The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Political round up.............

+22
No name Bertie
MrInvisible
Pr4wn
the-goon
Derek Smalls
dummy_half
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
king_carlos
JDizzle
superflyweight
Luckless Pedestrian
Pebbles
Soul Requiem
mountain man
TRUSSMAN66
Samo
lostinwales
Lowlandbrit
GSC
navyblueshorts
Duty281
26 posters

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Political round up............. - Page 16 Empty Political round up.............

Post by Duty281 Fri 01 Mar 2024, 7:58 am

First topic message reminder :

Astonishing win in terms of margin. I was surprised that the ex-Labour candidate polled as low as 8%, but I guess word spread about his removal and he was viewed, effectively, as another independent.

Even if he wasn't removed, I think Galloway still wins, so it was a stroke of luck for Starmer in that he can ignore this defeat.

I thought Galloway would be out when the GE rolls around; now I'm not 100% sure. The issue of Gaza is hurting Labour amongst its once almost guaranteed Muslim vote.

I think this result shows that an Islamic party, if led by a brilliant campaigner, is a very viable option for the future. They could stand in areas where the Muslim population is relatively high and maybe win a couple of dozen seats at a GE, being similar to the SNP in terms of insurgency.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 16 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 19 Jul 2024, 1:27 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
GSC wrote:https://x.com/bmay/status/1813811772660629877?t=9u2OFlleerXaAzriL9pt3A&s=19

Laugh

It baffles me that some people take this idiot seriously.
Yeah. Baffles me equally that, given his actual importance, he gets as much airtime as he does.

In fairness his Company just got the third most votes in the Election........He is the reason Britain is out of Europe.....

Argument to be made he is the most formidable politician of his generation...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 16 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by GSC Fri 19 Jul 2024, 6:34 pm

Suellas joining reform to fill the gap in definitely not racist attention seeker they're missing
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 23 Jul 2024, 8:57 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c978m6z3egno

First little rebellion from Labour quashed very firmly by Starmer. Seven MPs lose the whip for six months after voting to scrap the two child benefit cap.

Many Labour voters disappointed with the realisation that Starmer and Sunak are the same, just with a different coloured tie.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 24 Jul 2024, 5:07 pm

Duty281 wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c978m6z3egno

First little rebellion from Labour quashed very firmly by Starmer. Seven MPs lose the whip for six months after voting to scrap the two child benefit cap.

Many Labour voters disappointed with the realisation that Starmer and Sunak are the same, just with a different coloured tie.
Many Labour voters glad that Starmer actually did what he said he'd do to seven MPs who'd campaigned on Labour's manifesto that said this cap wouldn't be reviewed immediately etc. They thought they were being clever, and thought Starmer wouldn't dare cast them out. Whoops....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Pr4wn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 26 Jul 2024, 3:28 pm

Yeah I'm really not sure what you expect to happen when you vote against something in the manifesto a few weeks after being elected.

Daresay voters will be more reassured politicians are actually doing what they said they would than a handful of old Corbyn loyalists
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 28 Jul 2024, 8:35 am

In case you thought the Tory leadership battle couldn't get worse here's Priti...

The funny part is none of the candidates can really admit why they got obliterated, a lack of competence and rampant corruption. So we get nonsense like "we weren't conservative enough!"
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 29 Jul 2024, 11:46 am

Suellas dropped out of the leadership race. But totally not because she couldn't find 10 MPs to back her
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 29 Jul 2024, 12:37 pm

She'll officially defect to Reform before the year is out.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 29 Jul 2024, 1:04 pm

Samo wrote:She'll officially defect to Reform before the year summer is out .

Fixed for you. Hopefully the first step in her shuffling off to obscurity.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 29 Jul 2024, 1:11 pm

dummy_half wrote:
Samo wrote:She'll officially defect to Reform before the year summer month is out .

Fixed for you.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 29 Jul 2024, 1:22 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
dummy_half wrote:
Samo wrote:She'll officially defect to Reform before the year summer month is out .

Fixed for you.

Was originally going to put month, but it is the 29th, so 2 days isn't very long...

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 03 Aug 2024, 10:42 am

Odd that just stop oil missed the tactic of looting shops and setting fire to local charities as a form of protest
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 03 Aug 2024, 4:15 pm

Priti Patel apparently demanding recall of Parliament re. the ongoing violent 'protests' following the Southport atrocities.

What a clown.

"Now is a moment for national reflection and solidarity, to pull back from the wave of violence we have seen, to call it out for what it is, without fear or favour - and for Parliament to speak with one voice in condemnation," Patel writes.

"We either believe in the rule of law, or we do not. That is why Parliament must be recalled immediately," she adds.

This, a former Home Secretary of the failed previous Government, that spent almost all its tenure stoking division, failing to provide a viable route for asylum seekers while acting like some tinpot bunch of fascists, that actually broke the law she bangs on about re. proroguing Parliament etc.

