The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who of the current crop makes the Hall of Fame

+22
88Chris05
Dass
Knowsit17
OasisBFC
kevchadders
The genius of PBF
manos de piedra
Fists of Fury
slash912
Lumbering_Jack
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
eddyfightfan
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Michaels, Sean
mikeymax71
captain carrantuohil
TRUSSMAN66
Imperial Ghosty
Daz
bellchees
Young_Towzer
Rowley
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who of the current crop makes the Hall of Fame - Page 2 Empty Who of the current crop makes the Hall of Fame

Post by Rowley Fri 24 Jun 2011, 3:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Dovetailing nicely with the Captain’s ongoing Hall of Fame thread came across an interesting article on which of today’s current fighter could expect the call from Canastota when they are comfortably enjoying their retirement. The article breaks current fighters down in to three categories, the first is those who can start working on their induction speech with absolute certainty it will not go to waste, the second is those with a strong possibility who could perhaps need a few more decent notches to make absolute certain and the final one is those with a good chance but who could definitely need a couple more wins to remove any element of doubt.

The three categories break down as such:
Lead-pipe cinches (8) – These men will earn induction into the Hall of Fame five years after their retirement even if they never win another fight: Marco Antonio Barrera, Evander Holyfield, Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones Jr., Juan Manuel Marquez, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Erik Morales and Manny Pacquiao.

Very likely (8) – These men will most likely make it, but a few more quality wins would help the cause: Ivan Calderon, Miguel Cotto, Carl Froch, Chris John, Vitali Klitschko, Wladimir Klitschko, Rafael Marquez and Shane Mosley.

More likely than not (4) – These fighters have had good careers and will probably make it, even though their résumés could use some help: Joel Casamayor, Vic Darchinyan, Fernando Montiel and Giovani Segura.

What does everyone think of these, PED’s issues aside, which has been discussed before I cannot see too much to take issue with of the guarantees, although for me think classing Wlad and Vitali as not being in that category is a little harsh as I would expect both to get the call when appropriate. Also, as a fan of him and as a Brit is nice to see the tough run Froch has been on getting the recognition and that his chances of making it are rated so favourably on the other side of the pond. Would also be interested to see if anyone thinks there are any glaring ommisions in their list

For those with a wish to read it or with issues about the proper referencing of articles the link to the original thread is below.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-iole_boxing_rankings_hall_of_famers_062311

Last edited by rowley on Fri 24 Jun 2011, 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Who of the current crop makes the Hall of Fame - Page 2 Empty Re: Who of the current crop makes the Hall of Fame

Post by The genius of PBF Sat 25 Jun 2011, 9:27 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:PBF you were told in no uncertain terms yesterday to cut it out so please follow that advice

I think that message was to EVERYONE. Im only going to say this once but unlike you and a few other posters im on here to talk and debate boxing. It is my opinion and I am allowed it on this forum. If you dont like what I have to say on boxing ignore me or use the foe function. thumbsup

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Who of the current crop makes the Hall of Fame - Page 2 Empty Re: Who of the current crop makes the Hall of Fame

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 25 Jun 2011, 9:28 am

I answer to the original question I would say there can be no doubt that mayweather, pacquiao, Hopkins, Barrera, morales, Jones Jr and probably mosley will all be first ballot inductees.

I suspect Marquez and Cotto will get in too. Martinez is tricky, think he needs a big win now as he comes toward the latter stage of his career if he really wants to cement a place, but with only barker and JCC Jr on the horizon who knows. I think it's a bit early to be proposing Donaire. Yes he's highly talented, but signature wins over Darchinyan and Montiel shouldn't be enough to make him HOF worthy. About time he announced an opponent too, he needs to be busier IMO. Wonjongkam has been highly consistent at flyweight and will probably make it one day.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Sat 25 Jun 2011, 12:58 pm

If haye goes on to beat Wlad/Vatali then that could ruin any chance they have of getting in the hof.

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 25 Jun 2011, 5:54 pm

Very Happy
I think Miguel's resume is superb and will see him into the HOF, i hope to be there when he's inducted haha.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 6:25 pm

Wouldn't have him in a Puerto Rican hall of fame...

