The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland 2022 summer tour

+41
EWT Spoons
R!skysports
sensisball
Heuer27
king_carlos
GLove39
No9
Heaf
Sgt_Pooly
Mad for Chelsea
RiscaGame
cakeordeath
Dirtydave
takethelongroad
NeilyBroon
doctor_grey
No 7&1/2
majesticimperialman
funnyExiledScot
lostinwales
Mcsweens
EST
George Carlin
Margin_Walker
mikey_dragon
Tattie Scones RRN
Irish Londoner
Tramptastic
TheMildlyFranticLlama
TJ
dummy_half
demosthenes
bsando
Old Man
Highland Shaun
BigGee
RDW
tigertattie
Anglobraveheart
jimbopip
Hazel Sapling
45 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Scotland 2022 summer tour  - Page 16 Empty Scotland 2022 summer tour

Post by Hazel Sapling Sun 21 Nov 2021, 11:41 am

First topic message reminder :

Scotland 2022 Six Nations Lookahead

A place to discuss the rollercoaster of dark horse conversation and sheer despair. Somewhere in-between, someone will go off on a mild tangent.

Schedule
5th Feb - England (H)
12th Feb - Wales (A)
26th Feb - France (H)
12th March - Italy (A)
19th March - Ireland (A)

Scotland's recent performances
2021: 4th (3 wins, same as 2nd)
2020: 4th (3 wins, same points as 3rd)
2019: 5th (1 win, 1 draw)
2018: 3rd (3 wins, same as 2nd)
2017: 4th (3 wins, same points as 2nd)

Last edited by Hazel Sapling on Sun 21 Nov 2021, 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Scotland 2022 summer tour  - Page 16 Empty Re: Scotland 2022 summer tour

Post by BigGee Wed 08 Jun 2022, 11:37 am

Am a little bit underwhelmed by that squad, probably because we always expect a Toonie rabbit from the hat, which does not seem to have materialised this time.

All in all, it is a pretty good squad though, if still a little bit light at SH. He really needs to get some game time into the other two and not flog Price to death this time. I would likely have taken Chapman or Dobie (who is suffering from not getting enough game time with Glagow this season) over Horne. It looks better with the injured players like Cummings, Darge and Fagerson in it. Sykes a bit unlucky as well I feel.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Wed 08 Jun 2022, 11:47 am

I really hope that toonie rolls the dice at some point and starts hutchinson with jones. If he plays Johnson with Tuipulotu for more than one of these games i'd be really disappointed.

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 08 Jun 2022, 11:57 am

Tramptastic wrote:I really hope that toonie rolls the dice at some point and starts hutchinson with jones. If he plays Johnson with Tuipulotu for more than one of these games i'd be really disappointed.

I have a feeling Jones will start at FB in these tests. Expect to see Bennett at OC.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 08 Jun 2022, 12:27 pm

Oakdene wrote:Glad Javan has got back into the fold, he has become our number 1 tighthead this season moving ahead of WillGriff John & Samson Lee. Scrummaged really well in the final game of the season against the Stormers.

Good to hear! Will only help him out further at Scarlets if he’s starting for Scotland in one of these tests.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 08 Jun 2022, 12:34 pm

Hadn't realised Sebastian had actually become a starting tighthead - that's a pleasant surprise as I thought he was getting close to the scrapheap.

Bit surprised to see Watson and Price in there but Townsend obviously didn't want to go too inexperienced. I can't imagine Watson will play more than 2 games.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Wed 08 Jun 2022, 12:38 pm

BigGee wrote:
Tramptastic wrote:I really hope that toonie rolls the dice at some point and starts hutchinson with jones. If he plays Johnson with Tuipulotu for more than one of these games i'd be really disappointed.

I have a feeling Jones will start at FB in these tests. Expect to see Bennett at OC.

Please please please make it so! Bennett and Hutch are the form SQ centres right now (Harris is too to be fair to him). I can't for the life of me see why Harris is rested but Watson and Price aren't though, seems a risky call to me.

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 08 Jun 2022, 12:53 pm

Townsend confirming that he'll trim the squad down after the A game then again in the final week before the 3rd test. I wonder if the Lions will be sent home after the 2nd test with him mixing it up for the 3rd.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 08 Jun 2022, 12:56 pm

Weird. Expecting a Finn Smith or an Ihaia West and then when Toonie doesn't produce it, it's more anticlimactic than Jim correctly using the quotes function.

