The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homepage

+8
stnick88
CJB
Steven_Sharks
'Arry Spurs
Driver
dammit_chris
Sgt_Pooly
Ozzy3213
12 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Homepage - Page 5 Empty Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Homepage - Page 5 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Leicester Tigers top table with 100% record after the first phase of league matches

Homepage - Page 5 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

POS Aviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOST P F P A P D T F T A TBP LBP POINTS
1 Homepage - Page 5 4Leicester Tigers660 0 153 118 +35 16 9 0 0 24
2 Homepage - Page 5 8Newcastle Falcons650 1 149 136 +13 14 12 0 1 21
3 Homepage - Page 5 9Northampton Saints640 2 161 143 +18 19 14 2 2 20
4 Homepage - Page 5 5London Irish6 4 0 2 162 145 +17 18 15 2 2 20
5 Homepage - Page 5 7Harlequins640 2 150 138 +12 16 14 1 2 19
6 Homepage - Page 5 12Sale Sharks6 3 0 3 151 143 +8 16 14 1 3 16
7 Homepage - Page 5 2Gloucester630 3 144 143 +1 15 14 0 2 14
8 Homepage - Page 5 1Bath Rugby620 4 132 147 -15 11 16 0 3 11
9 Homepage - Page 5 6London Wasps620 4 133 149 -16 13 16 0 3 11
10 Homepage - Page 5 50London Welsh6 1 0 5 132 142 -10 13 13 0 5 9
11 Homepage - Page 5 57Worcester Warriors610 5 132 147 -25 12 17 0 3 7
12 Homepage - Page 5 11Saracens610 5 123 161 -38 10 19 0 26

Waiting List
1. pullthestrings
2. Bathite

Welcome to Season 5 of the Aviva Premiership fantasty rugby game. Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to. If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (Ozzy3213) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players. If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (me) will remove players at it’s discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the matchday 22's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make up of your squad.

Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have a listed senior academy squad of 20 players. Players who are in the senior academy must be under 22 years of age as of 1st September 2012 (therefore must have been born on or after 1st Septmber 1990). Players who are under the age of 20 (so born after 1st September 1992) AND are in the academy of the club that you are managing in real life, DO NOT need to be listed as senior academy players as part of your 20, but are available to you in this game and cannot be poached by other clubs without paying you a fee.

Should a player not listed in your 20 senior academy players, but part of the clubs academy in real life move clubs in real life, then you will have first option of promoting him to your listed senior academy. If you choose not to take this option he will become property of the club that he moves to in real life in this game.

Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.

• Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 3 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the Championship/National League bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on it's own merits before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

• Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

Foreign transfers will unlimited during the off season and 2 during the season. The exact dates of the two transfer windows during the season is to be confirmed.

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

If a released player plays in real life for a team outside of this game he will be deemed to have returned to that team. If not then he will be deemed to have signed for a Championship side. If another manager wants to pick a released player up, they will have to bid for him in the same way as for a foreign or Championship/National League player.

Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players. Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.

Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches. These games will take place once a week. A thread will be put up for managers to name their teams on Thursdays, then on Fridays, managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved). An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

At least 10 England qualified players in your matchday 23, and at least 5 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in forfeiting the match and a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.

Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point for a first offence, two for a second offence and so on.

Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£1.5m for descriptive predictions
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalisst - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (ozzy3213) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 4:38 pm; edited 9 times in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Homepage - Page 5 Empty Re: Homepage

Post by dammit_chris Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:34 pm

Sarries coach in the Rugby Paper saying he fully expects Mako to become a world class loose head and he's earned to play ahead of John Smit on merit. Not bad going - think both Vunipola's could improve massively this season.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:45 pm

Big differencce in Welsh selection policy though, Gatland isn't afraid to throw in youngsters or guys with promise - Jonny May would have 10+ caps by now for them.

Lancaster showing a bit more faith, he was going to take Ford to SA but Tigers got him to do conditioning work, bulked up a lot in pre-season - looks like he has Launchbury as a favourite too.

