The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homepage

+8
SirJohnnyEnglish
prop_lyd
stnick88
dammit_chris
LukeLovesLuka
Sgt_Pooly
Driver
Ozzy3213
12 posters

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Homepage - Page 8 Empty Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 11 Oct 2012, 4:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Homepage - Page 8 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Second win of the season for Saracens and defeats for Welsh, Wasps and Worcester mean there is just 3 points between the bottom four.

Homepage - Page 8 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

POS Aviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOST P F P A P D T F T A TBP LBP POINTS
1 Homepage - Page 8 4Leicester Tigers870 1 201 166 +35 21 14 0 1 29
2 Homepage - Page 8 8Newcastle Falcons860 2 202 181 +21 20 15 0 2 26
3 Homepage - Page 8 9Northampton Saints850 3 213 189 +24 24 19 2 3 25
4 Homepage - Page 8 5London Irish8 5 0 3 210 194 +16 23 20 2 3 25
5 Homepage - Page 8 7Harlequins850 3 198 189 +9 21 20 1 3 24
6 Homepage - Page 8 12Sale Sharks8 4 0 4 199 189 +10 21 19 1 4 21
7 Homepage - Page 8 2Gloucester840 4 193 192 +1 21 20 0 3 19
8 Homepage - Page 8 1Bath Rugby840 4 185 193 -17 17 21 0 3 19
9 Homepage - Page 8 50London Welsh8 2 0 6 179 188 -9 18 18 0 6 14
10 Homepage - Page 8 6London Wasps820 6 172 195 -23 16 21 0 5 13
11 Homepage - Page 8 57Worcester Warriors820 6 175 208 -33 15 22 0 3 11
12 Homepage - Page 8 11Saracens820 6 166 209 -43 14 23 0 311

Waiting List
1. pullthestrings
2. Bathite

Welcome to Season 5 of the Aviva Premiership fantasty rugby game. Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to. If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (Ozzy3213) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players. If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (me) will remove players at it’s discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the matchday 22's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make up of your squad.

Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have a listed senior academy squad of 20 players. Players who are in the senior academy must be under 22 years of age as of 1st September 2012 (therefore must have been born on or after 1st Septmber 1990). Players who are under the age of 20 (so born after 1st September 1992) AND are in the academy of the club that you are managing in real life, DO NOT need to be listed as senior academy players as part of your 20, but are available to you in this game and cannot be poached by other clubs without paying you a fee.

Should a player not listed in your 20 senior academy players, but part of the clubs academy in real life move clubs in real life, then you will have first option of promoting him to your listed senior academy. If you choose not to take this option he will become property of the club that he moves to in real life in this game.

Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.

• Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 3 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the Championship/National League bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on it's own merits before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

• Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

Foreign transfers will unlimited during the off season and 2 during the season. The exact dates of the two transfer windows during the season is to be confirmed.

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

If a released player plays in real life for a team outside of this game he will be deemed to have returned to that team. If not then he will be deemed to have signed for a Championship side. If another manager wants to pick a released player up, they will have to bid for him in the same way as for a foreign or Championship/National League player.

Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players. Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.

Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches. These games will take place once a week. A thread will be put up for managers to name their teams on Thursdays, then on Fridays, managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved). An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

At least 10 England qualified players in your matchday 23, and at least 5 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in forfeiting the match and a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.

Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point for a first offence, two for a second offence and so on.

Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£1.5m for descriptive predictions
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalisst - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (ozzy3213) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:20 am; edited 4 times in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Homepage - Page 8 Empty Re: Homepage

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 6:41 pm

Domingo usually a quality scrummager think he is just finding his feet after injury

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Oct 2012, 6:44 pm

Yea I reckon so, takes a while to get your mojo back

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 20 Oct 2012, 6:53 pm

Exeter must be one of the best teams around with moving the ball from the base of a ruck - amazing how much Baxter gets out of his team. Really good game, just hope they can keep this up and try and stop Bonnaire and Fofana getting over that gainline.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Oct 2012, 7:05 pm

Bonnaire over the gain line?!?! Bonnaire a good player but not a big carrier. I'd be slightly more worried about Cudmore, Domingo, Nalaga, Rougerie.....etc

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 7:06 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Yea I reckon so, takes a while to get your mojo back

Props are funny creatures take a while to get back. Look at barcella.

He got a bit of hammering from jj last week but no one can tell me that barcella is not better than JJ. Jj has improved but at his best barcella is world class.

Just finding his feet again. I have propped a few times this year and found the new crouch touch engage has minimised the hit a bit which plays in to the hands of smaller props and disadvantages big lumps generally

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 7:18 pm

Most people in France think rougerie is shot and lost his pace hence not in French squad. He looks great here.