Couldn't carry Camacho, Rosario's or Gomez's jockstrap..

Rosario is a light/jr welt and...

Gomez = jr feath, feath, jr light by the way..

Camacho = jr light/light/jr welt/welt and beyond..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sat 25 Jun 2011, 7:07 pm

think it'd be an absolute joke if both vitali and Wlad didnt get in.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 7:17 pm

You must be a joke for suggesting them mate..

No Curry but these two robots..

give it a rest.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 25 Jun 2011, 7:23 pm

Well there's no Riddick Bowe or Michael Moorer in the hall of fame both of whom hold far better wins than either brother so in that respect don't think they should get in and if Wlad loses to Haye next week then he doesn't deserve entry at all.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 7:29 pm

absolutely.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 7:46 pm

Without wanting to nitpick, could not help but notice that you have Darchinyan and Montiel included in the MLTN section but not the man who flattened them both.

If there is such a thing as justice, Nonito Donaire should be up there. At only 28 currently he gave an undefeated Darchinyan a case of the chicken legs and smoked Montiel in two rounds, the latter likely brimming with confidence at the time having dethroned Hasegawa not long before.

And that goes without mentioning the crop of other decent fighters Donaire has outclassed in recent years, such as Mthalane, Raul Martinez, Concepcion and Sidorenko. Nor the incredible speed and reaction of the little Filipino and the sheer state of his victims after he's dealt with them.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Sat 25 Jun 2011, 8:21 pm

I'd have Donaire in there based on even what's he achieved so far and think he'll go onto do so much more.

Maybe I'm biased though, I was at the Montiel fight and there's nothing quite like seeing most of the stadium in silence when Donaire connected. Very Happy

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 8:30 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Well there's no Riddick Bowe or Michael Moorer in the hall of fame both of whom hold far better wins than either brother so in that respect don't think they should get in and if Wlad loses to Haye next week then he doesn't deserve entry at all.

Neither have been eligable so far though, in fairness. Certainly not Moorer, anyhow. Bowe wouldn't make it if it were down to me, but with Canastota's low standards you never know. Either way, it's pretty unfair to rank Bowe ahead of Wladimir, at least in my opinion. If Klitschko wins this saturday then it would be laughable to suggest that Bowe can outrank him as far as I'm concerned.

As I say, if either of them make the Hall of Fame it will only be because the bar is set too low, but I don't think dismissing Wladimir's claims on the basis of Bowe not being there is the right way to go about it.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 25 Jun 2011, 8:35 pm

Personally have Bowe considerably higher than Wladimir who whilst he has longevity has no real wins of note and this is combined with some rather humiliating losses to c grade opposition something Bowe was never guilty of. Beat a far higher standard of fighter although it's closer with Vitali but would still have him above.

Think Bowe was eligible for a few year before he made a return

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 9:02 pm

When has Vlad beat a guy of the calibre of unbeaten Holyfield

Agree with you Ghosty..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 25 Jun 2011, 10:50 pm

Reading through the comments, this is a list of the current/recent fighters who i think will make it in, although this isn't my personal view of who i think should be.

Evander Holyfield, Bernard Hopkins, Erik Morales, Manny Pacquiao, Marco Antonio Barrera, Juan Manuel Marquez, Floyd Mayweather Jr, Roy Jones Jr, Arturo Gatti, Mickey Ward, Joe Calzaghe, Vitali Klitschko, Wladimir Klitschko, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, Ivan Calderon, Oscar De La Hoya, Rafael Marquez, Israel Vasquez, Dariusz Michalczewski and Audley Harrison.

I'm sure i've probably missed a few.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 11:15 pm

Sorry Ghosty and Truss, but would have to disagree. Wladimir has been a dominant IBF champion over these last five years, and I believe his string of wins over well-ranked contenders (even if they are in a poor Heavyweight era) firmly outstrip Bowe's two wins over Holyfield which are twinned with absolutely nothing else of note.

