The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

+7
stnick88
SirJohnnyEnglish
dammit_chris
Steven_Sharks
Sgt_Pooly
prop_lyd
Ozzy3213
11 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 9 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 9 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Fantasy Aviva Premiership Current League Table

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 9 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
Ozzy3213
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LV Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases
National League Players

Waiting List
1. pullthestrings
2. Bathite

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Sat 05 May 2012, 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 9 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 10:52 pm

Welch was great driver. We were chanting sign him up.

Steve I said servat
One of best ever not the best. Best ever probably fitzgerald in my life
Time.

Servat far better than mealamu who has had certain seasons where was poor or fat. Also just an ok scrum merchant.

Smit also a legend and one of the best. Such a leader we are lucky to have had both in same era

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage - Page 9 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 14 Apr 2012, 10:53 pm

Which Ebersohn you a big fan of Mat, Sias or Robert?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 14 Apr 2012, 10:54 pm

Fitzy the best for me, best of all time.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 14 Apr 2012, 10:55 pm

He's a tidy player mate but not better than Gibson.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 10:56 pm

Pete I have a signed autobiog of fitz called fronting up. Great read and a great man.

He seriously rated gatland as hooker and says Brian Moore a joke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 10:58 pm

Both but Robert at centre is tidy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:01 pm

Robert Ebersohn is a great attacking player. Cheetahs got loads of good players but don't quite seem to click as a team to get the results.

Just watching their game with the Chiefs from earlier. Cruden in some serious sensational form at the moment.

Love Fitzgerald. Think he is possibly my all time favourite player.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:08 pm

Simon Shaw is possibly my favorite player of all time
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:18 pm

Fitz, uli schmidt, richard loe and mike Teague my fave players. However Teague and Michael jones
Are my ultimate heroes. Michael jones best player
Ever by a mile. Simply remarkable

Bakkies burger and Johnno my modern players

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:19 pm

favourite backline of players I've seen

9. Rob Howley
10. Dan Carter/Matt Giteau
11. Jonah Lomu
12. Will Greenwood
13. Brian O'Driscoll
14. Jason Robinson
15. Christian Cullen

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:27 pm

9 Farr jones
10 carter
11 campese
12 horan
13 bod
14 lomu
15 blanco

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:28 pm

Fitzgerald, Smit, Funbus, Richard Hill and Michael Jones my 5 favourite players of all time.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:31 pm

Teague and Johnson with no smit in my list. Loved bunce shelford zinzan etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:31 pm

Favourite backline (not necessarily the best) that I have seen...

9. Joost
10. Carter
11. Roff
12. Umaga
13. BOD
14. Robinson
15. Cullen

Billy Whizz the only NH player who would get in my fave backline.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:32 pm

Buck Shelford proper legend. Another big favourite of mine. Hard as nails.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:36 pm

9.Joost
10.Wilkinson (2000-2003)
11.Shane Williams
12.Jauzion
13.Drico
14.Robinson
15.Montgomery

20.Phillips
21.Carter
22.Lewsey
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:40 pm

Blanco best player ever seen for me. Watched campo and lomu also and they were
Great

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:40 pm

my backline would eat yours alive Driver ;-)

never rated Montgomery, just a kicking machine, saw him when he played in Wales and couldnt stand the bloke!

Cullen was I think the best player I ever saw, was absolutely immense, best runner with the ball, he just glided through defenses and always looked like he had another 10 gears he could go through with ease.

Joost was great - but he never won Wasps the HC!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:43 pm

Blanco 10x Cullen

Gregan worth a shout

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:45 pm

Stephan Larkham anyone? I was tempted to go with Stirling Mortlock at 13 - great player in his day.

Chris Latham at full back as well.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:47 pm

i went off Blanco after he assaulted Nigel Heaslop in the France/Eng game. He was a top player though.

Sella I always enjoyed watching, but Tim Horan was a different class. always have will greenwood as my favourite centre as saw him play more than any of the other greats - think he was biggest loss to Englands backs post 2003.

