The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2024 US Presidential Election

+22
Noble-Surfer
Pebbles
GDC
lostinwales
Derek Smalls
Pr4wn
No name Bertie
Soul Requiem
navyblueshorts
JuliusHMarx
alfie
Samo
Lowlandbrit
Pal Joey
mountain man
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
superflyweight
the-goon2
dummy_half
TRUSSMAN66
Duty281
26 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

2024 US Presidential Election - Page 6 Empty 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by Duty281 Wed May 24, 2023 9:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Thought we should have a thread on it, as Ron DeSantis is expected to launch his campaign on Twitter this evening. He's trailing Trump by a big margin for the Republican nomination, around 37% behind in the polling average. But there's a lot of time for things to change and the oddsmakers only have DeSantis as a 2/1 outsider, against Trump's 2/5. Doesn't appear to be any other serious contenders for the Republican nomination at this point.

Biden is expected to run again and defend his crown, but his advancing age (he's into his 80s now) and low approval ratings means he may be vulnerable to a Democratic challenger. The most likely challenger seems to be Robert Kennedy Jr. who has already announced his candidacy and has polled as high as 21%, but that was still 49% behind Biden. As such, Biden's a 2/9 clear favourite to be the Democrat nominee in 2024, but if he drops out for whatever reason then the race is wide open.

Only 531 days until the election...

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election - Page 6 Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:01 pm

Anybody who thinks Ramaswamy wins the GOP nomination with the color of his skin...

I have a bridge I can sell you.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:25 pm

The first Republican primary debate will be on the 23rd of August.

Trump has said he will not be participating in any of the debates. He currently leads the Republican polling by 38-40% over second-placed DeSantis. DeSantis averaging about 15% in the polls, with his momentum clearly flagging from November when it was anticipated that he would give Trump a good challenge.

Ramaswamy does appear to be in third, but it's low numbers. He's averaging around 7%, although a few polls have seen him shoot up to double digits recently. He's overtaken DeSantis as second favourite to win the Republican nomination, and a good performance in the first debate might see his numbers soar.

Basically seems as though Trump has maintained his stranglehold on the Republican party, but if legal troubles/health issues prevent him from running, then it really is a very open battle between the rest.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:13 pm

With Donald Trump being assailed in all directions - with multiple state courts taking legal action against him, constant attack by mainstream media, well known public figures, and even by mainstream Republican Politicians one wonders how he can be nominated by the Republican Party.   I guess he will have to be nominated by the Party if he wins the Primary Election vote unless disbarred by some legal ruling.

Outside of his loyal Republican - MAGA following he is generally despised - he will get zero cross over support while the independents don't seem to like him at all especially with all the noise surrounding him.   If Trump is nominated by the Republican Party I suppose a lot will depend on who he chooses as his running mate and whether or not at the time he is behind bars or affected by court schedules.

It really seems like Biden will easily win the 2024 Presidential Election as long as the economy doesn't collapse or he doesn't collapse during the run up.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:45 pm

I would assume winning the presidential election is Drumpfs only chance of avoiding spending his last few years in prison and his last few millions on lawyers.

I also assume that any feeble attempt he has is about getting his supporters organised and hoping lethargy, hatred of Biden and possibly intimidation is enough to persuade democratic voters to stay at home. There will be no attempt to convert the undecided (a bit like what is happening in this country).

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:00 pm

Is Trump even eligible? Interesting discussion re. 14th Amendment, Section 3 in the Atlantic (here) and in associated paper (here).

You'd think it was obvious he isn't fit for the office, but at least possible he could be deemed as much, constitutionally.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:54 am

navyblueshorts wrote:Is Trump even eligible? Interesting discussion re. 14th Amendment, Section 3 in the Atlantic (here) and in associated paper (here).

You'd think it was obvious he isn't fit for the office, but at least possible he could be deemed as much, constitutionally.