I don't see anyone proclaiming Taylor to be a great Middleweight based on two wins and nothing else over Hopkins, don't see what Bowe did to outrank someone who's been the consensus number one for half a decade. If he beats Haye then it should be a no contest, his career has been far superior to Bowe's. Never have I seen a fighter so revered for literally having two wins of note at the very, very highest level.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 25 Jun 2011, 11:20 pm

Would agree with Chris on the Bowe/Wladimir situation, although i would rather watch Bowe anytime of the week and he was by far the more exciting of the two, i think Wlad has been dominant in his career and as a champion, much more so than Bowe, i'd be very suprised if he didn't get in.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 25 Jun 2011, 11:22 pm

Tubbs, Biggs, Tillery, Dokes, Coetzer are all better than the likes of Peter who is probably Wlads best win, if longevity as champion is so important would that make Pipino Cuevas a better Welterweight than Kid Gavilan?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 25 Jun 2011, 11:24 pm

I personally wouldn't have him in but the way the HOF fame look at it he has a better shot than Bowe IMO.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 11:32 pm

Tubbs was a robbery, and personally, I don't think Coetzer (who was soon handily beaten by Bruno, of all people), Dokes (years past his best), Biggs (ditto), Tillery, Butler or Gonzalez represent a higher quality than Ibragimov, Peter, Chambers, Rahman, Byrd and Chagaev, not at all.

Yes, I'll give Bowe those two wins over Holyfield - better than any singular win on Wladimir's record. And as Galveston has just (rightly) pointed out, Bowe was certainly the better to watch when at his best. But here's the thing - his best simply didn't last long enough. I'll repeat - Taylor isn't a great Middleweight based solely on two wins against Hopkins and then flattering to deceive, and likewise Bowe isn't a great Heavyweight on the basis of two wins against Holyfield, then flattering to deceive, getting fat and having to rely on disqualifications against Golota (he was still only twenty-nine or so, no real excuses there) and dumping a belt in the bin rather than face a number one contender, which Wladimir so far hasn't been guilty of.

Simply can't have Bowe higher than Wladimir, no matter how I look at it.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 25 Jun 2011, 11:40 pm

We'll have to agree to disagree then Chris because I can't possibly consider such an average heavyweight such as Wladimir above Riddick Bowe, those fighters may have been past their best but they still represented a sterner test than anyone whom Wlad has faced.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 11:42 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree then Chris because I can't possibly consider such an average heavyweight such as Wladimir above Riddick Bowe, those fighters may have been past their best but they still represented a sterner test than anyone whom Wlad has faced.

Guess we will, Ghosty! Don't doubt for a second that Bowe was the finer talent, but he simply squandered so much of his potential. Wladimir, on the other hand, has pretty much maximized his - certainly been a better 'champion' than Bowe ever was, and it's my personal belief that, Holyfield aside, Bowe has no wins on his record that really tower above the men in Wladimir's win column, but that's just how I see it.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 25 Jun 2011, 11:48 pm

I've never really thought of Wlad as being the 'champion', his brother is a far better fighter than he is and he's benefitted from that to a large degree, fully expect to see him blown apart next week which destroys any legacy he could possibly claim to have there and then. It's the Holyfield wins that tower Bowe above Wlad, the rest of their records are nothingness but the fact that Bowe proved himself on the biggest stage propels him head and shoulders above Wlad. Vitali is a totally different proposition, someone I maintain would have competed well in any era without necessarily excelling like he has.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat 25 Jun 2011, 11:50 pm

I agree that Vitali is a good Heavyweight - and a very tough one to beat - in absolutely any era, Ghosty. Have to rate Wladimir higher out of the two brothers when it comes to accomplishments, though. Would have been different had Vitali not been forced in to that four year break though, mind you.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 25 Jun 2011, 11:55 pm

I think Vitali has beaten the better fighters overall and while he lost he did at least step up against Lewis, that fight is always foremost in my mind when thinking of the brothers, the better of the two gave his career best performance yet still came up short against an out of shape, lacklustre and ageing great heavyweight. We can't label Bowe with that same stick he beat a great heavyweight twice and whilst it's comparable to Taylor in simple terms, the heavyweight division has never been the strongest so victories like that mean a lot more in the context of the division.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:07 am

Both Riddick Bowe and Vitali Klitschko merit a place in the HOF. Wlad's entry is dependent on how succesful he is next week.

