The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lukas Rosol

+16
lydian
reckoner
gboycottnut
Danny_1982
Chydremion
Josiah Maiestas
super_realist
Good Golly I'm Olly
socal1976
invisiblecoolers
User 774433
laverfan
luciusmann
Seifer Almasy
newballs
TopoftheChops
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lukas Rosol - Page 2 Empty Lukas Rosol

Post by TopoftheChops Thu Jun 28 2012, 22:22

First topic message reminder :

You sir are my hero!

What a match, what great hitting, where was Nadal?

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Lukas Rosol - Page 2 Empty Re: Lukas Rosol

Post by Seifer Almasy Fri Jun 29 2012, 09:44

Except I do play sport. I play for a darts team and I go tennis once a week. Try again. Oh and...

Lukas Rosol - Page 2 XcWh5

You aren't talking about sport, you are condoning breaking peoples legs in sport or otherwise. And you don't seem to realise why that makes you awful. When I play darts I don't aim for peoples eye balls and then come up with a on-crack statement that they deserved it.

Last edited by Seifer Almasy on Fri Jun 29 2012, 09:47; edited 1 time in total

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29 2012, 09:46

Laugh

Darts!!!

I'll give you credit for the picture though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Fri Jun 29 2012, 09:47

I said darts and tennis. Darts is every bit as competitive as a game I can tell you. But looks like you are another of the "not a sport" snobs.

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29 2012, 09:51

Laugh

My mother played darts for other 15 years. As does my work colleague. I have played darts from a leisure perspective. Any 'sport' played in a boozer is going to struggle to shake the tag of 'not a sport' and more of a drinkers activity.

You could call me a snob, but I am not posh enough to be one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri Jun 29 2012, 10:02

legendkillarV2 wrote:Laugh

My mother played darts for other 15 years. As does my work colleague. I have played darts from a leisure perspective. Any 'sport' played in a boozer is going to struggle to shake the tag of 'not a sport' and more of a drinkers activity.

I know.

Its like football, how can it be a sport with rubbish teams like Blackburn Rovers running around. Headscratch
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29 2012, 10:20

Josiah Maiestas wrote:

I know.

Its like football, how can it be a sport with rubbish teams like Blackburn Rovers running around. Headscratch

Blackburn will rise like a phoenix from the ashes and win the Champions League!!! raspberry

Anyhow, what the flip happened to Dolgo!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Fri Jun 29 2012, 10:42

Summary of arguments to defend Nadal's timewasting:

1) Attacking the OP personally

Everyone who went to school should have learned that arguments should be based on the topic, not on one of the debaters. INVALID.

2) It's just his routine

So when a serial killer is active and thus breaking the laws, we can just say 'yeah, but it's his routine. Doesn't change the fact he's breaking the rules. INVALID.

3) The umpire didn't call him on it

Doesn't mean he didn't do something wrong. Maybe the umpire was just not in the mood to call him on it or maybe he didn't dare. INVALID.

So I'm still waiting for a descent argument, although I guess none can be found in this case. I'd actually prefer that people, instead of making those pathetic arguments, would just say 'I admit he does wrong, but I respect/love him so much I don't care. But please don't use those arguments that don't make sense at all.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Fri Jun 29 2012, 10:44

Spot on. The reason they don't say that of course is they still know right from wrong and don't want to admit they don't care.

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri Jun 29 2012, 10:48

legendkillarV2 wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:

I know.

Blackburn will rise like a phoenix from the ashes and win the Champions League!!! raspberry

Youre now officially on the block list. tomato

Lukas Rosol - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiyeJpuwNkqZ9uNBRyewalTVKAbuHS5z-Iyakdvycakz3d8vLQxw
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Jun 29 2012, 10:51

Let us, for the sake of argument, assume Nadal should be hung by his cojones for time violations or bumping into Rosol.

1. Against Nadal, Federer has played 28 matches, Djokovic has played him 33 matches, Murray has played 18 matches. which is a total of 79 matches. His W/L is 582/121 ~ 703. For approximations, 10% of his career match record is against the current Top 4. He has not bumped into either of these players. Rosol is the first one. His famous ritual is to step of the court during changeovers after his opponent. Thare is factual evidence (aka Video evidence Wink) on UTube. He apologised after the incident as stated by his opponent Rosol. Why do posters feel this is gamesmanship?

2. My little math average exercise has drawn no response from anyone on this thread. Seifer, JM, anyone?

3. Federer has given Nadal and his GF a ride/lift on his private jet, IIRC, during one of the IWs. If Nadal was a cheat, would Federer be naive enough to do that? What does that say about Federer's ability to judge character?

