The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Cup; and the other one if someone wants to comment

+30
Jimmy Moz
Welshmushroom
Pete330v2
tigertattie
Tramptastic
Kingshu
TJ
Collapse2005
TAFKA The Oracle
lostinwales
Recwatcher16
WELL-PAST-IT
geoff999rugby
LeinsterFan4life
Poorfour
mikey_dragon
formerly known as Sam
Heaf
BigGee
carpet baboon
Geordie
Cumbrian
Rugby Fan
Duty281
mountain man
RiscaGame
king_carlos
doctor_grey
thebandwagonsociety
No 7&1/2
34 posters

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Champions Cup; and the other one if someone wants to comment - Page 8 Empty Champions Cup; and the other one if someone wants to comment

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 08 Dec 2023, 9:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Couldn't see another thread on a quick look so sorry if I've missed it.

This weeks fixtures as follows (lifted from the beeb):

Friday
POOL 1
Connacht v Bordeaux Bègles
20:00

POOL 3
Glasgow Warriors v Northampton Saints

EUROPEAN CHALLENGE CUP
POOL 3
ASM Clermont Auvergne v Edinburgh

....Guernsey vs Bury St Edmonds as well which is a biggy

Saturday
POOL 1
Bulls v Saracens
17:30

Bristol v Lyon

POOL 2
Bath v Ulster
15:15

Toulouse v Cardiff Rugby

POOL 3
Toulon v Exeter Chiefs
13:00

Munster v Bayonne

EUROPEAN CHALLENGE CUP
POOL 1
Zebre v Cheetahs

Sharks v Pau

Dragons v Oyonnax

POOL 2
Ospreys v Benetton

POOL 3
Black Lion v Gloucester

Castres v Scarlets

Sunday
POOL 2
Racing 92 v Harlequins

POOL 4
Sale v Stade Francais

La Rochelle v Leinster

Leicester Tigers v Stormers

EUROPEAN CHALLENGE CUP
POOL 2
Perpignan v Lions

Newcastle Falcons vMontpellier

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup; and the other one if someone wants to comment - Page 8 Empty Re: Champions Cup; and the other one if someone wants to comment

Post by Geordie Fri 19 Jan 2024, 9:15 pm

Wow....that should have been given..

What a bloody try!!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup; and the other one if someone wants to comment - Page 8 Empty Re: Champions Cup; and the other one if someone wants to comment

Post by Geordie Fri 19 Jan 2024, 9:18 pm

Connacht cruising v Bristol.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Fri 19 Jan 2024, 9:18 pm

tigertattie wrote:Bloody stupid. Every other game is on an English language channel. By all means have it on a Welsh language channel but either give us an English commentary option or allow tnt sports or via play show it too (like they show the other games)
Nothing wrong with watching the game in Welsh mun. I do it all the time for Wales football matches. Scarlets taking a pasting then. To be expected in Europe.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 19 Jan 2024, 9:26 pm

Glasgow looking dominant now

Johnny Mathews for once makes a try instead of scoring

19-5 Glasgow

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 19 Jan 2024, 9:28 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Bristol in trouble with sir already. Caulfield red carded for a stamp on the head of Bealham, even though it looked an accident. Sinckler binned for team offences conceded by Bristol even though the try was scored. Refs normally let it go if the try is scored but clearly the ref wasn't impressed with the Bristol discipline.
I'm watching Glasgow-Toulon and Warriors seems to be bringing just that bit more energy and go-forward, even in lousy weather.  Do you think Brizzle has a chance to come back based on how they have played so far?

I stopped watching Bristol were on the ropes after the red card. Having checked the score I'm surprised they aren't further behind.

Caulfield probably should have been a yellow card for being careless. Red felt harsh considering he wasn't looking at the player and then fell over after making contact.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 19 Jan 2024, 9:30 pm

Shuggy!!!!

That's the game, Tonnie take note

24-5 Glasgow - that should be the game

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 19 Jan 2024, 9:32 pm

And he got a boot in the face himself causing it.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 19 Jan 2024, 9:40 pm

tigertattie wrote:Bloody stupid. Every other game is on an English language channel. By all means have it on a Welsh language channel but either give us an English commentary option or allow tnt sports or via play show it too (like they show the other games)
That is weird.  I just checked and my stream has the usual English language commentators.  

Glasgow were just that much better than Toulon in all facets.  Not a terribly exciting game, but the two tries as well as most of the pressure in each half is a good reflection on the score.  24-5 to Warriors at the moment with 70 mins gone.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 19 Jan 2024, 9:52 pm

Kyle Rowe makes it 5 in dead time

29-5 Glasgow at FT

Glasgow into the quarter finals, we were always going to be happy with that in this group.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 19 Jan 2024, 10:08 pm

Odd call for a penalty try in the Scarlets game. Edinburgh physically dominated them tonight though, that was impressive.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 20 Jan 2024, 1:11 pm

Could do without Ulster players waving imaginary cards, it isn't football...
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Gicater likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sat 20 Jan 2024, 1:38 pm

Have the Ulster team put a large bet on quin's today? As we seem to be doing everything we can to help them score

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Sat 20 Jan 2024, 1:46 pm

Comedy rugby from Ulster. Keystone cops wouldn't have a look in.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 20 Jan 2024, 2:08 pm

Problem for Ulster now is that they look to be playing into a pretty strong wind, Quins are already getting noticeably more distance on their clearances than in the first half.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat 20 Jan 2024, 2:16 pm

I'll be out for most of the Tigers vs Leinster game. Which I'm thankful for if anything.

