The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homepage - Page 2

+9
Steven_Sharks
dammit_chris
'Arry
LukeLovesLuka
Sgt_Pooly
stnick88
Ozzy3213
prop_lyd
Driver
13 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Homepage - Page 2 - Page 8 Empty Homepage - Page 2

Post by Driver Wed 08 Jun 2011, 3:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the 4th season of the fantasy aviva premiership game

Opening Weekend fixtures; Leicester Tigers vs Exeter Chiefs ; London Irish vs Harlequins ; Newcastle Falcons vs Bath ; Northampton vs Gloucester ; Saracens vs London Wasps ; Worcester Warriors vs Sale Sharks

This Weeks match thread(s) :- https://www.606v2.com/t8662-fixtures-3#245781

Season One Homepage (Archived)

Season Two Homepage Part One(Archived)

Season Two Homepage Part Two(Archived)

Rules

Fixture/Results list

League Table

Top Points Scorers

Top Try Scorers

European Homepage

LV Anglo Welsh Cup Homepage

Transfer Homepage

Press Releases

Unavailable Players

Waiting list for a team

1. Sam
2. pullthestrings
3. Bathite

Teams
Bath RFC
Manager:- 207bars

Exeter Chiefs
Manager:- RugbyDriver

Gloucester
Manager:- Anonmattyt

Harlequins
Manager:- Steve_sharks

Leicester Tigers
Manager:- LukeLovesLuka

London Irish
Manager:- stnick88

London Wasps
Manager:- Arry

Newcastle Falcons
Manager:- PoolyPunk

Northampton Saints
Manager:- Dammit_Chris

Sale Sharks
Manager:- SirJohnnyEnglish

Saracens
Manager:- LDCPete]

Worcester Warriors
Manager - Prop_Lyd

Last edited by Driver - RIP 606 on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 11:46 am; edited 3 times in total
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Homepage - Page 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Homepage - Page 2

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 25 Jun 2011, 1:45 pm

He's one of these players who raises his game for the opposition, sign of class. Bit like Palmer for you, had a fairly average season for Stade but was outstanding for England.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2011, 2:02 pm

There are players who can do that. I hope he moves back to ulster or another Irish province. Too good to throw his talent away. The ospreys seems to ruin players. Hook is well shot of them

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 25 Jun 2011, 2:06 pm

Totally agree with that, they never seem to have a game plan or any kind of backs moves planned. Just rely on individuals to create a bit of magic.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 25 Jun 2011, 3:45 pm

Ireland's front 5 isn't good enough. I don't think even at there very best they could dominate NZ or saffers so much that they would beat them in the southern hemisphere.

I watched Tom Mercey, a prop with potential but nothing more destroy Cian Healy in the HC final first half whilst his side was a man down whilst Mujati (who also smashed him) was in the bin. That will stick with me for a very long time. Soane and Hartley also battered Ross and Strauss. I don't see how Ireland will cope.

Ireland's back row is very competitive and there backline is on its day probably the best in the NH but depth is a big issue.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 25 Jun 2011, 4:00 pm

2nd half was a complete different story in that final though Steve and Leinster dominated the scrum and match. Healy isn't the best scrummager but he's very strong and tends to find parity rather than dominating his opposition.

Leinster or Ireland haven't had any real issues in the set piece this year, Ireland contained France and they're the best about really.

These are the kind of comments that were getting bounded about before the England games and we got completley battered upfront. Ireland are never going to scrum a team to death but will be def hold their own.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 25 Jun 2011, 4:50 pm

Ireland's front 5 is more then capable of holding its own. England were expecting to demolish them but got taken to the cleaners in the 6 nations. POC is a big lift for the Irish lads

Using the Heino first half as an example wont hold up to much for me since Leinster demolished Saints at the scrum in the 2nd half and played them of the park.

If Ferris comes back and his knee holds up Ireland may well have the best backrow in the world. With Sexton at 10 pulling the strings they can beat anyone on there day.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 25 Jun 2011, 5:22 pm

SJE in that second half anyone would have smashed the Saints front five, they were out on their feet after Mallinder made the mistake of not choosing to concentrate on the Heineken Cup final and putting out a top team against Tigers when Saints squad were too small to cope with the demands of what was the most physical games going - they were never going to beat Tigers at Welford Road.