Trouble with Wales is that they have a very good first XV but then get quite weak as they don't have the same number of players England do to pick from - so they throw youngsters in. Falateau does need to find some form again though, seemed to really go off the boil last season, teams seemed to work out how to stop him going forward.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Spurs Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:47 pm

What do people make of a 12. Bowden 13. Barritt midfield?

'Arry Spurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:49 pm

He's started the Rabo on fire, was immense against Leinster. He's played a lot of games for a 21yo lately, prob needed the break.

Our young players are getting better each year, the Welsh youngsters are all huge though! North, Cuthbert, Williams, JD, Faletau are all 15-17st

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:51 pm

I like it Arry, be good for second kicking option.

12. Barritt 13. Pisi still strong for me though

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:51 pm

I like it Arry , but think Barritt is unfairly picked on in this game.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:51 pm

to be fair though, throwing in Farrell, Joseph and Marler is hardly playing it safe.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:52 pm

TJ was a risk at 6 along with Botha , Both playing Championship 3 years ago
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Spurs Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:55 pm

Only ask because I noticed lack of creativity/attacking threat being mentioned in a few predos this week, any other feedback on my side would be much appreciated

'Arry Spurs

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 09 Sep 2012, 10:17 pm

Arry a lot depends about your opponents - as far as I'm aware I dont think Bowden is starting for Tigers at the moment, whilst Barritt and Pisi are first choice for their clubs. For me that makes a big difference.

Also depends on what style you want to play I guess - Barritt very good defensively, but personally dont think he offers a great deal in attack, but when paired with Pisi and next to Priestland would that matter?

Think you will be fine when Priestland regains a bit of form, as together with Pisi you have all the creativity you need mate.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Sep 2012, 8:45 am

I think Barritt offers very little. However if you have priestland and PIsi you would be fine and Barritt would work.

Cant wait for the RC to end as i have too many players at it.

imagine Goosen will start next match also so i lose both of my tens to the RC. that said i have some great options when they are back

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 9:04 am

Barritts defence is top notch. Unconvincing in attack but with Priestland on form and Pisi you are ok. A footballing winger would also help.

Its strange seeing you near the bottom of the league Matt. Reckon you have barely left the top 4 since the game started 4 years ago.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Sep 2012, 11:30 am

I started terribly last year as well nick with the WC. I will be fine when i get some players back.

Also unlucky to play saints and Irish in the first 2 weeks. I am targeting some wins over the next few weeks and having Genia back is a plus.

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 10 Sep 2012, 12:11 pm

Pooly great article in the telegraph today titled 'World Class Hartley' - you might learn something from that if you read it Smile

See Cockerill saying Tuilagi will be best 13 in the world within a year, not throwing much pressure on him then! Cockerill never really said something like that about a player before.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 12:24 pm

He looked very good this weekend, but he was up against Worcester. If he can play like that against Wales, Ireland and the SH sides, then fair play he will be world class.

Hartley had a strong game but one game doesnt make your world class.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 10 Sep 2012, 1:36 pm

Agree there Nick....I didnt see game so can't comment. Seen enough of Hartley in England jersey to know he's average. Maybe he'll step up this season??

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 10 Sep 2012, 1:38 pm

Average a bit harsh actually, he's better than that.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 10 Sep 2012, 2:28 pm

Why does Barnes kick so much???? He never used to

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 2:36 pm

because his pack are always on the back foot!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 10 Sep 2012, 2:40 pm

Not in this game, Aus pack making yards ever carry

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 10 Sep 2012, 2:42 pm

I'd have Hartley's basics up their with the best. Very good scrummager and thrower. Just doesn't carry as well as he should. Behind Best for the Lions but as good as Ford and better then anything the welsh have to offer. Bismark miles ahead of everyone at hook but after that you can argue a case for most

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 10 Sep 2012, 2:50 pm

He's been great in both games I've seen him in this season, looks like he's lost a few llbs over the summer and he's got his running game going a bit more again, hopefully he will continue to keep that up as agree with SJE that he doesnt carry as well as he should.

