The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
Duty281
lostinwales
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
Galted
JuliusHMarx
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
12 posters

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Tue 19 Dec 2023, 10:04 am

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Galted, Villa are f*king massive. Huge. Gargantuan.

Merry Christmas you big c*nt.

You won't win a Pulitzer for filth.  

Merry Christmas to you as well. You wee f*cking radge.

I celebrated the festive period by falling down a hole that Scottish Gas Networks has dug at the end of our drive and failed to cover properly.  If only I knew a decent lawyer.  

Isn't Mrs Superfly a decent lawyer?

Yes - but she can't stop laughing.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Mon 15 Jul 2024, 11:17 am

guildfordbat wrote:Alfie, I did wonder if Galted had been celebrating the birthday of Larry Gomes  a day too early! It was a case of either bawling and running to the mods or trying to redirect things towards young Smith. Hopefully, PJ will reappear soon and help with the latter.

Hi Guildford... some excellent trawling there. I've been a quiet impartial observer over the last week(s) or so. I've probably watched too much sport recently.

It's mid-winter here, so that makes it harder to get up at un-Godly hours but I did manage a few 2am-ers... followed by most of the 5am matches for the Euros. Then also about half of the Copa America matches later in the mornings. Some really good games there with great atmosphere at the packed stadia. Entertaining commentary as well. I have my own theory about Latin American v European v English football styles of play and match mentality - which probably deserves a separate thread.
Then on top of all that there's all the local NRL, AFL and some ABs, Wallabies matches in there. Olympics coming up next as well.

So it's no wonder I struggle to reply to alfie's excellent comments. I am awake (just) in the dark with the tv illuminating the bedroom, volume on '14'. If I go up a notch in volume or make a comment on here - then Slovenia scores or England lose a wicket - so I have to be careful what and when I type. Maybe should have posted at 06:46 though! I could have changed history...

Of course, I kept an eye on the cricket (time zones again a killer) and from what I saw, I was very impressed with young Jamie Smith. His batting stance reminds me a little of Cameron Green; which is a good thing I believe. He's also got that calm presence at the crease, confidence in his abilities, seems technically sound and is good to watch. I only saw mostly highlights of him behind the stumps and he looked the part there too. So our prediction and wish paid off, Guildford. We were always right and we didn't have to bribe, beg or plead with anyone at the ECB. They simply came to their senses.

I liked Atkinson's performance too. I'd build a fresh bowling attack around him, Archer and 2 or 3 of whoever the most consistent bowling performers are leading into the Ashes at the end of next year. Not necessarily go for express pace (although that is a bonus); but fast-mediums and medium-fasts with the best fitness, patience and some subtle variability or special skill with the ball. It's the combinations of bowlers that's important and variety which often produces the required results. Team confidence can then build really quickly along the way.

Like the football - players can posses a certain skillset or some particular quality (which most people will acknowledge) and may play well for their PL team but that step up to international level requires an even higher level of performance and even stronger determination (than club level) and perhaps a bit of luck too. Need to up the tempo and put the opposition under pressure moving forward whilst keeping possession of the ball... not keep giving it away and having to start all over again. That's what we do!

I really thought that ball would go in near the end (the two headers) and it could have then been extra time. Would they have the legs for that though?
We'll never know...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

guildfordbat and alfie like this post

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon 15 Jul 2024, 11:35 am

No soy Shannen Doherty.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 15 Jul 2024, 11:45 am

Galted wrote:No soy Shannen Doherty.

Yes, very sad.

Watched a few episodes of 90210 with the ex at the time. I forgive all the scheming behind the backs of others... for now.

The guys were much worse. Either bell-ends, planks or eejits.... except for Luke Perry of course.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 15 Jul 2024, 11:56 am

Hey Big G, them bullets was mighty close, weren't they?

Imagine if he'd been wearing a 10-gallon hat and had a fake cigar (or even a toothpick) hangin' outta the side of his smart-arsed mouth?

Could have been a very different outcome, yeah?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 15 Jul 2024, 12:00 pm

That photo of him with a raised fist, bleeding head and the flag over him couldn't have been planned better.

