The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homepage

+12
pullthestrings
Sgt_Pooly
Driver
dammit_chris
LukeLovesLuka
SirJohnnyEnglish
DHLS07
stnick88
prop_lyd
Fluxy
Steven_Sharks
Ozzy3213
16 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Homepage - Page 3 Empty Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 6:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Homepage - Page 3 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Pooly quits as Falcons boss after their first home defeat for 2 years, paving the way for a shock return to the Premiership for former Exeter Chiefs, London Welsh and Saracens head coach Driver, who takes charge at Kingston Park.

Homepage - Page 3 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

POS Aviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOST P F P A P D T F T A TBP LBP POINTS
1 Homepage - Page 3 4Leicester Tigers13120 1 333 271 +62 36 24 0 1 49
2 Homepage - Page 3 8Newcastle Falcons13100 3 332 291 +41 35 24 1 3 44
3 Homepage - Page 3 7Harlequins1390 4 326 302 +24 35 31 1 4 41
4 Homepage - Page 3 12Sale Sharks13 8 0 5 329 300 +29 36 29 1 5 38
5 Homepage - Page 3 2Gloucester1370 6 324 314 +10 36 34 1 4 33
6 Homepage - Page 3 9Northampton Saints1361 6 332 314 +18 36 32 2 5 33
7 Homepage - Page 3 50London Welsh13 6 1 6 299 288 +11 31 26 0 6 32
8 Homepage - Page 3 5London Irish136 0 7 325 328 -3 35 34 2 6 32
9 Homepage - Page 3 1Bath Rugby1360 7 303 313 -10 28 34 0 5 29
10 Homepage - Page 3 6London Wasps 1320 11 267 320 -53 23 36 0 9 17
11 Homepage - Page 3 57Worcester Warriors1321 10 275 336 -61 23 36 0 5 15
12 Homepage - Page 3 11Saracens1321 10 268 336 -68 23 37 0 515

Welcome to Season 5 of the Aviva Premiership fantasty rugby game. Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to. If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (Ozzy3213) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players. If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (me) will remove players at it’s discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the matchday 22's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make up of your squad.

Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have a listed senior academy squad of 20 players. Players who are in the senior academy must be under 22 years of age as of 1st September 2012 (therefore must have been born on or after 1st Septmber 1990). Players who are under the age of 20 (so born after 1st September 1992) AND are in the academy of the club that you are managing in real life, DO NOT need to be listed as senior academy players as part of your 20, but are available to you in this game and cannot be poached by other clubs without paying you a fee.

Should a player not listed in your 20 senior academy players, but part of the clubs academy in real life move clubs in real life, then you will have first option of promoting him to your listed senior academy. If you choose not to take this option he will become property of the club that he moves to in real life in this game.

Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.

• Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 3 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the Championship/National League bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on it's own merits before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

• Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

Foreign transfers will unlimited during the off season and 2 during the season. The exact dates of the two transfer windows during the season is to be confirmed.

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

If a released player plays in real life for a team outside of this game he will be deemed to have returned to that team. If not then he will be deemed to have signed for a Championship side. If another manager wants to pick a released player up, they will have to bid for him in the same way as for a foreign or Championship/National League player.

Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players. Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.

Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches. These games will take place once a week. A thread will be put up for managers to name their teams on Thursdays, then on Fridays, managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved). An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

At least 10 England qualified players in your matchday 23, and at least 5 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in forfeiting the match and a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.

Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point for a first offence, two for a second offence and so on.

Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£1.5m for descriptive predictions
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (ozzy3213) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Tue 29 Jan 2013, 2:08 pm; edited 5 times in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Homepage - Page 3 Empty Re: Homepage

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2013, 11:40 pm

Glos favourites by 11 points with bookies which is not right. We have rotated a bit and are missing Hamilton and a few others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 04 Jan 2013, 11:46 pm

I can see why the bookies have gone with that though as we have been shipping points for fun. We look a bit more solid up front this week, but iHumph is a passenger in defence and JJ has also been missing tackles a plenty which I think is why he's been shifted wide to hide him a bit. I'll be reasonably pleased if we come away with a losing bonus point.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:06 am

True but we have had some hard games Leicester Exeter sarries away Etc. we don't have the deepest squad so rotation hard.

He has given wood a rest after 3 mammoth games against some of the best teams. Luckily we have murphy who has had a top season but after that with harden injured and dawiduik losing his form we have a few issues. Likewise with Hamilton missing we have Buxton covering second row.

With savage starting and hazell banned it means cox bench

risk glos may run out of steam come playoffs with people not getting a rest. 36 has gone down hill due to sheer amount of games and minutes.

May is fit and will be back hopefully next few weeks
And a few others on way back. Good season for us I am happy.

Off to the match tomorrow my dads tickets are next to opposition bench in disabled section so I can pass on any angry messages you have for smith.