Nick Saints played Exeter at the weekend, who have a really tough pack and he got over the gainline each time he had the ball. Best I've seen him play.

Hope we get some English players in the starting XV for the Lions, last series was a tad disappointing on that front until the final game!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:09 pm

Here's the Tuilagi article from the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/9531674/Manu-Tuilagi-will-be-the-best-in-the-world-says-Leicester-director-of-rugby-Richard-Cockerill.html

Really like the look of their Fijian wing, he seems to get better and better in each game, such a good replacement for Tuilagi the older! Think Benjamin and Thompstone will regret moving there, can't see either getting games.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:11 pm

I've just been reading back over you guys Lions discussions over the weekend. Some interesting ideas and selections. When I get some time this evening I shall sit down and post my thoughts on it all.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:14 pm

Pete do you think Corbs has a chance to start, providing he gets back to playing soonish - very impressed with him.

The battle for no6 and no15 shirts is going to be so tough as every player in each of the four countries wouldn't look out of place there, wonder who will miss out!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:18 pm

For me Corbs has a slim chance of going on the tour but is behind Jenkins and Healy and will be very tough to overtake them for the loosehead spot. Although Jenkins seems to be on the bench for Toulon every game so far with Sheridan starting.

There is so many backrowers who could play and do a job for the Lions.

Ferris, O'Brien, Heaslip, Warburton, Lydiate, Faletau, Rennie, Denton, Croft, Robshaw, Haskell, Armitage, Wood, Morgan.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:22 pm

If Toulon make the Top 14 play offs which they should do, they have said that they will not release Jenkins early, so I guess it depends on whether Gatland will take players who cannot be on tour from the start.

Of the other contenders, Healy is the best ball carrier and a decent tackler. Corbs the better scrummager and good at the breakdown. If those two are in form come selection time and make the plane, the starting jersey may come down to how Gatland wants to play it. If he wants to go toe to toe in open games and have big carriers taking the game to the Aussies then I would imagine Healy will start. If he decides to try to target their weaknesses, such as the scrum, then it may be that Corbisiero gets the nod. He does need to get back fit and playing soon though, as we are missing him massively at Irish at the moment.

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:24 pm

Think Lydiate would have started if it were a tour against NZ or SA, but don't really see the Aussies having that many gainline breakers in comparison, but seen quite a few articles saying that he is the potential captain.

Ferris for me would be ideal.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Spurs Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:27 pm

I think the Aussies actually have quite a few gainline breakers, Higginbotham, Timani, Samo and Polota-Nau are all very strong carriers who are hard men to stop when in full flight.

'Arry Spurs

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:29 pm

pete i cant remember the last time corbs played for irish.

missing him badly though, lahiff had a stinker v glos. Aulika didnt do much better when he came on but did score a try at least.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:30 pm

As I say, I will give my full thoughts this evening when I have time to sit down. I will say though that I absolutely love the Lions, it's one of the best things in rugby for me, however, of the three nations that we tour to, the Australia tour is my least favourite. I don't think it generally has as much atmosphere, as whereas both South Africa and New Zealand eat, sleep and breath rugby, Australia don't have the same level of interest in it, due to other sports.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:33 pm

Lahiff is a converted flanker, as is Halavatau. Neither have great scrummaging technique. Lahiff's body position at the scrum is poor, and cuases him great difficulty if up against a tighthead who can match him strength wise. Prop is a massive issue for us at the moment, and even when Corbs is back at loosehead, we still have the issue of someone to anchor things in the 3 jersey. I am concerned for us in that eare.

nick, did you see the lineup to face Wasps in the A game tonight? We have Shaun Malton at 6 and Gerard Ellis at 7, both of whom are primarily signed as hookers. Mental.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:40 pm

Pete/Nick at least this year London Welsh will finish with the lowest points total in AP history so you;ve got nothing to worry about there!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:48 pm

Yeh I see Gray is captain.
Ellis looks a beast, big things expected of him.