The uncapped lads - Ben Muncaster, Murphy Walker, Glen Young, Matt Currie, Kyle Rowe and Ollie Smith - all show a lot of promise and the challenge for Townsend is blending them with the old farts just to make sure that we don't get rolled because everyone loses their heads.

I really enjoy these internationals because nobody expects anything and I can just enjoy the rugby without that squeaky clown hammer of Likely Disappointment hanging over me.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Wed 08 Jun 2022, 1:01 pm

RDW wrote:Hadn't realised Sebastian had actually become a starting tighthead - that's a pleasant surprise as I thought he was getting close to the scrapheap.

Bit surprised to see Watson and Price in there but Townsend obviously didn't want to go too inexperienced. I can't imagine Watson will play more than 2 games.

He's been a revelation this season & is very solid in the scrum & has been making good yards in contact & showing more of a hunger for getting the ball in hand. I am not sure if he will be kept on for the Argentinian games, but glad he is there nonetheless.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 08 Jun 2022, 1:38 pm

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:
BigGee wrote:

Please please please make it so! Bennett and Hutch are the form SQ centres right now (Harris is too to be fair to him). I can't for the life of me see why Harris is rested but Watson and Price aren't though, seems a risky call to me.

Harris is the oldest of the 3 who have been rested to be fair and probably gets bashed about the most as well. Watson to me is the surprising one to be going as he has looked a bit puffed out at times this season as well, but as others have said, maybe the ones travelling will be used a bit sparingly.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 08 Jun 2022, 1:41 pm

Oakdene wrote:
RDW wrote:Hadn't realised Sebastian had actually become a starting tighthead - that's a pleasant surprise as I thought he was getting close to the scrapheap.

He's been a revelation this season & is very solid in the scrum & has been making good yards in contact & showing more of a hunger for getting the ball in hand. I am not sure if he will be kept on for the Argentinian games, but glad he is there nonetheless.  

With only 3 THs in the squad, one of whom has hardly played any pro rugby, you can be sure he will be kept on!

JS has looked a half decent player whenever I have seen him play, so glad he is getting another crack, we definitely need to broaden our base at TH.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Wed 08 Jun 2022, 1:43 pm

BigGee wrote:
Oakdene wrote:

With only 3 THs in the squad, one of whom has hardly played any pro rugby, you can be sure he will be kept on!

JS has looked a half decent player whenever I have seen him play, so glad he is getting another crack, we definitely need to broaden our base at TH.

Ah good stuff, I'll be honest I only cast my eye over the squad quickly & didn't appreciate there were only 3 TH's.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Wed 08 Jun 2022, 2:53 pm

Maybe the reason that Watson is going instead of being rested is he's clearly a standard setter. Like, from what i've heard he's 100% all the time at training and thats clearly evident whenever he plays he's giving it his all.

So maybe a rest for the "characters" in the squad and some time for the scotland newbies to see whats expected of them at training and playing

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Mcsweens likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 08 Jun 2022, 4:21 pm

Interesting that Toonie has said the whole squad will be together in the first week.

Maybe they will all fly out together but I am still pretty sure that the English based players won't be able to play in the game against Chile.

Some of them may still be involved in the English playoffs up till the week before in any case. Huw Jones, Hutch and Andy Christie could easily go all the way to the final with Sarries, Saints and Quins.

Still they might benefit from a whole weeks training and prep together even if they can play.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 08 Jun 2022, 7:22 pm

I'm sure Toonie is hoping he can unearth some gold from this squad. Now that we know what a few of the newer 6N caps can do hopefully come the Autumn we'll know a little bit more about some of these other uncapped players.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 08 Jun 2022, 10:55 pm

https://www.theoffsideline.com/10-takeaways-from-scotlands-summer-tour-squad-announcement/

A bit more meat on the thought process of some of the squad decisions, particularly about who was left behind and why.

It actually makes a lot of sense when it is well explained like this.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 08 Jun 2022, 11:42 pm

Yes good to hear more detail. It makes complete sense to test those 3 Lions, it's just a shame that there's been so much off-field distraction that clouds these types of decisions.

