The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread II

+44
Brendan
VinceWLB
George Carlin
jimbopip
funnyExiledScot
A Simply Mesmeric Try
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
highland_scot
malky1963
Ozzy3213
Manky-Flanker
CraigS1874
Tramptastic
Captain_Sensible
justified sinner
LondonTiger
Argybargy
nickj
Couttsy87
alive555
EST
demosthenes
Dorothy_Mantooth
TheMildlyFranticLlama
BigGee
Majestic83
Nematode
RDW
tigertattie
HawkTheSlayersRubbish
GLove39
TJ
Tattie Scones RRN
RuggerRadge2611
R!skysports
cakeordeath
MacKnocked-on
Dollar Bill
EWT Spoons
Cambo
Notch
21st Century Schizoid Man
Totalflanker
IanBru
48 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread II - Page 14 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread II

Post by George Carlin Fri 24 Jan 2014, 6:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

A. Edinburgh

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread II - Page 14 Bremne10

1. Pre-season

Fri 30 Aug 2013, 19:45
Edinburgh Rugby 15 - 5 Newcastle Falcons

Fri 23 Aug 2013, 19:30
Northampton Saints 24 - 6 Edinburgh Rugby

2. 2013/2014 Season - Played

Sat 7 Sep, 19:15
Munster Rugby 34 - 23 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 13 Sep, 19:45
Edinburgh Rugby 16 - 13 Newport Gwent Dragons

Sat 21 Sep, 18:30
Ospreys 44 - 10 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 27 Sep, 19:45
Edinburgh Rugby 9 - 22 Scarlets

Sun 6 Oct, 14:05
Cardiff Blues 29 - 12 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 25 Oct, 19:45
Edinburgh Rugby 20 - 13 Benetton Treviso

Fri 1 Nov 19:45
Edinburgh Rugby 25 - 23 Zebre

Fri 22 Nov 19:05
Ulster Rugby 41 - 17 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 29 Nov 19:45
Edinburgh Rugby 43 - 10 Connacht

Fri 20 Dec 19:35
Edinburgh Rugby 11 - 6 Leinster

Thu 26 Dec 15:05
Edinburgh Rugby 16 - 20 Glasgow Warriors

Wed 1 Jan 18:05
Glasgow Warriors P - P Edinburgh Rugby

3. 2013/2014 Season - Next 3 Games

Sun 9 Feb 13:05
Newport Gwent Dragons  v  Edinburgh Rugby

Sat 15 Feb 17:00
Connacht Rugby v Edinburgh Rugby

Sat 22 Feb 14:30
Scarlets v Edinburgh Rugby

B. Glasgow

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread II - Page 14 Capald10

1. Pre-season

Sat 31 Aug 2013, 15:00
Exeter Chiefs 26 - 29 Glasgow Warriors

2. 2013/2014 Season

Fri 6 Sep, 19:35
Glasgow Warriors 22 - 15 Cardiff Blues

Fri 13 Sep, 19:05
Ulster Rugby 12 - 13 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 20 Sep, 19:35
Glasgow Warriors 12 - 6 Leinster Rugby

Fri 27 Sep, 19:30
Zebre 17 - 24 Glasgow Warriors

Sat 5 Oct, 18:30
Scarlets 12 - 17 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 25 Oct, 19:35
Glasgow Warriors 6 - 13 Munster Rugby

Sat 2 Nov, 17:00
Connacht Rugby 12 - 19 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 22 Nov, 19:35
Glasgow Warriors 8 - 23 Newport Gwent Dragons

Fri 29 Nov, 19:05
Ospreys 16 - 28 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 20 Dec, 19:35
Glasgow Warriors P - P Benetton Treviso

Thu 26 Dec 15:05
Edinburgh Rugby 16 - 20 Glasgow Warriors

Wed 1 Jan 18:05
Glasgow Warriors P - P Edinburgh Rugby

3. 2013/2014 Season - Next 3 Games

Sun 9 Feb 14:00
Glasgow Warriors v Connacht Rugby

Sat 15 Feb 18:30
Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors

Sun 23 Feb 14:30
Newport Gwent Dragons   v   Glasgow Warriors

Any and all patter about these teams is welcome.

Any jingoism, sledging or graceless kicking of anyone whilst they are up or down will see posts deleted.

