and urine testing. would enjoy to see Manny fight at his best.

Strangely though the only evidence for this kind of slur is the Mayweather camp, yet Floyd is alleged by respected sources to have failed at least 2 tests and you do not feel the need to have the same pop at him.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:38 am

10 scumbags vs 8 angels who help old ladies across the road..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:40 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:10 scumbags vs 8 angels who help old ladies across the road..

I decided never to try and help a lady in public again after that incident with the girls a few years back, Truss.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:44 am

Would not bother me if the whole world wants to support the wrong un, i still want to see the crass bully given a taste of his own medicine. If it was your daughter he had slapped around would you still support him in whatever he did and would the fact he was good at it effect your attitude to him.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:48 am

I specified quite clearly that a) id rather pay to see my countrymen fight and b) that I specifically wouldn't be paying to watch the fight. Now that doesn't equate to not watching the fight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:50 am

I also wouldn't support Pacquiao if he had cheated on my daughter Hogey.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:50 am

hogey wrote:

Would not bother me if the whole world wants to support the wrong un, i still want to see the crass bully given a taste of his own medicine. If it was your daughter he had slapped around would you still support him in whatever he did and would the fact he was good at it effect your attitude to him.

Only got Sons..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:54 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Both have equally large fanbases.  A draw is to be expected, unless the neutrals swing it.

If it is anyway close I agree. If not a draw, at leats majority/split decison, to ensure a rematch.

Hopefully both fighters go for it and try to take the other guy out.

I meant in this poll......

Oh right. Naw I expect Manny has more fans

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:07 am

I honestly reckon this poll would be a lopsided Manny win If anyone apart from Toppy, Roddy and Haz had wriitten the thread......

They are all so transparent..........and Haz and Roddy should know better..

Manny loses he'll be another stiff like the the zombified number 1 154 pounder was....a while back..

Six current at the time ...Top 10 p4pers on his record and he's never fought anybody !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:08 am

hogey wrote:
AdamT wrote:I wish they didn't bother with the random blood and urine testing. would enjoy to see Manny fight at his best.

Strangely though the only evidence for this kind of slur is the Mayweather camp, yet Floyd is alleged by respected sources to have failed at least 2 tests and you do not feel the need to have the same pop at him.  

Just curious as to why Mannys performances have dropped. Maybe it's just age!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:09 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I honestly reckon this poll would be a lopsided Manny win If anyone apart from Toppy, Roddy and Haz had wriitten the thread......

They are all so transparent..........and Haz and Roddy should know better..

Manny loses he'll be another stiff  like the the zombified number 1 154 pounder was....a while back..

Six current at the time ...Top 10 p4pers on his record and he's never fought anybody !!

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

The fact you can use the word 'transparent' in that diatribe is as hilarious as it is hypocritical!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:12 am

Moving on...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:12 am

Is it respected sources Hogey, I found one person stating it, another copying it and then saying that there was no basis and it was just a rumour.

Think boxing is a weird sport as there are that many herberts knocking about that (as someone else mentioned) if you only followed the lily whites then you might as well not watch that.

That said Floyd as a man is despicable, as a boxer, yeah he's something to behold. Manny's a bit better, but still cheated on his missus. Like Toppy there's just something about him I don't like (Oh and he gave that cheating git Margarito (spelling) a pay day.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:14 am

Fancy Manny giving a cheating git a payday..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:14 am

Derbymanc wrote:Is it respected sources Hogey
I'd say Thomas Hauser is a fairly respected source, yes.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:14 am

I'm not accusing Manny directly, just find it odd how he smashed Cotto and Margarito. Plus these guys couldn't dent him. He hasn't shown that power since

Last edited by AdamT on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:14 am

Think I voted wrong in the poll. I would prefer Manny to win to try and knock some humility into Floyd.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:16 am

AdamT wrote:I'm not accusing Manny directly, just find it odd how he smashed Cotto and Margarito. Plus these guys couldn't denr him. He hasn't shown that power since
For all that PED superhero power he was connecting with record numbers of power shots and not putting them down, or knocking them out.

Whereas at the lower rates, he was consistently winning fights by stoppage.