There were cases against some of the members of Congress who were actively involved in the January 6th disturbances. They were considered to have behaved inappropriately, but not by sufficient to be held ineligible based on the 14th Amendment. As such, it is very unlikely that a Judge would make a finding that Trump is ineligible - not absolutely impossible, but I think there would have to be overwhelming evidence of Trump being involved in Treason or Insurrection, and I don't think anything he actually did (at least that is currently in the public domain) clears that very high bar. That it's even a question that is reasonable to ask though shows the US system has got some pretty big holes in it - the problem of a Constitution written by Gentlemen 250 years ago being that they couldn't foresee the corruption in the system that now exists.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:59 am

I find it astonishing, frightening and depressing in equal measure that over half of Republicans still think Trump actually won the 2020 election, and that it was stolen from him.
How can that many people be so stupid and/or deluded?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

alfie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:02 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I find it astonishing, frightening and depressing in equal measure that over half of Republicans still think Trump actually won the 2020 election, and that it was stolen from him.

Fragmentation of the media, and a large number of people only getting their information from sources that agree and reinforce their preconceptions plays a large part.

Too many have forgotten 'you are welcome to your own opinion, but not to your own facts'

dummy_half

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:23 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I find it astonishing, frightening and depressing in equal measure that over half of Republicans still think Trump actually won the 2020 election, and that it was stolen from him.

I saw one poll that had it as high as 68% of Republicans thinking Biden won due to fraud, with 27% of independents thinking likewise.

They need to do the counting process quicker for the next election. No reason why Florida can tot up the votes in a few hours, but it takes the likes of Arizona and Nevada days and days. The quicker the result is sealed, the less time there is for ill-founded rumour to develop. Three and a half days to call the election last time, even considering how tight it was, was laughable.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:18 pm

dummy_half wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:Is Trump even eligible? Interesting discussion re. 14th Amendment, Section 3 in the Atlantic (here) and in associated paper (here).

There were cases against some of the members of Congress who were actively involved in the January 6th disturbances. They were considered to have behaved inappropriately, but not by sufficient to be held ineligible based on the 14th Amendment. As such, it is very unlikely that a Judge would make a finding that Trump is ineligible - not absolutely impossible, but I think there would have to be overwhelming evidence of Trump being involved in Treason or Insurrection, and I don't think anything he actually did (at least that is currently in the public domain) clears that very high bar. That it's even a question that is reasonable to ask though shows the US system has got some pretty big holes in it - the problem of a Constitution written by Gentlemen 250 years ago being that they couldn't foresee the corruption in the system that now exists.
Agreed, but I'd be very interested to see how an apparently avowed absolutist-re.-the-Constitution-as-written Supreme Court would come down if/when any such case lands on their desks as that's where it would end up pretty quickly I'd imagine.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:23 pm

For any belief system, if one has gone all in on it and then finds out one's been had, that's difficult to swallow. Easier for many to rail against 'the swamp' etc and stick to what they've committed to (see also many religions).This sort of person typically takes a shot at someone like Trump as a personal slight, rather than it being clear such shots are at Trump alone and allow for honest reasons for others to have initially supported him i.e. steel workers listening to his now obvious lies re. rust belt jobs etc. I understand the latter thinking they should cast their lot in with him in 2016.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:52 am

A Majority of Democrats Believe Putin Stole the 2016 US Presidential Election:
Politico (07/18/2018) - paraphrased wrote: According to a new Ipsos Poll .... 85% of Democrats & 53% of Independents believe Russia meddled in the 2016 US Presidential Election resulting in a Donald Trump win..... The poll found two-thirds of Americans are following special counsel Robert Mueller’s ongoing investigation into Russia’s influence on the election .... The online poll, conducted July 16-17, 2018 surveyed 1,005 adults from across the U.S.
RasmussenReports (21/04/22) - paraphrased wrote:Democrats Still Believe Russia Changed 2016 Election Fears of Russian interference in U.S. politics remain widespread, and Democratic voters overwhelmingly agree with Hillary Clinton that Russia is to blame for her defeat in 2016.   The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds .... 72% of Democrats believe it’s likely the 2016 election outcome was changed by Russian interference ... Last week, CNN reported that U.S. intelligence sources believe Russian President Vladimir Putin may be “dialing up his attempts to interfere with American elections.”  .....  The survey of 1,000 U.S. Likely Voters was conducted on April 14 and 17, 2022.
Would people like to express their astonishment, fright and depression over these results or do they in fact think Democrats are correct in their thinking?
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:24 am