Aussies had some amazing players, Latham and Roff - I played against the latter in my last proper serious game, he absolutely decked me - was like running into a brick wall that had 10 inches of steel around it, and then coated in concrete. He was playing for Oxford or Cambridge uni, played him the fortnight before the varsity match - he played at flyhalf, I was at 12 - I honestly never kicked the ball so much in a game as I couldnt take the impact of his tackles! Never known anything like it.

He must have been very mid-late 30s when I played him - was incredible!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:48 pm

Larkham good but no carter.
He was also English believe it or not. Larkham great at playing flat. Burke full back was some player but blanco so good untrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:49 pm

My favourite side of all time varies week by week. I am sure i may have done one before and might be entirely diffferent from the week before.

1. Andrew Sheridan
2. Keith Wood
3. Gethin Jenkins
4. Nathan Sharpe
5. Victor Matfield
6. Sebastian Chabal
7. Fergus Slattery
8. Sergio Parisse
9. Gareth Edwards
10. Quade Cooper
11. Jason Robinson
12. Graeme Bond
13. John Spencer
14. Rory Underwood/David Duckham
15. JPR Williams

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:52 pm

Think Blanco was probably best fullback overall but Cullen best attacking player - look at some of the tries he scored!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0945lQKP7I

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:53 pm

He was barely 30 he was just a diverse character he played against cinderford for Oxford uni and was ten. I was there when blanco did heslop.

Blanco best fb ever such class loved
Sella but blanco wow. He is fat as a house now and owns Biarritz and boutiques I always by from his shops. Really over priced but good.
About 140 quid a polo top and 250 a sweater.
Never see anyone else
Wearing it though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:56 pm

Good call steve

1 leonard
2 fitz
3 mas
4 Johnson
5 eales
6 Teague
7 jones
8 hari
9 Farr jones
10 carter
11 campese
12 horan
13 bod /bunce
14 lomu
15 blanco

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:57 pm

Here is a question out of all players in the game who is not yours who would you like to own???

Mine is JOC

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:02 am

pocock, mccaw, carter, joc - think they are the best players in the world

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:03 am

Sam Whitelock
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:06 am

Pocock is now carrying and looking good. Think mccaw is on last legs. Legend though

Hari for me up there as best player in world so talented and unique.

If
Fit
Juan smith must be there and schalk
Deserved best player in world the times he has
won
It

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:08 am

Great call driver Sam whitelock easily best 5 in world wand
So good. They have him and we have Parling ??!!! That highlights why we are not any good

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:11 am

He'd be unstoppable alongside a brute in my second row like Pierre/Shaw
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:16 am

In the wet your 2nd row awesome.

Botha Parling etc annoy me as they are a stop gap until
We find better.

Stormers today had 3 second rows who would walk in our side which shows dIfference.

Personally I would have robson in england squad on form his lineout good and much better carrier than Botha and Parling but he would also be a stop gap.

4,5,7,9,10,12,11 are all open for England with a cast of mediocrity competing for places.

Tuilagi will end
Up
We have so many 13s coming through

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:22 am

I don't have much hope for us in most positions to be honest and think we'll be stuck to a limited game plan because of this. I was watching the Australia Barbarians game the other day and Scott Higgenbottom danced his way around Sam Tomkins which show's how much emphasis the southern hemisphere place on skills which is something i'v also belived in coaching in depth all with understanding the game which alone is the hardest thing to coach and learn at the same time.

People were going bezerk about Tom Crofts side step in his try vs France but in truth he just jumps out of the way of the contact and it's hailed as a brilliant step when i fact his just moved.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:27 am

I agree skill levels too
Low. Watch read, burger, pocock etc their basics
So good.

Same back wise watch jdj devilliers carter Joc Barnes dagg beale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:37 am

Robson long long way from Int class, so underpowered for 2nd row. Good on own throw but doesn't threaten opp.

Parling fantastic in 6N and major plus, I like Botha too but neither huge carriers. Garvey needs a pop with Palmer on downward spiral.

SA fans whinging about Bakkies levels dropping off in T14 too. Apparently put on over a stone in fat and had warning from Meyer about his form.

McCaw will be kept in cotton wool by AB's, almost year younger than Hari and played through WC with injury.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:38 am

I get the feeling that if James O'Connor , Isreal Dagg and Berrick Barnes were born on council estates in the north of England they wouldn't of made it past the National league 1 barrier.