I think what goes against Bowe is that he is often remembered for the wrong reasons: Dumping his belt in the bin when requested to face Lewis, scrapping with Tillery, punching up Larry Donald during the press conference and the infamous Golota bouts.

Incidents which leave a stain on his legacy.

However, the wins against Holyfield, and his general skill level, are enough to make him worthy for a place.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:12 am

J.Benson II wrote:Both Riddick Bowe and Vitali Klitschko merit a place in the HOF. Wlad's entry is dependent on how succesful he is next week.

I think what goes against Bowe is that he is often remembered for the wrong reasons: Dumping his belt in the bin when requested to face Lewis, scrapping with Tillery, punching up Larry Donald during the press conference and the infamous Golota bouts.

Incidents which leave a stain on his legacy.

However, the wins against Holyfield, and his general skill level, are enough to make him worthy for a place.

Bowe had great skills for a big man, his left right on Donald is one of my favourote press confrence's, right in the chops, his bouts with Golota are highly entertaining.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:14 am

Wouldn't have him in a Puerto Rican hall of fame...

Couldn't carry Camacho, Rosario's or Gomez's jockstrap..

Rosario is a light/jr welt and...

Gomez = jr feath, feath, jr light by the way..

Camacho = jr light/light/jr welt/welt and beyond..
Cotto = Jr welt/welt/light middle
4 time 3 weight world champ, every fighter he's beat in a title fight, as near enough gone onto win a world title

Curry but not them 2 robots? do me a favour, Vitali and Wlad have beaten everyone put in front of them and won defining fights ie Wlad v Ibragimov unification, doesn't matter if its exciting, your hero lost ALL of his big fights, end of.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:15 am

think it'd be an absolute joke if both vitali and Wlad didnt get in.
Totally agree, beat everyone put in front of them, Wlad's won unification fights, absolutely bamboozled and destroyed good fighters in Chagaev (unbeaten), Ibragimov (unbeaten), Peter (unbeaten), Chambers, to name a few. Vitali has beat everyone in front of him apart from his brother, was beating Lewis, came back after 4 year out to absolutely outclass and batter a dangerous Peter who had just won the title. Has solid wins over Arreola, K.Johnson, Sanders.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:21 am

Michael Moorer was a light heavyweight and heavyweight champion who can boast a win over Evander Holyfield, what has either brother done to come remotely close to that

You really should stop with this whole Donald Curry losing all his defining fights nonsense, were wins over Starling and McCrory not defining if we're considering losses to Honeyghan and McCallum as defining

Cotto will get into the IBHOF but in an ideal world he wouldn't be in the hall of fame, I for one would vote for his exclusion from the 606v2 hall of fame

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:23 am

Must have been dreaming when Curry beat Starling then Whistle

Cotto NEVER been the man at 140, 147 and 154...scraped past a faded Mosley and got hurt by Malignaggi in a close fight...Clottey got robbed against him.

Ducked the best fighters at 140 in Hatton, Tszyu and Floyd Mayweather...Marquez would box his ears off and destroy him at 147.

Quit against Margarito and Pacquiao...Curry was the pound for pound number one something Cotto never will be!

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:26 am

Really because Curry beat Marlon Starling twice if i'm not mistaken?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:27 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Really because Curry beat Marlon Starling twice if i'm not mistaken?

Yeah he did

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:28 am

Thought so, so much for you trying to be clever

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:30 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Thought so, so much for you trying to be clever

Who you saying that too?

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:32 am

Moorer was an excellent LH but I wasnt really convinced with him at HW. Other than Holyfield (who destroyed him in their re-match), his record at the weight isnt that great. KO'd on his 1st defence by a pensioner in Foreman and outboxed by Axel Schulz, its hardly inspiring stuff.