After the first 40 Saints were gone, Hartley had a smashed up face, Mujati and Tiny had played far too much rugby - if you watch it again you'll see that the Saints pack got the upper hand again when they used their front row subs, although they then got mullered in the loose.

Think England's front five is better, and will develop into a far more formidable unit than the Irish one - personally I dont think POC is the player he was 2 years ago, still a very good player and Irish need him for his leadership qualities but his performances arent as good.

Think Bowe has had a really poor season by his standards, normally a top player but something hasnt quite clicked.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 25 Jun 2011, 5:28 pm

Saints were suffering hugely from exhaustion. Cian Healy and Ross are average scrumagers there's no doubt about that in my mind. Corbs is still raw at scrum time and Cole is worryingly off form.

Ireland could have the best back row in the world soon but aren't there yet.

I can't make my mind up about Sexton. He has been very impressive but there's something about him I don't like. Similar to how I view McCaw and how I used to view Cooper. Just act like nobs

Last edited by Steven_Sharks on Sat 25 Jun 2011, 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 25 Jun 2011, 5:29 pm

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.164887306910188.44801.143146185750967

btw this is a few shots of the new rugby game on facebook

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 25 Jun 2011, 5:51 pm

You think McCaw and Sexton act like knobs? lol...really don't see that myself. McCaw never gets involved in mocking or roughing up. Didn't even react when Cooper pushed him in the head after Aus beat NZ.

I had the same thought about POC Chris but the run to the magners he was fantastic, the lay off has done him wonders and he'll be firing at the top of his game come WC time, could be a similar thing with ferris if his knee holds up, sometimes a break does you good.

Bowe has played in a poor O's side, hard for a winger to shine in that team. When he's turned out for Ireland he's been quality.

Sexton is a class act and he'll just get better , I'm a big fan. Always steps up for the big games.

I think that first half it was Leinster just coming to terms with the Saints scrum and in the second they'd figured them out a little. Saints have a great scrum and have dismantled many teams inc walking USAP back 20m (Guirado, Mas, Freshwater, Schuster) and they're one of the best in the NH as a unit.

Leinster have more than coped with some of the best in Europe, their run to the final was a fair bit harder than Saints as was their group. They got parity against a Leicester scrum and Clermont.

To have a bad half against the best scrum in the NH does not make them a poor scrummging unit.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 25 Jun 2011, 7:57 pm

You seen SA are trying to get Mujati in WC squad Steve?

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/saints/northampton_saints_passport_wrangle_may_wreck_mujati_s_world_cup_dream_1_2806543

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 25 Jun 2011, 8:53 pm

I'm not surprised Pooly, In my book he is at the very top of the second tier of tightheads. He would solve a problem for them without doubt. Great signing by Mallinder.

With regards to McCaw and Sexton I just see little things in there game. which annoy me in how they play. Cooper was the same but he has completely won me over with his attacking play.

Crusaders were impressive this morning. Sharks were in real bother mind just didn't get going. reckon the final will be Reds v Stormers in Brisbane. Home advantage will be too important in the end.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 25 Jun 2011, 9:15 pm

Crusaders have a fair bit of traveling this year although I still think they're the best team. Mujati is a good player, should start about JdP if he gets in the squad.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2011, 9:40 pm

Reds vs stormers for me.
I am a stormers fan and have little time for the reds. Think travelling will
Account for crusaders who are the best team overall.

Reds have injuries also

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 25 Jun 2011, 10:04 pm

Reds are the best team to watch without doubt. They have looked nothing like invincible though.

Stormers have been very very error prone though. Bulls v Stormers last week was intense but the skills were really average. So many loose passes and knock on's

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 25 Jun 2011, 11:21 pm

I prefer to watch the Crusaders, especially with the way they've been playing this year. The way they dismantled the Sharks at Twickernam was amazing. Pack dominance and Guildford, Maitland, SBW and Fruen running off a sublime Carter is something special.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:41 pm

I sometimes find watching the Crusaders a little boring but thats sometimes due to the poor opposition.

Reds have been exceptional in the loose. Crusaders ruined the usually superb Reds lineout and the scrum went the way of the Crusaders and it was raining. 3 factors in the favour of the Crusaders and the Reds still won there meeting this season. It would be a very interesting final as it would be played in Brisbane if the Reds played Crusaders.