Looking into him for the first time, I think Ramaswamy will go very well in his run for the Republican nomination.

I didn't realise how young he was (38), and he's an extraordinarily charismatic individual who does well in interviews (so I can see why he's on the rise), and I think will do very well on the debate stage. I've conjured a mental image of him debating Trump or Biden and it's hilarious. I can see why Trump really wants to stay the hell away from these Republican debates.

Ramaswamy is also a self-made (I believe) rich person (just short of billionaire status), feeding nicely into the image of the American dream and will play well with voters. Plus he's not been a politician before, and I think that goes down well with anti-establishment types, of which there's a lot. He also appears to have a good touch with voters in-person, unlike DeSantis who seems to scare them off.

Also Ramaswamy has been a big supporter of Trump, so he's waiting as next in line to catch the Trump supporters should Trump not run.

Ramaswamy's big test will be how he copes with the attacks that rein down from all sides, something that he won't be experienced with. A good performance in the debate later will make him a headline name, and his Republican opponents, plus the Democrats, will be sending a lot of fire his way should that happen.

Ramaswamy's policy platform is hugely inconsistent, and (similar to Kennedy on the Democrat side) he may find it difficult to marry up into a cohesive campaign. He wants to implement some very strong Libertarian ideas, including abolishing certain government departments (including Education and possibly the IRS), but also wants to expand the powers of the Presidency. He supports same-sex marriage and legalising weed, but also is strongly against abortion and in favour of gun rights.

Strong supporter of nuclear energy, also wants to raise the voting age to 25, and wants to use the US military to smash the Mexican drug cartels, plus ban children under 16 from using social media (I think).

If Trump doesn't run, I think Ramaswamy's the most likely to win the nomination. DeSantis has turned into Jeb Bush - polling at around 33% eight months ago, he's now struggling to breach 10%. And the rest don't look much.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:42 am

No name Bertie wrote:

Politico (07/18/2018) - paraphrased wrote: According to a new Ipsos Poll .... 85% of Democrats & 53% of Independents believe Russia meddled in the 2016 US Presidential Election resulting in a Donald Trump win..... The poll found two-thirds of Americans are following special counsel Robert Mueller’s ongoing investigation into Russia’s influence on the election .... The online poll, conducted July 16-17, 2018 surveyed 1,005 adults from across the U.S.
RasmussenReports (21/04/22) - paraphrased wrote:Democrats Still Believe Russia Changed 2016 Election Fears of Russian interference in U.S. politics remain widespread, and Democratic voters overwhelmingly agree with Hillary Clinton that Russia is to blame for her defeat in 2016.   The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds .... 72% of Democrats believe it’s likely the 2016 election outcome was changed by Russian interference ... Last week, CNN reported that U.S. intelligence sources believe Russian President Vladimir Putin may be “dialing up his attempts to interfere with American elections.”  .....  The survey of 1,000 U.S. Likely Voters was conducted on April 14 and 17, 2022.
Would people like to express their astonishment, fright and depression over these results or do they in fact think Democrats are correct in their thinking?

