The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Political round up.............

+22
No name Bertie
MrInvisible
Pr4wn
the-goon
Derek Smalls
dummy_half
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
king_carlos
JDizzle
superflyweight
Luckless Pedestrian
Pebbles
Soul Requiem
mountain man
TRUSSMAN66
Samo
lostinwales
Lowlandbrit
GSC
navyblueshorts
Duty281
26 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Political round up............. - Page 18 Empty Political round up.............

Post by Duty281 Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:58 am

First topic message reminder :

Astonishing win in terms of margin. I was surprised that the ex-Labour candidate polled as low as 8%, but I guess word spread about his removal and he was viewed, effectively, as another independent.

Even if he wasn't removed, I think Galloway still wins, so it was a stroke of luck for Starmer in that he can ignore this defeat.

I thought Galloway would be out when the GE rolls around; now I'm not 100% sure. The issue of Gaza is hurting Labour amongst its once almost guaranteed Muslim vote.

I think this result shows that an Islamic party, if led by a brilliant campaigner, is a very viable option for the future. They could stand in areas where the Muslim population is relatively high and maybe win a couple of dozen seats at a GE, being similar to the SNP in terms of insurgency.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 18 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:52 pm

mountain man wrote:The same laws have to apply to all so if Farage or anyone else is found to have incited riots or violence then they should be held to account and if found guilty treated same as all others.

It's quite simple really.

Forgot to add, dislike button is one on the right. thumbsup
On paper this seems sound, but in your approach you appear to be ignoring context, whether an individual has an audience/influence, history of individuals concerned and whether an individual is instigating or responding. I don't know if this is deliberate on your part, or not, but I'd expect any justice system worth its salt to do exactly that.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 18 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by mountain man Tue Aug 13, 2024 4:03 pm

So are you saying that Ricky Jones should be dealt with more severely seeing as he has influence and a platform?

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:05 pm

Samo wrote:“Nigel Farage's social media activity could be investigated for 'inciting' riots, the former head of Counter Terrorism Policing for the UK has told LBC.

James O’Brien asked the ex-terror boss Neil Basu: "Farage’s social media activity in particular, do you think that should be investigated?"

Mr Basu replied: "I imagine that my former colleagues are doing precisely that."

The former Assistant Commissioner for the Met added his colleagues will look at anybody that might have incited the violent disorder that was sparked following the killing of three girls in Southport.

Mr Basu said if he was in charge, he would take out people with a large platform online, prosecute criminals who were inciting hatred online and also major technology companies.

He added he has made comments in the past about posts made by Mr Farage, but also two former Home Secretaries - Priti Patel and Suella Braverman.”

Not enough popcorn in the world.

Hysterical stuff. Laugh

But doubtless plenty of authoritarians want Nige locked up.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:05 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:I suspect some of the sentences handed out will, in retrospect, both be seen to be daft and successfully challenged. Shouting at the police is a custodial sentence? Seriously?

The Labour Councillor is an arse and should lose his seat, but does anyone really think he meant what he said in a moment of anger at a counter-demonstration? He was obviously grandstanding and using deliberately extreme language. He hasn't got consistent form or millions of followers etc on Muppet. Wow.

Actual violence, looting and those like Yaxley-Lennon are a different kettle of fish.

Yes.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:19 pm

Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:I suspect some of the sentences handed out will, in retrospect, both be seen to be daft and successfully challenged. Shouting at the police is a custodial sentence? Seriously?

The Labour Councillor is an arse and should lose his seat, but does anyone really think he meant what he said in a moment of anger at a counter-demonstration? He was obviously grandstanding and using deliberately extreme language. He hasn't got consistent form or millions of followers etc on Muppet. Wow.

Actual violence, looting and those like Yaxley-Lennon are a different kettle of fish.

Yes.

Hysterical stuff. Laugh

But doubtless plenty of authoritarians want him locked up.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

navyblueshorts, Pr4wn and Pebbles like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:34 pm

I think any reasonable person would want him locked up for inciting murder. As should anyone who does similar.

Does anyone here think he shouldn't be given a prison term for this?

