The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

+7
prop_lyd
LukeLovesLuka
Sgt_Pooly
dammit_chris
Ozzy3213
Steven_Sharks
Driver
11 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 12 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

Post by Driver Tue 08 Nov 2011, 12:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 12 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Welcome to the Aviva Premiership

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 12 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
LDCPete
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LDCPete Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases

Waiting List
1. Sam
2. pullthestrings
3. Bathite
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 12 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

Post by Guest Mon 21 Nov 2011, 7:37 pm

How was hari not in team of
Week.

Best performance by any player all weekend

Incredible effort.

Rory best also in form of his life was tremendous vs Leicester

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 12 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

Post by dammit_chris Tue 22 Nov 2011, 9:49 am

Guys, I'm looking for a foreign lock and a no7 - anyone got any available?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 22 Nov 2011, 9:55 am

Not seen you on for a while

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 22 Nov 2011, 9:56 am

Anyone read this by Ben Youngs in the Times? Makes some really interesting points - think after this its clear that the coaching set up has been woefully inadequate for many years for England.

"Did I enjoy it in New Zealand? No. I can't say I did really," writes Youngs in his column in the Times.

"I found it so frustrating. Perhaps it was due to the brand of rugby we were playing. We were playing within ourselves. [Chris] Ashton, [Ben] Foden, Manu [Tuilagi], Delon Armitage. I didn't think we used them as well as we could or should have.

"Why didn't it click? Probably it comes down to the game plan and the style of rugby. If we are not given the right direction in how to play and how best to use these players, it can become quite tough."

On the subject of who should be handed the task of reviving English rugby in time for the next World Cup, which England will host, Youngs believes someone with the ability to engage the side's attacking talent and best exploit it is paramount to improvement.

"It will be interesting to see who comes in," Youngs says. "It's a chance to freshen up things and then we can kick on to 2015. Hopefully the RFU will take its time over it and make sure they get it right. Hopefully the coach will bring in a brand of rugby which will stir England. There is so much potential.

"My belief is an English guy would be great and Jim Mallinder would fit the bill. Look what he has done at Northampton.

"An attack coach like Daryl Gibson at the Crusaders, someone with that little bit of flair and ambition, someone who is not conservative, someone who is willing to say: "Here's the players, let's go for it."

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 22 Nov 2011, 9:57 am

manically busy at the moment Pooly - trying to persuade Michael Palin to narrate the film I made and launching a pretty big project in new year, which is taking up all of my time!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 22 Nov 2011, 10:00 am

Yea read that with Youngs, was pretty damning tbh. Seems they were set out to play a certain way which we kind of figured judging by the performances. Why though?

We ripped Aus, Italy apart playing attacking ball in hand rugby. Surely this should have proved we had the players to contest.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 22 Nov 2011, 10:10 am

I've read a lot recently about how most of the players have criticised the coaching set up and how the RFU has let down coach after coach.

I didnt know that Andy Robinson had asked for a manager to be appointed above him so he could just get on with the coaching. The RFU refused. The same for Ashton.

You look at how different Tom Croft is for Leicester and the Lions, to how he plays for England. That's not his natural game at all.

Also think that England coaches messed up Youngs technique, like they did with Harry Ellis - each no9 who goes to the setup with a fast pass and a wish to play attacking rugby is coached out of it - Youngs never used to take two steps before he passed.

Only coaches i'd keep would be Rowntree and Ford - didnt we only concede two/three tries in the whole WC? That's not a bad record, so Ford was doing something right and as the Weslh are trying to poach Rowntree you can only assume that he's pretty good too!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 22 Nov 2011, 10:12 am

Agree Chris we need to keep Rowntree and Ford.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 22 Nov 2011, 10:17 am

I'd get an Aussie or NZ'er attack coach in the mix - as need someone with flair and attacking intent - how a team that has Foden, Ashton, Tuilagi, Youngs in it and can't scare another team then there is something seriously wrong.

