The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post-Scars & Stripes Presser - 2024

+2
acer101
JJJohnson
6 posters

Go down

Post-Scars & Stripes Presser - 2024 Empty Post-Scars & Stripes Presser - 2024

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Jul 2024, 8:17 pm

Questions for management following the huge Texas event?

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post-Scars & Stripes Presser - 2024 Empty Re: Post-Scars & Stripes Presser - 2024

Post by acer101 Wed 17 Jul 2024, 8:53 pm

Following the outside interference in the Hour, and the resulting melee outside the ring, are there going to be any fines or suspensions issued?

acer101

Back to top Go down

Post-Scars & Stripes Presser - 2024 Empty Re: Post-Scars & Stripes Presser - 2024

Post by Bentyf1 Wed 17 Jul 2024, 8:57 pm

Danny McNeil, Daily mail reporter, JJ, congrats on a awesome show down here in Texas. Just a few questions, can you confirm all the talent come through the event injury free? We saw quite a lot of brutality in the matches and was just wondering how are the talent? And secondly, can we expect 6CWF to be visiting more countries around the world in 2024? and if so, what are the plans? thank you.

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 17 Jul 2024, 9:33 pm

JJJohnson wrote:Questions for management following the huge Texas event?

In The Hour, competitors could be eliminated on countback if they had a joint lowest number of points. And then in the final two, Kent and Wood were tied but Kent retained via champions advantage.

Why wasn't there a winner on countback? And without watching back the whole match, who would have won if there was?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by acer101 Thu 18 Jul 2024, 9:08 am

Trent Crimm, the Independent.

Wrestling Insider on X, formerly known as Twitter, noted that following the Main Event Rex, Eddy and Liam Wood were on one level, and Acer, Daniel Reilly and Scotty Harris were on another. Would we be correct in thinking that the former are in immediate championship plans, and the latter still have some work to do to reach that? If so, what does Reilly have to do to make the step to another World Championship, and similarly what do Harris and Acer have to do to make that big step for the first time?

acer101

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Thu 18 Jul 2024, 9:11 am

acer101 wrote:Following the outside interference in the Hour, and the resulting melee outside the ring, are there going to be any fines or suspensions issued?

We do a debrief with the talent after the shows and this is, of course, going to be a big part of the discussion. It's pro wrestling so interference and mayhem is to be expected. "The Hour" did not have any rules stipulating DQs or stopping anyone getting involved so perhaps that is something we need to look into for next year. But I'll go on record now and say that when any member of our team gets hurt by a wrestler, accident or not, that's when we are going to have to delve a little bit deeper.

Thankfully Allie is doing great, just a little shaken up, but I cannot and will not send out my people to do their job and get hurt in the process. That was a big issue for me and it will be addressed. I'm not going to go into fines and suspensions but by time we go on air next week for the "Aftermath" show there will be consequences for what happened.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 and acer101 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Thu 18 Jul 2024, 9:18 am

Bentyf1 wrote:Danny McNeil, Daily mail reporter, JJ, congrats on a awesome show down here in Texas. Just a few questions, can you confirm all the talent come through the event injury free? We saw quite a lot of brutality in the matches and was just wondering how are the talent? And secondly, can we expect 6CWF to be visiting more countries around the world in 2024? and if so, what are the plans? thank you.

Oh Danny boy

Appreciate the kind words.

Look we all watched the show and it doesn't take a genius to work out we have got some banged up talent right now. They all put it on the line for the entertainment of our fans and I am damn proud of what they did out there tonight.

Morale is high which is always a big thing after a show of this magnitude and certainly helps with any minor injuries but everyone will be checked out prior to "Aftermath" and nobody will be allowed to compete until given the greenlight. We take the welfare of our people very seriously. As of right now I am not aware of any serious or major injury concerns although I know all the boys involved in the heavy duty matches; Steel & Helms, Logan & Gazzy, Plague & Dragon, Rexy & CP, they will all need to undergo extensive medicals because let's be honest some of those bumps were hard to watch.

