The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tweets v2

+9
Good Golly I'm Olly
President Trump
x12x
Former TAW Champion
Jackson Black
Marky
JJJohnson
Bentyf1
Uryu Ishida
13 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Tweets v2 - Page 5 Empty Tweets v2

Post by Uryu Ishida Sun 11 Feb 2024, 3:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

@Uryu Ishida

@WrestlingInsider how many times has Dustin told you about promoting his old gimmicks to different companies?

Uryu Ishida

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Tweets v2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Tweets v2

Post by x12x Sat 22 Jun 2024, 5:15 pm

Bentyf1 wrote:@EddyKent Following 319 Followers 1.9m

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I can confirm this is how you clean a world title belt. Something the likes of @ScottHarris @LiamWood @DanielReilly @PercyPercival and @Acer would know very little about.

@liamwood: hi, Liam Wood here three time world champion, thanks for the advice. Quick question, when are you going to get your own personality and not rely on TikTok to give you one?

x12x

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Sat 22 Jun 2024, 5:20 pm

I can confirm this is how you clean a world title belt. Something the likes of @ScottHarris @LiamWood @DanielReilly @PercyPercival and @Acer would know very little about.

@ScottHarris

I don't know who you're talking about @EddyKent? I'm Scott Harris, Certified Broker. I think you meant @TheSharpshooter?

DP

Marky and Bentyf1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Sat 22 Jun 2024, 5:37 pm

x12x wrote:

@liamwood: hi, Liam Wood here three time world champion, thanks for the advice. Quick question, when are you going to get your own personality and not rely on TikTok to give you one?
@EddyKent Following 319 Followers 1.9m

Sorry @LiamWood EWF doesn’t really stack up to someone as good as me. Still, it preps you for being second best to me at tweeting and wrestling!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sat 22 Jun 2024, 7:12 pm

Bentyf1 wrote:
x12x wrote:

@EddyKent Following 319 Followers 1.9m

Sorry @LiamWood EWF doesn’t really stack up to someone as good as me. Still, it preps you for being second best to me at tweeting and wrestling!

@liamwood: I guess I’ll just have to take your title off you then to make it really count

x12x

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Sat 22 Jun 2024, 7:29 pm

@EddyKent following 320 Followers 1.9m

@liamwood

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 28 Jun 2024, 1:46 pm

@LiamWood: just remember @eddykent without the shoulders of giants to stand on you'll never truly be able to see the top of the mountain #timeisrunningout

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 28 Jun 2024, 2:37 pm

x12x wrote:@LiamWood: just remember @eddykent without the shoulders of giants to stand on you'll never truly be able to see the top of the mountain #timeisrunningout

@ElAustraliano

@liamwood That's a nice poem mate.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 28 Jun 2024, 6:52 pm

Marky wrote:
x12x wrote:@LiamWood: just remember @eddykent without the shoulders of giants to stand on you'll never truly be able to see the top of the mountain #timeisrunningout

@ElAustraliano

@liamwood: you don't strike me as a fan of poems...the only thing you normally read are the sexts from Eddy right?

x12x

acer101 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Sat 29 Jun 2024, 8:02 pm

@EddyKent Following 320 Followers 1.9m

Arlington Texas, Daddy is coming. And I'm going to crush some dreams. I always win. @6CWF #Inevitable #EndGameBoss #DaddyWins #Genesis #TheHour

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Sun 30 Jun 2024, 6:56 am

@EddyKent Following 320 Followers 1.9m

I have that aura. No words needed. #ScarsandStripes #Genesis #Inevitable #Daddywins

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 30 Jun 2024, 8:12 am

Bentyf1 wrote:@EddyKent Following 320 Followers 1.9m

I have that aura. No words needed. #ScarsandStripes #Genesis #Inevitable #Daddywins

@liamwood: I wish that was true and you'd shut the hell up

x12x

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 01 Jul 2024, 10:39 am

x12x wrote:
Marky wrote:

@ElAustraliano

@liamwood: you don't strike me as a fan of poems...the only thing you normally read are the sexts from Eddy right?

@ElAustraliano

@liamwood I look forward to reading how you blew another chance to become 6WF World Champion.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sat 06 Jul 2024, 1:09 pm

@liamwood: You look forward to reading? Lets hope they include enough pictures to stop you from getting distracted @ElAustraliano

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 08 Jul 2024, 11:41 am

x12x wrote:@liamwood: You look forward to reading? Lets hope they include enough pictures to stop you from getting distracted @ElAustraliano

@ElAustraliano

@liamwood Hopefully they include a dot-to-dot picture which shows you looking devastated.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 08 Jul 2024, 3:07 pm

Marky wrote:
x12x wrote:@liamwood: You look forward to reading? Lets hope they include enough pictures to stop you from getting distracted @ElAustraliano

@ElAustraliano

@liamwood Hopefully they include a dot-to-dot picture which shows you looking devastated.