What are you making of McCaw's injuries this season Pooly?? Seems to have missed more than he's played. I know he usually misses a few Crusaders games but is rarely missing for the AB's. Wonder if his injury could be recurring and a worry during the World cup

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:04 pm

Who knows mate, I'm guessing he'll magically appear for the TN. Be quite happy if he's injured though!

Did you see Woodcock looks likely to miss WC?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:17 pm

That's a problem for NZ. Him and Franks would have been very impressive although they do have decent replacements.

Not so much of a problem for me though

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:49 pm

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=10734529

bit of a p iss take!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 26 Jun 2011, 2:42 pm

Nick, although its a bit of a p iss take, completely agree with the sentiment of the article - said it last week but I cant stand this route England are taking. How can someone who wanted to play for NZ just a year ago then think he can play for England.

Even if Waldrom is better than say Narroway, I'm pretty certain that an actual English player would give that little bit extra to play for his country than someone who only wants to play for England so he can play at a higher level.

Good to see that other countries see this approach as the embarrassment that it is!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:06 pm

i mean its a p iss take that he has already approached bowden even though he has only been in the country for 8 or 9 months!!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:07 pm

Where did you hear that Nick?

England chances?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:11 pm

nzherald or something, link on the irish fan page

interview with bowden himself

perhaps a solution at 12 for england, but i cant see him wanting to do it.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:34 pm

decent start from the under 20's.

Wonderful finishing from Wade and immense cover tackle from Henry Thomas.

Glad this team is proving me wrong. Thought they'd get battered by both NZ and Saffers

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:40 pm

yeh looking good.
suprised JJ not involved, not even on bench, he's better than yarde.

worst haka ever by nz, england players laughing, stupid tongue waving look like right tools

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:37 pm

Ford having a mare with the boot here, could be the difference

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:42 pm

yeh ur right pooly.

poor tackle attempt from ransom, almost just let him go past him.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:46 pm

Should have won this, totally outclassed them second half.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:54 pm

Couple of very poor subsitutions. Farrell, Thomas and Haywood shouldn't have been taken off. There replacements were't as gooder players.

NZ seem average compared to there usual conveyor belt. 4 and 10 looked very good along with 15 though

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:55 pm

farrell and thomas were 2 of our best players.
armitage or jj should have been playing over yarde who isnt great imo.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:57 pm

Thought most were quality to be honest, Kvasic was our motm I think

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:59 pm

Few future internationals I think.

Thomas, Launchbury, Kvesic, Ford, Joseph and Farrell I expect to be capped in the future. Ransom, Daly, Vunipola, Short and Gray have a decent chance as well.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun 26 Jun 2011, 8:04 pm

anyone know why joseph wasnt involved?

thought his experience and pace would of been valuable.

thomas, launchbury and kvesic were excellent.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 26 Jun 2011, 8:56 pm

That was such a good performance by the England lads, thought they played their hearts out and didnt deserve to lose at all - outplayed NZ. Thing that surprises me is that the NZ'ers always seem to be that bit more physical in their build and more natural power than the southern hemisphere - our skill set was better but they found it easier to get over the gainline. That last try should never have been given - they missed the knockon and when Kvesic went over should have had a penalty try for the early tackle. Not bad to outplay NZ though.

Launchbury was our player of the tournament, excellent in every game - can see him getting a lot of gametime for Wasps next season - had the last 8 games or so and was fantastic in each game. Think he could be a star. Thought Ford had a great tournament, noticed he does have moments when he loses concentration though - odd as makes all the hard stuff look easy and then knocks on when under no pressure.

Liked the look of Cook from Bath, very classy no9 there, better than the Gloucester player. I think that 80% of those players will be in match day squads next year - Vunopola, Thomas, Haywood (think that's the hooker), Launchbury, Kvesvic, Cook, Ford, Farrell, Daly will all make it and I think I'd now add Matthews and Wade to that list too - Wade is an out and out finisher, actually reminding me of Shane WIlliams now.

I dont think Ransom will make it for a few years as in each game he's been very weak in front on tackles, amazing footwork and running lines - could make a good wing, Halfpenny mould. Also think Yardy will struggle as he just doesnt back himself and his game is all about power and when he steps up to full mans game he'll be found wanting.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:25 pm

Wade looks a real finisher but lacks basic skills, similar with Sharples at that age grade. Took Sharples a few years to find his feet, Wade could go either way for me.