They're all f*cking bonkers. It would be funny if it weren't so tragic.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:49 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote: ......Biden has ... Pardonned all federal offences for Marijuana possession
Duty281 wrote:.... Ramaswamy .... supports .... legalising weed ....  but .... wants to use the US military to smash the Mexican drug cartels
Seems that maybe Biden has beaten Ramaswamy to the federal policy on Marijuana.   Furthermore it is known that the Biden admin. have some sort of arrangement or understanding with the Mexican drug cartels as indicated by a recent incident where a group attempted to kidnap some Americans in Mexico and two of the Americans died.  Shortly afterwards a drug cartel dumped five bound members to the Mexican police, with a note saying those guys were responsible, that the kidnapping was was not sanctioned by the cartel, and they apologized for the incident.
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/03/09/us/mexico-matamoros-americans-kidnapped-thursday/index.html
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:38 am

No name Bertie wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote: ......Biden has ... Pardonned all federal offences for Marijuana possession
Duty281 wrote:.... Ramaswamy .... supports .... legalising weed ....  but .... wants to use the US military to smash the Mexican drug cartels
Seems that maybe Biden has beaten Ramaswamy to the federal policy on Marijuana.   Furthermore it is known that the Biden admin. have some sort of arrangement or understanding with the Mexican drug cartels as indicated by a recent incident where a group attempted to kidnap some Americans in Mexico and two of the Americans died.  Shortly afterwards a drug cartel dumped five bound members to the Mexican police, with a note saying those guys were responsible, that the kidnapping was was not sanctioned by the cartel, and they apologized for the incident.
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/03/09/us/mexico-matamoros-americans-kidnapped-thursday/index.html

This likely has nothing to do with any presidential administration. The FBI has been doing deals like these with drug cartels for decades.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:56 pm

Haley and Ramaswamy doing the best out of this debate so far. Pence trying to go in hard on Ramaswamy at every point. DeSantis never comes across well in these formats.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:01 pm

Wonder how long its going to take for the usual suspects to start questioning Ramaswamy's birth certificate like they did Obama's.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:31 pm

Unfortunately for USA and rest of us it'll be Trump v Biden in 2024.

Stuck between a dumb rock and a very confused, increasingly decrepit soft place.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:23 pm

Duty281 wrote:Looking into him for the first time, I think Ramaswamy will go very well in his run for the Republican nomination.

I didn't realise how young he was (38), and he's an extraordinarily charismatic individual who does well in interviews (so I can see why he's on the rise), and I think will do very well on the debate stage. I've conjured a mental image of him debating Trump or Biden and it's hilarious. I can see why Trump really wants to stay the hell away from these Republican debates.

Ramaswamy is also a self-made (I believe) rich person (just short of billionaire status), feeding nicely into the image of the American dream and will play well with voters. Plus he's not been a politician before, and I think that goes down well with anti-establishment types, of which there's a lot. He also appears to have a good touch with voters in-person, unlike DeSantis who seems to scare them off.

Also Ramaswamy has been a big supporter of Trump, so he's waiting as next in line to catch the Trump supporters should Trump not run.

Ramaswamy's big test will be how he copes with the attacks that rein down from all sides, something that he won't be experienced with. A good performance in the debate later will make him a headline name, and his Republican opponents, plus the Democrats, will be sending a lot of fire his way should that happen.

Ramaswamy's policy platform is hugely inconsistent, and (similar to Kennedy on the Democrat side) he may find it difficult to marry up into a cohesive campaign. He wants to implement some very strong Libertarian ideas, including abolishing certain government departments (including Education and possibly the IRS), but also wants to expand the powers of the Presidency. He supports same-sex marriage and legalising weed, but also is strongly against abortion and in favour of gun rights.

Strong supporter of nuclear energy, also wants to raise the voting age to 25, and wants to use the US military to smash the Mexican drug cartels, plus ban children under 16 from using social media (I think).

If Trump doesn't run, I think Ramaswamy's the most likely to win the nomination. DeSantis has turned into Jeb Bush - polling at around 33% eight months ago, he's now struggling to breach 10%. And the rest don't look much.

