The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

French Open, Men's Semis match thread

+37
slashermcguirk
socal1976
whocares
laverfan
antonico
lorus59
Jeremy_Kyle
TRuffin
supervisor
Ent
Cogen
Dave.
luciusmann
invisiblecoolers
Good Golly I'm Olly
break_in_the_fifth
lags72
JuliusHMarx
debaters1
spuranik
barrystar
michael_o
CAS
Henman Bill
Josiah Maiestas
_homogenised_
ChequeredJersey
LuvSports!
summerblues
bogbrush
kingraf
Jahu
Haddie-nuff
HM Murdock
banbrotam
The Special Juan
lydian
41 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

French Open, Men's Semis match thread - Page 4 Empty French Open, Men's Semis match thread

Post by lydian Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:53 am

First topic message reminder :

So...1 hour to go, thought I'd create a specific match thread.

Its clear blue skies over Paris, not a cloud in sight and temp is already 26.5c and rising. Latest pic and temperature:
French Open, Men's Semis match thread - Page 4 Captur21

So the heat is literally on!

12pm GMT we have Nadal vs Djokovic, followed by David vs Goliath.

We've seen the predictions, heard the impersonations and listened to the musical quips, just need the action to start now!

lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

French Open, Men's Semis match thread - Page 4 Empty Re: French Open, Men's Semis match thread

Post by The Special Juan Fri 07 Jun 2013, 1:56 pm

Ah the world number 1 has turned up.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

French Open, Men's Semis match thread - Page 4 Empty Re: French Open, Men's Semis match thread

Post by CAS Fri 07 Jun 2013, 1:56 pm

says a lot about the hard court these days that this match on clay is going much quicker than their encounters at the Aus Open and the US Open

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 07 Jun 2013, 1:56 pm

VAMOS!!!

Nole finally silenced all of his doubters, must keep the attack on in next set
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Fri 07 Jun 2013, 1:56 pm

CAS wrote:says a lot about the hard court these days that this match on clay is going much quicker than their encounters at the Aus Open and the US Open

Exactly. They've ruined tennis with the homogenising. They shouldn't call it clay grass and hard, they should call it red green and blue haha

Last edited by _homogenised_ on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Fri 07 Jun 2013, 1:57 pm

Good for the match.

Bad for my health.

Because now I have hope again.

Oh, the agony!

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 07 Jun 2013, 1:57 pm

Standard Novak clutch gear change
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri 07 Jun 2013, 1:58 pm

Yes, Novak upped his game maybe two gears. He is looking reasonably good now. Will be interesting to see how Rafa responds. He did not have to do much to get to a set and a break up, but will most likely need to play better now.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:00 pm

Dear lord these commentators re ridiculous. They really think that point was amazing... it was just more of the same that we see time and again.

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:00 pm

Most of Nadal's play relies on the opponent's play, he counterattacks like that
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by spuranik Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:00 pm

Only one comments and that too about the muppets who are commentating or Eurosports...

At 2-1 in 2nd set they are saying that "It's only a matter of time before Nadal gets the break and the set is in the bag just like the first"... really, that's what they pay you for?? vomit

spuranik

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:01 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Most of Nadal's play relies on the opponent's play, he counterattacks like that

I have no problem with that on clay, but on grass and hard court he should not prosper from it.

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:02 pm

Borg sure did
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:03 pm

_homogenised_ wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:Most of Nadal's play relies on the opponent's play, he counterattacks like that

I have no problem with that on clay, but on grass and hard court he should not prosper from it.

I agree courts need more variety but that's not Rafa's fault
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:04 pm

Had to send that away
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:05 pm

kingraf wrote:Borg sure did

Borg changed his game completely for both, in an era of wooden racquets and totally different conditions. That's why I put his 11 slams way up the list even though it isn't 17. It's also why even if Nadal won 100 slams, Borg is the better player.

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:06 pm

Petchey knows a lot about tennis tactics but some of his over exaggerations are maddening "put that next to the Mona Lisa" for a standard Nadal passing shot

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:06 pm

Oh... okay... Happy for you enjoy the tennis
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:07 pm

CAS wrote:Petchey knows a lot about tennis tactics but some of his over exaggerations are maddening "put that next to the Mona Lisa" for a standard Nadal passing shot

To be fair the Mona Lisa is overrated too
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:08 pm

Wimbledon's shaping up to be a cracker this year, that's for sure.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:09 pm

The King isn't dead yet
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:10 pm

Which king Jersey? The world number one King, or the Clay King?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:10 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
CAS wrote:Petchey knows a lot about tennis tactics but some of his over exaggerations are maddening "put that next to the Mona Lisa" for a standard Nadal passing shot

To be fair the Mona Lisa is overrated too

haha touche'

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:11 pm

kingraf wrote:Which king Jersey? The world number one King, or the Clay King?