The group is going to have a very different feel in terms of leadership with no Hogg and Russell. Price is without his 2 main amigos. If the group bonds well, has a positive environment and no off field dramas I wonder if Townsend will have a difficult decision to make for what to do next season. Gilchrist and the senior leaders traveling are very different characters from Hogg and Finn.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 09 Jun 2022, 8:17 am

Fair play to Gilchrist.

He has had a good season and will be a deserved captain.

Hoggy may just be better off concentrating on his own game now. For the first time in 10 years, he looks like he will have some genuine competition for the shirt.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Fri 10 Jun 2022, 10:09 am

I didn’t realise that Maitland had turned down a second call up during the 6N after he was just holding tackle bags during his first call up. Glad he was honest about that with Toonie, he’s certainly earned the right to say that’s not gonna fly with him. Been a big gain for Saracens and they could well win the prem this season.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 11 Jun 2022, 8:39 pm

These games need to start soon. The round ballers are hardly providing entertainment or a feel good factor.

Im also not really interested in Wimbledon
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 11 Jun 2022, 9:50 pm

I have just been to see Top Gun Maverick, a lot cheaper than watching Scotland and a lot more entertaining than anything they have offerred recently

Can't realky do that every weekend unfortunately 😕

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 12 Jun 2022, 10:23 am

BigGee wrote:I have just been to see Top Gun Maverick, a lot cheaper than watching Scotland  and a lot more entertaining than anything they have offerred recently

Can't realky do that every weekend unfortunately 😕

Soooooooo good!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Highland Shaun Mon 13 Jun 2022, 12:02 am

[quote="tigertattie"]These games need to start soon. The round ballers are hardly providing entertainment or a feel good factor.  

Im also not really interested in Wimbledon [/quote]

Hey, as a HUGE Tennis fan, I totally resent that statement :P :P.

Highland Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 13 Jun 2022, 9:15 am

Adam Hastings sounds like he is looking forward to the tour. In interview with Mark Palmer in the Sunday Times.

The wheels turn quickly in this game. The last time Scotland went to Argentina, in the summer of 2018, Adam Hastings had made only one Test start and was barely out of nappies as a professional fly half.

Fast forward four years and the now 25-year-old, with 26 caps, is a seasoned campaigner, with a World Cup and two cross-border moves under his belt. Far from being a tyro, Hastings is now much closer to the “senior player” bracket of the squad announced by Gregor Townsend last week for three Tests against Argentina after an A-team clash with Chile in Santiago.

Nothing is every linear in this game, however. Hastings will arrive on tour fresh (if that is the word) from one of the most exciting, but also one of the most challenging seasons of his career. He has added fluency to an already richly talented Gloucester backline at the very same time his stock fell sharply with Scotland.

First-choice pivot as recently as the 2020 Six Nations, when Finn Russell had his bust-up with Townsend, Hastings suddenly found himself at best third in the pecking order, not through any obvious fault of his own but the desire to fast-track Blair Kinghorn’s reinvention as a stand-off.

The pair are close friends who frequently holiday together, and have twice indulged in matching tattoos after such monastic expeditions. Hastings can only be happy for the Edinburgh man, who has taken to the role like a somewhat gangly duck to water, swiftly establishing himself as a fulcrum of Mike Blair’s ambitious team and starting the final game of the Six Nations at No 10 when Russell was benched for being among the players who went out to a bar in the Scottish capital after beating Italy in Rome. Omitted from the original tournament squad, Hastings was called up midway through but five minutes as a late substitute in Italy was all the action he saw.

“I speak to Blair most weeks and it’s been pleasing to see him do so well,” he says. “The way Mike Blair has Edinburgh playing is brilliant, and I enjoy watching them. They have that free rein. Mike likes to play a lot of rugby when it’s on, they’ve been playing some brilliant stuff and I’ve enjoyed seeing Blair do his thing.

“He’s on to me for advice all the time, every day! No seriously, we chat about things, certainly at the start of the season when he hadn’t run at ten much in a while. But I wouldn’t say I’m giving him a play-by-play on what to do, he’s a classy enough footballer as it is. He played a bit of ten for Edinburgh when he first started, as well as a lot of games at full back. When you’ve got a player like that, you want him involved as much as possible and that ten shirt has really suited him.”