Performative hypocrite.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Good Golly I'm Olly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 03 Aug 2024, 4:36 pm

Shame that the perpetrators are too thick to realise that yaxley, Farage etc have 0 intention of sharing in the consequences of this. That won't sink in until they get their sentence however
GSC
GSC

Luckless Pedestrian and Good Golly I'm Olly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 04 Aug 2024, 6:37 pm

Its refreshing to see a PM condemn and call out the far-right violence for what it is, rather than pander to them.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Mon 05 Aug 2024, 7:26 am

Samo wrote:Its refreshing to see a PM condemn and call out the far-right violence for what it is, rather than pander to them.

Well I'm pretty sure Sunak or any of the others previously would have done similar? Why do you think a PM wouldn't, regardless of party?

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 05 Aug 2024, 8:00 am

To his credit Sunak has, though he has turned a more moderate leaf since losing the election. Unsure on the candidates for leader though
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 05 Aug 2024, 8:24 am

Farage wants parliament recalled as if he turned up before
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 05 Aug 2024, 10:54 am

GSC wrote:Shame that the perpetrators are too thick to realise that yaxley, Farage etc have 0 intention of sharing in the consequences of this. That won't sink in until they get their sentence however

Don't think it will ever sink in - you've got people with Nazi tattoos doing Nazi salutes claiming they want "their England back" - these people haven't had a semblance of a coherent thought in their lives.

Shameful shameful scenes over the weekend. Hope the police manage to get a handle on things before something truly horrendous happens.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Samo and GSC like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 05 Aug 2024, 12:06 pm

Just a little taste of what's to come, ultimately. We're on a very dark trajectory without the political leadership to tackle it.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 05 Aug 2024, 1:09 pm

Duty281 wrote:Just a little taste of what's to come, ultimately. We're on a very dark trajectory without the political leadership to tackle it.

You voted for a company owned by one of the major pushers of the kind of rhetoric thats caused this. Frak off with your faux outrage.

Samo

superflyweight and GSC like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 05 Aug 2024, 1:11 pm

mountain man wrote:
Samo wrote:Its refreshing to see a PM condemn and call out the far-right violence for what it is, rather than pander to them.

Well I'm pretty sure Sunak or any of the others previously would have done similar? Why do you think a PM wouldn't, regardless of party?

Im sure they would have condemned it, but I doubt they would have pointed out that its the far-right causing this.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 05 Aug 2024, 1:43 pm

'Rhetoric' didn't cause this. It's not that simple, otherwise it would be a very easy fix.

Communities being left behind economically. The loss of industry. Mass immigration that few wanted. Resources and infrastructure that fail to keep up with population growth from immigration. An asylum system with few checks or balances that causes an uptick in violent crime, and it throws billions away (billions that maybe our impoverished communities could do with). Cultural disputes and clashes. A weak, overburdened justice system, with severe cuts to policing. Two tier policing.

I get it's easier and simpler to blame the person who tells you the thunderstorm is coming, but it won't prevent the downpour.

Up to Starmer to lead, or we'll get a far-right government in the 2030s (actual far-right, by the way, people who will make Farage look like a country gent offering you tea and scones).

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 05 Aug 2024, 1:58 pm

People are right to be angry and feel that they've been left behind, the country is in a poor state following Camerons austerity and then having fuel poured on the fire in the form of Brexit.  I don't blame anyone for being angry at the state of things right now.  But its worth remembering that this all kicked off after a shedload of misinformation spread about a horrific attack - and the blame went directly to immigrants and muslims. It had nothing to do with the state of infrastructure or the economy, or they would have done this years ago.

Rhetoric is why the rioters are targeting mosques and hotels housing asylum seekers.  Their anger is being directed at the innocent people who have been demonized for years by the likes of Farage.  People who have done nothing wrong.  And you voted for it.

Samo

superflyweight and navyblueshorts like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Mon 05 Aug 2024, 2:46 pm

From what I was hearing on Radio 4 news at lunchtime there were peaceful protests going on about immigrants being put up in hotels etc and this then escalated into a violent riot situation when a load of far right activists turned up. The original protesters condemned the appalling scenes of violence and they are now saying everyone involved is being labelled as far right thugs etc.

It's a crap situation where some locals with what they see as a legitimate protest about migrants getting all resources put their way whereas they as locals cannot access dentists etc but now all lumped together as far right violent thugs.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 05 Aug 2024, 2:49 pm

mountain man wrote:From what I was hearing on Radio 4 news at lunchtime there were peaceful protests going on about immigrants being put up in hotels etc and this then escalated into a violent riot situation when a load of far right activists turned up. The original protesters condemned the appalling scenes of violence and they are now saying everyone involved is being labelled as far right thugs etc.

