The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
Duty281
lostinwales
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
Galted
JuliusHMarx
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
12 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 20 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Tue 19 Dec 2023, 10:04 am

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Galted, Villa are f*king massive. Huge. Gargantuan.

Merry Christmas you big c*nt.

You won't win a Pulitzer for filth.  

Merry Christmas to you as well. You wee f*cking radge.

I celebrated the festive period by falling down a hole that Scottish Gas Networks has dug at the end of our drive and failed to cover properly.  If only I knew a decent lawyer.  

Isn't Mrs Superfly a decent lawyer?

Yes - but she can't stop laughing.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 20 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 02 Oct 2024, 12:25 pm

Figaro was one of two future UK Number 1 songs presciently referenced in the lyrics of Bohemian Rhapsody, the other being Mamma Mia.
FACT.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 20 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by guildfordbat Wed 02 Oct 2024, 1:33 pm

And a happy 134th birthday to you, Julius.

As you said, ''Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.''

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 02 Oct 2024, 1:36 pm

guildfordbat wrote:And a happy 134th birthday to you, Julius.

I'm starting to feel it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 02 Oct 2024, 1:42 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Thought I would make an occasional visit here to read your tributes to one of the world's most gifted and successful singer-songwriters who died the other day.

More than a little disappointed to find absolutely zilch.

Yes, Martin Lee. The singing and song writing powerhouse with Brotherhood of Man who topped the charts with all time classics Save Your Kisses For Me, Angelo and Figaro.

You thought I meant Kris Kristofferson? Oh, come on! Ok, he was a Golden Globe winner, picked up a few Grammy Awards, sung and acted alongside Streisand and was even Oscar nominated but, unlike Martin Lee, he never won Eurovision.

I've given up on music since my son banned me from singing Oranges and Lemons to him at bedtime. The singing ban was made all the more hurtful by the fact I'd recently learned all the words to Waltzing Matilda as an alternative.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 02 Oct 2024, 7:00 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Could be worse, could just be a thread of someone repeatedly posting opinion polls.

57% of people agree with you.

Good news for super, this is now up to 61%.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 03 Oct 2024, 12:58 pm

Fist.

That looks about right, Jules.

He'll have nightmares if you sing that one before bedtime, Galts. Not from the scary lyrics or anything... more so from the sound of your falsetto voice.

Although I'm impressed you know all the words.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 03 Oct 2024, 2:34 pm

Learned the song at school, was more a case of brushing up. The next step is to change the words to make it about him but whenever I alter song lyrics a more obscene version comes out.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 03 Oct 2024, 2:35 pm

Galted wrote:Learned the song at school, was more a case of brushing up.  The next step is to change the words to make it about him but whenever I alter song lyrics a more obscene version comes out.

I see a little silhouetto of a c*nt.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 03 Oct 2024, 7:19 pm

Scaramouche, Scaramouche, f*cking f*ckers

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 04 Oct 2024, 4:19 am

Always a delight to pop in to this thread after a period on holiday and away from the site as it is a pleasant diversion from the mainstream news outlets : though as usual I have very limited understanding of much of what is going on...

A brief inspection of some earlier pages left me with a vague impression that Tino had been eaten by a bear so I am relieved to see that he appears to have been resurrected (unless of course he has been replaced by an AI ?).  And am also pleased to learn that Julius is apparently even older than me ...congrats on achieving your 14th decade Jules and I guess this accounts for your knowing all the words to songs from the last century . Presume that also goes for Waltzing Matilda ?

Actually , reflecting on those lyrics I am starting to wonder whether it is not a little questionable in these enlightened times (heavy handed police action against a vulnerable individual ? possible encouragement of suicidal impulses a danger to young people ?) Is a move for Cancellation just around the corner ? Or perhaps Galted can just rearrange it in a more acceptable fashion ?

Apologies for interrupting the serious discussion on here : time to go and check those opinion polls...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 04 Oct 2024, 3:54 pm

I'm not going to stand by and watch a great and proper grown-up poster like Alfie suffer a weekend michaelsing.

I'd do the same for GB, Jules (now that he's in his mid 130's) and possibly Rick (but only if it is a particularly detailed lunch review), but none of the rest of you.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 04 Oct 2024, 6:12 pm

Well then you can very much go and get f*cked if you think I'm saving you from the weekend michaelsing.

