The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

+7
dammit_chris
CJB
prop_lyd
'Arry Spurs
Steven_Sharks
stnick88
Driver
11 posters

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 13 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by Driver Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 13 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Welcome to the Aviva Premiership

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 13 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
LDCPete
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LDCPete Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases
National League Players

Waiting List
1. pullthestrings
2. Bathite
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 13 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:08 pm

and yes I'm very biased.

You should hear me talking about LFC. been screwed out of every trophy they haven't won since 1991.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage - Page 13 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 homepage

Post by CJB Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:23 pm

By yourselves Steven. Not been good enough for years Wink

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:27 pm

5 times

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:24 pm

It was a very good 2011 team, that's for sure.

I think the 2012 team will be very good too - its easy to say that the 2011 team was better because we all now know each of the players and a lot have gone on to play for their teams.

The good thing this year is that there are a lot who played last year and have gone on to gain more experience - Ford is playing week in week out for Leeds (stared in a 60point win the other week), Daly plays a lot for Wasps and Elliott has got 7 tries in 7 games for the Saints first team this year, has Heineken Cup experience etc. Ben Spencer was getting pundits saying he should be in the Saxons etc.

One area I am not so sure is the front five, they've got two very good hookers and a great backrow - Vunipola should excel at the championship from the base of the scrum, he's got a lot fitter and Nutley is a tackling machine.

They will miss Farrell at 12 for them, but would say the backline is fine with Ford controlling it and getting the ball to Daly should be easier without Farrell there.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Leeds are living off loan players atm and I think they may be in real trouble in the AP if they come up.

Got Tommy Bell (Points machine), Iain Thornley, Will Cliff and Jordan Davies from Sale and have Ford from Leicester. That's a full backline minus the wings.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:36 pm

It's changed their season around though! They were looking like candidates for relegation first 6-8 weeks.

Still think Ford is the best young player around - think the loan system works wonders for young premiership players and was one of the good things that Rob Andrew oversaw making that league stronger.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:42 pm

I think Ford is one of the best young players around the world. As he stands he doesn't have a weakness which is obvious. Didn't look out of place in his AP appearances this year.

Him, Farrell and Tuilagi could prove to be a magnificent 3/4 in the future.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:04 pm

I've got Ford on the new AP and have been unimpressed when I watched him in the AP. He tended to kick away possession too much and looked nothing special, admitably he is a youngster and has bags of talent but I don't see stepping up anytime soon.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:04 pm

Nearly cried laughing at the opening bit of the rugby club with Quinell, Greenwood et al discussing the European games.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:25 pm

Want to sell him to me Pooly?!!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:30 pm

Good offer and he's yours mate, I do like potential but it tends to get overated on here.

You look back at U20 sides over the years and half are'nt even playing AP rugby anymore never mind the best youngster to ever walk the planet etc etc.

We tend to massivley overate young talent.....I seem to remember Cipriani being touted as the next best thing, not really setting the world alight is he?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Ford is an unreal talent and I'd put him as my highest hope for England.

IRB Young player of the year at 18. He still has two more years in the under 20's if he has to so plenty of time to develop. Doing well with Leeds in the Championship as well and playing at Leicester won't hurt his development.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:44 pm

Ford's got rave reviews in all his appearances for Leeds so far. He'll be Tigers and England 10 in the future for a very long time, has kicking game, running game, passing game and agree with you completely Steven.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:48 pm

Yea you maybe right, he was pretty poor when I seen him play for Leicester though. Still a young boy, he has time to develop his game I guess.

Didn't Salvea win it the year before? He's really struggled to develop since....as I said potential seems to massivley overated. Not all of these "wonder kids" kick on to become top players.

It's like the stupid comments that Ford would be first choice ahead of Flood by next season...he isn't. If you think that you know very little about rugby.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:09 pm

"He'll be Tigers and England 10 in the future for a very long time"

The same comment was said about Cipriani, I prefer to rate on what a player is delivering rather on what he might.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:34 pm

Joe simpson was world player of the year also. Believe freuan was as well. Some players develop quicker and then never progress as the game seems easy to then and so they don't apply themselves.

So many done it before but I must say sometimes you see a talent and you think they have it all. Ford is one of those players as is may of Gloucester. Banged on about him on here for years. Certain players have time on the ball and it really shows.

The same as when I first saw bod, carter etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Simpson was world player of the year!!! Jesus

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:41 pm

Think i was IRB U20 player of the year at one stage

such wasted talent lol
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:56 pm

http://www.rfu.com/SquadsAndPlayers/EnglandElite/JoeSimpson

Simpson was short listed for it my mistake!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:59 pm

Kinda shows you potential can stagnate, Simpson is a year older than Youngs and he has 15+ caps.

Totally lottery really, that's why I find this "will be world class" stuff so idiotic when a player has played 2/3 AP games...mental.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:10 pm

There are certain players you see and just know though pooly. Saw may in an a team game as loads of the cinderford lot had said the guy was unreal as they all train there for facilities.

Think it was Downey who ran down his channel and got hit really hard and spilled the ball some molenaar picked
Up the loose ball and flipped it up and may had got up from the tackle and from a standing start went length of pitch from our 22. He must have been 18 but his awareness was unreal.

I think it's rugby intelligence you look for. I could have told you loads of the under 20s would not make it as they just had physical attributes however the ones with rugby intelligence stand out.

Ainscombe, cane and Sam and Luke whitlock for example were not the best players in their teams but you just know they will make it as they played like players and not athletes.

Think ford and Daley are the big hopes with kvesic. Think vunipola will be a an average club player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:20 pm

I am fully aware that the award doesn't mean he will success but he just looks the real deal to me.