Be gracious and be constructive.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread II - Page 14 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread II

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 20 Mar 2014, 5:35 pm

I wasn't suggesting for one minute I'd genuinely consider Vernon going to the World Cup....not as a centre, and certainly not as a number 8.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread II - Page 14 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread II

Post by BigGee Thu 20 Mar 2014, 5:44 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:I wasn't suggesting for one minute I'd genuinely consider Vernon going to the World Cup....not as a centre, and certainly not as a number 8.

I would never say never. He has showed some promise in the switch to centre, but a bit to early to say for sure how it is going to pan out. We are not that blessed with centres, a couple of injuries and you never know. We have taken worse centres than he looks like he is going to be to previous world cups!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Mar 2014, 9:01 am

Edinburgh are playing the last game on the worm infested turf tonight

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby/latest/rugby-fans-can-get-a-wedge-of-murrayfield-turf-1-3348752

Edinburgh's last two home games are going to be played elsewhere, with Meggatland the front runner.

Good to hear that they are looking to increase the capacity of Meggatland - judging by the empty space are the Ospreys game they had limited the capacity to 3k to start with, but you could easily get another thousand in there.  Assuming there are no issues with the council or neighbourhood complaints etc.

If Meggatland can take 4k it would be a good venue.  Only problem is there aren't any boozers around there really, and it is a bit difficult to get to.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 21 Mar 2014, 10:09 am

It all makes sense now idea 
The MFL are actually in the process of moving to Scotstoun. Player by player.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 21 Mar 2014, 10:12 am

Laugh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 21 Mar 2014, 10:32 am

jimbopip wrote:It all makes sense now idea 
The MFL are actually in the process of moving to Scotstoun. Player by player.

via Meggetland
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 21 Mar 2014, 3:10 pm

Nice to see the weegies supporting an Edinburgh Player to help One Direction Denton get 6th palce in the RBS player of the tourney vote
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 3:16 pm

Just a quick question about Mike Coman, is he scottish qualified? with that many arrivals at Edinburgh gotten a bit confused if he is or not qualified!
Just thinking with Beattie being out for the season there is a back row spot on the summer tour freed up.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Mar 2014, 3:30 pm

No he's not.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 21 Mar 2014, 3:47 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Only problem is there aren't any boozers around there really, and it is a bit difficult to get to.

This is my big issue. When I purchased my season ticket it was for Murrayfield, a short walk from my flat. This changes the goal posts in my opinion - Meggetland is a huge pain for me to get to and from on a Friday evening (or any other time to be honest).

Pretty hacked off - they should have told me at the start of the season that I'd be missing games as a result of matches being played at Netherdale and Meggetland.

Don't get me wrong, Murrayfield is not the right home for Edinburgh, but this is a significant change for season ticket holders.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Mar 2014, 3:48 pm

You see there's shuttle busses from Murrayfield?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 21 Mar 2014, 3:52 pm

It's hardly ideal though it is. I walk 25 minutes to Murrayfield to get on a bus (presumably leaving pretty early) to the other side of Edinburgh, then at the end of the game, rather than walking 25 minutes home, I have to wait for the bus to drive me back to Murrayfield. It was even worse with Netherdale - you basically needed to take a half day for that friendly.

I know it sounds like I'm making a big deal over nothing, but making a change like this in the middle of the season is quite a big deal in my opinion. I certainly don't remember any sort of consultation process around this.

Is this to allow them sufficient time to sort out the pitch ahead of next season?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Mar 2014, 3:54 pm

Given that Celtic are playing their champions league qualifiers there, it will be ready for Edinburgh.

Does it make you feel better that we've had to move the last 2 games to make the pitch ready in time for a football team??

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 21 Mar 2014, 3:56 pm

Having just read the article it appears there was a "consultation" - just not with season ticket holders.

I do sympathise with having to sort out the pitch, it needs to be done. I had hoped they'd use the summer for that, but apparently it's being done now to accommodate Celtic, clearly more important than Edinburgh rugby.

mad 

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 21 Mar 2014, 4:00 pm

What's the difference between MFL supporters and Celtic?
Celtic come from a city with a rugby club. drumroll 

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Mar 2014, 4:01 pm

The sru probably see earning a shed load of ticket money from 3 football games more important than season ticket holders having the last 2 games at Murrayfield!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 21 Mar 2014, 4:05 pm

I have no doubt that's the logic from the SRU. Money before fans. Translate that into latin and the SRU should have themselves a nice new motto:

Argentum in conspectu populi

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Mar 2014, 4:09 pm

No idea what that means.

To be fair, those 3 football games are probably funding part of the pitch!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 21 Mar 2014, 4:22 pm

"Money (or silver) above the public" - crudely translated.....