It's a crap situation where some locals with what they see as a legitimate protest about migrants getting all resources put their way whereas they as locals cannot access dentists etc but now all lumped together as far right violent thugs.

A parallel would be the way peaceful Pro-Palestine protestors all get lumped in as Hamas supporters.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 05 Aug 2024, 3:49 pm

Hope - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c84jjv7kp1wo

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 05 Aug 2024, 3:56 pm

Duty281 wrote:'Rhetoric' didn't cause this. It's not that simple, otherwise it would be a very easy fix.

Communities being left behind economically. The loss of industry. Mass immigration that few wanted. Resources and infrastructure that fail to keep up with population growth from immigration. An asylum system with few checks or balances that causes an uptick in violent crime, and it throws billions away (billions that maybe our impoverished communities could do with). Cultural disputes and clashes. A weak, overburdened justice system, with severe cuts to policing. Two tier policing.

I get it's easier and simpler to blame the person who tells you the thunderstorm is coming, but it won't prevent the downpour.

Up to Starmer to lead, or we'll get a far-right government in the 2030s (actual far-right, by the way, people who will make Farage look like a country gent offering you tea and scones).
So? Precisely none of this is to do with the people targeted by this fascist bollox. Straw Man, and not a very good one.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 05 Aug 2024, 4:07 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Hope - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c84jjv7kp1wo
Yep. Amazing what happens when you take the grifting c***s out of the equation. Yes, I mean you, Farage, Yaxley-Lennon, Bannon, Trump, Salvini, Orbán, Abascal, Netanyahu etc etc, the sh!tty (anti)social media companies such as Facebook etc and all that dark money....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Mon 05 Aug 2024, 4:08 pm

A parallel would be the way peaceful Pro-Palestine protestors all get lumped in as Hamas supporters.

And maybe if Jewish or a supporter of Israel then lumped in as a supporter of indescriminate bombing of Gaza etc.

For sake of clarity I'm not Jewish or a Muslim.

Just being even handed.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 05 Aug 2024, 5:48 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:'Rhetoric' didn't cause this. It's not that simple, otherwise it would be a very easy fix.

So? Precisely none of this is to do with the people targeted by this fascist bollox. Straw Man, and not a very good one.

I agree. The issue is with successive government failures that have led us to this tinderbox.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 06 Aug 2024, 6:39 am

Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

I agree. The issue is with successive government failures that have led us to this tinderbox.

Years of people like Farage and Little Tommy 10 Names pushing anti-immigration and anti-Muslim rhetoric for years have led to this point.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Tue 06 Aug 2024, 8:41 am

Years of people like Farage and Little Tommy 10 Names pushing anti-immigration and anti-Muslim rhetoric for years have led to this point.

No it's more than them, there are a lot of people in UK who think immigration be it legal or not is out of control. The vast majority appear to be decent people who just have concerns about so many resources being put to them. What happens is the far right organise themselves to join peaceful protests and spark violence and riots.
The fact Reform won 5 seats with millions of votes shows it can't just be right wing nutters who voted for them.
As for Tommy Robinson or Yardley Lennon I think his real name is, he's apparently hiding in Cyprus(?) so not sure what impact he is having although quite likely to be stirring it up online etc.

Just saying it's Farage and a few others too simplistic. I used to work with some decent, not racist entirely balanced individuals and they had legitimate concerns about immigration which no government has ever offered any solutions to.

The problem for many is if they even hint at concerns on immigration they are immediately labelled an anti Muslim or racist which is not the case.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 06 Aug 2024, 9:08 am

Because immigration has also been weaponised by the previous government to explain away it's failures. Can't buy a house because the system is geared towards driving up prices via scarcity
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 06 Aug 2024, 9:12 am

Its obviously not just the fault of Farage or LTTN, Im just using two of the biggest voices on that side of the argument for the sake of brevity.

I dont think anyone is a racist just for having concerns about immigration, but if your concerns are based on things like “theres too many Muslims here” then that is a bit racist, at the very least its bigoted and xenophobic. However, you can certainly make an argument that people should have done better to explain why that thinking is wrong.

Its also worth highlighting once again that the targets of a majority of these “protests” are mosques and hotels housing asylum seekers. Now, if you’re angry about the state of infrastructure in this country then maybe the best place to protest is a mosque. Maybe the best way to protest is to stand infront of riot police shouting “pakis out!” But its probably not, which is why I dont buy the argument that this is about systemic and societal issues.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 06 Aug 2024, 9:26 am

That McDonalds in Birmingham (looked like an old brick heritage? building) was pretty close to the other mob, who were all dressed in black, many with faces covered up. It would be a real shame if they caused any damage to such critically important 'infrastructure'. I hope the police had the balls to make some arrests.