@liamwood: you going to have someone help you finish it? I hope @eddyKent has bought you a nice new set of crayons.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 08 Jul 2024, 3:11 pm

x12x wrote:
Marky wrote:

@ElAustraliano

@liamwood: you going to have someone help you finish it? I hope @eddyKent has bought you a nice new set of crayons.

@ElAustraliano

Yes @liamwood. Green is my favourite flavour of crayon.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Sun 14 Jul 2024, 10:38 am

@WrestlingInsider

Couple of interesting facts heading into Scars & Stripes:

Edward Plague has been the 6CW Champion for 127 days - the average length of reign for a 6CW Champion since its inception in 2008 is 133.9 days - Is Plague's reign in jeopardy?

In his favour - The last 10 6CW Champions have an average reign of 173 days so he could have some time on the throne as of yet. Still some way to go to break Joshua's record of 383 days as champion.

As for Eddy Kent - He has already smashed the record reign for a 6WF Champion. The hall of famer TGA reigned for 175 days in 2008 whereas Eddy Kent is celebrating his 315 day with the gold. That is astronomical. Kent has now spent 408 days cumulatively as 6WF Champion (2 reigns) and beats Crime Lord's record of (3 reigns for 373 days). Kent is very much in the conversation for the greatest 6WF Champion in history.

The average reign for a 6WF Champion since it's beginning in 2007 is 101 days and the average reign for the last ten champions is 121. Eddy Kent is breaking all records when it comes to this prestigious championship.

This doesn't take into account other iterations of world titles that have been defended in both companies (TAW & EWF primarily). Vincent Costello's 400 day reign as EWF Champion still sets him apart from all others whilst Cassius Zhi's 148 day reign as TAW Champion is the record for that particular belt.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Sun 14 Jul 2024, 12:00 pm

@EddyKent Following 400 Followers 1.9m

Arlington, Texas. Daddy has arrived. History making. Dream crushing. Inevitable. @6CWF #TheHour #DaddyWins #EndGameBoss #Genesis #TheInevitableOne

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 14 Jul 2024, 10:18 pm

@liamwood: I know England fans are disappointed but I hope me putting my knee through @eddykent's nose at Scars And Stripes will cheer them up

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 15 Jul 2024, 9:10 am

x12x wrote:@liamwood: I know England fans are disappointed but I hope me putting my knee through @eddykent's nose at Scars And Stripes will cheer them up

@ElAustraliano

Hey @liamwood, I've got another poem for you.

"It's not coming home
It's not coming home
Just like England
It's not coming home"

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 15 Jul 2024, 9:26 am

@WrestlingInsider

JJ Johnson has been addressing the media in the build-up to Scars & Stripes and he revealed two interesting pieces of information in regards to 6CWF:

The first pertains to Daniel Reilly - 6CWF has exercised a clause in his contract which automatically extends it by two months (something placed in all talent's contracts to allow for negotiations) and we can now reveal the exact date for Reilly's expiration is 17th November 2024. What is interesting about that is Born in Fire is the 16th November. How will this factor in to the fructuous relationship between Reilly & 6CWF remains to be seen. 6CWF is obviously concerned about the prospect of Reilly leaving the company after winning the world title. This, at the very least, allows them a little more time to reach a compromise.

The second announcement is a huge opportunity and incentive to all on the roster - 6CWF & VIP Promotions are offering bonuses for certain achievements.

JJ has announced that the first superstar to reach 100 6CWF victories (we are in the middle of compiling a list) will earn £250k. He has also announced £100k fight of the night bonus for PPVs and an astonishing £1 million for any champion who can successfully defend their belt ten times. Eddy Kent is the current frontrunner with 5 whilst Dicey Reilly has already racked up 4 in a month.

It is likely we will see this translate into what we see in the ring this weekend and going forward for the company. They certainly want to see non-stop action from their talent.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1, DanielReilly and acer101 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 9:00 am

@WrestlingInsider

Talent have been arriving at the AT&T stadium all morning. The vibe in camp is extremely positive and there are those proclaiming that 6CWF has never been in a better place. The fan zones set-up have been buzzing since the early hours and Texas have certainly showed out for the Scars & Stripes.

Eddy Kent & Rex Adamson did arrive together on the Genesis Express (potentially indicating their alliance is restored) whilst Emmy arrived alongside Liam Wood and they did plenty of media duties.

The set for Scars and Stripes is more minimal in terms of no stage ramp but just a giant entranceway. This was a purposeful decision to allow more fans in. 6CWF is expecting 85k tonight which will surpass either night of Night of Glory.

The decision to go with Dicey Reilly/Enforcer in the opener is down to Dicey's popularity and the massive Irish contingent that attends every show. JJ Johnson doesn't believe in "card positioning" in the traditional sense and it does not represent a superstar's standing in the company whatsoever. Dicey is seen and treated as a legend who could occupy any spot on the bill and do big numbers. 6CWF is extremely confident that the European Championship is the perfect way to kick off the show.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 9:42 am

@WrestlingInsider

Not sure if there is a more universally loved superstar in 6CWF than Dicey Reilly. It was a standing ovation as the European Champion arrived backstage following his match with Enforcer. 6CWF Management continue to be impressed with Dicey's level of performance since returning and that shows in their faith to put the title on him in the first place.