From what I've seen of Leinster this season they seem to be in relative transition. Still a fantastic, basically international, team but Nienaber seems to be bedding in new tactics and it isn't quite as smooth as usual. If he can build on the incredible foundations there and add further layers to their game then it may become an ever scarier proposition. Similar to what he did with the Boks really.

That said, I'm still expecting Tigers to receive an unlubed turbofisting. Having the full strength back row available is a big boost. Especially with Martin injured. Matt Scott being fit is also helpful as he is so solid in the all important 13 channel. That's especially necessary against Ringrose. Cole's absence gives Heyes a really good chance to show his best against Porter. Montoya has understandably looked tired though and Pollard has had his worst form for Tigers recently. Both suffering a post RWC come down/hangover I suspect. I'm not expecting much. If our best players can fire then they might keep it tight for the first half. Which could be considered lubrication of sorts, I guess. The same as La Rochelle though, I think the opposition are just too good today.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Sat 20 Jan 2024, 2:24 pm

king_carlos wrote:I'll be out for most of the Tigers vs Leinster game. Which I'm thankful for if anything.

From what I've seen of Leinster this season they seem to be in relative transition. Still a fantastic, basically international, team but Nienaber seems to be bedding in new tactics and it isn't quite as smooth as usual. If he can build on the incredible foundations there and add further layers to their game then it may become an ever scarier proposition. Similar to what he did with the Boks really.

That said, I'm still expecting Tigers to receive an unlubed turbofisting. Having the full strength back row available is a big boost. Especially with Martin injured. Matt Scott being fit is also helpful as he is so solid in the all important 13 channel. That's especially necessary against Ringrose. Cole's absence gives Heyes a really good chance to show his best against Porter. Montoya has understandably looked tired though and Pollard has had his worst form for Tigers recently. Both suffering a post RWC come down/hangover I suspect. I'm not expecting much. If our best players can fire then they might keep it tight for the first half. Which could be considered lubrication of sorts, I guess. The same as La Rochelle though, I think the opposition are just too good today.

Laugh  Fantastic turn of phrase! clap I nearly spat out my sausage sandwich! One to add to the list for future use! Very Happy

TAFKA The Oracle

doctor_grey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 20 Jan 2024, 2:26 pm

Ulster have been their own worst enemies, they have been caught napping far too many times.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sat 20 Jan 2024, 2:29 pm

Cumbrian wrote:Ulster have been their own worst enemies, they have been caught napping far too many times.

Yup and it's been like this for at least 18 months.
Something needs to change, but unfortunately I think it's only going to get worse this season

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 20 Jan 2024, 2:32 pm

I though that pass was forward, but this is turning into a proper mullering.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 20 Jan 2024, 3:00 pm

I can't believe Chandler Cunningham-South is still only 20! Imagine what his carrying will be like when he gets into his prime...
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 20 Jan 2024, 3:04 pm

Looks like I watched the wrong game.  Quins were much more solid than Ulster and did what they do.  Not a typical spectacular performance, but were better and ran out with a nice win.  

Looks like Bulls-Bordeaux was a lot of fun.  Have to take a look at it later.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 20 Jan 2024, 4:02 pm

Good first half in Leicester Leinster game.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Sat 20 Jan 2024, 4:21 pm

That looked a very harsh yellow for Tigers. Not even sure it went forward.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 20 Jan 2024, 4:45 pm

This game defines the expression: There are going to be a lot of sore bodies tomorrow.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 20 Jan 2024, 5:36 pm

Poorfour wrote:That looked a very harsh yellow for Tigers. Not even sure it went forward.

I wasn't sure about that either - likewise the try where the Leinster player got up again without releasing the ball and at least one turnover pen that went the wrong way. Think Tigers were maybe a bit unlucky with the rub of the green ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 20 Jan 2024, 6:32 pm

Was that really a red or do these incidents get made to look worse in super slowmo?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 20 Jan 2024, 6:48 pm

How much more in from the side could Munster be there to clear-out Lawes? Ridiculous officiating ....