I think it was Leicester v Wasps during the world cup where he and 36 looked like they were Wilko and Greenwood the way they were playing and knew each others next move before they did.

Ford reminds me of Hodgson in the way he looks when playing rugby.

For me the 5 top hopes for England are Ford, Thomas, Launchbury, Gibson and May. (Not counting Farrell or Marler as they are in the EPS)

I haven't seen enough of Daly and Kvesic to make a proper judgement. Haywood also looks a top player but not really got a proper look at his throwing or scrummaging.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Top 2 inches are the most important parts of any rugby player
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:28 pm

Good post Steve agree with those. Also think ford will be top. Kvesic looks great in the Ap and Daley has such time and awareness.

13 is our weak position yet we have may, trinder, Daley, jj and Lowe and hopper as emerging talents there so looks promising. Tuilagi to 12 maybe

We have options coming through but one of them needs to seize the moment and develop.

Exciting times

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Driver - RIP 606 wrote:Top 2 inches are the most important parts of any rugby player

Yachvilli great example
Of this. Guy has no physical attributes and is no cover tackler but can win games on his own. Clever clever player

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:35 pm

One thing I do hope happens is that there is a fast track for the best players in the under 20's straight into the Saxons. We have seen this happen this time but I don't like the Saxons squad just being filled with players who are there in case of injury.

We should be able to draft in Narraway, Waldrom or Banahan into the senior side without them taking up spots in the Saxons squads which don't benefit them in my view.

The squad places should go to players who need to be prepared for what is required at the top level.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:42 pm

Agree again Steve. These young players need testing and chance to learn. Think if ford goes well again in u20s get him in saxons. Won't learn anything by doing another year at u 20 wc.

Kvesic Daley etc could all learn by at least training in the England environment.

Remember Scw bringing In Paul Sampson at 17 to train and the tragic nick duncombe. Did it with loads of others who went on to have good careers. Some worked some didn't but at least they had the chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:43 pm

Yet to be convinced with Ford at all tbh, not ssen anything to suggest potential world class and was poor for Tigers, Such a young boy though I feel bad slating him, typical Englishness though bigging him up.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:50 pm

Seen him do well for tigers once and for England and was impressed. Think Leeds will make
Him. He defends well well and does not appear to have a weakness.

Look at burns for Gloucester he is so inconsistent and weak in tackling head on( positoning not lack of effort or bottle and easily smoothed out)

Ford has none of those rough edges. Same with farrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:55 pm

Only just realised how close we are to a Lions tour. year and a half. can't wait. Would absolutely love to get over to it or at least some of it.

Watch Warburton lead them to a tour victory with Cooper the player of the series. Can't wait

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:56 am

Am off skiing late tonight for a week gents, so won't be on.

I'll post my Heino team on SJE's page OK

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:22 am

Nice for some! Enjoy Luke thumbsup

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm Looking towards next season and will have some players available in the summer as will need to promote players from my academy. Can do deals for them now either to go through at the end of the season or in the summer.

Rob Vickers
Fabio Ongaro
Matias Aguero
Ceri Jones
Jerome Thion
Erik Lund
Alasdair Strokosch
David Seymour
Tomas O'Leary
Gareth Steenson
Riki Flutey
Gonzalo Canale
Cedric Heymans
Joe Rokocoko

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Ollie Phillips has signed for Gloucester

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:51 pm

good signing morgan out sharples and may and trinder with england and big les gone so makes sense

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Very good player, will do a job for sure.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:09 pm

What a start from Ulster.

Leicester are gonna need some top class performances to win this game.

Will take Youngs, Parling, Croft etc to show that they are as good as they are claimed to be.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:32 pm

Tigers will never win with no recognised 10

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:33 pm

Wish i had sky sports for these HC weekends....... furious
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:45 pm

There pack needs to start playing first. Can't blame 36 when the pack is getting beat.

Court having a huge game at the scrum. A top level tighthead could be what propels Ulster to the next level.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:50 pm

Even if on top 36 is no FH, Ulster by a score without a doubt

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Leicester are having a nightmare upfront. Croft, Castro, Parling and Ayerza haven't turned up. Pienaar is such a class act though and is bossing the game. Youngs playing quite well as well to be honest. Him, Smith, Waldrom and Hawkins are doing alright.

To be fair though Both Ulster tries have been top notch finishes. Trimble could have been one of the best in Europe if he had a bit more in defence. Reminds me of David Duckham a little.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Great 40 minutes of rugby.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:10 pm

Hawkins really puts himself around. Sometimes illegally but looking very good tonight.

Nightmare 5 mins for 36

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:30 pm

Feel sorry for him because he's not a 10.

Metro v Edinburgh looks a good game

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Youngs dissapointing me with his reaction to refs decisions. Acting like a child.

Madness from Cole. I am losing faith in England as this game goes on.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:43 pm

Leicester absolutely cr ap tonight - last try sums up their whole performance.

England players have been very bad - you just can't play a no12 at no10 in important games, they'd be better with Staunton and 36 at 12 in these games!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:48 pm

Not one Leicester player has turned up in this 2nd half. Battered in every department. Wonder who fancies going to Ravenhill if they get into the QF.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Ulster are very handy at home but can be get at by a good pack as seen v Biarritz last year.

Agree there Chris, 36 is a very good 12 but plays like a 12 when he plays 10. Totally ruins the backline balance and stutters the plays. Big fan of 36 but they need to stop shoe horning him in at 10.

Not massivley surprised by the result, Tigers tend to go a bit crazy once they're losing by 10+

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:15 pm

no English teams that's for sure! Don't know what is going on with Tigers atm - think a big game for Saints this week and we could well see Dickson becoming starting no9, Wood playing no6.

Don't think Tigers have a very good backline, possibly worst Tigers team in last decade atm.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next