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Aug 13, 2024 6:55 pm

Has anyone expressed otherwise
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Tue Aug 13, 2024 6:59 pm

Well if they had I wouldn't have needed to ask. Seems a bit obvious?

Then again straight forward and reasonable questions rarely get a reply.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:26 pm

Yes, let's focus on this one Labour councilor. That'll make things better in the UK and, more importantly, he's the most important person in all of this.

It's not a distraction at all. Nope. No way.

Seriously though, if he was inciting violence, then try him for it like he's anyone else.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:28 pm

But the fact that you're talking about him, and the deafening silence on Farage and Yaxley-Lennon, who were huge catalysts for the riots in the first place, speaks volumes.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:29 pm

No-one is saying he's the most important person in all this?
I've repeatedly said everyone should be treated equally regardless.

As for Farage, read back a few posts and you'll see I stated quite clearly if he has incited violence etc he should be dealt with exactly the same.

What speaks volumes, care to elaborate please?

By the way, navyblueshirts bought up Ricky Jones I just replied to his post but seems I'm being singled out here

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:50 pm

I get distinct impression I've been cast as a supporter or sympathiser etc of the far right, Farage, Robinson etc whereas nothing could be further from the truth.

Not sure what else I can say really, I've tried to explain everyone should be treated the same regardless of left right centre whatever but seemingly this isnt getting through.

If however someone could point out any comment I've made which supports or condemns any view point strongly over any other then please repost it.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:58 pm

I think we're just confused why you're focussed on this one guy when everyone agrees he should be held to the same standard in court as the rest. Kinda shouting into the wind against an opponent that doesn't exist
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:00 pm

I'd say you are focusing on me whenever I reply to a post about Ricky Jones and then make it out I'm fixated on this one event.

I'd say my posts have been clear in condemning all sides but seems it's only my comments about Jones that get picked up

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:08 pm

They do seem more frequent. The rest is a weird deflection
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:09 pm

A weird deflection? Could you explain please.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:21 pm

Nobody needs to explain anything to you. This whole conversation is bizarre.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:27 pm

Nope nobody needs to do anything but seeing as I appear to be cast as the bad guy here and I'm apparently only focusing on one event and I'm making weird defections I thought some explanation be nice but never mind.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:42 pm

Lol, sure.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:20 am

Anyone in public office should be held to higher standards than the general public and thus should receive proportionally harsher sentencing whether that's Farage, Jones or anyone else. As an MP; Farage would receive a longer sentence than Councillor Jones.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:50 am

mountain man wrote:So are you saying that Ricky Jones should be dealt with more severely seeing as he has influence and a platform?
I'd agree that should be taken into account, but also the context of his history re. such remarks, when made, where, and in response to what. I guess he'll get whatever comeuppance in due course.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:52 am

Duty281 wrote:

Yes.
You would, but somehow you think good ol' Nigel's comments of no import at all. Odd that...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:59 am

mountain man wrote:I think any reasonable person would want him locked up for inciting murder. As should anyone who does similar.

If he was actually inciting murder, of course. Was he? For myself, I don't think so. Stupid language in a flammable environment in response to the demonstrable, long lived and historical racial hatred he and others like him might just have been on the receiving end of. I'd expect him to get punished, but a custodial sentence? We'll see.

I guess I should hand myself in to the cops for suggesting to my wife that the neighbour over the back of our house, who's repeatedly damaged our hedge and has build on our side of the border between our properties, should be strung up, drawn and quartered...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:01 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:Anyone in public office should be held to higher standards than the general public and thus should receive proportionally harsher sentencing whether that's Farage, Jones or anyone else. As an MP; Farage would receive a longer sentence than Councillor Jones.
Tend to agree w/ this, within whatever sentencing guidelines apply.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:06 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Yes.
You would, but somehow you think good ol' Nigel's comments of no import at all. Odd that...

Which comments specifically?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:09 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
mountain man wrote:I think any reasonable person would want him locked up for inciting murder. As should anyone who does similar.

If he was actually inciting murder, of course. Was he? For myself, I don't think so. Stupid language in a flammable environment  in response to the demonstrable, long lived and historical racial hatred he and others like him might just have been on the receiving end of. I'd expect him to get punished, but a custodial sentence? We'll see.