Enforcer received plaudits for his performance as well but there is an uncertainty as to his future with the company going forward. Management wants to keep him but Big E is unsure if he can commit to the schedule that is being asked of him. There will discussions in the coming week, potentially even something part-time?

It was nailed on that 6CWF wanted to book Anthony Grace vs Enforcer at Beachfront Brawl (seven years on from their original clash) but Grace is still away filming and Enforcer's status is now up in the air. This could go down as a big "What If" for the company, unfortunately.

As for the segment shot between Dicey Reilly/Perfect Jack - 6CWF is clearly high on this future clash (they have shown them together on camera three times now). The history dates way back to original 6CW but also the fact they were tag team champions together. Perfect Jack's new darker persona is said to be a hit backstage and this could be the kind of match they book to draw big numbers.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

President Trump likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 9:50 am

@WrestlingInsider

Geoff Steel's portrayal on camera is down to the fact that 6CWF sees him as a flag bearer of the company. Whilst Steel may not, currently, be in the main event he is viewed as one of the very best and reliable stars on the payroll. Steel was featured heavily in the 2023-2024 season but came up short in the majority of his high profile battles. The fact he didn't complain once and was happy to do business to get others over has bought him a lot of support.

Bringing back the Xtreme division was seen as a gamble but putting Steel at the forefront has paid dividends. Not only is it a lucrative piece of business but having Steel as the champion has really raised his stock with all partners (Amazon included).

As for the segment involving JJ/The Saint arriving at the building - There was, deliberately, a sense of JJ's nostalgia. JJ Johnson is still running the company (off camera) but was desperate to showcase himself as a competitor in the 2024-2025 season. The idea was that JJ would work with plenty of the talent on the roster and that they would benefit from the rub. Those who work with JJ day in and day out say that he is still in phenomenal physical shape and could easily carry the top prizes but is unlikely to do so due to his ownership (at the risk of alienating talent).

There has been some internal discussion that Night of Glory XI could be JJ's last match for the company so there's a chance the segment with The Saint was hinting at this.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 10:31 am

@WrestlingInsider

As has been reported in the "rumour mill" for some time, it is expected that Marty Helms is finishing up with the company once again. Helms is a big part of the 6CWF roster and has been presented as such for nearly a decade but the two parties (6CWF & Helms) don't seem to see eye to eye on what his role should be. It is disappointing for many because Helms is seen as an asset but VIP are making conscious strides to move away from those who they don't believe have the company's best interests at heart.

Yet another "hinting" segment was aired involved JJ, Saint & Acer. The JJ/Acer animosity is definitely an undercurrent although there is no definitive plans right now to initiate a feud. 6CWF is more playing into the vibe that Acer's "desperation" to become world champion is affecting his mental state. Acer will not be turning heel (despite rumours) but the impression that is wanted on camera is that he will do whatever it takes to get to the top, especially given his two best friends have already achieved this multiple times. It is said that the Edge character of '04 (before the full blown heel turn) is the source of inspiration for parts of what we are seeing from Acer.

As for the GazzyD segment - The clamour inside the arenas to see Gazzy turn face again is becoming impossible for 6CWF management to ignore. We are talking one of the biggest merch sells and a prize asset. Every time Gazzy appears on screen or in-ring he is receiving extremely positive reactions.

This is the third time that Gazzy has been presented in a heelish manner (2011 with Genesis, 2017-2018 with Plague and now) it is worth noting that each and every time this has happened it is fan's reactions to him which has forced the booking team to re-evaluate.

The idea was to literally push Gazzy to rock-bottom and become almost slave-like to Plague's demands but it is unknown if the trigger will be pulled on this. We can see Gazzy is being presented in a way where he is almost an emotional prisoner (Plague has his family hostage) and he is being forced into wars that are not his (the upcoming match with Logan) but he still has some kind of control. Will he surrender to Plague completely? 6CWF wants to create compelling television but they are also, naturally, business minded. GazzyD being a face is a massive money maker.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 12:12 pm

@WrestlingInsider

The booking of JJ Johnson/The Saint as the first tag team champs was seen as a "no brainer" from the company. The star power is huge and it immediately puts the belts up in the spotlight. The idea when the belts were reintroduced was that 6CWF wanted them presented at "main event level" and that is exactly what you get with The Coalition. The feeling has been over the years that the tag belts sometimes slip down into a state of "who really cares" and it was paramount that this didn't happen. The idea is that when 6WF booked The Church of Hero vs Max & Paddy vs Cassius Zhi/The Saint in the main event of their Survival PPV in February 2011 - that was seen as the pinnacle and now the company wants to surpass that.