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 20 Jan 2024, 6:53 pm

And Munster score from a position they should never be in jeez ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 20 Jan 2024, 7:19 pm

Fin Smith playing like a 31 year old not a 21 year old. His game management has been outstanding in this second half (not seen the first, been out most the afternoon). Drop goal was class, penalty kick from the halfway line, kicking into the 22 to just put pressure back on Munster.

formerly known as Sam

Cumbrian, king_carlos and Heaf like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 20 Jan 2024, 7:30 pm

Unbelievable win for Northampton, really pleased so many of these guys are in the England squad. I thought the red card was harsh. If you slow something down and show it dozens of times whilst the crowds repeatedly cry 'oooh!' it is going to put pressure on the ref.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Heaf likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sat 20 Jan 2024, 7:30 pm

How do they do it? down nearly all game, down to 14 men for 30 minutes and they can still come back to win. This is the fourth or fifth game where they have come back in the last ten to win. There self belief is just immeasurable.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sat 20 Jan 2024, 7:32 pm

Also their first ever win on Thomand Park
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 20 Jan 2024, 7:34 pm

Cumbrian wrote:Unbelievable win for Northampton, really pleased so many of these guys are in the England squad.  I thought the red card was harsh.  If you slow something down and show it dozens of times whilst the crowds repeatedly cry 'oooh!' it is going to put pressure on the ref.

Especially when the ref is weak ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 20 Jan 2024, 7:35 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Fin Smith playing like a 31 year old not a 21 year old. His game management has been outstanding in this second half (not seen the first, been out most the afternoon). Drop goal was class, penalty kick from the halfway line, kicking into the 22 to just put pressure back on Munster.

So pleased that he is going to play for us rather than Scotland, he looks superb.

What I like about Northampton is that they don't really show any fear. Down to 14 men in the p1ssing rain at Thomond Park, no problem, just play. Part of my concern for England over the last few years is how many of them have been scarred by previous experiences. It is so refreshing to see an English side play without fear.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

formerly known as Sam and Heaf like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 20 Jan 2024, 7:36 pm

Well done Saints - incredible result to beat Munster away with men down and some decidedly average officiating.

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 20 Jan 2024, 7:38 pm

Cumbrian wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Fin Smith playing like a 31 year old not a 21 year old. His game management has been outstanding in this second half (not seen the first, been out most the afternoon). Drop goal was class, penalty kick from the halfway line, kicking into the 22 to just put pressure back on Munster.

So pleased that he is going to play for us rather than Scotland, he looks superb.

I'd start him Vs Italy. Mitchell will be at 9 so there will be that understanding there between the two of them.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 20 Jan 2024, 7:41 pm

Just as a matter of interest, what's the law on the kick timer? Do you need to start your run or actually kick the ball before the clock hits zero?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sat 20 Jan 2024, 7:42 pm

kick the ball
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sat 20 Jan 2024, 7:43 pm

aka Farrell, not doing so
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 20 Jan 2024, 7:45 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Cumbrian wrote:

I'd start him Vs Italy. Mitchell will be at 9 so there will be that understanding there between the two of them.

Yes, not just to get him captured (but that is also a consideration) but also because he deserves a shot. He has to be in the 22 at least. I'm a fan of Ford, but boring name has the 10 jersey at the moment.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 20 Jan 2024, 7:49 pm

Just as an aside, I don't think it was a fluke either. Saints dominated the first 30 minutes, things went a bit mental 10 minutes either side of half time (cards excepted) and then they looked the better team for the lat 10-15 minutes.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 20 Jan 2024, 7:52 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:kick the ball

So one of Munster's kicks should have been struck off too then ... assuming what was on the TV screen was accurate

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 20 Jan 2024, 8:04 pm

Heaf wrote:Was that really a red or do these incidents get made to look worse in super slowmo?
Very bizarre, seemed like a Rugby play to me. The red was clearly pandering to the TMO or the crowd. I hope the Munster player is OK.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 20 Jan 2024, 8:25 pm

Cumbrian wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:
Cumbrian wrote:

Yes, not just to get him captured (but that is also a consideration) but also because he deserves a shot.  He has to be in the 22 at least.  I'm a fan of Ford, but boring name has the 10 jersey at the moment.

I'm a big Ford fan but he's not been in form and has struggled with injury this season. If Ford was fit and in form I'd opt for him but he isn't so why not give the kid who's playing like a 50 cap international a go. Such a mature and well rounded skillset is extremely unusual at 21. Probably haven't seen that since Ford and early days he had issues with place kicking.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 20 Jan 2024, 8:55 pm

Just checked the scores and at the half Lyon (13th place in the Top 14) are up 5-17 on Saracens.  Sarries are still a talented bunch and are surprised they are that far behind at home.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 20 Jan 2024, 9:08 pm

Farrell just isn't woth it mentally....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 20 Jan 2024, 9:09 pm

And Joel Kpoku out Maroing Maro....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 20 Jan 2024, 9:09 pm

Geordie wrote:Farrell just isn't woth it mentally....
Just because he was charged down twice in the same sequence about 30 seconds apart?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 20 Jan 2024, 9:11 pm

The first Lyon try was an interception from Lyon's half.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 20 Jan 2024, 9:16 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:The first Lyon try was an interception from Lyon's half.
But not from Farrell. That was on the scrum half, van Zyl.

doctor_grey

formerly known as Sam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next