Russell is not touring this summer, as he recovers from a knee injury and the combined physical and mental effects of a long season post-Lions. Ross Thompson and Rory Hutchinson are other options, but the expectation is that Hastings and Kinghorn will go head-to-head for the stand-off role in Argentina. The Kingsholm carver and Russell have previously played in tandem, with one at fly half and the other at inside centre, and Hastings believes he and Kinghorn could also be used as a pair, either in midfield or as a 10/15 combination.

“One hundred per cent we could do that and make it work,” he says. “Ten and 15, especially splitting off scrums, is always a good option. You’ve obviously got two first receivers and certain plays we’ve run with Scotland before, 15 has been at first receiver with the ten coming in in third phase or something. It would be good.”

Hastings and Scotland would settle for a repeat of 2018, when an inexperienced side thumped a cap-laden Argentina 44-15 in Resistencia, a week after a horrendous loss to the USA.

The tone was set, and the strings pulled, by George Horne and Hastings at half back, who went into the game with a combined three caps compared to the 144 shared by opposite numbers Martín Landajo and Nicolás Sánchez.

Last month, Adam’s uncle, the former Scotland and Lions centre Scott, far left, went public with the news that he has been undergoing chemotherapy for non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Pictured with Adam and his parents, Diane and Gavin
Last month, Adam’s uncle, the former Scotland and Lions centre Scott, far left, went public with the news that he has been undergoing chemotherapy for non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Pictured with Adam and his parents, Diane and Gavin
“I remember that 2018 tour being a young buck; it’s one of my fondest memories as a rugby player,” Hastings says. “It was my first tour, and those four weeks away were really special. I made my debut [against Canada in Edmonton], and won a couple of big games. It will be nice to see what it’s like as a slightly older member and be there for the young boys.

“No matter how well you’re playing, you’re never 100 per cent sure you’re going to be in that squad. I was pleased with the way I was playing towards the end of the year with Gloucester, and I’d have been gutted if I didn’t get to go, but I’d be lying if I said I was 100 per cent convinced until I got the call. I’m delighted to be going on tour, I can’t wait.”

He is likely to be facing two club colleagues, lock Matías Alemanno and Santiago Carreras, the livewire and versatile back who lined up at fly half for Argentina last autumn. Carreras, like Hastings, was key to the late-season momentum shift which took Gloucester to the brink of the play-offs with some outstanding attacking rugby. The Scot is loving life on and off the pitch, having spent most of his first season living with Chris Harris and his partner Ruby.

“She gives us tips every weekend,” Hastings reveals. “Before the Bristol game [in April], she gave me a tip to look one way and give an inside ball the other way and Zam [Louis Rees-Zammit] ended up scoring. Me and Chris had a good giggle about that.

“I’ve really enjoyed living with them and can’t thank them enough, but I’ve finally bought my own gaff now and I think they’re crossing their fingers I’m actually going to move out!

“At the start of the season, we were building our wins off our kicking game and our maul, which has been going brilliantly for us. But the pleasing thing is that in the last couple of months we let the reins off a little bit. The brand of rugby that Skivs [head coach George Skivington] wants to start playing, we’ve seen it in the past eight weeks and it suits me perfectly.

“As a ten, ultimately where the ball goes is up to you, but the way it gets there, or how often it gets there, is often about the communication of the guys outside and inside you. Mark Atkinson has been brilliant for me; he’s such a great talker. Sometimes I have to tell him to shut up, both on and off the pitch, but you’d rather be telling people you need less chat than more.

“This has been a real season of ups and downs, but to come through it in the fashion we have has been brilliant. Personally, I’ve felt like I’ve been pretty consistent. The Prem is a different intensity, the crowds are massive, every game is huge, and it’s been so much fun to soak that in and learn as much as I can.”

Last month, Hastings’ uncle, the former Scotland and Lions centre Scott, went public with the news that he has been undergoing chemotherapy for non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

“We’re a really positive family,” says Hastings, whose mother, Diane, has spoken of her experiences with early onset Parkinson’s.

“It was obviously tough to hear that news, but he [Scott] is doing really well and remaining extremely positive.”