I guess I should hand myself in to the cops for suggesting to my wife that the neighbour over the back of our house, who's repeatedly damaged our hedge and has build on our side of the border between our properties, should be strung up, drawn and quartered...

"We need to cut all their throats and get rid of them all." Accompanied by a throat slitting gesture.

If these comments don't incite murder, what does?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:11 pm

Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Yes.

If someone with a public presence keeps claiming that we are being 'invaded' by immigrants, then don't be surprised if some idiots start treating immigrants like invaders.  Also, by wrongly claiming that the 'truth' about the attacker was being withheld, he wasn't doing the authorities any favour in the eyes of the rioters.

Last edited by superflyweight on Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:25 pm

Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Yes.

I'm not getting into the usual nonsense w/ your good self over this. You're clearly blind to Farage being anything but a saint.

Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

If he was actually inciting murder, of course. Was he? For myself, I don't think so. Stupid language in a flammable environment  in response to the demonstrable, long lived and historical racial hatred he and others like him might just have been on the receiving end of. I'd expect him to get punished, but a custodial sentence? We'll see.

"We need to cut all their throats and get rid of them all." Accompanied by a throat slitting gesture.

That's your case for the prosecution? Honestly? If you take everything said by anyone literally, and at face-value, there's little I can do to help you, I'm afraid. I'll dip out of this bit of debate now as it's going nowhere.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Samo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:30 pm

Apropos of nothing (well, this, actually), saw the following in the 1948 declaration of independence by the State of Israel (my highlights):

"THE STATE OF ISRAEL will be open to the immigration of Jews from all countries of their dispersion; will promote the development of the country for the benefit of all its inhabitants; will be based on the precepts of liberty, justice and peace taught by the Hebrew Prophets; will uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens, without distinction of race, creed or sex; will guarantee full freedom of conscience, worship, education and culture; will safeguard the sanctity and inviolability of the shrines and Holy Places of all religions; and will dedicate itself to the principles of the Charter of the United Nations."

I do wonder if they ever look back at this and, if they do so, do they do it with a straight face?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:43 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Yes.

I'm not getting into the usual nonsense w/ your good self over this. You're clearly blind to Farage being anything but a saint.

Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

That's your case for the prosecution? Honestly? If you take everything said by anyone literally, and at face-value, there's little I can do to help you, I'm afraid. I'll dip out of this bit of debate now as it's going nowhere.

No worries, it's just another unsubstantiated claim from yourself.

And, yes, I will take what he said literally. Unless he was doing a stand up comedy performance I'm unaware of?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:31 pm

F*cked up the editing of an earlier post and created a duplicate.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:33 pm

Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Yes.

Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

And, yes, I will take what he said literally. Unless he was doing a stand up comedy performance I'm unaware of?
There are so many remarks I could choose, I'm so spoilt for choice I can't make my mind up. Also, a bit rich coming from yourself re. unsubstantiated remarks; have a look in the mirror once in a while.

I knew there was some logical reason you frequently appear not to understand arguments made on here; it's that you take everything said/written at literal face value. Must remember that in future and temper anything I post accordingly, whilst also realising that anything you post can only be meant in a literal sense and has zero nuance or subtlety. Thanks for the clarification thumbsup.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:40 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Yes.

Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

There are so many remarks I could choose, I'm so spoilt for choice I can't make my mind up. Also, a bit rich coming from yourself re. unsubstantiated remarks; have a look in the mirror once in a while.

I knew there was some logical reason you frequently appear not to understand arguments made on here; it's that you take everything said/written at literal face value. Must remember that in future and temper anything I post accordingly, whilst also realising that anything you post can only be meant in a literal sense and has zero nuance or subtlety. Thanks for the clarification thumbsup.

Let's see if you can substantiate this one!

Sometimes people makes jokes or don't intend what they say. This clearly isn't the case for the Labour councillor in question, hence why he has been charged and remanded. Maybe you want to be his defence barrister when it goes to court? 'Your honour, my client obviously didn't mean it. Learn to take a joke!'

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:48 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cz6x105wgz5o

"A woman who called on Facebook for a mosque to "be blown up with the adults inside" has been jailed for 15 months.