Your hatred for a specific player is rather unhealthy. There are (and will be, for the next few weeks) articles praising Rosol, then the amnestic public memory will forget. Very few mention Muller these days. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Fri Jun 29 2012, 10:51

I personally blame the umpires for allowing Nadal (and others) to get away with the time wasting and other antics. He is the person supposedly enforcing the rules.

In Nadal's shoes, I would do everything I possibly could to try and get into the mind of my opponent. Some may say bad sportsmanship or blatent rule breaking, I would reiterate that the umpire is the one who dictates whether any wrong doing has taken place.

I know few agree with me on this one as tennis is a gentlemans sport, but I would try to seek any advantage I could in Rafa's shoes and if the umpire didn't pull me up on it I'd keep doing it. It is the umpires who are at fault here, they have to enforce the laws. Otherwise people will keep bending them.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Fri Jun 29 2012, 10:54

"Lukas Rosol"

Not surprised that Rosol won as he is Ivan Lendl's pal.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29 2012, 10:56

TopoftheChops wrote:You sir are my hero!

What a match, what great hitting, where was Nadal?

1) Attacking the OP personally

Everyone who went to school should have learned that arguments should be based on the topic
, not on one of the debaters. INVALID.

I am glad this forum has retarded posters like this.

1) Selfer is not the OP

2) The topic was not time wasting

Now were you bending over when god was giving out brains?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29 2012, 10:57

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:

I know.

Youre now officially on the block list. tomato

Lukas Rosol - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiyeJpuwNkqZ9uNBRyewalTVKAbuHS5z-Iyakdvycakz3d8vLQxw

Laugh

Take me off when we are Champions of Europe.

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Jun 29 2012, 10:58

Chydremion wrote:
3) The umpire didn't call him on it

Doesn't mean he didn't do something wrong. Maybe the umpire was just not in the mood to call him on it or maybe he didn't dare. INVALID.

So I'm still waiting for a descent argument, although I guess none can be found in this case. I'd actually prefer that people, instead of making those pathetic arguments, would just say 'I admit he does wrong, but I respect/love him so much I don't care. But please don't use those arguments that don't make sense at all.

Yet, the same umpire has argued with Federer during USO 2009. Laugh They overrule, they allow/disallow challenges. This has nothing to do with umpire's mood, but his interpretation of rules. Have you ever been to a judicial court, where the authority is vested in a judge, and not anyone else? chin

Do you want a judge to decide a murder, or should it be done with UTube evidence with SMS-based voting like reality shows, or better still, with clips of Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Friday the 13th? Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:03

LF your purely hypothetical mathematical exercise doesn't hold much relevance given Nadal's history of holding up play. It's got to the stage where even commentators (who know which side their bread is buttered) are pointing it out.

Rosol himself, when questioned about it said he felt it was wrong of Rafa to barge him like that on centre court.

What's more I don't read much into Federer giving him a lift years ago - and in any case Fed's personal friendship with the guy doesn't excuse Nadal's behaviour on court.

What about Toni coaching him on court? It's against the rules, but umpires don't pick up on it, so that's ok then?

If the best thing one can say about Nadal's conduct is that he signed some autographs after the match, well that just about says it all really.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:06

What about Toni coaching him on court? It's against the rules, but umpires don't pick up on it, so that's ok then?

So you know for a fact above 8,000 fans cheering that you can tell he was 'coaching'?

Your picking LF for being hypothetical?

So why should your 'hypothetical' point hold substance?

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:12

legendkillarV2 wrote:

So you know for a fact above 8,000 fans cheering that you can tell he was 'coaching'?

Your picking LF for being hypothetical?

So why should your 'hypothetical' point hold substance?

Hey I'm not the only one saying it - it was there bold as brass on the BBC match page.

Anyway, how are you lkv2? I've been off the boards for a while, how are things?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:15

Reckoner... was Nadal not fined for his 'coaching' incident at W? Do you think he needed harsher judgement, or is it something more personal? chin

I am surprised you did not read this part of the bumping story...

He hit me, and then three times he apologize. And I say, Okay, okay, okay. It was okay.

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=18480&zoneid=25

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:21

laverfan wrote:Reckoner... was Nadal not fined for his 'coaching' incident at W? Do you think he needed harsher judgement, or is it something more personal? chin

I am surprised you did not read this part of the bumping story...

He hit me, and then three times he apologize. And I say, Okay, okay, okay. It was okay.

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=18480&zoneid=25

LF nothing personal - I just don't like players that break the rules being held up as the model of fair play.

I'm surprised you didn't notice the rest of the quote:

"I was surprised that he can do it on the Centre Court Wimbledon," Rosol said. "It's like something wrong. But I didn't expect it also. Was his choice. He did it. ... I just stop. I thought that he wants to let me go first, but then he start to walk fast. I stop because I don't want to hit me. He hit me, and then three times he apologize. And I say, Okay, okay, okay. It was okay."