Baxter is a good rhod gilbert lookalike

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 20 Oct 2012, 7:26 pm

Just thought Bonnaire had been carrying well today - Clermont look so good when they play like this.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 7:33 pm

Bonnaire is an incredible player. Work rate, carrying, lineout, tackling, pace. One of the great modern day players

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Oct 2012, 7:45 pm

On the slide but has been a good player, never been a big carrier tho, more a work horse.

"Look at barcella.

He got a bit of hammering from jj last week"

Barcella got edge on JJ in 1st, JJ couldn't figure him out. Putting Kohn behind him in 2nd changed the game and Barcella faded fast due to match fitness.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 8:19 pm

Exactly my point takes a while to get back. Barcella upper hand first 20 won a few pens then jj got on top.

Jj improved out of sight probably more than any player. Often happens with th's they need hammering before they get there.

Scrummaging fitness can only be obtained by playing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Oct 2012, 8:21 pm

Yea totally agree there. Look at Marler, never misses a game!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 9:39 pm

Yeah true. Remember connor o shea saying he would not play him all the time a couple of years ago and thought he ruined flatmans career by encouraging him to play too often as a youth( never understood that as flatman was sarries and did not think o Shea was at sarries ?)

Marler said I want to play as much as possible and Sean fitz told O'shea best thing he could do was let Marler play. Marler took some hidings but now hands them out. Same as cole he got some awful stuffings. Steenkamp was first person I have seen in last year or so get on top against him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 10:45 pm

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16016_8173177,00.html

Interesting. It will change massively after 6nations

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 20 Oct 2012, 10:52 pm

Probs change every week Matt worst part of Lions is the different teams and selections people post.

Bolters team

Sheridan
Hartley
Court
Hamilton
Ryan
Wood
Tipric
Morgan

Glasgows 9? Been impressive for me. Razor sharp pass
Laidlaw
Monye
Beck
Williams
May
Hogg

Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 11:10 pm

For me Hartley no Bolter. He is a definite lion.

Court will never be near.

Also think Morgan, heaslip and ferris will be the 8s.

Last lions tour ferris played a bit of
8 before injury and was favourite for 8shirt. Playing there for ulster also although heaslip was great for Leinster today.

Think most of the rest are bolters and would add matt Scott,Owen Farrell richardt Strauss or Sean Cronin, sharples and Wade

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 20 Oct 2012, 11:19 pm

Fair one , Think they'll take three hookers myself Rory Best , Ross Ford and Matthew Rees. Think Gats will want to target the scrum myself and go for a giant front row which is why i have Sheridan down as a bolter. If we can smash them up front we've got the backs to do some serious damage.

Wouldn't mind a back row of Tom Croft , Stephen Ferris and Sam Warburton.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 11:25 pm

Sheridan is playing well and could be a Bolter. Lee jones Edinburgh wing is another. Top player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 11:26 pm

For me hooker is best,hartley and then anyone who challenges

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 20 Oct 2012, 11:35 pm

Not 100% sure on Lee Jones , seems to be all over with his positioning and he's not great under the high ball. Was bollicks vs Falcons in pre-season
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Oct 2012, 12:04 am

With lots of the jocks it would be good to see them in a good side. Jones had an outstanding 6n and Hogg was great.

Don't watch much rabo as I think it's garbage. Glasgow and Edinburgh looked awful. However Scotland have some great individuals. Blair gray Hogg Denton Rennie ford. Dont think laid law is much cop in a tight game though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 21 Oct 2012, 12:05 am

Think Laidlaw is a run fast merchant , looks good because he tries to play a high tempo all the time.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Oct 2012, 12:21 am

Laidlaw plays the way he does and no other way. HAs
No
Plan b and his kicking game is poor. Great passer and
Awareness though

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 21 Oct 2012, 8:49 am

Lee Jones has been awful this season Matt, really really bad. Your lack of Rabo watching is showing lol.

Similar with Matt Scott, no way he'll be a Lion judging on this seasons showings, offered nothing.

Not a fan of Hartley at all but other hookers are playing their way out. Ford has been stinking. Hartley has been pretty poor but not as bad as Ford.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 21 Oct 2012, 9:05 am

If i was picking the Lions now i'd go

1.Sheridan
2.Best
3.Jones
4.Hamilton
5.Parling
6.Robshaw
7.Warburton
8.Ferris

9.Pygos (Glasgow 9)
10.Flood
11.Visser
12.Beck
13.Davies
14.North
15.Armitage

I'v based that on form above all else.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 21 Oct 2012, 9:21 am

If 9 or more of those players start the 1st test you can have your pick of my players lol

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Oct 2012, 10:24 am

Life is too short to watch rabo league pooly.

Only gets interesting in the last few weeks of season.