That Ransom is an odd player, looks great ball in hand but all over everywhere else.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:29 pm

Wade got 7 tries in that tournament, which I'm sure made him the leading try scorer - every England game was a tough one, so he did amazingly well. I always thought he would be too small to make it, but seeing him more has changed my mind. He's got that hunger in him, goes looking for the ball and has that knack of being in the right place at the right time. You can't teach that, just a very clever reading of the game. Wasps are the right club for him to become a success.

Ransom is an odd one, agree with what you say - its the one on ones that are my main concern, makes Cipriani look like Burger!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:32 pm

player of the tournament for me was Henry Thomas. He had a stunning tournament at tighthead. Dominating scrums and very evident in the loose.

Cook for me has a good pass but I reckon Simon Shaw would be more dangerous around the rucks in terms of threatening opposition defences

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:35 pm

I reckon a NZ may have had mroe than 7. Although take nothing away from Wade that was the best I've seen him play. Wouldn't play him in the rain though. Like a Varndell or a post 2003 Balshaw

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:37 pm

Lol not sure about that but he's certainly weak in the tackle, perhaps is a back/scrumcap thing.

Echoed my thoughts on Wade, he finished really well but don't think his basics are ready for the AP yet (sure they'll develop though, just needs easing in)

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:43 pm

Steven Wade was joint leading scorer on 5 before the final with a NZ'er and I dont think any of theirs got two tries today. Considering he didnt start two of the games was really good. I dont think he'd be troubled in the rain, saw him play a very good game for Wasps when he scored a try from 70 metres in the rain - he plays with a lot of heart and backs himself, anyone see his run against the Irish took it round 9 players with a run from the England 5m line.

You make a good point about Cook, he didnt threaten the opposition at all and allowed the defence to just run onto Ford - I didnt realise Ford had such a nice running game, made so many breaks over the tournament.

Was really impressed with Thomas, Vunipola (even Mat must be impressed with his last 3 games!), Launchbury and Kvesvic.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:48 pm

Massive jump from U20 to AP though Chris, only players to me that look like there could step up now are Launchbury and Kvasic. Others might be ready but might need easing in more Gray, Thomas etc.

Don't think any of those backs are ready to play AP yet.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:55 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:

Don't think any of those backs are ready to play AP yet.

Think Owen Farrell might have case lol
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:59 pm

Lol...Farrell aside.

What's going on Stade?!?!

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_7006198,00.html

They've now released Badteraud, Kelleher and other new signings.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:13 pm

Pooly

Thomas has been Sale's first choice TH since Xmas and he gave Corbs a torrid time at the Reebok. He is ready to play there in Sale's new and improved forward pack.

Stade are in bother. They needed to win the Challenge cup to get HC rugby to keep them a float. Toulon and Bath might well profit from these players being lossed by Stade.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:26 pm

Wade starts for Wasps, Launchbury starts for Wasps, Farrell starts for Sarries, Thomas starts for Sale, Daly plays wing or f/b for Wasps, Short starts for Worcestor, Kvesvic starts for Worcestor - think that's eight match squad players for next season already. Havent seen that with the u20s before! Vunipola started for Bristol all of last season too...

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:36 pm

Never seen Wade start in AP...Short and Kvasic haven't played AP yet I don't think.

I mean good enough to become regulars, only Farrell is there atm. Couple of other might come through soon.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:44 pm

And Thomas...he been doing well Steve?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:54 pm

You've got to watch more AP then Pooly Wink

Wade's started a fair few AP games, scored some crackers too!

Kvesvic played a few games when Worcestor went down, think the last 2-3. L

Best England u20 team I have ever seen, deserved to win it - they made a very good NZ team look beatable - bear in mind that NZ thrashed a very good Aussie team 37-6 in the semi, put 92 points on Wales are were generally awesome in every other game!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 26 Jun 2011, 11:04 pm

Seen Wade in LV and he got tortured, had a bit a mare. He looks like he's progressed a bit.

A watch a fair bit AP but not every game, try to fit an AP and T14 in every weekend and get up to Falcons now and again. Hard to watch everything and highlights are misleading.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next