Last edited by Scottrf on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:17 am

AdamT wrote:I'm not accusing Manny directly, just find it odd how he smashed Cotto and Margarito. Plus these guys couldn't dent him. He hasn't shown that power since

Being fair Alegeri apart, the rest of them are known to have good chins/powers of recovery.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:18 am

Scottrf wrote:
AdamT wrote:I'm not accusing Manny directly, just find it odd how he smashed Cotto and Margarito. Plus these guys couldn't denr him. He hasn't shown that power since
For all that PED superhero power he was connecting with record numbers of power shots and not putting them down, or knocking them out.

He has superhuman stamina. Did you see Cotto's face? Did you see Margaritos? Did you see the amount of muscle he held then compared to now?

He smashes big Cotto, but couldn't finish off Bradley, Rios or Algeri. Blown up light weights/light welters.

Floyds power has stayed the same, wasn't that much to begin with.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:19 am

Scottrf wrote:

Whereas at the lower rates, he was consistently winning fights by stoppage.

Watch the Hatton fight...............22 yr old flyweight was a freak in that one..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:22 am

A face being marked up doesn't take amazing power. Just look at how many shots he landed. Yes his stamina is great but that's a separate point. Plenty of boxers have great stamina.

As for the muscle, 'boxer increasing in weight puts on muscle' isn't a story.

He didn't knock Cotto out. Cotto quit from sustained punishment.

The fights you've chosen just don't show the massive increase in power you claim. They show guys he caught with power shots repeatedly and stayed standing.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:23 am

So we saying Manny is a PED cheat now??

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:27 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:So we saying Manny is a PED cheat now??

Not on here we're not!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:27 am

Nope.............

I'm applauding a fully grown Flyweight banging out 140 pounders..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:29 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Nope.............

Mayweather and Pacquiao have had a very similar increase in weight during their careers. Just Manny turned pro earlier.

Hatton walked onto a big shot he didn't see coming. Mayweather also knocked out Ortiz.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:29 am

22 years old at Flyweight...

22 years old at super feather.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:30 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Nope.............

Yes because once you hit 16 you stop growing thumbsup

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:31 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Nope.............

Go away..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:32 am

People's bodies develop differently and Pacquiao was known to be killing himself at those weights.

He was never a 22 year old Flyweight either. He was a Super Bantam.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:32 am

Scottrf wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Is it respected sources Hogey
I'd say Thomas Hauser is a fairly respected source, yes.

Yeah except that's who i was talking about, he never states that was what happened and that it was a rumour, at some point stating that he was reporting on a rumour. It is a fascinating read though and would suggest everyone has a read of Hausers the PED mess pt 1 and pt 2.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:33 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Nope.............

Go away..

Thanks for the post indicating you have just been had off...

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:38 am

Rodney wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:1. Because I was brought up viewing the various Marcos, Aquino regimes and know what a morally bankrupt Country the Phillipines is...

2. I'll change my mind when I wake up one morning and picture Sot Chitalada rocking Aaron Pryor with every punch he throws..

3. Love watching a master in action.....

4. What you see is what you get.........Like it or not.  

5. Can't stand Freddie Roach...

6. It's great having the best fighter in the sport..

7. I know how much  rose tinters like the OP hate him .....Although in fairness to Roddy he doesn't edit newspaper articles and post them....

Lucky seven.........

4. You like someone beating women up and throwing money in a pool when many millions are living on the bread line. Fair do's

Cheers, Rodders

4. Manny is no saint either, womaniser who lives in a guarded gated complex whilst those around him live in total poverty.

I'm rooting for Floyd. Best fighter of our generation and enjoy watching someone as good as he is fight. Oh and Manny would probably then retire and his army of nuthuggers will cry themselves to sleep for weeks and never comment on boxing again.. i.e. D4. Good riddance.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:45 am

Derbymanc wrote:Like Toppy there's just something about him I don't like (Oh and he gave that cheating git Margarito (spelling) a pay day.

Awwwwww....... kiss

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:47 am

AdamT wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

He has superhuman stamina. Did you see Cotto's face? Did you see Margaritos? Did you see the amount of muscle he held then compared to now?

He smashes big Cotto, but couldn't finish off Bradley, Rios or Algeri. Blown up light weights/light welters.

Floyds power has stayed the same, wasn't that much to begin with.

How many people have stopped Bradley & Rios??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:49 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Nope.............

Go away..

READ: Stop exposing my hopelessly transparent and fundamentally flawed pre-school level reasoning....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:50 am

not saying he is on peds. Roach was the one stating Ariza was giving him dodgy shakes, when training him.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:53 am

Are the 'Pactards' any worse than the 'Flomos', Coxy?