I doubt either brother would have had much problems beating Moorer as well.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:42 am

Must have been dreaming when Curry beat Starling then Whistle

Cotto NEVER been the man at 140, 147 and 154...scraped past a faded Mosley and got hurt by Malignaggi in a close fight...Clottey got robbed against him.

Ducked the best fighters at 140 in Hatton, Tszyu and Floyd Mayweather...Marquez would box his ears off and destroy him at 147.

Quit against Margarito and Pacquiao...Curry was the pound for pound number one something Cotto never will be!
Got absolutely smashed up off Honeyghan, Norris, McCallum

Cotto never been the man @140 and ducked Tszyu, haha Tszyu retired whilst Cotto faced Torres, why didn't Mayweather fight Tszyu then? does that mean he ducked Kosta as well?. Mayweather has also never been the man @140 does that mean he's not Hof material?. I'd love to know when Cotto ducked Mayweather? any evidence?. Your hatred of Cotto and wum tactics don't work with me Very Happy

Obliterated Quintana, Judah, Quintana went on to beat Williams
Knocked out very dangerous fighter in Torres @140 who went on to win a title, stopped unbeaten champ in Foreman, Marquez beat Cotto @147, i think that confirms your on the wum again, had 1 fight at the weight and looked very fat and slow. Cotto's had numerous fights at the weight, outboxed a hof' in Mosley, obliterated Judah, Quintana, has held titles @147 for a few years. Marquez has done nothing at the weight, i'd love to know how he'd outbox and beat much better, bigger and more legit ww haha.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:55 am

You really should stop with this whole Donald Curry losing all his defining fights nonsense, were wins over Starling and McCrory not defining if we're considering losses to Honeyghan and McCallum as defining
Lets agree to disagree then as you so often say. McCrory although for a few titles wasn't in Honeyghan's league or Starling's. Colin Jones was robbed against McCrory, i give him credit for beating Starling, but he lost to McCallum in a big fight for both guys, lost to Honeyghan in a defining fight, if he'd won he would of been done at WW and gone on to be obliterated imo off Hagler anyway. Honeyghan bust him up, destroyed him and won every second of every round, he aint a great either imo (Honeyghan). Nor is Moochie, even though he's my best ever fighter he aint hof material imo. I obviously am a huge Starling fan, but never would lower myself into being bias, he lost too many fights against mediocre opponents, Bumphus, Viella. His best nights were against Breland, Molinares and Honeyghan, Molinares in terms of his display not the verdict!. If he'd not lost to the poor Bumphus, Viella and beat Curry, and got a big defining fight maybe.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:01 am

Young_Towzer wrote:Must have been dreaming when Curry beat Starling then Whistle

Got absolutely smashed up off Honeyghan, Norris, McCallum

Cotto never been the man @140 and ducked Tszyu, haha Tszyu retired whilst Cotto faced Torres, why didn't Mayweather fight Tszyu then? does that mean he ducked Kosta as well?. Mayweather has also never been the man @140 does that mean he's not Hof material?. I'd love to know when Cotto ducked Mayweather? any evidence?. Your hatred of Cotto and wum tactics don't work with me Very Happy

Obliterated Quintana, Judah, Quintana went on to beat Williams
Knocked out very dangerous fighter in Torres @140 who went on to win a title, stopped unbeaten champ in Foreman, Marquez beat Cotto @147, i think that confirms your on the wum again, had 1 fight at the weight and looked very fat and slow. Cotto's had numerous fights at the weight, outboxed a hof' in Mosley, obliterated Judah, Quintana, has held titles @147 for a few years. Marquez has done nothing at the weight, i'd love to know how he'd outbox and beat much better, bigger and more legit ww haha.

Norris beat him when he was over the hill but 2 wins over Starling and a win over McCrory (spelling?) p!sses over anything the quitter and ducker Cotto have done.

Yes Cotto never been the man at 140, 147 and 154...Cotto was still campaigning majority of his career at 140 whilst Tszyu was champ and never faced him or Hatton afterwards. His promoter Bob Arum didn't want Cotto to face Floyd Mayweather at 147 let alone 140.