Internally there been discussions of closing future PPVs with the belts so it is definitely worth watching this space on that front - Given that right now you could conceivably have JJ/The Saint, Eddy Kent/Rex Adamson, Blue Dragon/Logan Kincade & Edward Plague/GazzyD readily available as teams that gives 6CWF some huge scope.

Will there be any grumbles of a power play? Absolutely not. JJ Johnson is seen as a "great leader" and morale has never been higher. This isn't a man flexing creative control to put himself over others but instead enhancing a revitalised division in a bid to elevate it to where it needs to be. As reported before there are people within the company championing JJ for another world title run but as of right now Johnson has categorically ruled that out. It is worth noting that JJ Johnson's creative run in charge of the company has never ended with a world title run (he dropped the belt every time he took any kind of backstage control) and that sets him apart from the vast majority who either did give themselves a world title or shoehorned their way in at main event level when it was seen as unjustified.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 12:17 pm

@WrestlingInsider

The Logan Kincade segment was a big play from 6CWF to get across the fragility of Logan's mind and really set the wheels in motion for one of their biggest stories of the 2024-2025 season.

Kincade is viewed as "money" and we have previously reported that JJ Johnson made it a priority last May to ensure he was enticed back to the company. 6CWF is fully aware that wherever they put Logan on the card he is going to draw figures but they want to maximise him. The feeling is that he was elevated to a great height during his 6WF run but for whatever reason they hit a ceiling. This time they want to smash through that ceiling.

They are deliberately keeping it vague as to where Logan may turn - hence the involvement of Damien Andrews, Blue Dragon and Edward Plague in the segment. It's a work that 6CWF has been plotting and working alongside some of the very best TV writers to ensure it hits the spot. Kincade's segments have been doing big numbers on Amazon Prime so it seems whatever they are doing is working.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 17 Jul 2024, 12:20 pm

JJJohnson wrote:@WrestlingInsider

The booking of JJ Johnson/The Saint as the first tag team champs was seen as a "no brainer" from the company. The star power is huge and it immediately puts the belts up in the spotlight. The idea when the belts were reintroduced was that 6CWF wanted them presented at "main event level" and that is exactly what you get with The Coalition. The feeling has been over the years that the tag belts sometimes slip down into a state of "who really cares" and it was paramount that this didn't happen. The idea is that when 6WF booked The Church of Hero vs Max & Paddy vs Cassius Zhi/The Saint in the main event of their Survival PPV in February 2011 - that was seen as the pinnacle and now the company wants to surpass that.

Internally there been discussions of closing future PPVs with the belts so it is definitely worth watching this space on that front - Given that right now you could conceivably have JJ/The Saint, Eddy Kent/Rex Adamson, Blue Dragon/Logan Kincade & Edward Plague/GazzyD readily available as teams that gives 6CWF some huge scope.

Will there be any grumbles of a power play? Absolutely not. JJ Johnson is seen as a "great leader" and morale has never been higher. This isn't a man flexing creative control to put himself over others but instead enhancing a revitalised division in a bid to elevate it to where it needs to be. As reported before there are people within the company championing JJ for another world title run but as of right now Johnson has categorically ruled that out. It is worth noting that JJ Johnson's creative run in charge of the company has never ended with a world title run (he dropped the belt every time he took any kind of backstage control) and that sets him apart from the vast majority who either did give themselves a world title or shoehorned their way in at main event level when it was seen as unjustified.

@MaxAdamson

Those people make me sick.

Marky

JJJohnson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 12:24 pm

@WrestlingInsider

Just another quick note on the status of The Wolf Gang - They are still with the company and given their portrayal tonight it is clear that 6CWF would like to keep them. But there is no doubts Reborn's head has been turned by speculation with other companies and his growing status in Hollywood.

6CWF would love to book the JJ Johnson vs Robin Reborn match for Beachfront Brawl but chances are now that will be delayed - talks have taken place about a Born in Fire showdown now instead. JJ is more than happy to do it and there are high hopes it will draw big but it is said "the ball is very much in Reborn's court now".

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 12:25 pm

Marky wrote:

@MaxAdamson

Those people make me sick.

@ WrestlingInsider

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Max's 6WE reign was fully justified....as I have said if it is to "enhance" then it's all good. You were just getting the company off the mark Laugh

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 12:56 pm

@WrestlingInsider

The vibe backstage following the "Ambulance Match" is fever pitch. Management wanted violence and that is exactly what they got. Pitting GazzyD & Logan together was nailed on after their showdowns during the "Hell in a Cell" match at Night of Glory X and the results have certainly delivered. This was once again a real "pat on the back" moment for management because Logan Kincade has come out of this at superstar level. The final shot of him standing on the ambulance was made on the fly by the camera crew and there is every expectation this will be used in production videos for years to come.

One insider told us "You want a star? Put them in with Gazzy and he'll make them shine". This reiterates management's belief in GazzyD as a top level performer. Since JJ Johnson got involved in the booking aspect of pro wrestling he has always maintained that GazzyD is someone he would trust with any storyline and the proof is in the pudding. Genesis, Max Adamson, Uryu Ishida and now Logan Kincade (amongst many others) have shown what can happen working a program with the Hall of Famer.

