The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Political round up.............

+22
No name Bertie
MrInvisible
Pr4wn
the-goon
Derek Smalls
dummy_half
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
king_carlos
JDizzle
superflyweight
Luckless Pedestrian
Pebbles
Soul Requiem
mountain man
TRUSSMAN66
Samo
lostinwales
Lowlandbrit
GSC
navyblueshorts
Duty281
26 posters

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Go down

Political round up............. - Page 19 Empty Political round up.............

Post by Duty281 Fri 01 Mar 2024, 7:58 am

First topic message reminder :

Astonishing win in terms of margin. I was surprised that the ex-Labour candidate polled as low as 8%, but I guess word spread about his removal and he was viewed, effectively, as another independent.

Even if he wasn't removed, I think Galloway still wins, so it was a stroke of luck for Starmer in that he can ignore this defeat.

I thought Galloway would be out when the GE rolls around; now I'm not 100% sure. The issue of Gaza is hurting Labour amongst its once almost guaranteed Muslim vote.

I think this result shows that an Islamic party, if led by a brilliant campaigner, is a very viable option for the future. They could stand in areas where the Muslim population is relatively high and maybe win a couple of dozen seats at a GE, being similar to the SNP in terms of insurgency.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 19 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Sep 2024, 1:53 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:See the U.S. has been up to its usual s**t re. South American nation states:

Leaked Chats Reveal a U.S.-Linked Prosecutor Is Behind the Assault on Ecuador’s Social Democratic Movement

Not sure anyone should trust the U.S. as far as they could throw them, really.

You trusted the US when you were bankrupt after the war.......when we Fed...Clothed..Housed your brave returning veterans and funded your NHS...

It's called the Marshall plan.......and we were only too happy to help because we like our little Brit-Buddies.. Hug

Tumbleweed Same old, same old.

On reflection, the U.S. ensured the bankruptcy and end of any effective British Empire, and not for altruistic reasons. I doubt they'd have joined WWII were it not for Pearl Harbour and the geopolitical decision to oppose the Soviet Union; Europe just happened to benefit from that, which I don't deny was good for us. Understandable decisions, but please don't try to sell it for what it wasn't..

(Lend Lease act was signed in early 1941)....FDR's way of helping the Allies with Aid...Food..Weapons....oil etc....It was given free of charge...

Pearl Harbor was Dec 1941..

You're welcome... Hug

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 19 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 05 Sep 2024, 3:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:See the U.S. has been up to its usual s**t re. South American nation states:

Leaked Chats Reveal a U.S.-Linked Prosecutor Is Behind the Assault on Ecuador’s Social Democratic Movement

Not sure anyone should trust the U.S. as far as they could throw them, really.

You trusted the US when you were bankrupt after the war.......when we Fed...Clothed..Housed your brave returning veterans and funded your NHS...

It's called the Marshall plan.......and we were only too happy to help because we like our little Brit-Buddies.. Hug

Tumbleweed Same old, same old.

On reflection, the U.S. ensured the bankruptcy and end of any effective British Empire, and not for altruistic reasons. I doubt they'd have joined WWII were it not for Pearl Harbour and the geopolitical decision to oppose the Soviet Union; Europe just happened to benefit from that, which I don't deny was good for us. Understandable decisions, but please don't try to sell it for what it wasn't..

(Lend Lease act was signed in early 1941)....FDR's way of helping the Allies with Aid...Food..Weapons....oil etc....It was given free of charge...

Pearl Harbor was Dec 1941..

You're welcome... Hug

A fair point to make. However: "...introduced as An Act to Promote the Defense of the United States...".

"Roosevelt responded by exchanging 50 destroyers for 99-year leases on British bases in the Caribbean and Newfoundland."

"In support of the bill, Secretary of War Henry L. Stimson told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee during the debate over lend-lease, "We are buying...not lending. We are buying our own security while we prepare. By our delay during the past six years, while Germany was preparing, we find ourselves unprepared and unarmed, facing a thoroughly prepared and armed potential enemy."" [Lend-Lease Act, National Archives]

Very altruistic. We appreciate the magnanimity of the mighty U.S. of A. and realise that aid was valuable, but as I mentioned before, don't try to portray it as is typically done i.e. that it was all about friendship etc and not simple, cold-hearted politics to further U.S. interests. I get it, but it's about time the scales fell from the eyes of all the worshippers of U.S. foreign policy over the years.

...and still he ignores the main point i.e. US interference in other countries when they don't approve of the democratically elected Governments of those countries.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 09 Sep 2024, 1:56 pm

Isn't that corrupt little sh!t, Mandelson, in jail yet?

Peter Mandelson's Firm Secretly Lobbied for Qatar Freeports
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Sep 2024, 12:46 pm

Tax Havens cost the Govt hundreds of billions in lost revenue but we are getting the "We all have to face pain" George Osborne speeches from these fraudsters...

Granny can freeze.....Joe on disability can get a job he isn't fit for and conk out etc....

But wait we are getting the "If we tax the rich more they'll leave" line that gets trotted out more than "Have a nice day" whenever raising taxes on those with fat wallets comes up...

Well see you then drumroll ........If you want to leave your support network behind....Go to a Country where nobody knows you and you feel isolated....

Do it .......Sounds easy but it is anything but..

Tell your Wife she has to leave her friends and family and local Country club and have her pining for home every day hating your guts.....Do it !!....

My Father-in-law threatened to leave in 1992 when Kinnock was on offer he was as full of wind and P*ss then as he is now...

Note to the Blair-wannabe Stiff.....Stop hurting people that don't need it....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 13 Sep 2024, 5:30 pm

Duty281 wrote:Won't be long before we see polls with the Tories leading again.

Wrote that just after the election. Last two polls have put the Tories just 4% behind.

On current trajectory, I would expect the Tories to be leading by the end of the year.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19