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 13 Jun 2022, 9:35 am

A very mature interview. TBF he wasn't exactly gonna have a moan about being left out of the 6N just as he got called up again!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 13 Jun 2022, 9:45 am

Well he almost certainly has grown up a lot over the past few years.

Moving to Gloucester has certainly challenged him professionally and stuff like hearing about Scott Hastings health, on an emotional level as well.

At 25 years old, hopefully his best years are still ahead of him and we will hopefully see some of that this summer in South America

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 13 Jun 2022, 11:50 am

I watch all of the Glaws highlights every week and he has appeared in them plenty.

His passing game really is excellent and I don't know what his goalkicking percentages are but he seems to be pretty dead eye and has the job every week, unlike Russell. He's come on a lot and I am pleased that he's enthusiastic and wants to stay in the mix.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu 16 Jun 2022, 12:40 pm

It bugs me a bit that he was considered out of form pre 6N. Glad the press and fans called Toonie out on that one. Hastings could be the starting 10 for all of next season if he plays well on this tour. It’ll be good to have him working with Thompson again and of course his best mate blairhorn.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Thu 16 Jun 2022, 12:56 pm

Heard rumours & mumblings that Steve Tandy may be on his way to Wales to take up the role of defensive coach with the Scarlets.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 16 Jun 2022, 1:10 pm

Oakdene wrote:Heard rumours & mumblings that Steve Tandy may be on his way to Wales to take up the role of defensive coach with the Scarlets.  

I'd be surprised if Scotland had not got him tied up till after the WC. The CEO Dodson was saying he did not want any changes to the national coaching setup when speculation was ongoing for the Glasgow job.

It would cost Scarlets an awful lot of money to buy him out and would not look good on Tandy to walk at this stage either.

After the WC though. All bets are off

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 16 Jun 2022, 1:21 pm

Why would he take the same role with a club team, a year out from a WC? Unless he has family issues and needs to be back home, but let's face it an international coaching gig isn't a 365 day job!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Thu 16 Jun 2022, 1:32 pm

I don't know, rumours are that Hogan has left or is leaving & Tandy is in the frame to replace him. That said this may be tomorrow fish & chip paper.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 17 Jun 2022, 11:26 am

That's a good start!

Adam Hastings and Huw Jones out of the summer tour already with hamstring and back injuries respectively. No replacements called up as yet, other than Johnny Mathews and he is not going to be playing FH or FB!

It is going to leave us a bit short on FHs in all honesty. Just Blairhorn and Thompson travelling now and and Thompson not exactly experienced at this level. I would imagine VDW would be the next cab off the rank and they may be looking to Hutchy to provide some cover.

It means BK will get a good workout in the 10 shirt though, which will be good for his development.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 17 Jun 2022, 11:48 am

Well that's not good, particularly as they are two form players who were needing to resurrection their international careers after being out in the wilderness recently.

Definitely leaves us short too!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sensisball Fri 17 Jun 2022, 3:30 pm

Bofelli will have told his mates all about Blair Kinghorn's excellent defensive skills.
With the demise of the Jaguares, there are a tonne of Pumas back plying their trade in France and most are in excellent form.
Think this tour is looking more and dangerous for Scotland as the absentees begin to rack up.
Combine that with the abysmal end of season for Glasgow and the plucky but inevitable end for Edinburgh and it looks ever more daunting.
Who knows, maybe it will be the making of Kinghorn in a Scotland 10 shirt?
Although I highly doubt it

sensisball

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 17 Jun 2022, 8:01 pm

Merde, I was really looking forward to Shug actually getting some game time. That’s a right kick in the nuts, and poor old Adam after the season he’s had. Sport can be a cruel thing sometimes!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 17 Jun 2022, 10:55 pm

Mathews seems to be a partial replacement for Turner, who is ill (likely a euphemism for having covid) and won't be travelling to Chile, though he may join up again later.