I'd also get Sharples in there and look at the young Gloucester lads for midfield options off the bench. Think Farrell is going to feature now too. I think we should copy the Weslh approach and put youngsters into the mix and develop them for 2015 WC - beginning to think that a Flood, Farrell and Tuilagi partnership might work really well. Excellent kicking game, two great passers and the power in the 13 shirt

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 22 Nov 2011, 10:21 am

There was no 2 steps from Youngs at the weekend, looked great in his little cameo.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 22 Nov 2011, 10:28 am

Was amazed he was playing again - Cockerill said in an interview he was going to be out for months and months because England's physios got him injured. Looks like it was just him using it as an opportunity to have a dig at England. Glad to see him back - England need an on form Youngs - I'd hope they'd also give a chance for Simpson to get some bench time in dry conditions for England, as think its so important to have match winners on the bench.

I'm sure that we can find a few impact subs - got so many youngsters coming through. Probably been most impressed with Jonny May at Gloucester - would like to see him get a game against Scotland or Italy.

They are saying that Stuart Lancaster the Saxons coach is going to be appointed on a caretaker basis and that he'll pick the youngsters he's worked at with Saxons - if that happens then Robshaw is a certainty for England squad/

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 22 Nov 2011, 10:35 am

Farrell and Tuilagi should be given a go I am starting to think.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 22 Nov 2011, 10:40 am

Anyone read Cipriani's interview on Sky Sports - dare I say it but maybe he is starting to grow up! Would be great if he could fulfil his potential for England - hopefully playing alongside Beale, JOC next year will be the making of him!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 22 Nov 2011, 10:45 am

He thinks he's got the chance of being starting 10 in 2015.....I nearly choked on my frosties! Laugh

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 22 Nov 2011, 10:49 am

Forgotten man.
Hope he forces his way back in to England reckoning. Hell of a talent.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 22 Nov 2011, 10:51 am

Pooly - compared to the other 10s we have available for England then I think he's certainly got a chance.

He's got a lot of growing up to do, but such a talent. Would be a good headache for England to have if he does come back strong this year.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2011, 11:08 am

My worry is like Hodgson in that he will never be able to defend at the top level.

he was emabarassing in Super 15 which is not a great defensive competition

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 22 Nov 2011, 11:12 am

Heineken Pool tables updated OK
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 22 Nov 2011, 11:28 am

It will be interesting to see how Cips gets on this year - wasnt helped last year by the Rebels having the worst pack and defence - havent seen if they have signed any forwards this season though? JOC and Beale are great signings for them, but they can have the best backline in the world and still not get any ball.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 22 Nov 2011, 11:31 am

As Matt says, Cipriani was horrendous in defence in the S15 and this is a league where defence isn't really a priority.

He made Cooper look like Wilko

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 22 Nov 2011, 12:00 pm

Sure I read that the coach at Rebels said Cips defence had been developing really well - you can't really say that he made Cooper look like Wilko as the Reds are ever so slightly better than the Rebels in terms of defence and whoever plays 10 for the Rebels was in an awful position as they were constantly being attacked.

If Cips could improve his defence I still think he could be England's best fly half until Ford comes through - if only he didnt break his leg as wouldnt have minded a few more games like he did for Eng v Ireland.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 22 Nov 2011, 12:11 pm

He's dined out on that one game for years though Chris. To be dropped for your defence alone show's how bad he was doing, he's a long long way off an International 10.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 22 Nov 2011, 12:53 pm

Pooly he had three amazing seasons at Wasps, played the best game a no10 could do on his full debut and then had a horrific injury - rushed back by Johnson and then hung out to dry!

Think that's when I first though Johnson was a bad coach, how he treated him after that - compare that to how the Aussies treated Cooper after he was guilty of burgling.

Still thinks that if Cips can fulfil his talent then England have a very good player. I'm not saying he will, but it would be so good if he could.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 22 Nov 2011, 1:00 pm

agree with you Chris he was quality before his injury, him at 10 and Flutey at 12 was a great combo.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Spurs Tue 22 Nov 2011, 1:06 pm

I know it's youtube, but just watching this tribute to Cipriani reminds me of how good he is. I really hope he makes it back for England, would be a shame if he didn't, it'd be a real waste of some special talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE0ZWZmscz0

'Arry Spurs

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 22 Nov 2011, 1:08 pm

Think the problem with England set up since 2003 has always been that they have looked at what a player can't do instead of what a player can do and I dont think that's the best way to approach a game.