I reckon the only way back for Biden is if there's another attempt on Trump and it turns out to be Biden himself.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 15 Jul 2024, 12:08 pm

Yeah, a show of bravado but imagine if the shooter hadn't been killed and had a chance to reload and take another shot. He should have been dragged off by the ankles just after he hit the deck initially... which was a pretty quick reaction for a 77 year old. I was impressed with the speed. He got the iconic shot but that was a fairly big risk still standing out there in the open. I suppose he must have felt a rush of adrenaline as the blood poured out.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 15 Jul 2024, 2:42 pm

Well done with all that sport watching , PJ clap Like the way you saved yourself from having to appear on both cricket and football boards with a single post in here Smile

I thought I was doing pretty well with the 2am and 5am stuff - plus Test Match , a bit of Tennis and Le Tour - and some streamed athletics as well. But I didn't go on to the South American games or the local football (understandably as my Tigers are currently a bit of a basket case , alas .) You have the prize I think...

Not sure what to do tonight with all the above absent , completed or rest days. Might try to re-adjust body clock. But all good practice for Olympics , eh ?

alfie

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2024, 9:39 am

Is it safe to emerge yet? Has Gareth been hung? Has Duty taken over with tactical genius Harry Potter as his assistant? Has Superfly got all his gloating over with? Has Jules died? Has Galted finally posted something worth reading? Is Novak the GOAT? Should England have played Phil Schofield on the left to mark Yamal?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 16 Jul 2024, 9:53 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Is it safe to emerge yet? Has Gareth been hung? Has Duty taken over with tactical genius Harry Potter as his assistant? Has Superfly got all his gloating over with? Has Jules died? Has Galted finally posted something worth reading? Is Novak the GOAT? Should England have played Phil Schofield on the left to mark Yamal?

No.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2024, 9:58 am

That was the only rhetorical question in the list.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 16 Jul 2024, 11:30 am

superflyweight wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Is it safe to emerge yet? Has Gareth been hung? Has Duty taken over with tactical genius Harry Potter as his assistant? Has Superfly got all his gloating over with? Has Jules died? Has Galted finally posted something worth reading? Is Novak the GOAT? Should England have played Phil Schofield on the left to mark Yamal?

No.  

Very much so - I've done some in-depth analysis on the political situation in the US re Trump's ear being blown off, some delightful George Clooney film wordplay with Julius and some rather clever Spanish translations.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2024, 11:38 am

I've also done some in depth analysis on the US president thread this morning but it has been met with silence. I can only think it is either too clever and amusing for lesser intellectual heavyweights to understand or it just isn't as funny as I thought it was.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 16 Jul 2024, 1:38 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I've also done some in depth analysis on the US president thread this morning but it has been met with silence. I can only think it is either too clever and amusing for lesser intellectual heavyweights to understand or it just isn't as funny as I thought it was.

I understood it and managed a smile and an affectionate shake of my head.

I see Duty is making an exhibition of himself in response to Southgate's resignation.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jul 2024, 2:17 pm

superflyweight wrote:

I see Duty is making an exhibition of himself in response to Southgate's resignation.  

Anything that stops him w*nking off Nigel Farage should be considered a win.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 16 Jul 2024, 2:45 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Anything that stops him w*nking off Nigel Farage should be considered a win.

He types with his left hand - what he does with his right hand is between him and Farage.  

Oh god, just had an image (brought on by a recent episode of The Boys) of a human centipede formed by Duty rimming Farage while Farage rims Trump.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 16 Jul 2024, 2:47 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I've also done some in depth analysis on the US president thread this morning but it has been met with silence. I can only think it is either too clever and amusing for lesser intellectual heavyweights to understand or it just isn't as funny as I thought it was.

I understood it and managed a smile and an affectionate shake of my head.  

I'm feeling nostalgic for 1978 already... Passarella's famous diving header to clear the ball out of the box against the Dutch. He was a no-nonsense defender with a presence. I noticed watching the Copa America... there's that different level of mongrel desperation either with or without the ball.