Was a bloody good post from Alfie, even if he did disrupt the serious discussing that's been going on.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 04 Oct 2024, 8:04 pm

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 04 Oct 2024, 8:41 pm

?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 04 Oct 2024, 8:58 pm

!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 05 Oct 2024, 7:51 am

Damn you, Marx, damn you to hell!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 07 Oct 2024, 8:32 pm

The key to a great weekend michaels is not to michaels Monday as well.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 08 Oct 2024, 2:26 pm

Sunday, Monday michaelsing
Tuesday, Wednesday michaelsing
Thursday, Friday michaelsing
Saturday, what a day, michaelsing the week with you.

Fist in front of a live studio audience.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Galted likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 08 Oct 2024, 2:40 pm

Ayyyyyyy OK

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 09 Oct 2024, 2:45 pm

I think this thread has jumped the shark.

Fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 09 Oct 2024, 7:01 pm

Inevitable that jumping the shark for this thread would involve a michaelsing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 09 Oct 2024, 7:05 pm

According to deepai text generator, 'the phrase "jump the shark" typically refers to a moment when a show or trend declines in quality, often after a notable or absurd event. In the context of the "morning tea" thread—often seen in online forums or social media—the point at which it might be considered to have "jumped the shark" could vary based on participants' opinions, but generally, it could be pinpointed to moments when discussions became overly sensationalized, repetitive, or strayed significantly from the original intent, leading to a decline in meaningful engagement. Without a specific timeframe or incident, it's subjective and can vary widely among different communities.'

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 09 Oct 2024, 7:06 pm

I asked it if Julius is really 134.
Julius, the African gray parrot known for being one of the oldest birds in captivity, was born in 1888, making him 134 years old as of 2023. However, it's important to check the latest information, as the status of individual animals can change over time.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 09 Oct 2024, 7:09 pm

That's the problem with AI. It just churns stuff out, parrot fashion.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 09 Oct 2024, 9:00 pm

Tata Tata.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 10 Oct 2024, 7:50 am

Rafist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 11 Oct 2024, 8:24 am

A nice try by Galted and his shark to reinvigorate this thread ; but judging by the last six day's work I am beginning to suspect my ill-advised attempt to stick my head in has effectively killed it : apologies all round Sorry

Of course PJ and Tino (maybe he really was eaten by a bear ?) seem to be missing so perhaps all is not lost yet ...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 11 Oct 2024, 9:20 am

alfie wrote:A nice try by Galted and his shark to reinvigorate this thread ; but judging by the last six day's work I am beginning to suspect my ill-advised attempt to stick my head in has effectively killed it  : apologies all round  Sorry

Of course PJ and Tino (maybe he really was eaten by a bear ?) seem to be missing so perhaps all is not lost yet ...

Rick's the one with the shark, I've got a cat.

Tino often dies but I'm starting to worry about PJ, hope he hasn't been eaten by a wombat.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 11 Oct 2024, 9:58 am

I blame Fonzie for jumping the shark in the first place, so might be Jules's fault.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 11 Oct 2024, 10:39 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:I blame Fonzie for jumping the shark in the first place, so might be Jules's fault.

I wouldn't have jumped it, I'd have used my bat shark repellent spray.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 11 Oct 2024, 12:24 pm

When Winkler literally jumped over a shark in Arrested Development I did a very impressive fake laugh to show that I got the joke. Unfortunately, Galtova didn't ask what the f*ck I was laughing at but I told her anyway.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 11 Oct 2024, 1:19 pm

Galted wrote:When Winkler literally jumped over a shark in Arrested Development I did a very impressive fake laugh to show that I got the joke. Unfortunately, Galtova didn't ask what the f*ck I was laughing at but I told her anyway.

I would've literally p**ed myself laughing, maybe s**t myself in admiration at the same time.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 11 Oct 2024, 1:30 pm

Happy days

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 11 Oct 2024, 1:48 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:When Winkler literally jumped over a shark in Arrested Development I did a very impressive fake laugh to show that I got the joke. Unfortunately, Galtova didn't ask what the f*ck I was laughing at but I told her anyway.

I would've literally p**ed myself laughing, maybe s**t myself in admiration at the same time.

Mega LOOOOLZ.

I tell you, I wasn't far off ROFL and LMFAO myself!!!!!!

Galted
Galted
Galted

rIck_dAgless likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 11 Oct 2024, 1:53 pm

Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

Mega LOOOOLZ.

Understandable, mate PMSL.

Did you lot get the Northern Lights darn sarf? Or is the clue indeed in the name?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 11 Oct 2024, 1:55 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

Mega LOOOOLZ.