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:23

I mean really what do you do if your opponent barges you and then says "sorry sorry sorry"? You say "no worries". It doesn't change the fact that they were unsportsmanlike.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:24

He hardly barged him Laugh
I was there, Nadal barely touched him, and I don't think he did it on purpose.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:25

It Must Be Love wrote:He hardly barged him Laugh

I'll bet Rosol was colser to the incident than you were though Very Happy

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:25

reckoner wrote:LF your purely hypothetical mathematical exercise doesn't hold much relevance given Nadal's history of holding up play. It's got to the stage where even commentators (who know which side their bread is buttered) are pointing it out.

Which just increases the bias the viewers might have? John Mc said everyone should play at Nadal's pace in one of his BBC commentary sessions. It is available on iPlayer. Wink

reckoner wrote:Rosol himself, when questioned about it said he felt it was wrong of Rafa to barge him like that on centre court.

PS: Yes, that is true. Remember Berdych refusing to shake hands with Almagro, despite the Almagro apology at AO. Wink

reckoner wrote:What about Toni coaching him on court? It's against the rules, but umpires don't pick up on it, so that's ok then?

They do, Cedric Mourier, and he was fined, by W.

reckoner wrote:If the best thing one can say about Nadal's conduct is that he signed some autographs after the match, well that just about says it all really.

... and not picking up Rosol's racquet? Laugh

Last edited by laverfan on Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:31; edited 1 time in total

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:26

If that is what you guys call a barge, is a fight if they touch fists?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:27

It was a barge. Anyhow I liked the needle they had with each other. Sometimes matches like that are enjoyed more by the extra spice.

I am well reckoner. How's life treating you?

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:27

He barely touched him picard

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:27

reckoner wrote:

Should I now make the 'closer' argument regarding the Umpires being closer to 'time violations' than TV spectators? Laugh

Last edited by laverfan on Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:32; edited 1 time in total

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:28

IBML he touched him. It doesn't matter how light or hard it may be interpretted. I laughed. I wish players would do it more often!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:29

Olly wrote:If that is what you guys call a barge, is a fight if they touch fists?

Did they shake hands at the end? Was it a fight then? Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:32

laverfan wrote:
reckoner wrote:LF your purely hypothetical mathematical exercise doesn't hold much relevance given Nadal's history of holding up play. It's got to the stage where even commentators (who know which side their bread is buttered) are pointing it out.

Which just increases the bias the viewers might have? John Mc said everyone should play at Nadal's pace in one of his BBC commentary sessions. It is available on iPlayer. Wink

reckoner wrote:Rosol himself, when questioned about it said he felt it was wrong of Rafa to barge him like that on centre court.

reckoner wrote:What about Toni coaching him on court? It's against the rules, but umpires don't pick up on it, so that's ok then?

They do, Cedric Mourier, and he was fined, by W.

reckoner wrote:If the best thing one can say about Nadal's conduct is that he signed some autographs after the match, well that just about says it all really.

... and not picking up Rosol's racquet? Laugh

And did you see the way he returned the racquet to Rosol? It wasn't done for Rosol's benefit, you are gullible to believe otherwise.

He was fined once by W because it was incredibly blatant - the rest of the time it goes unpunished.

McEnroe is really known for his sense of sportsmanship isn't he - I mean clearly that is his legacy.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:35

laverfan wrote:
reckoner wrote:

Should I now make the 'closer' argument regarding the Umpires being closer to 'time violations' than TV spectators? Laugh

LF, that doesn't even make sense. Proximity has no bearing on time taken between points, which is independently measured. Clearly you are all set to make as many excuses for Nadal as you can muster today.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:36

LF...there's no point interjecting during "Nadal Open Season" Wink
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:38

Right, of course, that must be it "open season".

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:39

reckoner wrote:And did you see the way he returned the racquet to Rosol? It wasn't done for Rosol's benefit, you are gullible to believe otherwise.

I have seen it five times already. Wink. You are unwilling to question Rosol throwing it in the first place? chin

reckoner wrote:He was fined once by W because it was incredibly blatant - the rest of the time it goes unpunished.

The benefit of 8 or 16 cameras that spectators have on TV, is not available to the umpire. Would you prefer hawkeye (the technology) be used similar to Cricket?

reckoner wrote:McEnroe is really known for his sense of sportsmanship isn't he - I mean clearly that is his legacy.

Should I not at least listen to hear what he says, since he is got the microphone? For example,

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_john-mcenroe-tips-roger-federer-to-win-wimbledon-2012_1706118

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:43

legendkillarV2 wrote:It was a barge. Anyhow I liked the needle they had with each other. Sometimes matches like that are enjoyed more by the extra spice.

I am well reckoner. How's life treating you?