It is still deliberate that we don't know exactly where Logan's mind is at and don't expect to receive all the answers here tonight because as have already pointed out this is expected to be one of 6CWF's leading storylines for the entire season.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 1:11 pm

@WrestlingInsider

Uryu Ishida talking about Edward Plague and being involved in the ambulance segment is not coincidence (Very little is when it comes to on-screen teasers). 6CWF still sees Uryu as very much a part of this storyline and he isn't expected to move away from it full-term. The feud with Perfect Jack has drawn plaudits because nobody knew what to expect but it isn't seen as Uryu's "story" heading deep into the summer.

It has been mentioned that Uryu is currently on a losing streak (his worst since 6CWF re-opened) and again this is not meaningless. It is all part of the plot and storyline that has been designed to get to the endgame. Uryu being affected, even remotely, by Plague's "poison" is akin to the idea that anyone who befell "The Fiend" in WWE was either "hurt or healed" by the gloves he wore.

Uryu is a true veteran and highly thought of backstage, nobody has worked harder to improve, and management wants to reward that by keeping him involved in engaging storylines.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 1:19 pm

@WrestlingInsider

The Blue Dragon/Damien Andrews segment is very interesting.

Obviously the storylines of the past would dictate an Andrews/Logan alliance against Blue Dragon but 6CWF management wants to explore different avenues to what we have seen previously. Whilst it would appear that Logan is sinking into the darkness there is no definitive that he ends up siding with his father. There are some serious inspiration taken from TV series such as The Sopranos, Kin & Gomorrah in terms of layering this family feud to protect it from "predictability".

Blue Dragon, like his brother, is seen as "integral" to the company's plans in the 2024-2025 season. On-screen we have seen the JJ/Blue Dragon animosity but in reality this is far from the truth. JJ sees Dragon as someone with whom he can put 6CWF's needs on his shoulders. The feud with Geoff Steel last year demonstrated why the company sees him in such high esteem and that is why he is presented as such when on television.

Damien Andrews being introduced as the Co-GM was another facet of the story that 6CWF wanted to explore instead of the usual "manager/valet" type approach. The idea that Andrews now has "power" gives him a different edge and will be something that is delved into deeper going forward.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 1:30 pm

@WrestlingInsider

Uryu's fans at ringside were vocal about their hero taking another L but, as we have already reported, this is all storyline based. Uryu is not being "buried" or "punished"...on the contrary he is in line for a "giant" match at Beachfront Brawl.

As for Perfect Jack - The W was seen a necessity in order to push the new persona and also get PJ over for future programs. It is, of course, highly expected that we see Dicey Reilly vs Perfect Jack at some point in the near future so the company wasn't willing to book Jack in that kind of feud if he was coming in to it off the back of a loss.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 1:40 pm

@WrestlingInsider

The upcoming ladder match between Rex Adamson & Chris Patricks is being billed, internally, as "the first main event". We have detailed before at length that Rex Adamson is the "future" of the company and there is not one person who disagrees. Rex is a pleasure to be around backstage and is always seeking the advice of the veterans in how to improve both in-ring and on the mic. He already carries himself as a star, which is startling at 19, and his performance have left 20 year veterans open-mouthed on more than one occasion.

Chris Patricks is seen as the kind of guy who can help Rex in so many ways to develop his craft. Patricks flies under the radar of many but he is absolutely loved by JJ Johnson and his staff. They see Patricks as "invaluable" to this company which is crazy to think he came back on a rolling month contract just to play his part in the Genesis-Max storyline.

It is interesting to note, as well, in recent weeks it has been teased that Patricks could ally himself with Damien Andrews. Would this be a heel-turn? Nobody knows for sure but Patricks can play that part if required. That is another reason JJ Johnson's values CP so much because of his ability to go bat for the company it whatever role is required. JJ believes Patricks has never really "gotten his flowers" despite being a part of some of the biggest storylines and he wants to change that perception and make sure he is aware how much the company thinks of him.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 2:16 pm

@WrestlingInsider

How do you capture lightning in a bottle? Ask JJ Johnson & VIP Promotions because when Rex Adamson came on screen for his segment with Eddy Kent it was almost impossible to hear yourself think inside of AT&T. Rex is blurring the lines right now between face/heel but he is a megastar in the making either way. There were massive "Cash it in" chants up to the nosebleeds whilst Rex & Kent were interacting.

Both men have played their parts immaculately in this feud and it is testament to their abilities that we still have no idea exactly what is going to happen or when it might go down.