The court was told Sweeney wrote: "It’s absolutely ridiculous. Don’t protect the mosque. Blow the mosque up with the adults in it."

What's your view on this one, Navy? Justifiable jailing, or just stupid language?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:42 am

Too funny:

The lettuce wins again...

Now she's whining about it. Bless....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu Aug 15, 2024 5:44 pm

Shhhh Navy stop being such a bully. We were told by posters here that her policies were fantastic. So mean, honestly.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:26 am

Pr4wn wrote:Shhhh Navy stop being such a bully. We were told by posters here that her policies were fantastic. So mean, honestly.
Sorry. You're right; it's not appropriate and I'm sure it's likely to affect her mental health. Please, everyone - forgive me.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:17 pm

It's amazing. One dead (and possible a few more), but a BBC front page live stream on the situation:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/ce38n4egqwzt

While accepting the human tragedy nature re. families of those on this boat, I wonder, would it be the same if it were migrants?

Also, enough of this obviously dodgy behaviour. Time to shut down the Isle of Man and other dodgy places re. taxes etc:

"According to Equasis, a maritime data service, the Bayesian is owned by Revtom, a firm registered in the Isle of Man.

The company's latest annual statement was filed in April with the Isle of Man’s Companies Registry. In the statement, Angela Bacares is named as the sole legal owner, with an address registered in London."
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:18 am

No they obviously don't have same coverage as they do when migrants die in boats but the reason coverage so much is there was a British person onboard who is missing presumed dead and said person Mike Lynch (and his daughter also missing don't forget) was in news earlier in year so interest there. He was also a massive noise in tech world so again a lot of interest.

Quite what this has to do with migrants though only you seem to be making connection.

Any tragic events that occur that involve British citizins always get a lot of coverage from British media.
Think recently likes of Michael Mosely and Jay Slater who went missing. All over news for weeks.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:11 am

mountain man wrote:No they obviously don't have same coverage as they do when migrants die in boats but the reason coverage so much is there was a British person onboard who is missing presumed dead and said person Mike Lynch (and his daughter also missing don't forget) was in news earlier in year so interest there. He was also a massive noise in tech world so again a lot of interest.

Quite what this has to do with migrants though only you seem to be making connection.

Any tragic events that occur that involve British citizins always get a lot of coverage from British media.
Think recently likes of Michael Mosely and Jay Slater who went missing. All over news for weeks.
Well, let me see. It's a boat that's gone down in the Med; a bit like all those migrants trying to cross from North Africa etc. I'm not making any 'connection'. I'm pointing out a contrast and wondering on the apparent difference. Just throwing it out there and asking legitimate questions.

Agree re. the interest surrounding British citizens, which I'd overlooked, even if I think it's too often overdone by media that causes so much harm the rest of the time, as if they really give a 4X.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Aug 21, 2024 3:22 pm

"Home Office ministers have promised a "large surge" in returns flights for failed asylum seekers and others with no right to be in the UK."

"Rachel Reeves is planning to raise taxes, cut spending and get tough on benefits in October’s budget amid Treasury alarm that the pickup in the economy has failed to improve the poor state of the public finances."

Labour voters have now probably realised that the 'new' government is the same as the old one.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Aug 21, 2024 4:11 pm

Duty281 wrote:"Home Office ministers have promised a "large surge" in returns flights for failed asylum seekers and others with no right to be in the UK."

"Rachel Reeves is planning to raise taxes, cut spending and get tough on benefits in October’s budget amid Treasury alarm that the pickup in the economy has failed to improve the poor state of the public finances."

Labour voters have now probably realised that the 'new' government is the same as the old one.
No. Actually, most of them are probably sensible enough to realise that Labour can't fix the 14 years of Tory Poopie in, what, barely six weeks? They're also probably confident that, for them, it can't be worse than under the recently departed Tory shower.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:15 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:"Home Office ministers have promised a "large surge" in returns flights for failed asylum seekers and others with no right to be in the UK."

No. Actually, most of them are probably sensible enough to realise that Labour can't fix the 14 years of Tory Poopie in, what, barely six weeks? They're also probably confident that, for them, it can't be worse than under the recently departed Tory shower.