I think the clearest thing to come out of this is Ramaswarmy will be a shoe in for the VP ticket if Trump runs.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:57 pm

No name Bertie wrote:

Nope. Chalk and cheese. Evidence all suggests nothing was 'stolen' from The Orange One. While not definitive, if it's true that US intelligence think it credible that Putin interfered in 2016, then you could posit that election as being 'stolen' from Clinton. I suspect you'll find that GOP members also think Putin interfered in 2016 - most won't say so in public, however.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:59 pm

Samo wrote:Wonder how long its going to take for the usual suspects to start questioning Ramaswamy's birth certificate like they did Obama's.
They won't need to because Ramaswamy's a wing nut.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:52 pm

Trump's ratings are stronger now than they were during the whole of the 2020 campaign.....

He didn't lose the last Election by much...The Bellwether States were close.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:00 pm

Yes, but this is America and the Republican Party and wing nut's do pretty well. I expect Ramaswamy to overtake DeSantis in the polling soon. DeSantis is finished, barring some great comeback.

Haley also did very well in the debate. Currently polling at 3% I wonder if she'll improve based on this, or if her platform is too moderate (by Republican standards!).

Pence also gave things a good go, but his attacks on Ramaswamy were confusing. Pence said about how you can't be a political rookie and learn on the job as President. Well that didn't seem to bother him when he was Trump's VP. Also about half of the GOP views Pence as the devil, so good luck with overcoming that.

The rest were complete non-entities. One of the non-entities, Burgum, actually offered people $20 gift cards if they would donate $1 to his campaign just so he could meet the fundraising thresholds to get on to the debate stage. Madness.

Next debate is on the 27th September.

Duty281

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:04 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Trump's ratings are stronger now than they were during the whole of the 2020 campaign.....

He didn't lose the last Election by much...The Bellwether States were close.......

Presently, Trump is still the Republican Party's best chance of beating Biden.

Which says a lot.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:27 am

Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Trump's ratings are stronger now than they were during the whole of the 2020 campaign.....

Which says a lot.

DeSantis is more popular with independents....So I wouldn't be so sure......Trump you either love him or hate him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:43 pm

The (insoluble ?) problem for the Republicans is that if theydon't put up Trump as their candidate , a large number of their voting cohort will either write him in on the ballot or just not bother to vote - which will will leave whoever they do put up with no chance of overcoming Biden. Damned if they do , damned if they don't...

Simplest if he could be legally stopped from running - or withdraws from choice. Are either likely ?

Be much easier sorted in Russia devil

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:25 pm

Duty281 wrote:

Which says a lot.

And unfortunately Biden is the ONLY Democratic candidate!

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:37 pm

Race between Trump and Biden is very tight at the moment. Currently averaging at about a 2% Biden lead, which would probably be enough for Trump to win through the electoral college. DeSantis is further back, with an average 5/6% deficit against Biden. Very little polling on the other candidates. Ramaswamy was 4% behind Biden in the only two polls conducted on him v Biden so far.

The first poll on the Republican Primary since the debate has also come out - it shows Ramaswamy up to second with 13% (he was 2% with the same polling company two months ago), and DeSantis down to 9% (he was 31% with the same polling company in January). But Trump is far and away in the lead with 51%.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:43 pm

alfie wrote:The (insoluble ?) problem for the Republicans is that if theydon't put up Trump as their candidate , a large number of their voting cohort will either write him in on the ballot or just not bother to vote - which will will leave whoever they do put up with no chance of overcoming Biden.  Damned if they do , damned if they don't...

Simplest if he could be legally stopped from running - or withdraws from choice. Are either likely ?

Be much easier sorted in Russia devil

If Trump is defeated through the ballot in the Republican Primary, I could easily see him running as an independent (presuming this is possible) and splitting the Republican vote. But getting defeated through the ballot in the primaries looks very unlikely.

If he's legally prevented from running then there might be a few who write his name in as a protest, but not enough I imagine to actually influence the result. And the only way he withdraws voluntarily is if his age suddenly catches up with him.