Edinburgh have been dreadful all season. Scott is probably in his 3rd game since injury so probably rusty. Apparently Denton has been average also and he is top class

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 21 Oct 2012, 10:32 am

Denton has been ok and Visser has played well too.

I like the Rabo but see your point, some really good young talent. Ulster have been immense. Nick Williams, Payne, Jackson, Henderson the pick.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 21 Oct 2012, 11:01 am

Rumours Mako Vunipola & Tom Youngs will make England 32

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 21 Oct 2012, 11:13 am

"Hartley has been pretty poor"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/9604676/Northampton-Saints-hooker-Dylan-Hartley-wins-Aviva-Premiership-Player-of-the-Month-award.html

Would hate to see what he could do when he was any good then Smile

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 21 Oct 2012, 11:17 am

Good article by Austin Healy today:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/9622740/Top-players-must-be-protected-if-English-teams-are-to-win-Heineken-Cup-again.html

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 21 Oct 2012, 11:18 am

I've seen him a few times this month and he's been poor. Gray has looked much stronger.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 21 Oct 2012, 11:24 am

Hartley has been excellent when I've seen him of late

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 21 Oct 2012, 12:43 pm

The thing with Hartley is he generally puts a big performance when Saints are dominating overall against weaker opposition.

He is nearly always poor against the big sides and non exsistant at Int level. We really need somebody to come through and either displace him or make him step up.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 21 Oct 2012, 12:47 pm

Pretty certain that Hartley got motm against Wasps, then against Glasgow the commentators said he was outstanding and would have had motm if it wasnt for Pisi. Didnt see the Castres match, so can't comment on that, but Hartley's on top form - last year he was hit and miss, but for me he's currently form hooker in Europe.

Few English players starting to hit some form now - Danny Care looked very good again yesterday, can't be many better no9s than him around at the moment. Very impressed with Botica again for Quins.

Looking forward to the Tigers game today!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 21 Oct 2012, 12:51 pm

Great try cardiff!!

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 21 Oct 2012, 1:09 pm

Form hooker in Europe?!?! Lol....you do make me laugh sometimes

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 21 Oct 2012, 1:13 pm

Who's playing better Pooly?

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 21 Oct 2012, 1:22 pm

He's best in the AP and haven't seen any great performances from other European hookers so far, no Welsh showing up, Matthew Rees has been average at best, from what I've seen Best's throwing hasnt been up to its usual high standards and a lot of others very hit and miss.

Hartley been getting a lot of plaudits - previous two seasons I think he has been well below his best, but this year its completely different, has great basics, very good leader and seems to be carrying (and staying out of trouble).

What has Armitage done to get booed by the Cardiff crowd? Just turned it on.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 21 Oct 2012, 1:23 pm

Best only started his first game last weekend.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 21 Oct 2012, 1:36 pm

Best was motm last night against Glasgow away from home Steve.

As I said Hartley does ok at prem level, goes backwards as opp improves. Need to play well outside of prem to be form hook in Europe.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 21 Oct 2012, 1:42 pm

I agree Hartley might not be the form hooker, but I want to know who you think is? I've not seen any consistently good performances.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 21 Oct 2012, 1:48 pm

Was very good against SA and played well in HC games so far. Seems to be doing ok and no other English hooker in his league at the moment - I never used to like him because of the eye gouging incident with Wasps, but he's impressed me massively this season - though I'm not sure if there are any really great stand out no2s in world rugby apart from the SA one.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 21 Oct 2012, 1:55 pm

Hartley was not good in SA.

Not sure who is the form hooker but its certainly not Hartley. Seen better performances in The HC from numerous.

I just don't rate Hartley highly at all.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 21 Oct 2012, 1:58 pm

He is the best English hooker by miles for my money.

don't think Grey or Webber will ever get close to him. Youngs, George, Buchanan and Haywood all have a chance of being better than him.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:02 pm

How do people rate Michalak as a 9?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:03 pm

The Blues commentator just said Hayman was the best TH in the world!

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:04 pm

I think Gray may already be better tbh although needs testing on Int stage.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:04 pm

Haha....maybe in 2007!!!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:05 pm

He's not bad chris. I always consider him a flakey player though. Always has a big mistake in him regardless of his talents. Similar to Medard, Cooper, Balshaw etc

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 21 Oct 2012, 2:15 pm

Was of the same impression of him - trying to find another no9 really as don't think Harrison is going to kick on at Tigers as much as I thought he would.

Hope Tigers win today, always enjoy them playing the Ospreys, they seem to get pitted against each other nearly every season.

Hayman's come into some good form again this year - it seems like its taken him 18months or so to settle in at Toulon properly, same as Giteau took a little longer, unlike the Armitages! And all four combine for a great try!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next