To be honest Mayweather's acolytes have tended to do my head in more over the past couple of years with their outrage at Maidana having the sheer temerity to push him back and rough him up, automatically saying that anyone who doesn't think he's an all-time top ten fighter is just a 'hater' (God I hate that frigging term), talking about how good and justified it is that Mayweather came up with so many lame excuses for delaying the Pacquiao fight because Manny must be a cheat as there's simply no other explanation for anyone even challenging for Floyd's pound for pound crown etc.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:58 am

AdamT wrote:not saying he is on peds. Roach was the one stating Ariza was giving him dodgy shakes, when training him.

HP?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:59 am

AdamT wrote:not saying he is on peds. Roach was the one stating Ariza was giving him dodgy shakes, when training him.

HP?

Perhaps, just think Pacquiao has lost something

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:04 pm

AdamT wrote:Perhaps, just think Pacquiao has lost something
He's a 36 year old with a lot of tough fights under his belt. Understandable.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:10 pm

ok guess he is clean then

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:11 pm

Not saying that, but your evidence doesn't really hold up to much scrutiny.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:11 pm

AdamT wrote:

HP?

Perhaps, just think Pacquiao has lost something

Or perhaps how about finding a credible source for your Roach quotation?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:12 pm

I am not giving evidence mate. Just opinion.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:12 pm

Can't we just acknowledge there have been doubts about both (and a lot more) and move on, until decent testing comes in we're never gonna know anyway.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:13 pm

"I know he has a new strength coach and I don't get along with the guy, and one of the reasons why he doesn't work for me anymore is because I think he's a little shady, you know. He used to give Manny a drink every day before we worked out and I asked him, 'What's in that drink,' and he would never tell me. And I said, 'I need to know what's in that drink because, you know, you're giving it to my fighter and if something goes wrong, I'm gonna get the blame.' In my opinion, he's a little shady, so he's with that camp now and it doesn't surprise me that happened," stated world-class trainer Freddie Roach, who made explosive accussations about world-class Strength & Conditioning Coach Alex Ariza when recently asked about his opinion regarding the failed drug test of Brandon Rios following his unanimous decision loss to Manny Pacquiao. According to Roach, he wasn't surprised when he heard the news because, evidently, he also questioned some of the things Ariza did with his star pupil, 8-division world champion Manny Pacquiao, over the course of the 4-plus years they worked together.

"Everyone has their suspicions there because it's very unusual for the strength coach to be that close to the fighter. I mean, usually a cutman will work on a cut; that's a possibility. But he's very forceful. I was surprised Robert Garcia let him in the corner actually, because in Macau, he didn't even let him work the corner," Roach continued, sharing his opinion on the latest controversy involving Alex Ariza, where he was allegedly accused of slipping something to Marcos Maidana between rounds during his title-winning victory over Adrien Broner (it should be noted that Roach never had any problems with Ariza being in the corner during several of Manny Pacquiao's fights when they were still working together). "They say there's an investigation going on and so forth. He has Dr. Recta (sp), who gives him prescriptions all the time. They're looking up the wrong tree if they're looking at Alex Ariza. They need to find out where that came from because I believe, in my opinion, it was something illegal because smelling salts are illegal in boxing. Was it maybe that or something stronger?"

CHECK OUT WHAT ELSE FREDDIE ROACH HAD TO SAY IN THIS REVEALING VIDEO FROM SECONDSOUT.COM

[ Follow Ben Thompson on Twitter @fighthype ]
RETURN TO HOME PAGE
Tweet

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:14 pm

AdamT wrote:I am not giving evidence mate. Just opinion.

When opinion is something from your point of view. But you have quoted somethin Roach was of have meant to said Is this your opinion that Roach said that then or fact?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:16 pm

When opinion is something from your point of view. But you have something Roach was a meant to say. Is this your opinion that Roach said that then or fact?

My opinion is if somebody is clean or not. I think what Roach has said is fact if you check my obove post.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:20 pm

AdamT wrote:

When opinion is something from your point of view. But you have something Roach was a meant to say. Is this your opinion that Roach said that then or fact?

My opinion is if somebody is clean or not. I think what Roach has said is fact if you check my obove post.

Well he didnt confirm or deny really did he.....

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next