At the moment, however, Trump isn't a problem for the Republicans. He currently remains their best chance of defeating Biden.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:06 pm

To paraphrase Logan Roy, the Republicans at this moment are not serious people.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:50 am

I think the biggest lie in all of this is that Trump apparently weighs only 215lbs.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:20 pm

He only had one foot on the scales.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:19 pm

I see Trump's trial date is set for the middle of the primaries......What a surprising choice of timing !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:55 pm

Duty281 wrote:Haley also did very well in the debate. Currently polling at 3% I wonder if she'll improve based on this, or if her platform is too moderate (by Republican standards!).

Couple of polls have seen her bounce into double digits.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:01 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Haley also did very well in the debate. Currently polling at 3% I wonder if she'll improve based on this, or if her platform is too moderate (by Republican standards!).

Couple of polls have seen her bounce into double digits.

Her and Trump hate eachother............If Trump doesn't get the nomination it will have to be someone palatable with his supporters......

Common sense isn't it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:19 am

Duty281 wrote:But America has such a big problem with many elderly members of congress who have cognitive decline, so perhaps it's not surprising to have the President follow that. What a state America is in...

An absolute mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID52HUMe8Vw

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:33 pm

Mitch McConnell really trying to outdo Joe Biden in the Senile Stakes.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:01 pm

While I disagree with his politics and some of the things he's done you hate to see that. Must be terrifying losing your faculties like that.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:17 am

Samo wrote:While I disagree with his politics and some of the things he's done you hate to see that.  Must be terrifying losing your faculties like that.

Shouldn't have to see it...These guys never retire....

Look at Pelosi...83.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:46 am

CNN (democrat central)

Biden approval

App.....39%
Disapp 61%

Abysmal..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:36 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:CNN (democrat central)

Biden approval

App.....39%
Disapp 61%

Abysmal..
Doesn't surprise me. The average voter would appear to be a complete muppet. Just out of interest, what is it about Biden's policies etc that leads to this? Anything?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:47 am

navyblueshorts wrote:

Biden approval

App.....39%
Disapp 61%

Abysmal..
Doesn't surprise me. The average voter would appear to be a complete muppet. Just out of interest, what is it about Biden's policies etc that leads to this? Anything?

Why are they complete muppets for disapproving of Biden? What policies do you think Biden has engineered that should lead to positive approval?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:59 am

Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Biden approval

App.....39%
Disapp 61%

Abysmal..

Why are they complete muppets for disapproving of Biden? What policies do you think Biden has engineered that should lead to positive approval?
I'm asking about Biden's policies. I'm not volunteering my understanding of them. I'm genuinely curious why his ratings are so low.

To be fair, I guess 61% disapproval is not the same as that 61% approving of, for example, that A-hole, Trump.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:16 am

Well, the economy is suffering; gas prices are going up; inflation is still relatively high; the withdrawal from Afghanistan was a disaster; Biden lied about the efficacy of Covid vaccinations; immigration is out of control on the southern border (some people being kept in cages! I remember it was front page news when Trump was President); there's all the stuff with Biden's son; there's numerous concerns about Biden's age and health as he's 80, already the oldest President ever, and would be 87 if he served a full second term (this ties into general concerns about many aged congress members like Pelosi and McConnell); and Biden frequently embarrasses his country on the international stage.

"Sixty-seven percent of Democratic and Democratic-leaning surveyed voters said the party should nominate someone other than Biden, with his job approval rating standing at just 39 percent among all Americans surveyed. And 58 percent said they believe that Biden’s policies have made economic conditions in the U.S. worse."

Exactly.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:53 pm

Duty281 wrote:Well, the economy is suffering; gas prices are going up; inflation is still relatively high; the withdrawal from Afghanistan was a disaster; Biden lied about the efficacy of Covid vaccinations; immigration is out of control on the southern border (some people being kept in cages! I remember it was front page news when Trump was President); there's all the stuff with Biden's son; there's numerous concerns about Biden's age and health as he's 80, already the oldest President ever, and would be 87 if he served a full second term (this ties into general concerns about many aged congress members like Pelosi and McConnell); and Biden frequently embarrasses his country on the international stage.