Tell you what, this pitch better be so good that even Jack Cuthbert looks fast!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Fri 21 Mar 2014, 4:34 pm

Does anyone here know if the Edinburgh v Ulster game tonight is being televised anywhere? Or is it radio commentary only?

Re-Meggetland, if there was better parking and a half decent pub or beer garden/tent, I would be fully behind a move to Meggetland.
And I wonder if there's any further news regarding that new Stockbridge development? It apparently got the go-ahead last august.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Mar 2014, 4:35 pm

Games only on radio.

Pretty sure the development is currently getting built!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 21 Mar 2014, 4:39 pm

Yeh, plenty of work going on in Stockbridge. Had the games been moved to Stockbridge I'd be entirely in favour, with or without consultation. That would have been fair....

Given the possibility of nice weather, they really ought to get a beer tent sorted for Meggatland, or something of that ilk. You really can't watch Edinburgh play rugby sober.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 21 Mar 2014, 4:44 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:The sru probably see earning a shed load of ticket money from 3 football games more important than season ticket holders having the last 2 games at Murrayfield!

The SRU is not exactly awash with money and these three games will probably just about pay for the new pitch. As said it had to be done, so might as well get it done for free. The rewards will hopefully be obvious watching Edinburgh and Scotland play next year.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 21 Mar 2014, 4:47 pm

Surely the games have been moved purely down to the fact that the pitch has little grass left?

If they have been moved to allow the new pitch to be installed in time for Celtic to rock up, then it will just show how ridiculous the SRU are. Shafting thier own fans in favour of a football team would be utterly shambolic!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Mar 2014, 4:49 pm

I'm ok with it - short term pain for long tern gain.

Those pitches won't be cheap!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 21 Mar 2014, 4:49 pm

BigGee wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:The sru probably see earning a shed load of ticket money from 3 football games more important than season ticket holders having the last 2 games at Murrayfield!

The SRU is not exactly awash with money and these three games will probably just about pay for the new pitch. As said it had to be done, so might as well get it done for free. The rewards will hopefully be obvious watching Edinburgh and Scotland play next year.

I do hope so. In times gone by having a ploughed field for a pitch would have been an advantage to Scotland, but now we have players like Visser, Maitland and Hogg, we need to get this pitch fixed so we can get used to playing at pace.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Fri 21 Mar 2014, 5:00 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
BigGee wrote:

I do hope so. In times gone by having a ploughed field for a pitch would have been an advantage to Scotland, but now we have players like Visser, Maitland and Hogg, we need to get this pitch fixed so we can get used to playing at pace.

+1  OK 

We have a lot of quick footed young players who need the firm ground to use those quick feet!
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 21 Mar 2014, 5:26 pm

You never know, this new pitch could be the making of Lee Jones. Shane who?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 22 Mar 2014, 12:10 pm

Fes, RDW, WTF.Shocked 
Every time I come close to puuting all the MFL stereotypes in the bin you do something that even Schiz couldn't make up.
Latin mottoes FFS.picard 
Given the steady trickle of players trekking westward here's the new motto,
" If you can't beat them join them." Very Happy 

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 22 Mar 2014, 12:55 pm

jimbopip wrote:Fes, RDW, WTF.Shocked 
Every time I come close to puuting all the MFL stereotypes in the bin you do something that even Schiz couldn't make up.
Latin mottoes FFS.picard 
Given the steady trickle of players trekking westward here's the new motto,
"If you can't beat them join them." Very Happy 
Or as FES would say, "Si non eos vincere potes, eis interes".  OK
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 22 Mar 2014, 3:25 pm

Is there a website for generating Latin quotes or something??

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 22 Mar 2014, 4:12 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Is there a website for generating Latin quotes or something??
How dare you. All lawyers are fluent in Latin, don'tcha know. Chicks love it. (Whistle)
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 22 Mar 2014, 7:39 pm

What's Latin for "ye cannae shove yer granny off the bus"
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 24 Mar 2014, 8:34 am

As time goes on it is starting to look very likely that Ruaridh Jackson, Ross Rennie, Geoff Cross (pretty much confirmed) and Nick De Luca are leaving Glasgow and Edinburgh.  Add the fact that Greig Laidlaw is leaving that is a big chunk of experience and faithful Edinburgh players that will be missing from the club.

Have to say I wouldn't mind one or two of them leaving, but to lose 4 front line well respected (no jokes about De Luca!) Edinburgh players is a big blow for the fans and club.