It would not surprise me if they bring another player or two in for the Argentina leg of the tour. It would seem a bit crazy to go up against them with only 2 FHs in the squad, one of whom was very inexperienced. Trouble is no-one is really jumping up and down for selection, other than Finn Smith who they have already said is not quite ready. Would necessity change that viewpoint?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Highland Shaun Mon 20 Jun 2022, 5:49 am

There is a good article on Matt Currie on The Offside Line which is worth a read Smile.

https://www.theoffsideline.com/matt-currie-targets-breakthrough-on-scotland-tour/

I reckon he may get in the matchday 23 for Saturday, I take it the team will be announced Wednesday or Thursday as would be the case during 6N for a Saturday match because I'm getting excited now Very Happy.

Surely we can't be as bad as England and likely Wales over in Bok land :O.

Highland Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 22 Jun 2022, 4:50 pm

It's been complete radio silence from the Scotland squad out in Chile this week. Not even a picture of them getting on the plane or training or any player interviews.

That's a little odd. I imagine it means that no press have followed them down there but you would have thought the SRU own coms team would manage to get something out.

The team is likely to be out tomorrow and we are not getting any cryptic clues and hints which keep the armchair fans like us vaguely interested at this time of year!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 22 Jun 2022, 5:17 pm

To be fair they never post much on the summer tours. Admittedly this is very scant for the SRU social media though. I think keeping attention away from the tour is intentional to keep the pressure away from Toonie. If we get whitewashed by Argentina it won't look great.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 22 Jun 2022, 5:22 pm

It will be interesting if any journos actually go down for the Argentina leg.

You can see why the editor might baulk at a month away in South America but hopefully will give the fully capped games some attention.

Still, it might not do the team any harm to be out of sight for a while, unusual though that is in this social media age.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Margin_Walker Wed 22 Jun 2022, 5:26 pm

Probably been answered at some point, so apologies if so, but is the A game against Chile being broadcast/streamed anywhere?

Margin_Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 22 Jun 2022, 5:35 pm

Margin_Walker wrote:Probably been answered at some point, so apologies if so, but is the A game against Chile being broadcast/streamed anywhere?

Yes, is on Premier Sports (where the URC games are shown)

Late saturday evening. I have just set my recorder as am heading off to Italy to to the Padova Granfondo early tomorrow morning

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 22 Jun 2022, 5:36 pm

Agreed, especially with a few new caps in the mix. If they do well fantastic, better to slide in under the radar anyway.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Margin_Walker Wed 22 Jun 2022, 5:56 pm

BigGee wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:Probably been answered at some point, so apologies if so, but is the A game against Chile being broadcast/streamed anywhere?

Yes, is on Premier Sports (where the URC games are shown)

Late saturday evening. I have just set my recorder as am heading off to Italy to to the Padova Granfondo early tomorrow morning

Great, thanks.

Margin_Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 22 Jun 2022, 6:00 pm

https://twitter.com/Scotlandteam/status/1539653498748403719

And even as I finnished typing, the Coms team touched down in Chile Very Happy Very Happy

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 23 Jun 2022, 12:53 am

What team would people like to see for this game?

I'd go for

1 Bhattie
2 Ashman
3 Sebastian
4 Hodgson
5 Young
6 Crosbie (C)
7 Darge (if fit - get some gametime), Christie if not
8 Muncaster

9 Horne
10 Thomson
11 Hoyland
12 Tuipolotu
13 Currie
14 Mclean
15 Smith

It looks like most of the squad are in Chile but I'm not sure how many of the ex-pats would be allowed to play this weekend. If Rowe can play I'd get him in over Hoyland, who I think will line up at 15 against Argentina.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 23 Jun 2022, 8:17 am

Don't think any of the English based players will play, so that rules out Christie.

Is Mclean there? I did not think he was in squad

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 23 Jun 2022, 10:47 am

He is!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 23 Jun 2022, 1:54 pm

If no English-based players (also where is Vellacott?)

Bhatti - Matthews - Sebastian (Schoeman - Cherry - Walker)
Gilchrist - Hodgson (Young)
Bradbury - Muncaster - Crosbie (Watson)

G Horne - Thompson (Price - Kinghorn)
Hutchinson - Bennett (Currie)
McLean - Smith - Hoyland

Not seen much of the end of the season (holidays, work) and from the write-ups, that is a good thing. Chile are not going to be as competitive as Uruguay (who deserved a game but oh well). Having a few experienced internationals, long-time professionals (Matthews, Cherry, Young, Crosbie, Hoyland) and a healthy dose of up-and-comers should be more than enough.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next