I've always found that Hodgson has had a hard time of things when he's played for England - always remember how brilliant he was on the Lions tour in New Zealand, got rave reviews, but when he played for England he just got slated for his defence, instead of his amazing passing game and ability to actually move a backline.

Definitely not saying Cips should be anywhere near England team, but would certainly welcome him back if he got his form back. Just want him to sort himself out and concentrate on his rugby!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 22 Nov 2011, 1:20 pm

Agree completely with you Arry - I think I watched all but two of his home games for Wasps, he was one of those who always had time on the ball. Think his time down under has improved his place kicking.

I always found at Wasps that he was told not to get involved in the rucks, mauls etc - remember Edwards rollicking him for going into a maul once - they just wanted him to stand off and wait for the ball in case Wasps got a turnover or quick ball. I think that led to lots saying he couldnt defend - I've seen him dump tackle Alesana Tuilagi and would only say that he suffers from positioning with side on tackles and he has to definitely improve that.

He can definitely tackle though - would like to see a lot more of him this season for the Rebels - talk that he will come back to Wasps, interesting as Robinson's contract expires when Cips one does.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 22 Nov 2011, 1:35 pm

Problem with defence is you really need to be able to pull your weight at Int level or just be so amazing in other aspects of your game that you can get away with it. Cipriani has always has defensive and decsion making issues at the top level.

If he resolves thoughs then who knows as he has a good running game and is a very solid kicker.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 22 Nov 2011, 1:57 pm

Pooly, dont think he has a problem whatsoever with decision making at top level - completely agree about defence though - he was shown up at int level because Johnson was naive and rushed him back from injury after he played 60mins for Wasps.

Was never going to shine from that and everything about his game was off - he should never have been picked, think it destroyed his game for best part of 2 years if Im honest. He showed glimpses of what he could be like in s15 last year - just really hope he develops this year again and his game comes on.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 22 Nov 2011, 2:02 pm

I actually think his decision making is worse than his defence Chris. Some of the crazy passes he throws and moves that put his team under pressure are criminal for a top class 10.

I actually like Cipriani but I would not feel safe with him at 10 for England, he's too likely to implode and you just can't have that on the Int stage.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 22 Nov 2011, 2:12 pm

Like he did during the Ireland game? He was like that for Wasps for three seasons or when he helped Wasps win Heineken Cup Final in 2007? He does take a risk, but that's what makes him such a special player, as if he didnt take risks then how would he unlock defences.

Just hope he plays well next year - be good to see him at Twickers on Saturday, its a pretty spectacular backline the BaaBaas will be putting out.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 22 Nov 2011, 2:20 pm

No not really, like he was for for the Rebals during the S15 and for Wasps now and again.

You can't harp back to one game to sum up a player, I seem to remember Jamie Noon having an absolute stormer against Ireland (Think it was that game also).

I love how you rate players then harp back to 4 years ago when they last had a decent game. Your Wasps bias makes me chuckle.

Cipriani, Rees, Simpson.......bla bla bla lol

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 22 Nov 2011, 2:26 pm

All after injury.

Think I'm entitled to back those players, go through and do an internet search on Rees and how many were predicting him to be England captain. I still think he'll come back to that level.

Simpson got Wasps player of the season last year (and I think year before) - again pundits saying he's a brilliant player.

If I started saying Birkett, Hart etc for England I'd have some Wasps bias, but players I like have all gone through the England set up, very well thought of and I'd be amazed if none of them played for England again.

Just like how George Ford will get ahead of Flood in next few years Wink

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 22 Nov 2011, 2:31 pm

I'll happily place the bet on Ford not taking over Flood but you won't take it.......all talk man.

Who cares what pundits think of players, most of us on here can forge our own opinion of players.

Rees will never play for for a substantional period again, if at all.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 22 Nov 2011, 2:34 pm

I've missed you Chris Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:31 pm

Didnt Wilkinson have an awful run of injuries Pooly? Would say much worse than Ree's - pretty sure he has played for last two years without an injury. Rees will be fine - trust me I know what I'm talking about (you could learn a lot by listening to me Wink )

I think pundits are a lot better placed to make judgments on players as they go and watch a lot of games and you just can't the flow of a game properly on tv compared to being at the game. That;s apart from Stephen Jones, he's awful.