Rex Adamson, however, at 19 has the brightest future ahead and it is believed there is absolutely no ceiling to his rise. This is a kid who they are expecting to see main event pay per view after pay per view, multiple Night of Glory events and, more than likely, become a global crossover attraction. He has the look, the ability and the attitude to go as far as he wants to go. It is said many lessons have been learned from the "Tyson Armstrong saga" when it was a case of "far too much, too soon" and that it blew up in their faces. That is why they haven't pulled the trigger as of yet and why they held off on putting any kind of world title on Rex to this point.

The belief is that when the payoff comes from this storyline there will be absolutely no turning back from the fact that Rex Adamson has arrived in the main event.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 2:32 pm

@WrestlingInsider

Dave Meltzer's d1ck has practically fallen off he's touched himself that much over Rex-Patricks. Shove your seven stars flippy sh*t because these boys just tore the house down.

The finish was deliberately designed for controversy. There will be those who support Patricks' claim that he won whilst others champion Rex. Expect this to play out on TV going forward and will, undoubtedly, feed into storylines toward Beachfront Brawl.

It was a party backstage for Rex & Patricks for their levels of performance. The superlatives being aimed at both are too many to count. JJ Johnson will be feeling vindicated in his decision to put Chris Patricks in this position, he delivered, arguably, the best performance of his career up to this point and made Rex look like a million bucks which was, of course, part of his job description.

Amazon have already been on the phone to praise the viewing numbers....we still have two world title bouts to come and this is tracking to break records.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 2:47 pm

@WrestlingInsider

The big screens inside AT&T have just shown various clips of the contenders involved in "The Hour" arriving throughout the day. Absolutely monstrous receptions for Scott Harris, Acer and Liam Wood (although a few audible boos for the latter, give Tyler Roth's popularity in these parts).

Percy Percival arrived with his congregation and there was a carnival like feel out front that swept inside the stadium with a foundation shaking rendition of "Like a prayer".

Daniel Reilly arrived with Oliver Keane and the cheers soon turned to boos. Reilly is not popular here in Texas but that isn't a reflection of his chances in this match because he has a lot of supporters backstage.

Mike Masters arrived and was also booed by fans in attendance. Masters is currently in discussions with 6CWF about extending his contract but there has been nothing concrete as of this writing.

Below we have the poll results from our fan vote for "The Hour":

Liam Wood - 22%
Eddy Kent - 20%
Daniel Reilly - 19%
Scott Harris - 19%
Acer - 16%
Percy Percival - 3%
Mike Masters - 1%

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 3:09 pm

@WrestlingInsider

Some may view Edward Plague as a "transitional" champion within the company but 6CWF views him as someone who has helped to carry one of their biggest storylines spanning two seasons. It is known that it was a last minute decision to put the 6CW Championship on Plague at "Day of Reckoning" but he was always in the conversation. The fact that he has put himself forward for "Hell in a Cell", "Steel Cage" and "Inferno" matches only adds to his growing stock. Plague has been "mis-managed" in the past but there can be no argument that during this run he has been elevated into the spotlight - a position where he has excelled.

Yes it was his first PPV defence but he did take the W over Blue Dragon & Logan Kincade during a 6CW Championship match on Proving Grounds which was designed to sell his power. Plague is seen as an on-screen character who can retain his "spot" without the need for a title.

The "burning casket" segment at the end could potentially be designed for a hiatus for the Plague character, although nothing is confirmed. Plague himself has been beat up of late, not surprisingly, and a few weeks on the sidelines could be beneficial ahead of what seems to be the inevitable Plague-Gazzy match which is years in the making.

Chatter backstage following this contest is how all involved come out of it looking strong - Blue Dragon is the new world champion and it is well deserved after years of waiting. Dragon is very popular backstage and officials have been clamouring for him to take one of the top straps since he returned to the company. He was initially slated to win the 6CW Championship during the "Gateway to Glory" and defend against Liam Wood at Night of Glory (first reported on this site) but those plans changed due to the "chemistry" between Dragon/Plague/Kincade & Gazzy.

Logan continues his rise and his destruction of Plague asks more questions than it provides answers - Again highlighting the fact we don't know which way he is going to turn. The camerawork, again, was sublime and really teased Logan's paranoia in the background as he watched BD with the title belt and the show of respect with Gazzy. By time we get to Born in Fire (November) expect this storyline to have taken over the centre stage.

Plague - despite losing his world title needed Dragon, Logan and Gazzy's betrayal to dethrone him. He was booked strong and matched Dragon at every juncture of the contest. This again is a deliberate ploy for when Plague returns for his revenge. He will be one of the "Big Evils" of 6CWF.

GazzyD - The fans win again. The pop for when he sat up out of the casket will go down in history. Gazzy is "untouchable" (pardon the pun) and this immediately sets up his next feud when Plague returns. Everyone has been waiting for the real showdown between these two men.....whether it is Beachfront Brawl or Born in Fire we don't yet know but it'll do huge numbers when it happens.