Floyd Mayweather established a legacy at 130, 135 and 147...Floyd Mayweather beat the 140 champ Hatton as well...Floyd Mayweather has been the lineal champ at most of the weights that Mayweather has fought at something Cotto has never done. Dont hate Cotto think he is very overrated.

Torres and Foreman are paper champs, what have they ever done? Lets laud Hattons win over Urango...Judah was over the hill coming off 2 loses against Cotto...Even Berto beat Quintana...Cotto scraped past a faded Mosley and was in a close fight against Malignaggi.

Floyd Mayweather makes great fighters look ordinary...Marquez stepped up to the plate unlike Cotto...skill wins the fights mostly not size Marquez is way superior to Cotto proven by beating Pacquiao twice a fighter that Cotto quit against.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:11 am

Norris beat him when he was over the hill but 2 wins over Starling and a win over McCrory (spelling?) p!sses over anything the quitter and ducker Cotto have done.

Yes Cotto never been the man at 140, 147 and 154...Cotto was still campaigning majority of his career at 140 whilst Tszyu was champ and never faced him or Hatton afterwards. His promoter Bob Arum didn't want Cotto to face Floyd Mayweather at 147 let alone 140.

Floyd Mayweather established a legacy at 130, 135 and 147...Floyd Mayweather beat the 140 champ Hatton as well...Floyd Mayweather has been the lineal champ at most of the weights that Mayweather has fought at something Cotto has never done. Dont hate Cotto think he is very overrated.

Torres and Foreman are paper champs, what have they ever done? Lets laud Hattons win over Urango...Judah was over the hill coming off 2 loses against Cotto...Even Berto beat Quintana...Cotto scraped past a faded Mosley and was in a close fight against Malignaggi.

Floyd Mayweather makes great fighters look ordinary...Marquez stepped up to the plate unlike Cotto...skill wins the fights mostly not size Marquez is way superior to Cotto proven by beating Pacquiao twice a fighter that Cotto quit against.
Torres beat a good champ in Holt, Quintana hit Williams at will and beat him, Cotto obliterated him. Lets laud Hatton's win over Urango? do me a favour a one dimensional muscle bound punchbag who Alexander destroyed. Mosley past his best it was 4 years ago and 2 years before he destroyed Margarito, he went on to win another world title. Like i asked, when did Cotto duck Mayweather? obviously he never its just you lying/wumming again, as far as i'm concerned Quintana is better than Baldomir and he obliterated him, beat Judah much, much easier so why would he duck him, obviously your telling absolute bonafied pork pies and won't be able to get evidence of him 'ducking' Mayweather because he never. Why, also didn't Mayweather fight Tszyu @140? better still use the foe feature because surely you don't want to talk to me, i think your a wum ? Very Happy

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:28 am

Young_Towzer wrote:Norris beat him when he was over the hill but 2 wins over Starling and a win over McCrory (spelling?) p!sses over anything the quitter and ducker Cotto have done.

Torres beat a good champ in Holt, Quintana hit Williams at will and beat him, Cotto obliterated him. Lets laud Hatton's win over Urango? do me a favour a one dimensional muscle bound punchbag who Alexander destroyed. Mosley past his best it was 4 years ago and 2 years before he destroyed Margarito, he went on to win another world title. Like i asked, when did Cotto duck Mayweather? obviously he never its just you lying/wumming again, as far as i'm concerned Quintana is better than Baldomir and he obliterated him, beat Judah much, much easier so why would he duck him, obviously your telling absolute bonafied pork pies and won't be able to get evidence of him 'ducking' Mayweather because he never. Why, also didn't Mayweather fight Tszyu @140? better still use the foe feature because surely you don't want to talk to me, i think your a wum ? Very Happy

I believe Quintana got destroyed in the rematch after didn't he and Holt like Torres are paper champs...You obviously not smart enough to understand sarcasm are you, I said should we laud Hattons win over Urango like your doing with Cotto win over Torres...Mosley was still faded whether you like or not yet Cotto couldn't do what Mayweather did and beat him comfortably, Cotto only won 115-113.