They'll chance their arm (or legs) more often against some equally fiery defender. It comes off about 8 times out of 10 because they're so used to those kind of tussles. It's like the game within the game - keeping possession at all costs, more surgical one touch lay-offs. If they trap; they then make a very quick decision and then lay it off accurately. When they lose possession; it's all about getting it back and then repeating the cycle. Similarities with netball (according to Raf) in that they've mastered the art of passing angles to one another and it's so ingrained in their style of play.

It's all based on their growing up and scrapping it out on the streets... where these skills are honed at a young age. Similar stuff happens in England, I'm presuming, and no doubt there is no shortage of talent. However, I think because you invented the game, you play too fairly within the intended laws/rules compared to the feral Latinos.

Someone needs to come up with some kind of story for the England team... maybe a band of ruthless marauding thugs from Shoreditch who slash and burn their way to ultimate glory in 2026. Bodies of Latinos strewn across the field, faces twisted with pain, crying out in agony and the Swiss ref ignoring them all. That's how it should be.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

alfie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 16 Jul 2024, 3:51 pm

Played 'street' football on a rough council estate in Dundee and all it taught me was (a) if you were going to use any skill at all on someone, you'd better be confident you could batter them, (b) the likelihood of a game being abandoned because some lunatic set a dog on us was around 25%, and (c) if the real hard nuts showed up with hammers, don't own up to it being your ball and just start running.

I'm not sure if any of it is transferable to the Euros, but would come in handy in the Copa.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 19 Jul 2024, 10:21 am

Self-unmichaelsing fist. This one hurt, lads.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 19 Jul 2024, 10:33 am

superflyweight wrote:Self-unmichaelsing fist.  This one hurt, lads.  

Would have replied sooner, but I'm Bob Newhart.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 19 Jul 2024, 10:52 am

(a) was very funny

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 19 Jul 2024, 12:22 pm

Galted wrote:

(a) was very funny

(b) Civic

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 19 Jul 2024, 9:43 pm

I wonder which of Duty and Truss get the greatest err 'gratification' from Trump getting knicked by a small piece of plastic whilst a couple of republicans die?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 22 Jul 2024, 9:42 am

S**T on here, though I guess the American political s**tshow is taking up board time.

Forgetful fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 25 Jul 2024, 10:19 am

Michaelsing session over fist. Can't let this happen any longer, rIcKo.

A bit of a warm and balmy winter's day here. Took the tax papers for a drive down to the coast. Another receptionist there this time... Canadian brunette with a nice smile. Last time was an Aussie blonde beach girl... also with a nice smile. Then I popped down to the Leagues club to renew my membership. The lady just printed off a new card with my 5 year old photo and gave it to me. No charge. It expires in 2032.

Checked out some of the merchandise on display. The puffer jackets are overpriced. Even the maroon corduroy caps are $45... or about 23 quid, which I thought was a little on the high side. Tempting though... maybe next time?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 25 Jul 2024, 10:38 am

How often do you take your tax papers out for a drive? Did they enjoy the scenery?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 25 Jul 2024, 11:00 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:How often do you take your tax papers out for a drive? Did they enjoy the scenery?

Once a year. About this time. Yes.

I often go the more scenic route, which takes longer... but you drive through 2 distinct zones. The dry scrubby plateau (near Skippy's former 'home') then you descend down into a sub-tropical rainforest. The tax papers love the dappled light effect driving along the curvy roads. Some really nice cafes on the water at the end where we usually have a coffee or a small bite to eat.

I'm often sad when I hand the papers over to the receptionist... but not too worried because I know they'll be returned to me in a few weeks or so.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 25 Jul 2024, 12:00 pm

Also, without the papers to look after for a while I guess you can get out more.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 25 Jul 2024, 12:24 pm

Exactly. You're right on the mark.

I've asked No name Bertie to do a google search on possible ways I can get out more... but so far nothing I already knew or was already currently doing.

Fat lot of help that was. It was a bit like the US politics thread 'research' if you know what I mean.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 26 Jul 2024, 10:28 am

PJ's not f*cking around.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ckmg7ngkgjeo

Fist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 26 Jul 2024, 3:04 pm

Galted wrote:PJ's not f*cking around.

Fist.