Would probably put a bet on Brad Barritt being better than Flood in a few years, after all his handling is exceptional and he's played 10 before Smile

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:33 pm

Lads am after some English players, not just top notch players but a bit of both. Am willing to let some English go as well as some of my foreigners (bastereaud, stowers, tiesi, mumm, botes, james, basson etc).

ENQUIRE WITHIN.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:51 pm

Still no bet then Chris.....ah well.

I take pudits with a pinch of salt, the amount of times I've heard players are "world class" just makes a mockery of it. Heard it belted about for numerous players this weekend that are closer to pub teams than world class.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 22 Nov 2011, 7:03 pm

You guys heard Henry's reaction to the england post: 'no i've got enough problems!!!!" Awesome Wink
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 22 Nov 2011, 9:55 pm

Did anybody see Alex Cuthbert for cardiff on Friday?? The boy looked absolutely electric!

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Tue 22 Nov 2011, 10:09 pm

also Connacht got a penalty try by showing toulouse over from a 5 m scrum!!

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:41 am

Thanks for pointing that out Prop - by looks of it we will only have Mallinder who can say no by the end of this week! RFU aren't showering themselves in glory at the moment, obviously they went for Mallett as first choice and he rejected them.

Sadly I think the England job is a poisoned chalice at the moment and will be whilst the current RFU Board are in charge - really wouldnt like Mallinder to get the job until the RFU sorts itself out as they dont offer the support that coaches need.

Just hope we get a complete coaching overhaul soon - Stuart Lancaster is the ideal person to lead us into the 6Nations.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 23 Nov 2011, 11:12 am

Guys have the following EQ available

HK Chris Whitehead (E)
PR Nic Mayhew (E)
PR Ben Moon (E) (3)
PR Bob Baker (1 or 3)
SH Charlie Davies (E)
CE/FB Shane Geraghty (E)
CE Luke Eves (E)
FB Jack Wallace (E)

Also backrow options

FL Sione Kalamafoni (Tonga)
FL Alexander Lapandy (France)
FL/N8 Luke Watson (South Africa)

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 23 Nov 2011, 11:19 am

Also have some foreign backs available...

CE Willie Mason (Australia)
CE Casey Laulala (NZ)
WG/FB Rory Lamont (Scotland)
FB Myles Dorrian (Australia)

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 23 Nov 2011, 1:00 pm

It all just sounds so utterly shambolic it is untrue...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-2065095/England-players-let-loose-leaked-World-Cup-report.html
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2011, 1:13 pm

Yes pete. the times broke this the morning. Its really worth buying a copy of.

The main protagonists are Hartley, Tindall, Ashton and crew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 23 Nov 2011, 1:16 pm

Do you think this is real? Seems a little vague the bits I read and much of the money issues have already been said

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 23 Nov 2011, 1:18 pm

None of it surprises me to be honest Pooly, when you look at performances and just how the squad as a whole was.

Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 23 Nov 2011, 1:18 pm

Just read through that Pete, am absolutely shocked at how that has been allowed to happen.

Brilliant to read the thoughts of the players on the coaches and confirms exactly what I thought - really surprised about the comments on Moody, but in all honesty he's never a captain or leader of a team, as he was always second or third fiddle for England until all our good players retired.

Hope this gets most the coaches sacked, sees senior players not picked again and a younger team selected to move towards 2015 and dominance in 6Nations within next two years - honestly believe we have better players than the Welsh or France but have no idea as to how we can get the best from them.

With Lancaster in charge I think we could see a team like and he will give captaincy to eitehr Hartley or Croft.

1. Mullan - Lancaster has picked him as someone with lot of potential
2. Hartley - captain
3. Cole
4. Attwood
5. Lawes
6. Croft - captain
7. Wood
8. Easter
9. Youngs
10. Flood
11. Sharples
12. Farrell - kicking game and allows more adventurous bench
13. Tuilagi
14. Ashton
15. Foden

16. Webber 17. Stevens 18. Parling 19. Robshaw 20. Simpson 21. May 22. Simpson-Daniel

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 23 Nov 2011, 1:22 pm

I'd say Corbisiero would be ahead of Mullan still mate, and would go with Robshaw over Croft and Narraway over Easter in the back row, but apart from that I'd be happy enough with that team.

Would also have Gray over Webber on the bench.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next