Cotto never faced Floyd Mayweather at 140 or 147 a blatant duck if you cant see that is your problem...You claim Mayweather ducked Margarito Laugh Laugh Laugh

Baldomir was the 147 champ something Cotto never has been like Quintana...Floyd Mayweather only came up to 140 a year before Tszyu lost to Hatton, what is Cottos excuse? Mayweather still beat the 140 champ Hatton anyway and Hatton rejected a fight with Floyd Mayweather at 140 after he became champ.

I think you will find you quoted my comments again on here and started to talk to me. I believe your delusional and you dont know what your talking about when it comes to boxing.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:33 am

I think you will find you quoted my comments again on here and started to talk to me. I believe your delusional and you dont know what your talking about when it comes to boxing.
Cotto never avoided him and fought the better fighters at WW, again you have no evidence, a lie in my view, if you can't see that then its your problem, an allegation from a wum, ie a lie.

You responded to me saying Cotto should be in, but lets not do the year 3 mentality he started this. I think your obsessed with Mayweather and get aggressive whenever he's mentioned and have an hatred towards Cotto, yes i stick by it he did duck Margarito and fought a bum in Baldomir who Margarito would of knocked out. Do me and the forum members a favour and foe me lol! Very Happy . You don't think i know anything about boxing? awwww Very Happy haha. Everyone knows your a wum! haha. Delusional? your bias towards Mayweather is comical, at least try and disguise being a wum lol

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:43 am

Young_Towzer wrote:I think you will find you quoted my comments again on here and started to talk to me. I believe your delusional and you dont know what your talking about when it comes to boxing.
You responded to me saying Cotto should be in, but lets not do the year 3 mentality he started this. I think your obsessed with Mayweather and get aggressive whenever he's mentioned and have an hatred towards Cotto, yes i stick by it he did duck Margarito and fought a bum in Baldomir who Margarito would of knocked out. Do me and the forum members a favour and foe me lol! Very Happy . You don't think i know anything about boxing? awwww Very Happy haha. Everyone knows your a wum! haha. Delusional? your bias towards Mayweather is comical, at least try and disguise being a wum lol

Nope never responded to you or mentioned you...I was having a opinion that Cotto should not be considered for the hall of fame only great fighters should...I think your obsessed with me and you get aggressive towards other posters who dont share the same opinion as you...Then you laughably have the nerve to accuse other posters of being a keyboard warrior etc when it is clear it is you that is acting like one.

Never hated Cotto I just dont rate him...You keep thinking Mayweather ducked Margarito though. thumbsup

Why dont you do everyone a favour and ignore my comments...Stop quoting my comments and talking to me on here...I know it gets to you that is why your always responding in a aggressive manner. Laugh

Everyone knows your delusional and have a laughable opinions...Also knew you would say all that your so predictable. Laugh

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:46 am

@the wum
I know for a fact i get to you. You don't get to me lol, honestly, feel free to keep trying though, if you got to me i would be swearing like you did above lol with the pee comment haha.

You mentioned using the foe function with me before, i think you should use it. Your widely regarded as a wum and that's what you are, i find your aggressive behaviour baffling i mean swearing above mentioning the pee word with Cotto haha. Regards Serafim Todorov. I think calling people obsessive is laughable and aggressive when they don't share your views which is what you do. Also the admin have warned you about using the obsessive/stalking comments, why not take it on board, i know your a wum but why make them work so hard? never threatened or been aggressive to any poster on here who hasn't agreed to me, more lies, Billy Liar. You are a laughing stock haha, use the foe feature because i'm trying to watch the Todorov v Mayweather fight, Serafim was brilliant.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:53 am

Young_Towzer wrote:Nope never responded to you or mentioned you...I was having a opinion that Cotto should not be considered for the hall of fame only great fighters should...I think your obsessed with me and you get aggressive towards other posters who dont share the same opinion as you...Then you laughably have the nerve to accuse other posters of being a keyboard warrior etc when it is clear it is you that is acting like one.