Only about 9/10ths of a fist by the looks of it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Galted likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 26 Jul 2024, 8:32 pm

Galted wrote:PJ's not f*cking around.

Fist.

l*l
He won't miss it. Might make trapping the ball a little more awkward though.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 30 Jul 2024, 2:24 pm

Deader than Francine Pascal on here.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 30 Jul 2024, 3:18 pm

I'm off on holiday in a few days and I was going to ask you guys to do my bins again, but I'm now thinking I might just dump the thread out alongside my bins.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 30 Jul 2024, 4:17 pm

Strange how the thread survived the many deaths of Tino and the demises of Jeff and Sean, only to be killed off by LiW losing interest.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 31 Jul 2024, 8:43 am

Fist.

The video of that f*ckwit in Southport getting hit on the back of the head with a brick and then seconds later being hit square in the plums with another brick has brightened up my morning.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 31 Jul 2024, 11:23 am

Yeah I saw that also, made me laugh.

Sicond

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 31 Jul 2024, 11:43 am

Good to see there's no bricklaying skills shortage in Southport.

Tird.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 31 Jul 2024, 12:16 pm

It's they only thing worth laying in Southport.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 31 Jul 2024, 12:27 pm

superflyweight wrote:Fist.  

The video of that f*ckwit in Southport getting hit on the back of the head with a brick and then seconds later being hit square in the plums with another brick has brightened up my morning.  

It's his little teapot pose to taunt the po-lice at the start that makes it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 01 Aug 2024, 12:37 pm

Eternal flaming fist.

Anyone know what time the lesser super tees off in the Olympics golf?

I see Jules put him straight quick smart. It's been a bit quiet on there ever since.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 01 Aug 2024, 11:44 pm

Galted wrote:Strange how the thread survived the many deaths of Tino and the demises of Jeff and Sean, only to be killed off by LiW losing interest.

I am sorry still lurking, just a tweak of the computer set up makes it a bit more awkward to spend time on here during working hours.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 02 Aug 2024, 8:00 am

lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:Strange how the thread survived the many deaths of Tino and the demises of Jeff and Sean, only to be killed off by LiW losing interest.

I am sorry still lurking, just a tweak of  the computer set up makes it a bit more awkward to spend time on here during working hours.

The Music Section Morning Tea Society lives!

Have to say though that the Olympics special is as poor as the Election special.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 05 Aug 2024, 9:52 am

I'm not Graham Thorpe.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 05 Aug 2024, 1:02 pm

I've not thrown a timber plank through someone's window.

Although I have roughly tossed quite a few timber planks onto the back of a trailer... with absolutely no regard to their well being.

btw, I know Super is on holiday and not sure whether he's organised his bins... but I saw one with a yellow lid tossed on its side in Rotherham. Possibly his?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 05 Aug 2024, 5:05 pm

No Tino and Rick for a while. Reckon they're busy covering up tattoos and deleting tw*ets.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 05 Aug 2024, 5:08 pm

Galted wrote:No Tino and Rick for a while. Reckon they're busy covering up tattoos and deleting tw*ets.

I've been so worried about the recent violence I didn't dare send my man to The Waitrose to stock up on various items.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 05 Aug 2024, 5:29 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:No Tino and Rick for a while. Reckon they're busy covering up tattoos and deleting tw*ets.

I've been so worried about the recent violence I didn't dare send my man to The Waitrose to stock up on various items.

A t'Waitrose being looted would make for great viewing. Can just picture Dazza and Bazza stocking up on olive sourdoughs and sundrenched vine tomatoes with mozzarella balls.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 07 Aug 2024, 10:46 am

Saw a dude with a swastika tattoo and a poppy pin, also the folk looting a Greggs, talk about sh**ing where you eat.

Fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 07 Aug 2024, 2:45 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Saw a dude with a swastika tattoo and a poppy pin, also the folk looting a Greggs, talk about sh**ing where you eat.

Fist.

Seen lots of people nicking Crocs on their looting sprees. F*cks me right off, hasn't anyone heard of Hi-Tec?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 08 Aug 2024, 9:23 am

Classless.

I am not Jack Karlson, though I do enjoy a succulent Chinese meal.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next