"Sixty-seven percent of Democratic and Democratic-leaning surveyed voters said the party should nominate someone other than Biden, with his job approval rating standing at just 39 percent among all Americans surveyed. And 58 percent said they believe that Biden’s policies have made economic conditions in the U.S. worse."

Exactly.
I thought employment numbers were on the rise?
Gas price rises not Biden's fault IMO.
Inflation relatively high, but isn't it falling?
Afghanistan was enacting signed, committed decision of Trump administration, wasn't it?
Don't know what he said about Covid vaccines, but is that anything to do with Biden's policies?
Immigration - unable to really comment on this one.
Biden's son - irrelevant to policies.
Biden's age/health - irrelevant to policies.
International embarrassment - nonsense. You need Trump for that...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Pr4wn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:07 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Well, the economy is suffering; gas prices are going up; inflation is still relatively high; the withdrawal from Afghanistan was a disaster; Biden lied about the efficacy of Covid vaccinations; immigration is out of control on the southern border (some people being kept in cages! I remember it was front page news when Trump was President); there's all the stuff with Biden's son; there's numerous concerns about Biden's age and health as he's 80, already the oldest President ever, and would be 87 if he served a full second term (this ties into general concerns about many aged congress members like Pelosi and McConnell); and Biden frequently embarrasses his country on the international stage.

Exactly.
I thought employment numbers were on the rise?
Gas price rises not Biden's fault IMO.
Inflation relatively high, but isn't it falling?
Afghanistan was enacting signed, committed decision of Trump administration, wasn't it?
Don't know what he said about Covid vaccines, but is that anything to do with Biden's policies?
Immigration - unable to really comment on this one.
Biden's son - irrelevant to policies.
Biden's age/health - irrelevant to policies.
International embarrassment - nonsense. You need Trump for that...

I think unemployment has come down under Biden, but you'd expect it to with Covid abating.
Afghanistan withdrawal rolled into Biden's administration. He pushed back the withdrawal date, and, of course, made the decision to still withdraw even as the Taliban renewed their offensive in 2021.

With regards to policies, you said you were curious as to why Biden's ratings were low. Some of those reasons are outside policy making. His frequent gaffes, embarrassing America on the international stage, clear ill-health and criminal son don't reflect well with voters. There's also clear concern in the US about how many of their law-makers are still serving well into their 70s and 80s, and Biden is part of that.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:57 pm

Rasmusson....

Biden on 47 approval............Weird really that Rasmusson is a well known right wing biased pollster and yet Biden is winning a landslide on their poll and losing on most of the others....

Still great poll for the old boy.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:22 am

Just looking at the polls. Trump is about 50% ahead in the Republican primary stakes of his nearest rival. Biden about 60% ahead for the Democrats, with Kennedy now an independent. So the rematch is on, barring legal/health issues for either man. Trump will be 78 and Biden 81 by the time of the election. Rolling Eyes

Trump is narrowly ahead in most 1v1 polls with Biden, but we're so far out it's not worth paying much attention to yet.  What could be interesting is Kennedy currently polling double digits, sometimes as high as 20%, as an independent third party candidate. Though I'd expect that to drop, it could be a significant factor next November. Trump seems to be benefiting more than Biden from Kennedy's presence in the race.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:28 pm

Don't know if anyone else here listens but I like the BBC podcast Americast with Sarah Smith, Justin Webb etc which is excellent for analysis on all the US politics and they regularly interview their American equivalents and members of public, politicians etc and all of them say Biden too old and although it's going to be Trump v Biden again at least one of them will have a health issue which will change events and open door for someone else.

It is still absolutely astounding that Tump is going to be the Rep candidate given all that's gone on and also how Biden surely doesn't realise he's just not up to it.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next