As for 6CWF travelling? Well Beachfront Brawl is going to Saudi Arabia for Riyadh season and our final show of the year "At World's End" will screen live from Cologne, Germany to end our European Tour. We are always looking to travel and show our love and appreciation to our global support. I've mentioned before about putting on some shows in "unique" venues as well. So we did the Hammerstein Ballroom last month which was incredible but watch this space on that....WCW used to screen from a shopping mall, I'm not sure that is our vibe but anything is possible.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Bentyf1 and acer101 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Thu 18 Jul 2024, 9:22 am

Marky wrote:
JJJohnson wrote:Questions for management following the huge Texas event?

In The Hour, competitors could be eliminated on countback if they had a joint lowest number of points. And then in the final two, Kent and Wood were tied but Kent retained via champions advantage.

Why wasn't there a winner on countback? And without watching back the whole match, who would have won if there was?

You make a good point and perhaps that is something we could look at down the line. This was the first ever "Hour" match so perhaps changes can be made if it makes sense.

However, the champions advantage only kicked in for the final phase and wouldn't have done so if Eddy Kent hadn't made it that far. Does he deserve that extra leeway?. Otherwise you could argue that as long as the champion stays level with the lowest scorer throughout he is always going to go through at someone else's expense due to his advantage.

Thankfully in this case it wouldn't matter. I see you trying to catch me out (Laugh) but I'm aware of the countback situation and Eddy Kent would have retained regardless. He only dropped one fall in sixty minutes which was, of course, to Liam Wood. Wood dropped two falls and they were both to the champion. So you can see how closely these two were matched throughout and the fact none of the other five were able to score a fall of them is pretty huge.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Thu 18 Jul 2024, 9:34 am

acer101 wrote:Trent Crimm, the Independent.

Wrestling Insider on X, formerly known as Twitter, noted that following the Main Event Rex, Eddy and Liam Wood were on one level, and Acer, Daniel Reilly and Scotty Harris were on another. Would we be correct in thinking that the former are in immediate championship plans, and the latter still have some work to do to reach that? If so, what does Reilly have to do to make the step to another World Championship, and similarly what do Harris and Acer have to do to make that big step for the first time?

Trent. Ted finally get sick o' you a55? Laugh

Look if you're gonna believe everything you read on the internet then you'd think the earth was flat and evil lizard people wearing human faces be running our governments.

(JJ looks off to the side)

F*** outta here, Saint, with that bulls***, you know ain't no motherf***ing lizard people.

Trent I hear you and I guess it would be easy to walk out of that PPV and think that 6CWF don't see Harris, Acer or Reilly as world championship material and that is just plain a55 wrong.

We here telling stories, let's not dress it up, and Liam Wood, Rex Adamson & Eddy Kent right in the middle of their own tale. Currently that occupies up one of the world titles but that's the business. I can't put world titles on everyone even if I wanted to or they merited it.

I don't want these guys changing a damn thing. Scotty H was superstar of the year 2023-2024 and we have nothing but love and respect for him. He will be a champion in this company, it just wasn't his night. Same with Acer and same Reilly.

Some think maybe we ain't pulling the trigger on Acer because he's my boy but again that's wrong. Nobody is working harder right now and he's right up there, knocking on the door. If he wins the world title it'll be because he earned it, not because he's my friend. Daniel Reilly is another one. We don't see eye to eye and everyone knows about his contract situation but 6CWF has major respect for Daniel Reilly. He's a two time world champion and when we asked him to he strapped the European Championship to his back and took it to the moon.

These guys all have major stock within this company but it is about biding your time, waiting for your chance and then seizing it when it comes because it will if you want it bad enough. I don't want to hear whining and complaining....I've got 20 plus on the roster and I can only crown two world champs at once....

As for them being on a level - they are but that ain't a bad thing. I don't work off of lower card, midcard, main event bull**** because we got top talent from top to bottom of this card. Dicey Reilly opened Scars and Stripes but I'd have no problem with him headlining Beachfront Brawl, that's the levels I'm talking bout. Acer, Daniel Reilly and Scott Harris are elite and I'd be surprised if all three didn't hold a world title at some point. But they need to keep their focus because opportunity will knock again.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 18 Jul 2024, 10:48 am

Dice...Daniel Reilly...sh1t...Ricey Deilly, Dublin Herald, Is it true that Dicey Reilly = Money?