Did you lot get the Northern Lights darn sarf?  Or is the clue indeed in the name?

Saw them overhead in the Middle-lands. In all seriousness, it was pretty amazing.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 11 Oct 2024, 2:05 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

Mega LOOOOLZ.

Did you lot get the Northern Lights darn sarf?  Or is the clue indeed in the name?

Saw them overhead in the Middle-lands. In all seriousness, it was pretty amazing.

Nice, it was quite the sight up here.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 11 Oct 2024, 2:57 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

Mega LOOOOLZ.

Apparently, though not sure how much is visible to the naked eye and how much needs iPhone help.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 12 Oct 2024, 8:11 am

Galted wrote:
alfie wrote:A nice try by Galted and his shark to reinvigorate this thread ; but judging by the last six day's work I am beginning to suspect my ill-advised attempt to stick my head in has effectively killed it  : apologies all round  Sorry

Tino often dies but I'm starting to worry about PJ, hope he hasn't been eaten by a wombat.

I did get cornered in the garden but I managed to negotiate my release with the offer of some old carrots... which I just happened to have in my pockets at the time.
I was warned, however, to make sure I brought fresh broccoli next time... or else.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sun 13 Oct 2024, 9:54 am

Unfortunately they don't get much of a chance to see the Northern lights down South because they have working street lights

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sun 13 Oct 2024, 7:50 pm

lostinwales wrote:Unfortunately they don't get much of a chance to see the Northern lights down South because they have working street lights

L*l.

I've become quite the fan of electricity since coming sarf. Just don't like the people, the climate, the food or the fact people use a toilet rather than taking a p*ss in their sink.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun 13 Oct 2024, 10:39 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:

I did get cornered in the garden but I managed to negotiate my release with the offer of some old carrots... which I just happened to have in my pockets at the time.
I was warned, however, to make sure I brought fresh broccoli next time... or else.

Bit disturbing, I think PJ's mind's been taken over by a Ophiocordyceps unilateralis. This one likes broccoli.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun 13 Oct 2024, 10:41 pm

lostinwales wrote:Unfortunately they don't get much of a chance to see the Northern lights down South because they have working street lights

I'd be a bit wary about comments like that, as much fun as it is to mock the backward ways and primitive shoes of the men of the north, a lot of them are shamens and serial killers.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun 13 Oct 2024, 10:44 pm

L*l.

I've become quite the fan of electricity since coming sarf. Just don't like the people, the climate, the food or the fact people use a toilet rather than taking a p*ss in their sink.

Not sure if I ever mentioned my Scottish landlord of a couple of decades ago vomiting his Tennents Super into the sink and then passing out.  He went apesh*t a couple of days later because no-one would touch the dirty dishes.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 14 Oct 2024, 5:46 am

Galted wrote:

L*l.

Not sure if I ever mentioned my Scottish landlord of a couple of decades ago vomiting his Tennents Super into the sink and then passing out.  He went apesh*t a couple of days later because no-one would touch the dirty dishes.

Fist I've heard of it.

Did he drop by your place (your sink) or were you visiting his place (his sink)? Hope it's not the first one.
Would have been awful having his body lying almost lifeless on your kitchen floor and then having to step over him when you needed to dump more plates into the sink.

p.s.
That Ophiocordyceps unilateralis thing is pretty opportunistic, isn't it? At least the ant won't get so wet when it rains.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Oct 2024, 9:44 am

Galted wrote:

L*l.

The Scots are just awful. They make Men of the Noth look cultured. GRR Martin knew what he was doing when he used the Scots as inspiration for the wildlings.

The sooner Alex Salmond pushes through their independence, the better.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Yesterday at 8:26 am

Really? Of all the sh*t on here, it was one Alex Salmond joke that made you all find your moral compass. What a bunch of c*nts. Other than riCK.

I might as well die again.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Yesterday at 9:23 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Really? Of all the sh*t on here, it was one Alex Salmond joke that made you all find your moral compass. What a bunch of c*nts. Other than riCK.

You had me at 'the Scots are just awful'.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Yesterday at 10:28 am

Galted wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Really? Of all the sh*t on here, it was one Alex Salmond joke that made you all find your moral compass. What a bunch of c*nts. Other than riCK.

You had me at 'the Scots are just awful'.

Thanks, Galted. Feel a little better now.

Just realised I typed Noth rather than North. Explains why Jules has died.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Yesterday at 10:57 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:The sooner Alex Salmond pushes through their independence, the better.

Salmond was always swimming upstream on that one.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next