Especially when Cross is being replaced by a Kiwi, Rennie by no one and De Luca by a Saffer (Strauss) and not to mention any new signings over the summer who are likely to come from lands afar.

I have faith in Solomons, and he knows what he's doing, but I hope he realises he is treading a fine line in terms of the heart and soul of a club.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 24 Mar 2014, 9:37 am

The replacements being non SQ are bad for Scotland but Solomons really wont care about that. His job is to make Edinburgh sucessful, not Scotland!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Mon 24 Mar 2014, 9:58 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:As time goes on it is starting to look very likely that Ruaridh Jackson, Ross Rennie, Geoff Cross (pretty much confirmed) and Nick De Luca are leaving Glasgow and Edinburgh.  Add the fact that Greig Laidlaw is leaving that is a big chunk of experience and faithful Edinburgh players that will be missing from the club.

Have to say I wouldn't mind one or two of them leaving, but to lose 4 front line well respected (no jokes about De Luca!) Edinburgh players is a big blow for the fans and club.

Especially when Cross is being replaced by a Kiwi, Rennie by no one and De Luca by a Saffer (Strauss) and not to mention any new signings over the summer who are likely to come from lands afar.

I have faith in Solomons, and he knows what he's doing, but I hope he realises he is treading a fine line in terms of the heart and soul of a club.

I'm starting to lose the Faith in Solomons after the whole Cross saga, in his best days he is a better player than Nel.

As a big fan of the doctor, i'm extremely peed off.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 24 Mar 2014, 12:38 pm

To be fair to Solomons the performances on the pitch are far better since his coaching regime has taken hold, and until that ceases to be the case, he'll have my full backing.

I concur that ditching Cross and Rennie is odd, I rate them both, and I'm not yet convined by Strauss at centre. Looks pretty limited. But the commitment of the players on the field is as good as I've seen for years, and whilst I'd like to see more SQ players being developed, those that are getting regular game time (Ford, Dickinson, Gilchrist, Grant, Hart, Brown, Fife and Cuthbert) are improving by playing alongside decent players in a side that isn't getting hammered every week.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Mon 24 Mar 2014, 1:15 pm

Solomons has said that the plan has to be to put together a squad that is mentally tough and competitive (paraphrasing a lot, but along those lines) and that when that kind of environment is in place that is the time when the talented youngsters can start being phased into a competitive environment. Rather than the lambs to the slaughter style of recent years. Its a good plan and one I agree with even if it means some Scotland players moving on in the short term. We've all said over the last few years that serious rebuilding is needed at Edinburgh, we can't now turn around and 'lose faith' in Solomons when he starts to act on that!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 24 Mar 2014, 1:19 pm

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:Solomons has said that the plan has to be to put together a squad that is mentally tough and competitive (paraphrasing a lot, but along those lines) and that when that kind of environment is in place that is the time when the talented youngsters can start being phased into a competitive environment. Rather than the lambs to the slaughter style of recent years. Its a good plan and one I agree with even if it means some Scotland players moving on in the short term. We've all said over the last few years that serious rebuilding is needed at Edinburgh, we can't now turn around and 'lose faith' in Solomons when he starts to act on that!

The point that we have though is that Cross, Rennie and De Luca can do that job until the younger players come through, instead of random players brought in from around the world.

I've definitely changed my tune slightly - I've been behind Solomons and most of these signings from the beginning, but losing Laidlaw, Cross, Rennie and De Luca in one go really doesn't sit well with me.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 24 Mar 2014, 1:23 pm

Just to clarify I'm still behind Solomons and am confident he will make us competitive again, but I just wish he could have held on to Rennie and Cross at the very least!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Mon 24 Mar 2014, 1:27 pm

To be fair to you if we lose Rennie because Solomons thinks he's not big enough to be our 7 at that point I will be disgruntled, annoyed even. The other 3, while all good and senior players in their own right are very much part of the old guard and if we are really going for a complete ground up rebuilding of the culture and attitude within the squad I don't begrudge a new coach feeling he needs to move some of that type of player on to achieve that kind of transformation. It is after all a formula he's used before to great success, is it not?

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 24 Mar 2014, 1:39 pm

It worked at Ulster, but remember he got the boot at Northampton after a very short period after getting rid of established older players and replacing them with lots of foreigners.

Again I am still behind him, and I think it is very early days given the fact that a number of players in the current starting XV hadn't even arrived by the start of the season, and the coaching team didn't get a full pre-season.