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielReilly Thu 18 Jul 2024, 1:43 pm

Teddy Short, The Mirror. JJ, we are all aware of the contract situation with Daniel Reilly, how likely do you think it is that a deal can be done?

Also whilst on the subject, are there any other contracts coming to an end that you are currently looking into?

DanielReilly

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Thu 18 Jul 2024, 5:05 pm

President Trump wrote:Dice...Daniel Reilly...sh1t...Ricey Deilly, Dublin Herald, Is it true that Dicey Reilly = Money?

You know they say the Irish are everywhere and I've learned that to be true. No matter the city or the country we travel to there is always a massive gold and green following. Dicey is loved all over the globe and that certainly translates with merch sales and the viewing figures whenever he's on the screen.

So is he money? Damn straight he is and we are lucky to have him here. He's been doing this nearly two decades now and he's earned every bit of respect. Without Dicey Reilly I don't think we are here today - you can't put a price on that.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Thu 18 Jul 2024, 5:21 pm

DanielReilly wrote:Teddy Short, The Mirror. JJ, we are all aware of the contract situation with Daniel Reilly, how likely do you think it is that a deal can be done?

Also whilst on the subject, are there any other contracts coming to an end that you are currently looking into?

Shorty

Daniel is a proud man and he's earned that right, he's given a lot to this business. And we aren't foolish enough to pretend he isn't world class, I'd go as far as to say he's at his absolute peak right at this minute.

We want to do the deal. From our side it's simple. We have put terms down in black and white and we want Reilly to sign the contract. Right now he's stalling on that, for whatever reason. That's for him to talk about if he chooses. Me personally? I think he's getting some bad advice from somewhere. We just don't want to get to a position where that side is pricing themselves out.

We've made an extremely generous offer and we believe under this banner and on our platform he can be right up here (JJ holds his hand above his head)....but no man is bigger than 6CWF and if he chooses to walk away then that's his prerogative. Will I be disappointed? Absolutely because that is a top talent walking into someone else's promotion but at the same time we will adapt and overcome.

I've mentioned it before but over the years you see a lot of revolving doors....guys in and guys out. Now we've lost Cassius Zhis, Heros, Medians, Crime Lords, heck Max Adamson hung them a couple of months ago but we keep going and we keep growing regardless...I don't want Reilly to leave but at the end of the day that will, ultimately, be his decision to make.

6CWF is a place where you can shine and we have created a work environment that gives everyone an opportunity - see if he can go find that somewhere else because I don't believe such a place exists.

As for other contracts - Look I'm not going to go delving into every single superstar's contract situation but currently most are tied long term and by long term I mean two years plus. Naturally we look at this as and when we need to or when talent approach us to negotiate something new.

I think it was reported over the weekend that Marty Helms, Enforcer, Robin Reborn & Mike Masters' contracts were up in the air so I can clear a little of that up right now -

Masters is still with us. We want to keep him and we think that'll happen. He's had some personal stuff going on but 6CWF is the place where he wants to be so I can't foresee any issues on that front.

Helms is gone - we offered terms and he rejected those. Call it creative differences. It's a shame and the door is always open, no bridges were burned, but right now the two parties are way apart on expectation.

Enforcer - 6CWF is a tough road for anyone and especially someone who has been out the game awhile. Big E admits he probably wasn't as ready as he should have been and the schedule has taken its toll. We are talking right now and seeing if we can work something out to benefit all parties. He hasn't left the company but it is a possibility.

Reborn - Robin Reborn has got a contract with this company and a place on this roster whenever he wants it but what Reborn wants is always hard to ascertain. Now he wants to be a movie star and a Hollywood bigshot but then he wants to swagger in here whenever he feels like and get top billing without putting in the hard yards....we don't run this company like that. So Reborn can either graft like everyone else or he can take those other offers on the table....there's a ton of money to be made for a Wrestlemania appearance - if anyone knows who you are Wink

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

DanielReilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down