It was about this time last year wheels come off for glos but can't see it happening this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:10 am

I'm alright with Smith as it goes. I think he inherited a mess and it was always going to be tough and take time sort it out.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:14 am

I agree you don't become a bad coach over night. Booth left a mess

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 05 Jan 2013, 10:28 am

Just seen the Flood tackle. He could be banned for a while for that. The slowness of it suggests he knows exactly what he was doing

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 05 Jan 2013, 10:55 am

I'm sure the RFU'll ban him so he's back in time for the 6n Whistle
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:04 am

Possibly.

But with the ban's Andrew Hore and Adam Thompson got which were so laughable the whole thing has become a farce

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:48 am

Flood's English though Steve, so wont be able to rely on the 'it's ok I play for the All Blacks' defence - dont know how the ref missed that one.

Fortunately that should give Farrell and Burns the chance to keep their places in the match day 23, never really been a fan of Flood. For me he's never really mastered his game management.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:57 am

I think it will be great news for England. He is never going to be a top 10 burns has the chance to and so does Farrell. May not have made the squad anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:08 pm

I hope he doesn't make the squad (he will if fit), I'd love to have a top EQ player available during the 6N, lose too many as if is.

You're quite lucky Matt, not many of your EQ players are Int quality so 6N won't effect your squad too much.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:18 pm

Personally think they will be taking a look at joe grey now fit as back up. I know your a big fan pooly. Think they will go Hartley youngs and then grey as backup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:23 pm

Yea I like Gray & Robson the most from your EQ.

Your lucky as they're good but not Int quality as of yet. I was similar position a few years back with Parling, Robshaw, Barritt. Then I lost them all and it killed me during Ints.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:30 pm

You were advocating gray to start for England a few months back before he got injured why the change of heart ?

You need a blend of those not quite int and top internationals. To be honest England are not a top international side so would rather have top Southern Hemisphere players and French.

Purposely try and stay away from most England internationals as miss so many games.

I would make exception for dan cole, Hartley Corbs and Manu though. They are our best players and make a difference to most sides

It's most frustrating when you have England internationals who are on the bench like flood palmer youngs Sharples etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:34 pm

Youngs on bench??? Sharples on bench?? Lol

I do like Gray, what makes you think I don't?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:41 pm

Both youngs flood palmer etc spent a fair time on bench for England in last few years. Care and youngs are going to be competing with each other for a few years. Care seems to get ahead and blow it and then youngs the same.

Personally I think we need to stick with one and let them play. Care is the form choice but always want to see youngs recapture the form he had against Australia when he was unplayable.

6 nations is always the best before lions tour. Matchups in every position. Even the jocks will get a few on the plane.

Some interesting prem games today also. Super 15 starts soon as well. Non stop rugby is great

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:46 pm

Youngs I imagine will start the 6N as he did the AI, he was great against NZ.

If Lawes is fit I imagine Palmers time is up personally, he was pretty poor in the AI.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:50 pm

I think we should move away from palmer as he will not be at wc. He is playing well at wasps but launchbury parling and lawes should be second rows.

Youngs did ok vs nz and may well keep shirt. Can't see them changing anyone from that day. That said care is in much better form and has been all year. Him and Pienaar been best in Europe this year

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:51 pm

I think Lancaster prefers Youngs to Care and will go with him.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:53 pm

Thought Youngs was little better than ok

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:53 pm

SL has his favs and is very loyal

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:55 pm

We have good depth starting to come through in a few positions.

Just need a proper 12 to emerge and a back up tight head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:55 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:SL has his favs and is very loyal

Said it a million times but I am no SL fan and think we will win nowt with him

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:56 pm

He has a fairly low pressure job SL in that expectations have been low. Now we Will see what he is made of

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 1:10 pm

The jury is still out on Lancaster for me. I think he needs a very good 6 Nations if he is going to convince me that he's the right man to take us to RWC2015.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 05 Jan 2013, 1:48 pm

I think beating NZ papered over the cracks a little but I quite like SL. He's not afraid to bring the youngsters through and doesn't seem to fussed about reputation.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 05 Jan 2013, 2:42 pm

http://www.espnscrum.com/scrum/rugby/video_audio/175304.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

I'm not sure about this one. It looks like he's trying to drive him backwards but kind of loses it a bit and ends up driving sideways maybe. I think a yellow would have done in the game. If he gets pulled up (big if) he can't get more than 2 weeks.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 05 Jan 2013, 2:55 pm

Anybody watch Tigers game? Seen Ed Slater got motm, Tigers fans raving about him. He's not started many this season, was he any good?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sat 05 Jan 2013, 2:58 pm

Tigers weren't great at all. Missed Allen a lot. Cole came on and they dominated scrum. Slater looked decent. Croft started brightly. Lasted about 50 mins.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 05 Jan 2013, 3:06 pm

Yea seen Croft was canny

I like Slater, proper 4. Was great last season but not had much action this season.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 3:46 pm

Get in. Irish 15-6 up at half time, 2 tried from Skivington!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 05 Jan 2013, 3:48 pm

Bloody hell! Was just saying he needed to turn it up

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 3:49 pm

just remember pete, we were about 12 points ahead in the amlin at home then lost it! however, sounds like we had a great first half, hope we can keep it up. COYI!!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 4:44 pm

Irish better than us. Left with 9 minutes on clock. Poor game skiv garvey top. Cowan booed off on 50.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 4:44 pm

Irish better than us. Left with 9 minutes on clock. Poor game skiv garvey top. Cowan booed off on 50.

