The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who of the current crop makes the Hall of Fame

+22
88Chris05
Dass
Knowsit17
OasisBFC
kevchadders
The genius of PBF
manos de piedra
Fists of Fury
slash912
Lumbering_Jack
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
eddyfightfan
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Michaels, Sean
mikeymax71
captain carrantuohil
TRUSSMAN66
Imperial Ghosty
Daz
bellchees
Young_Towzer
Rowley
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Who of the current crop makes the Hall of Fame - Page 3 Empty Who of the current crop makes the Hall of Fame

Post by Rowley Fri 24 Jun 2011, 3:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Dovetailing nicely with the Captain’s ongoing Hall of Fame thread came across an interesting article on which of today’s current fighter could expect the call from Canastota when they are comfortably enjoying their retirement. The article breaks current fighters down in to three categories, the first is those who can start working on their induction speech with absolute certainty it will not go to waste, the second is those with a strong possibility who could perhaps need a few more decent notches to make absolute certain and the final one is those with a good chance but who could definitely need a couple more wins to remove any element of doubt.

The three categories break down as such:
Lead-pipe cinches (8) – These men will earn induction into the Hall of Fame five years after their retirement even if they never win another fight: Marco Antonio Barrera, Evander Holyfield, Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones Jr., Juan Manuel Marquez, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Erik Morales and Manny Pacquiao.

Very likely (8) – These men will most likely make it, but a few more quality wins would help the cause: Ivan Calderon, Miguel Cotto, Carl Froch, Chris John, Vitali Klitschko, Wladimir Klitschko, Rafael Marquez and Shane Mosley.

More likely than not (4) – These fighters have had good careers and will probably make it, even though their résumés could use some help: Joel Casamayor, Vic Darchinyan, Fernando Montiel and Giovani Segura.

What does everyone think of these, PED’s issues aside, which has been discussed before I cannot see too much to take issue with of the guarantees, although for me think classing Wlad and Vitali as not being in that category is a little harsh as I would expect both to get the call when appropriate. Also, as a fan of him and as a Brit is nice to see the tough run Froch has been on getting the recognition and that his chances of making it are rated so favourably on the other side of the pond. Would also be interested to see if anyone thinks there are any glaring ommisions in their list

For those with a wish to read it or with issues about the proper referencing of articles the link to the original thread is below.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-iole_boxing_rankings_hall_of_famers_062311

Last edited by rowley on Fri 24 Jun 2011, 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Who of the current crop makes the Hall of Fame - Page 3 Empty Re: Who of the current crop makes the Hall of Fame

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:37 pm

Pointing out the obvious that boxers lose to fighters they shouldn't, you seem to use Honeyghan against Curry but let Cotto off for losing to Margarito and hold Pacquiao in high esteem despite losing to Torrecampo and Singsurat, simply logic really.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Who of the current crop makes the Hall of Fame - Page 3 Empty Re: Who of the current crop makes the Hall of Fame

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:45 pm

Marquez-John too.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:49 pm

Possibly Balti but Chris John is a good fighter in his own right so the result of that fight wasn't that unexpected

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:28 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Pointing out the obvious that boxers lose to fighters they shouldn't, you seem to use Honeyghan against Curry but let Cotto off for losing to Margarito and hold Pacquiao in high esteem despite losing to Torrecampo and Singsurat, simply logic really.

like i said i'm bored, i've provided reasons for all my comments to why i rate/don't rate as high certain fighters, i aint repeating meself to please you.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:30 pm

No need to respond at all then is there, if you don't wish to be accused of using double standards then don't use them

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:38 pm

Guys, just because I locked the other thread earlier doesn't mean that you can move on to another thread to continue your petty squabbles. Let's leave it out, move on, and talk some boxing, shall we?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:15 pm

Live from Mandalay bay

Straw weight championship of the world

Young Towser vs Rest of the world

Referee in charge - The honourable 'Fists of Fury'

seconds out... Round 16 (of a scheduled 30 round fight)

Ting.. Ting

emancipator - ringside correspondent

Back to top Go down

Post by westybeast Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:35 pm

amir khan and bradley are strong possibilties for the future

paul williams is he can come back and stop being avoided

westybeast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3