Never hated Cotto I just dont rate him...You keep thinking Mayweather ducked Margarito though. thumbsup

Why dont you do everyone a favour and ignore my comments...Stop quoting my comments and talking to me on here...I know it gets to you that is why your always responding in a aggressive manner. Laugh

Everyone knows your delusional and have a laughable opinions...Also knew you would say all that your so predictable.
I know for a fact i get to you. You don't get to me lol, honestly, feel free to keep trying though, if you got to me i would be swearing like you did above lol with the pee comment haha.

Regards
Serafim Todorov

Predictable as ever southpaw...oh yes I said Curry p!sses over anything Cotto has done and thats proof you got to me. Laugh

Serafim Todorov comment is a clear sign that it is effecting you Laugh

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:54 am

Predictable as ever southpaw...oh yes I said Curry p!sses over anything Cotto has done and thats proof you got to me. Laugh

effecting me? isn't that you admitting your wumming? thought so. Use the foe feature eh?
The Todorov comment is a clear comment i'm enjoying his superb win and legit win, thats all.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:58 am

Young_Towzer wrote:@the wum

You mentioned using the foe function with me before, i think you should use it. Your widely regarded as a wum and that's what you are, i find your aggressive behaviour baffling i mean swearing above mentioning the pee word with Cotto haha. Regards Serafim Todorov. I think calling people obsessive is laughable and aggressive when they don't share your views which is what you do. Also the admin have warned you about using the obsessive/stalking comments, why not take it on board, i know your a wum but why make them work so hard? never threatened or been aggressive to any poster on here who hasn't agreed to me, more lies, Billy Liar. You are a laughing stock haha, use the foe feature because i'm trying to watch the Todorov v Mayweather fight, Serafim was brilliant.

The admin never warned me about anything...The foe function wasn't working at that stage...the only laughing stock is you even on threads they make fun of you, your not smart enough to realise it.

You get all aggressive like you are now when someone does not have the same opinion.

Never swore at Cotto did I your just trying to find loopholes as usual mr delusional.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:59 am

Young_Towzer wrote:Predictable as ever southpaw...oh yes I said Curry p!sses over anything Cotto has done and thats proof you got to me. Laugh

effecting me? isn't that you admitting your wumming? thought so. Use the foe feature eh?
The Todorov comment is a clear comment i'm enjoying his superb win and legit win, thats all.

You so badly need the last word like I said your very predictable.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:19 am

Lets look at this objectively shall we, the Honeyghan fight is only defining because he lost but were he to have won it would have just been like any other fight. His defining fights were against Starling where he won both times and McCallum where he got beaten by the naturally bigger man. Curry lost to Honeyghan but things like that happen, does that mean then Southpaw that say Pacquiaos only defining fights were Torrecampo, Singsurat and the first Morales fight or were Cottos defining fights his losses to Margarito and Pacquiao?

As for Cotto he was a very good fighter who failed to prove himself as an elite level fighter, he beat a lot of belt holders yes but at no point did he beat the recognized champion in any of the weights he's fought at

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:33 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Lets look at this objectively shall we, the Honeyghan fight is only defining because he lost but were he to have won it would have just been like any other fight. His defining fights were against Starling where he won both times and McCallum where he got beaten by the naturally bigger man. Curry lost to Honeyghan but things like that happen, does that mean then Southpaw that say Pacquiaos only defining fights were Torrecampo, Singsurat and the first Morales fight or were Cottos defining fights his losses to Margarito and Pacquiao?

As for Cotto he was a very good fighter who failed to prove himself as an elite level fighter, he beat a lot of belt holders yes but at no point did he beat the recognized champion in any of the weights he's fought at

Why you mentioning Pacquiao? im lost im not d4, my best fighter is Cleverly. Honeyghan bust him up big time, broke his nose, and what did he do walk around with his hands up shaking and quit. He then got obliterated off McCallum, Norris, i don't rate the guy anywhere nearly as high as you so let's leave it at that. I am also not explaining again why i think Cotto should be in there, it's getting really boring, if you want to know, scroll up. I aint repeating myself.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next