Don't think anyone's expecting it to be fixed in six weeks, but continuing the same economic policies and sounding tough in the same areas is a proper Uniparty moment.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Thu Aug 22, 2024 8:41 am

Every party, (well the two of them) always blame the other when getting into govt for the mess that's been left. Remember the infamous "there's no money left note" etc. Trouble is whenever things look bad, which is pretty much all the time they blame opposition.
Now, within first year of a new govt it's reasonable to explain away some probs by saying it was what we were left with but after that it doesn't wash. Yes, reform/change/improvement takes time often years but at some stage whoever is in power needs to take ownership and either sort it or abort it in the immortal words of Malcolm Tucker.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Aug 22, 2024 5:18 pm

Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Don't think anyone's expecting it to be fixed in six weeks, but continuing the same economic policies and sounding tough in the same areas is a proper Uniparty moment.

You'll be talking about the WEF next Whistle

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:06 am

See the U.S. has been up to its usual s**t re. South American nation states:

Leaked Chats Reveal a U.S.-Linked Prosecutor Is Behind the Assault on Ecuador’s Social Democratic Movement

Another one to add to all those others in South America and South-East Asia.

And they have the audacity to bang on and on about immigrants arriving at their southern border when they spend so much time turning the countries from where those immigrants originate into basket case nations.

Enough to make one seriously doubt the narrative surrounding the recent Venezuelan elections and Maduro. Not sure anyone should trust the U.S. as far as they could throw them, really.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:57 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:See the U.S. has been up to its usual s**t re. South American nation states:

Leaked Chats Reveal a U.S.-Linked Prosecutor Is Behind the Assault on Ecuador’s Social Democratic Movement

Not sure anyone should trust the U.S. as far as they could throw them, really.

You trusted the US when you were bankrupt after the war.......when we Fed...Clothed..Housed your brave returning veterans and funded your NHS...

It's called the Marshall plan.......and we were only too happy to help because we like our little Brit-Buddies.. Hug

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:See the U.S. has been up to its usual s**t re. South American nation states:

Not sure anyone should trust the U.S. as far as they could throw them, really.

You trusted the US when you were bankrupt after the war.......when we Fed...Clothed..Housed your brave returning veterans and funded your NHS...

It's called the Marshall plan.......and we were only too happy to help because we like our little Brit-Buddies.. Hug

Tumbleweed Same old, same old.

On reflection, the U.S. ensured the bankruptcy and end of any effective British Empire, and not for altruistic reasons. I doubt they'd have joined WWII were it not for Pearl Harbour and the geopolitical decision to oppose the Soviet Union; Europe just happened to benefit from that, which I don't deny was good for us. Understandable decisions, but please don't try to sell it for what it wasn't.

Aside from the above, you conveniently didn't address the pretty despicable interference by the U.S. in yet another South American country, just because you don't happen to like the way they voted. A strangely repeating pattern, which even occurred in Gaza as well w/ Hamas. The U.S. has a nasty habit of undermining/destroying left-leaning Governments/political parties that they don't want in power elsewhere in the World; they want 'democracy', but only if it results in approved 'worthy' Governments/parties. Pretty funny from 'the land of the free', but I'm not sure anyone should really be surprised. I would wonder whether those involved can sleep at night, but it's clear they don't give a 4X even for their own, as evidenced by Iraq.

I don't think the U.S. really gives a s**t about the British, except as periodically convenient cover or an ally when they want something. 'Special relationship'? My arse. Time we woke up.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:35 pm

Beluga Whale accused of being a Russian spy found off the coast of Norway shot to death:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c9902lm5n0ro
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:45 am

Interesting article published on Drop Site News, featuring an essay from Jeff Sachs reflecting on U.S. policy towards the collapsing Soviet Union in the early 1990s. Well worth a read, but doubly annoying if remotely based in fact because the U.S. idiocy (have a read, TRUSS; you might learn something) on a continent different from their own may well result in a nasty harvest being reaped by those of us nearer to Putin.

Jeffrey Sachs: A Front Row Seat to the Cold War That Never Ended
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next