Ridiculously busy! Had exams a couple of weeks ago so had to forego tennis forums for a while and have been trying to catch up with my social life since... Ale

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:43

lydian wrote:LF...there's no point interjecting during "Nadal Open Season" Wink

Reckoner is all right, though. He brings up points, without emotion, and at least does not behave like a lynch mob.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:47

I am amazed at the amount hatred that a Nadal defeat spews. The guy lost. I thought there would be street parties, not threads of how much he is a scumbag! Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:47

laverfan wrote:
reckoner wrote:And did you see the way he returned the racquet to Rosol? It wasn't done for Rosol's benefit, you are gullible to believe otherwise.

I have seen it five times already. Wink. You are unwilling to question Rosol throwing it in the first place? chin

People have done worse when celebrating a win. Ripping shirts off etc...

laverfan wrote:
reckoner wrote:He was fined once by W because it was incredibly blatant - the rest of the time it goes unpunished.

The benefit of 8 or 16 cameras that spectators have on TV, is not available to the umpire. Would you prefer hawkeye (the technology) be used similar to Cricket?

YES.

laverfan wrote:
reckoner wrote:McEnroe is really known for his sense of sportsmanship isn't he - I mean clearly that is his legacy.

Should I not at least listen to hear what he says, since he is got the microphone? For example,

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_john-mcenroe-tips-roger-federer-to-win-wimbledon-2012_1706118

Doesn't change the fact that McEnroe comes up with a load of bull at times. I prefer Courier's commentary these days. You know who they SHOULD get in to do commentary - Agassi.

Last edited by laverfan on Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:53; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : aargh stupid quotes I give up ! corrected. ;))

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:50

laverfan wrote:

Reckoner is all right, though. He brings up points, without emotion, and at least does not behave like a lynch mob.

Why thank you LF! Hug

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:54

legendkillarV2 wrote:

I am amazed at the amount hatred that a Nadal defeat spews. The guy lost. I thought there would be street parties, not threads of how much he is a scumbag! Laugh

It's an extraordinary amount of hatred, albeit from a relatively small group of posters. It's amazing to see such rants & raves against a guy who they've never met, never will meet, has never done anything personally against them and whose only crime is to break a few rules in a sport. Fascinating stuff.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:55

reckoner wrote:
laverfan wrote:

Why thank you LF! Hug

Hug Reckoner. LKv2 took away the question I had on my mind. Hope you get all As in your exams. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:56

JuliusHMarx wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:

It's an extraordinary amount of hatred, albeit from a relatively small group of posters. It's amazing to see such rants & raves against a guy who they've never met, never will meet, has never done anything personally against them and whose only crime is to break a few rules in a sport. Fascinating stuff.

JHM, thanks for the rescue. Run

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29 2012, 11:57

laverfan wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:

JHM, thanks for the rescue. Run

I used to remember Sampras breaking my heart beating Henman at Wimbledon and causing me to get the hump. In the end I did what the Sun did in 2001 and adopted Goran as an honourary Brit Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri Jun 29 2012, 12:03

laverfan wrote:
reckoner wrote:
laverfan wrote:

Why thank you LF! Hug

Hug Reckoner. LKv2 took away the question I had on my mind. Hope you get all As in your exams. Wink

cheers LF... I only wish it was the kind of exam where you get letter grades though lol

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Jun 29 2012, 12:21

Seifer Almasy wrote:Oh and...

Lukas Rosol - Page 2 XcWh5

That is very funny. Very Happy
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29 2012, 12:30

I havent read any of the above but surely Rosol will be drug tested after this? I mean I wouldnt have been suprised if he'd been 19 or 20 years of age at 100 in the world but being 26 just tells me something is up. You dont suddenly spark and perform like this at that age when your past your supposed peak of performance. His past history in the sport is shocking, so how long will it take before say a drug test result is revealed? Also if he's clean, I hope he doesnt do a Gulbis (beat a big seeded player and then foul up against a nobody)

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Fri Jun 29 2012, 12:36

That's it, Rafa lost so his opponent must have been on drugs!!

Good grief!! Laugh

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29 2012, 12:36

John wrote:I havent read any of the above but surely Rosol will be drug tested after this? I mean I wouldnt have been suprised if he'd been 19 or 20 years of age at 100 in the world but being 26 just tells me something is up. You dont suddenly spark and perform like this at that age when your past your supposed peak of performance. His past history in the sport is shocking, so how long will it take before say a drug test result is revealed? Also if he's clean, I hope he doesnt do a Gulbis (beat a big seeded player and then foul up against a nobody)

Like a 24 year old Soderling who beat Nadal over BO5 at the French Open?

Rather naive comment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri Jun 29 2012, 12:42

He tried to snap his arm in two. steam
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next