Was "Kristian" the follower Christy James? We don't know but that is certainly the talk of the rumour mill on the internet. Also worth noting that Gazzy came down with the other hooded "followers" and during the brawl between Logan/Dragon/Plague was when he got inside the casket. Some eagle eyed viewers at ringside spotted it but nobody said anything. 6CWF wanted a huge shocker moment and they got it.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 4:29 pm

@WrestlingInsider

Needless to say the Rex Adamson/Eddy Kent segment brought AT&T to a standstill. When Rex was pictured holding the 6WF Championship belt the very foundations of the stadium shook. Will 6CWF pull the trigger tonight? There is absolutely no doubt they would get the pop in Texas but is this the right time? JJ Johnson and co. have a big decision to make in the coming hour.

That being said - Isn't Eddy Kent just the perfect bad guy? He's crossed over now to that realm of being the villain that so many love. Kent and Genesis are the perfect fit and nobody could ever have envisioned how well Kent/Rex would gel. This story has truly captured the magic of professional wrestling. If Rex does choose to cash-in on Kent it'll be one of the biggest moments ever.

Very intriguing promo that aired with Blue Dragon/Damien Andrews. Chris Patricks hovering did not go unnoticed and expect any CP/Andrews alliance to develop on "Aftermath" (it will certainly tie in with the controversy of the ladder match). Andrews almost trying to "belittle" Dragon following the biggest win of his career was clearly an attempt at a powerplay. Logan Kincade's absence was also noteworthy. It is clear to see why 6CWF has such high hopes for this complex storyline.

Finally it is time for "The Hour". That snapshot of all competitors getting ready is all 6CWF feels was needed. They have hyped this match through the roof in the last month and being a brand new concept they know the fans are going to love it. The decision was made to give all attention to the rest of the card because these seven men are literally getting a whole hour to showcase themselves in the main event.

6CWF obviously has massive faith in Eddy Kent as champion (record breaking) but Liam Wood is also their guy and his presentation proves that. It has been over seven years since Wood held a world title and management acknowledge that he is a major star that should be in the main event. However, there have been discussions about whether now is the right time?

We can confirm that 6CWF Management have changed their minds on tonight's main event four times this week with four different winners discussed - this is the level we are at and how valued these stars are. We know Scott Harris is loved backstage (arguably superstar of 2023-2024) and it seems inevitable he will hold championship gold sooner rather than later. Acer, however, is another with a lot of support (his best friend runs the company) and officials are delighted with how he carries himself since returning full-time to the company. Will this come a step too soon for him? We don't know but he has supporters so it isn't beyond the realms.

Daniel Reilly is, of course, the wild card. We know his contract status (extension until November) and as of yet 6CWF cannot agree terms with him. Do they put the belt on him and risk him walking out? Or do they stall and potentially lose him anyway?

The other factor is, naturally, Rex Adamson - 6CWF is confident in Rex and they believe he can go. His match with Liam Wood at Night of Glory is also giving them pause for thought because it was so good they'd love to run it again....do you run that match with a world title or not? Wood-Rex is a money maker for the company. Eddy Kent, however, has made money hand over fist and Genesis merch sells by the bucket load.

One source told us that they wouldn't be surprised if JJ Johnson has "three or four finishes in mind" and that potentially he may not fully decide until he sees everything playing out live.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 17 Jul 2024, 6:02 pm

@ElAustraliano

Chris Patricks couldn't get the win over me with a stacked deck and no interference. All of his eggs in one basket, and still choked. Send Joyce my regards.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 6:53 pm

@WrestlingInsider

Notes on the main event:

6CWF deliberately changed Rex Adamson's theme to "Tobey" without notifying anyone, including Eddy Kent. This was to maximise the moment Rex walked out....Kent's look of shock was legit and was exactly what they were hoping the payoff would be.

Miss Jessica aligning with Genesis has been in the pipelines for well over a decade. The original idea was to put her back together with Lex Hart during the original run but 6CW closed down for a spell and the plan was shelved. Given Jessica's recent history with Liam Wood/Emmy it was seen as the perfect opportunity to revisit that plan. 6CWF has big faith in the Wood/Genesis storyline and adding Jessica into that is almost a seal of approval.

Jessica's stock is always sky high, everyone knows she is a tremendous work and adds depth to storylines. Eddy Kent & Jessica together is seen as a great fit. The Mummy & Daddy of Genesis?

It was only decided last minute to keep the strap on Kent. It was practically a 51/49 split between he and Wood. Wood as the chasing party, however, is seen as a great way to sell PPVs. Rex Adamson was never in line to cash in tonight. It was only because the live crowd was so vocal that it seemed a possibility.

The timekeeper, Allie Thomposon, was actually the one who put herself forward for the Acer punch "bump". Allie is beloved by the 6CWF family and she was very keen to be involved. Acer was immediately over to her backstage to ensure she was ok but she was laughing and smiling....even joking about a match going forward.

In regards to Acer - the whole phase of the match involving himself Daniel Reilly & Scott Harris was designed to put all three men on an even keel. We don't know the exact plan behind this but it was said coming out of the show that we would have Rex/Kent/Wood on one level and we would have Reilly/Harris/Acer on another. Is that building for a match? We don't have concrete plans but there is certainly something in the offing there considering the time it was given on-screen. Harris, Reilly and Acer are top talents so we wouldn't be surprised to see 6CWF build something around what we saw.