Just to be clear, I hardly ever go to McDonalds... so no vested interest but I believe people have a right to have a safe space to eat a Big Mac, suck on a shake... and finger some fries.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Tue 06 Aug 2024, 9:36 am

Building aside, it's always telling when so called protesters go to a march etc and have face covered up. Usually a bit of a giveaway.

I see it's now kicked off in Plymouth and Belfast. Touring the whole of UK it seems.

I never understand why they attack the police especially as supposedly the police are institutionally racist so you'd think they'd all be on the same side.*

*yes a sick joke.

However, why they turn their anger on police seems ridiculous but I guess they are just an obvious authority target in their way.
No doubt should these protesters have their houses broken into whilst they are out rioting the first people they would call would ironically be the police.

Last edited by mountain man on Tue 06 Aug 2024, 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 06 Aug 2024, 9:39 am

"As a reporter, I’ve just been chased out of an area of east Birmingham by groups of Asian men who had come out to ‘protect their community’ against a planned far-right demonstration.

The security guard with me decided immediately it wasn’t safe for us - it was clear we weren’t welcome - but there wasn’t a safe place for us to go for miles.

Cars followed us, we had abuse shouted at us and at one point a group of around 6 men ran after us down a road with what looked like a weapon.

We were forced to run
." Fraser Knight, LBC.

Why would Nigel do this? Headscratch

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 06 Aug 2024, 12:32 pm

I see we've now reached the faux intellect stage of equating organised and targeted attacks on a minority with the inevitable retaliation
GSC
GSC

navyblueshorts, Samo, Luckless Pedestrian, Pr4wn and Good Golly I'm Olly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Wed 07 Aug 2024, 8:13 am

Is anyone who posts here a Muslim? I ask as be very good to have the view from someone who is directly affected by this or potentially could be.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 07 Aug 2024, 7:44 pm

Farage getting shown up on LBC yesterday as being the opportunistic , dog-whistler that he is. He spreads the false rumour that the attacker was a migrant off the boats then, when questioned about it, attempts to deflect.

Great work for his constituents, though. Seems like a top bloke. Would love to have a pint with him, etc.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 07 Aug 2024, 8:51 pm

His supporters on these boards are pretty big on citing sources for allegations. Big Nige cited Andrew Tate as a source for spreading the lie that the attacker was an asylum seeker.

Nice of him to show his workings.

Pr4wn

Samo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 07 Aug 2024, 8:58 pm

Using the old "Im just asking questions" tactic. He's a weapons grade bullshitter who knows exactly what he's doing, but is clever enough to leave himself just the right amount of deniability. If I voted for his company I'd feel like a right prat right about now.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 07 Aug 2024, 9:08 pm

We still haven't been told that Duty isn't actually Tommy Robinson posting on here from his holiday. I've nothing to prove that is remotely true, but I'm just asking the question. People have the right to know. Is this information being withheld from us?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 07 Aug 2024, 9:10 pm

I think a few of the grifters are rather trying to cover their tracks now. Lawrence Fox promised war then legged it to Ireland.

Gonna be a rude awakening for some that these guys really never had any intention of being in the trenches with them. Nothing more than useful idiots
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 07 Aug 2024, 9:11 pm

Tommy Robinson upset someone put his family in danger by leaking their location online. Mildly ironic
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 07 Aug 2024, 9:22 pm

GSC what are you talking about? I've still not heard any confirmation that you're not Jeffrey Archer attempting to again pervert the course of justice. I have no idea whether you are or not, but many figures on the internet, such as me, might be suggesting that you are. I'm not making an accusation or endorsing any actions from anyone else, I'm simply asking questions.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 08 Aug 2024, 7:59 am

I'm actually pr4wn
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 08 Aug 2024, 8:00 am

Seems like the wave of arrests and opposition has taken the last of the energy out of the riots
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Thu 08 Aug 2024, 8:39 am

Be interesting to know what it was that suddenly seems to have stopped all the protests, whether counter protests or policing or both.
Seems they are well organised as apparently no-one turned up so word must have spread fast. Lots of police etc and counter protests but no rioters etc.
Considering the riots went on for over a week every day/night then a sudden halt seems slightly odd. The severity of penalties handed out must make even the most hardened protester think twice.
Hopefully this continues for everyone who causes trouble, regardless of "side" they are on.

Likes of Elon Musk stirring it up, saying Britain heading for civil war isn't exactly helping either. He makes outrageous remarks on X(Twitter) which 100s of millions will see which helps his site get hits and revenue but for some might actually make think it's going to happen.

However, world wide there is unease and unrest. Taylor Swift has cancelled concerts in Vienna due to threat of attacks there by Islamist extremists. This all gets reported as it should but will only fuel anti Muslim feelings among some.

Unfortunately I don't see any end to unrest etc just yet.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next