Berrick Barnes is one of the greatest thinkers in world rugby and makes backlines tick from 10 or 12 but if he turned up to a England training session he'd be told his not big enough to play 12 and he's kicking isn't up to scratch for fly half and his obvious attacking talents would be ignored.

I think that rugby from the age of 6 - 16 should be skills based in training and games with a emphasis on fitness and gym work kept to a minimum like it is in Australia and New Zealand.

A big thing which grinds on me is since i took over as a coach of one of the adult teams at Seaton is the amount of people who complain about being unfit but then go out till 4am and sit on there arse during the week and don't bother doing PT or rugby training. 90% of fitness is your own work.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:41 am

What a defence

Mccaw was injured during wc which is why I wonder if he will get back. Mccaw on 1 leg better than most players in world.

Robson carries well and so dominating. Care to share bakkies fat link??? After watching falcons today palmer
Will be going to champ side falcons wanted it so much

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:43 am

Great comment driver rugby training is not about fitness.
You get fitness from your own work outside.

Pre season is fitness work but during season training should be rugby related. That said
At a poor
Level
People come
Unfit so maybe you should
Do fitness as otherwise they will do none

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:45 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Robson long long way from Int class, so underpowered for 2nd row. Good on own throw but doesn't threaten opp.

Parling fantastic in 6N and major plus, I like Botha too but neither huge carriers. Garvey needs a pop with Palmer on downward spiral.

SA fans whinging about Bakkies levels dropping off in T14 too. Apparently put on over a stone in fat and had warning from Meyer about his form.

McCaw will be kept in cotton wool by AB's, almost year younger than Hari and played through WC with injury.

How is
Palmer on downward when he was excellent when coming on as sub????

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:49 am

I'm starting pre-season 4 weeks early and doing 3 nights a week with 2 based round fitness and the third based around skills work with the fitness being Monday/Tuesday and the skills on Fridays to let the lads have a few beers after training and build a bit more of a team atmosphere.

They're in a cup final on Wednesday and i'm going to miss it due to work but with out sounding harsh i can't see us winning it because the other team has a bit of fire power in the pack , pacey 3/4s and a bit of structure which is all you really need to succeed at this level.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:51 am

Can wonder if any player will come back everytime injured, it's a lottery.

Robson good AP player. Makes Borthwick look like Brad Thorn in carrying stakes though, seriously not a good carrier. Robson cracking on own throw, possibly best in prem but never see him steal. Parling much better all round as why in England set up.

Need a big carrier involved somewhere.

Palmer really poor in T14 (been used as impact sub all season ie dropped.) Has always been pretty physical but getting on, that's why hardly used and sent back to France by Lancaster.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:53 am

Driver if you can do 3 to 5phases at that level you will win. Next time
You watch count the phases and I bet they rarely get to 5 if they do they will
Score

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:54 am

"Palmer on downward when he was excellent when coming on as sub????"

Kind of answering your own question there. You think Botha & Parling are poor but Palmer was on bench and prob wouldn't have been if Lawes fully fit.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:56 am

Get robsons stats vs Parling and let's see. Robson great tackler and does hard yards scored today also

Interested to see stats. Did you like the AJ impact sub links ?? Told you that's how they do it. AJ phenomenal today again. Basically a 30 minute player.

Pica moles should be used in same way as too lazy/unfit for 80 minutes

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:57 am

I totally agree Matt

Today our 7 spilt the ball and the opposition took it on 2 short drives in our 22 sent the 12 on a crash ball pulled all the defenders into the centre and our winger pulled in leaving a good 10 yards on his outside and the opposition 9 snipped because for some reason unknown to me we threw everyone in the ruck and he fed he's winger for what was possibly the easiest try of his career.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:57 am

I agree in that we have dross 2nd rows in terms of int. elstadt etzbeth and Bekker would all walk in our side

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:59 am

Lancaster is a clown also bet we get smashed in SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:59 am

If Parling & Botha dross where does that put Palmer & Robson?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 1:02 am

Let's see stats !?

Palmer int class the rest not

Pooly i reckon England have issues.
Think slater offers more In some ways.

If you play croft you need ball carrying 2nd rows I can't name one good enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next