"The Hour" match is seen as a great success. The fans were invested throughout and all seven men involved received glowing praise backstage. Amazon executives were also sending congratulatory messages through to Gorilla. It is very likely that this will become a staple of the calendar.

Overall 6CWF is beyond delighted with the show they have put on. The Texas crowd played their part and certainly went home happy. The early numbers from Amazon are extremely positive and JJ Johnson & VIP Promotions have a big "thank you" planned for all the talent after their efforts.

It was said that this show was about showcasing the "phenomenal roster that we have" and cutting away any remaining deadwood. 6CWF is fully aware that their numbers aren't stacked like in the olden days in terms of depth but they know their quality is higher than ever before. That is shown from match one on the card to the main event. Go back through history and you'll see a clear difference between the opening matches and those closing but that isn't the case anymore. 6CWF knows they have "main eventers" up and down the card so they are overjoyed with the standards throughout the duration of their shows.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Thu 18 Jul 2024, 6:58 am

@EddyKent Following 500 Followers 1.9m

Genesis has a mami @ImMissJessica I told you all, daddy always has a plan and daddy always wins. You’ll never see these levels again. @6CWF #TheHour #Inevitable #DaddyWins #EndGameBoss #Genesis #GodMode

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Thu 18 Jul 2024, 7:45 am

It’s lonely at the top. I am inevitable. #TheInevitableOne #DaddyEra #Genesis

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Thu 18 Jul 2024, 7:45 pm

@FranchiseInitiative

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1, x12x and DanielReilly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Fri 19 Jul 2024, 2:56 pm

@WrestlingInsider

An interesting development this afternoon is that we have been made aware that JJ Johnson & VIP Promotions have acquired the rights to TAW and EWF. These companies/territories were affiliated with 6WF and 6CW, respectively, but were not made available to buy during the initial deal last May.

This gives VIP ownership over the entire back catalogue for each of these promotions, all the rights and trademarks affiliated with them.

We don’t yet know if there is a bigger reason behind this deal (it could just be JJ ensuring the fans have access to all the old content through Amazon Prime) but, naturally, it has started quite a stir online.

Cerberus was the last man to hold the EWF Championship (2018) whilst the TAW Championship was merged with the 6WF Championship at Survival 2014 when Eddy Kent (the last TAW Champ) emerged as Undisputed Champion.

More news as we have it

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 19 Jul 2024, 5:25 pm

An interesting development this afternoon is that we have been made aware that JJ Johnson & VIP Promotions have acquired the rights to TAW and EWF. These companies/territories were affiliated with 6WF and 6CW, respectively, but were not made available to buy during the initial deal last May.

This gives VIP ownership over the entire back catalogue for each of these promotions, all the rights and trademarks affiliated with them.

We don’t yet know if there is a bigger reason behind this deal (it could just be JJ ensuring the fans have access to all the old content through Amazon Prime) but, naturally, it has started quite a stir online.

Cerberus was the last man to hold the EWF Championship (2018) whilst the TAW Championship was merged with the 6WF Championship at Survival 2014 when Eddy Kent (the last TAW Champ) emerged as Undisputed Champion.

More news as we have it

@MaxAdamson

Basically we're gonna have enough World Titles for everyone to have one each, to cut down on the backstage bitchiness

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Sat 20 Jul 2024, 1:04 pm

@WrestlingInsider

6CWF Officials believed that they had locked in the entire card for Beachfront Brawl XI but it seems they may be heading in a completely different direction altogether.

The show is set to air from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as part of Riyadh Season and given the lucrativeness of the deal in place 6CWF feel it is imperative to go with a main event of huge significance.

The roster is littered with star power, no doubt, but management wanted a match that has never been seen/done before because that will be the major selling point of the event. It is safe to say that rumoured main event will cause quite a stir but is certain to boost viewing figures through the roof.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sat 20 Jul 2024, 8:43 pm

6CWF Officials believed that they had locked in the entire card for Beachfront Brawl XI but it seems they may be heading in a completely different direction altogether.

The show is set to air from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as part of Riyadh Season and given the lucrativeness of the deal in place 6CWF feel it is imperative to go with a main event of huge significance.

The roster is littered with star power, no doubt, but management wanted a match that has never been seen/done before because that will be the major selling point of the event. It is safe to say that rumoured main event will cause quite a stir but is certain to boost viewing figures through the roof.

@liamwood: If the main event isn't me getting my revenge on @eddyKent I'm going to raise hell

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Sun 21 Jul 2024, 7:24 am

@6CWF LONDON. Daddy is coming. The son @ElAustraliano and I are taking it all on Thursday. We want ALL the gold. You won't see these levels ever again. #Genesis #Daddyshome #Inevitable #Historymaking

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next