There is only 1 King in Paris and that is Rafael the First
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:11 pm

Is Djokovic injured?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:13 pm

apparently Hawkeye showed that break point actually caught the line

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:13 pm

Novak at his best makes nadal look stupid, but he isn't at is best and he has to be if he wants to win this. He's dipped again in 3rd.

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:13 pm

BB - Isnt he always? Nadal gets a lot of flack, but at least he goes away for seven months after injury. Djokovic gets a magic rub, then boom - 6-1
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by debaters1 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:15 pm

Hmm, he may be injured but I have too often seen Novak look dead only to go on and win in 3 or 5 sets..... trainer.

Shouldn't have been a break at that paticular point, given Hawkeye had it in, but Rafa has come out to win this set and force Djokovic to play 5 sets to win.

debaters1

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:17 pm

bogbrush wrote:Is Djokovic injured?

He's an odd one and very Murray-like; can barely move one second then sprinting the next. I wonder if playing like Stretch Armstrong is just starting to catch up with him these days. If that ankle injury had properly healed coming into RG then I'm Barbara Streisand.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:17 pm

_homogenised_ wrote:Novak at his best makes nadal look stupid, but he isn't at is best and he has to be if he wants to win this. He's dipped again in 3rd.

I just wish you would stop with the name calling.. YOU DONT LIKE NADAL fine.. but leave it at that eh?? stop spoiling this thread

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:19 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:
_homogenised_ wrote:Novak at his best makes nadal look stupid, but he isn't at is best and he has to be if he wants to win this. He's dipped again in 3rd.

I just wish you would stop with the name calling.. YOU DONT LIKE NADAL fine.. but leave it at that eh?? stop spoiling this thread

Where is the name calling? You need to deal with it that some of us want to see a match. Also, that was not a break. Stop being a fanboy, it will give you a heart attack.

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:20 pm

Heck, the bagel's on here.

Indeed CAS, that shot was in (by a smidge, but it was still in). They got one wrong in a Sharapova match the other day too when they called it in but it was an inch or 2 out.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:22 pm

Looking pretty dire for Nole. An odd match so far, quite different from their usual encounters.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:23 pm

Novak might come out again in the 4th, this set has been thrown away, thanks to a bad line call by the umpire and perhaps a Novak injury. Real shame if that's what it turns out to be.

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:23 pm

Dont care for the bagel I just want the win! (I reserve the bagel for Rosol, if/when it happens)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:24 pm

kingraf wrote:Dont care for the bagel I just want the win! (I reserve the bagel for Rosol, if/when it happens)
Why?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:24 pm

Homogenised - Do you have tissues out for every player who has ever lost a game due to a bad line call? Must have cried rivers for Stan Wawrinka in January, no?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:25 pm

_homogenised_ wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote:

Where is the name calling? You need to deal with it that some of us want to see a match. Also, that was not a break. Stop being a fanboy, it will give you a heart attack.

STUPID is a name calling to me, you already keep calling him a moonballer, and have made comments that you do not believe he has had problems with his knee. Me a fanboy dont embarass yourself laughing

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:25 pm

Not the bagel Sad
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:25 pm

Rosol is the Princ, carefull when you talk about him.

Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:25 pm

BB - Nothing against Rosol, just want Nadal's win to be as authoritative as possible, to completely exorcise the demon.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:26 pm

I said he makes him look stupid. That's not an insult calling him stupid as a person. However, you then took the argument to me, because you are a fanboy. Truth is, you can't accept some people dislike Nadal... with very good reasons. Don't make me repeat about time wasting and assaulting other players.

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:28 pm

Eh? What?! I step away for half an hour and Rafa is 5-0 up?!!

What happened?!

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:28 pm

Oh my oh my. What is going on here? Mr. Djokovic rather woeful; Rafa not even playing his best, yet threatening with a bagel.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:30 pm

anyone want to call 6-1 Nole 4th set?

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:30 pm

_homogenised_ wrote:I said he makes him look stupid. That's not an insult calling him stupid as a person. However, you then took the argument to me, because you are a fanboy. Truth is, you can't accept some people dislike Nadal... with very good reasons. Don't make me repeat about time wasting and assaulting other players.

Doh

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by _homogenised_ Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:32 pm

Nadal told off again...

_homogenised_

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:32 pm

Ouch.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:33 pm

Is that the weakest enforcement of the time rule ever! A point peaty at 5-1, 40-0.

If they want these rules to mean anything that has to be happening at 30-all.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:34 pm

Next warning is a game, isn't it?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next