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 4:48 pm

F UCKING GET IN!

huge win. co-incidental with edwards leaving?!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 5:05 pm

No tries conceded. Incredible!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 05 Jan 2013, 5:11 pm

Looks like there's a bit of fight left in you yet.

Big win for Saints too

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 5:36 pm

To be fair Irish deserved it. They came to play no rugby and just batter every breakdown and be physical and kick everything,

Exeter and Worcester have done this before to stay up and I
Worked.

They hassled and harried every ball and won every 50 50. They infringed were offside and played on Rose who is always weak and played the perfect game.

Glos should have worked out a way too win but continued to try and play from own 22. Wood Robson and cox made a difference but Irish won comfortably and were better side. They had a huge pack out and came to battle. Biggest pack I have seen for a while

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 5:37 pm

Irish defence was pure Edwards today nick. Like wasps used to defend under him

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 05 Jan 2013, 5:52 pm

Nice to see Will Greenwood raving about Foden, Lawes and Hartley on twitter, would really like to see them involved with England again, to go on the road and beat Exeter is pretty impressive - can only remember Saracens getting a point from there recently.

I know I am biased as have Ben Foden in my team but I think he's such an important player for England.

It is interesting talking to people about Lancaster, think he missed a massive trick in not approaching Alex King as our attacks coach before Catt and if we can build on from the NZ game then great, but we were so ordinary in the others.

Launchbury will become a really important player for us - at Wasps he sets the whole tempo for the team and he seems to do something similar for England as our pack was better in the two games he played.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 5:57 pm

King a smart coach. Woodward a huge fan which says lots. Saw last ten minutes of saints in a bar fuming after losing. Hartley was looking good. I am a massive fan. He divides opinion from other nations but for me he is best hooker in home nations z

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sat 05 Jan 2013, 5:58 pm

I think Cole, Parling, Wilko and Sheridan are amazing....

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 05 Jan 2013, 6:00 pm

Do you think Sheridan and Wilko have a chance for the Lions?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 05 Jan 2013, 6:06 pm

Some bigging up there Chris lol, 3 in 1 post is impressive even for you!

I'm not getting involved in Hartley debate

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 05 Jan 2013, 6:09 pm

Dan Cole is also looking better and better, the number of turnovers he gets is fantastic - we've got the potential to have a very good team by 2015, the England tour to Argentina in the summer will be interesting to see who Lancaster takes.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 6:13 pm

LukeLovesLuka wrote:I think Cole, Parling, Wilko and Sheridan are amazing....

In what context luke? Just as in top players or after today? Not seen any rugby as been at game.

I am no parling fan but he would have improved our side today. For me offers not much on their throw and no carrying. Tackles well but needs to have the right partner or is ineffective.

Think cole is worlds best tight head with mas. Mas a better scrummager but cole much better in loose and a top scrummager. Expect cole to be a better scrummager than mas in a year or
2 he is still young for a tight head and England's most important player.

Big Sheridan fan but he is up and down. Prefer Corbs for England

Wilko a legend and playing well and a hero but struggles to ignite a backline and I think is not suited to the style England and lions want to play.
Would fit South Africa perfectly. I like one dimensional rugby and wilko is best controlling 10 around. Great defender and legend of all legends for that drop goal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 6:15 pm

Wish Sheridan would be picked for England bench. Would offer experience and frightening depth

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 05 Jan 2013, 6:17 pm

Not really intending to big up my players, just want to see England do well and I think that Hartley, Lawes and Foden are three of our best players and that Launchbury is a star in the making.

If they played for any other team in this league I'd be saying the same thing - Hartley is completely marmite though, you either love him or absolutely hate him (if you are Welsh I think it is hate or detest).

If I was wanting to big up my players I'd post the try of Joe Simpson's try against London Welsh again Wink

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 05 Jan 2013, 6:26 pm

This try...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoMc0gAf94

Really hoping Wasps will beat Bath tomorrow, they are really a bit of a bogey team for us, on paper hoping we win.

Quick qn on a rugby rule with taking quick throw ins. If you kick it to touch and then chase up and mark where the ball has gone out into touch can that player still take a quick throw on?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next