Wonder how Palframan will get on tonight.

Also am hoping that big Jerry Yanuyanutawa is available for selection soon.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:58 pm

We havent got a great team out tonight, got a few on loan from other clubs to make up the numbers and then a few of our younger academy playing - but do have Sam Jones and Ashley Johnson playing, so should have a decent backrow!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 10 Sep 2012, 4:01 pm

Corbs has came on leaps, I think Healy will go as 1st choice (very underrated scrummager) and Corbs as back up.

When you think Scotland have Jacobson who's awful and Jenkins probably out I can't see much change, injuries dependant.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 5:53 pm

I don't think Healy is underated as a scrummager. I think most people see him as a good scrummager who can generally hold his own provided the hooker and tighthead are doing their jobs, but he's not destructive, particularly when faced with a technically good tighthead.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 10 Sep 2012, 6:06 pm

Hooper might be a wee lad but he can't half tackle!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Mon 10 Sep 2012, 6:16 pm

See Bakkies is back in the SA squad.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 10 Sep 2012, 6:20 pm

He'll make a big impact, Etzebeth has struggled during 4N. Looks shadow of player that played against England, probably burnt out!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 6:23 pm

From the comments that I read from Meyer earlier he doesn't seem to see it like that, he thinks Etzebeth has been brilliant.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 10 Sep 2012, 6:25 pm

I think Meyer is starting to sound a little dilusional lol

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 6:27 pm

He reckons that Etzebeth has got better game on game
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon 10 Sep 2012, 6:28 pm

Guys: just watching the prem highlights, what are people's thoughts on Barkley at 10, he seems to have had 2 pretty solid games there.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 10 Sep 2012, 6:31 pm

Really?? Ive seen the complete opposite. He was good in first Arg game, poor the next and possibly even worse against Aus. Think he made 3 yards which is dire for such a big lad.

He's got massive potential though, as soon as he sorts his body angle when he carries he's going to destroy teams.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Sep 2012, 6:37 pm

Etzbeth was mustard in first 2 games. Average against aus. Poorest game I have seen him play

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 10 Sep 2012, 6:42 pm

He's wasn't good in 2nd Arg game Matt, just watched it the other day. Good in first test though.

Only a kid, played about 30 games in a row!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 10 Sep 2012, 7:18 pm

Hmmm not great for me if Botha back involved. Still think he gets into SA's strongest XV though on merit

Have to say I don't think Etzebeth has struggled. Was poor v Oz though. lost his cool and could have gone after that headbutt (or attempted headbutt at least)

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Mon 10 Sep 2012, 7:23 pm

Sharpes reaction was funny.

Etzbeth did nothing for me. Made no ground at all from memory.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 8:39 pm

My thoughts on Etzebeth are that he is a very good player who has all of the attributes to go on and be a fantastic international who has a very long and distinguished career for the Springboks.

However, I think since the break in the Super Rugby season and his call up to the Boks, he has been below the level that he set for himself earlier in the season. There are a number of reasons for this, one of which is that he is carrying a knock that he picked up against England still. Also at international level, he is currently part of a pack which is shorn of some world class talent and leaders. He is being asked to shoulder a huge amount of responsibility already, when ideally you would want him settling into a settled side. Sadly with a number of world class individuals either injured or recently retired he has not had that luxury.

As Pooly has pointed out, there are aspects of his play where he is far from the finished article, one of which is his ball carrying, where at times he is far too upright and makes himself an easy target to be knocked back. I suspect that he will learn, and will improve this aspect of his play, and if he does, then he is going to be a real handful for every side in world rugby.

Presently, in a perverse kind of way, this enforced break from the game, may well be the best thing for him.

My Lions thoughts next! Wink
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next