We need to give him time though - If this time next year we are in the top 6 and with a chance of getting a top 4 slot I think it can be judged a success. If however we are in a similar position to where we are currently in the league, with similar number of foreigners in the club, then the pressure really will be on him.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 24 Mar 2014, 3:09 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:It worked at Ulster, but remember he got the boot at Northampton after a very short period after getting rid of established older players and replacing them with lots of foreigners.
Mike Blair was quoted in the Herald about this:
Ulster became a tough side to beat, especially at home, during Solomons' time in charge, and it was no surprise that he was headhunted by Northampton after three seasons. However, the formula that had worked at Ulster did not translate to the East Midlands, and Blair thinks he knows why.

"Northampton had a lot of big-name England players at the time," he recalled. "Guys like Paul Grayson and Matt Dawson were there. The feedback I got was that they didn't take kindly to Solly trying to stamp his authority on them. They were pretty stuck in their ways and didn't want this outsider coming in and telling them what to do."

Within a few months, and after eight straight defeats, Solomons had been hounded out of Franklin's Gardens, albeit with a healthy pay-off. "I don't think the money would have mattered all that much to him," said Blair. "It was a battle of wills and he lost, and he wouldn't have been happy with that.

"I don't think you'd get a situation like that arising now. The days of player power are long gone."
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:33 pm

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:To be fair to you if we lose Rennie because Solomons thinks he's not big enough to be our 7 at that point I will be disgruntled, annoyed even. The other 3, while all good and senior players in their own right are very much part of the old guard and if we are really going for a complete ground up rebuilding of the culture and attitude within the squad I don't begrudge a new coach feeling he needs to move some of that type of player on to achieve that kind of transformation. It is after all a formula he's used before to great success, is it not?

We don't know the full stories behind any of these moves, whether it was the players who wanted to move on or the clubs, I think that is particularly true in RR case, as you can see lots of reasons why he would want a change of scenery. Greg Laidlaw was apparently offered a contract, but also said he wanted a move, as well as a considerable pay rise! I think it was a sensible move to take it on his part, for both reasons.

At the end of the day you can't be sentimental about this, it is the nature of professional sport. Cross and De Luca have been great stalwarts at the club, but have also been part of the malaise the past few years. They could continue to do a job, but it is unlikely that either of them will ever improve as players staying where they are. The same with Jackson at Glasgow, they have gone as far as they can in their current clubs.

Lets see what Dean, Hoyland, McQuillan and Russell can do in their places and lets see what they can do being challenged in another environment. It may well turn out to be the best thing they have ever done. Plenty others have gone before them and benefitted from such a move.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Mon 24 Mar 2014, 9:59 pm

With Edinburgh's easier run in do you think they can take the final spot for the Teir 1 Cup or do you think they would stand a chance of taking the Teir 2 Cup.

it does seem like they are on a bit of a run currently. This looks like being a good year for Scottish Club rugby with them being mid table while Glasgow are doing well keeping with the big 3 (provided they win their games in hand)

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Totalflanker Mon 24 Mar 2014, 10:09 pm

Think the Scarlet's run in looks better - don't think they have a single game against a team above them left.

Totalflanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Mon 24 Mar 2014, 10:16 pm

Totalflanker wrote:Think the Scarlet's run in looks better - don't think they have a single game against a team above them left.

i don't think there is any team in the second teir that they would be afraid of and would be one of the top teams.

with Scarlets I think they can look a bit vunerable in games where as Edinburgh seem to be getting back some belief in themselves

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Tue 25 Mar 2014, 7:25 am

Glasgow just tweeted that they have some news at 10am about a signing. My guess is rhubarb has extended his contract.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 25 Mar 2014, 7:37 am

Well given that our last 3 games are Glasgow, Munster then Leinster it's not that easy a run in!

If we win our 2 games in hand we'll overtake the scarlets, but that's big if.

It can be done, but we simply have to beat treviso and dragons away in the next 2 games coming up to stand any chance.

Worth pointing out that connacht are there or there about too, and their run in isn't that bad!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Tue 25 Mar 2014, 8:14 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Well given that our last 3 games are Glasgow, Munster then Leinster it's not that easy a run in!

If we win our 2 games in hand we'll overtake the scarlets, but that's big if.

It can be done, but we simply have to beat treviso and dragons away in the next 2 games coming up to stand any chance.

Worth pointing out that connacht are there or there about too, and their run in isn't that bad!

a HC semi-final/final could make the two irish games alot easier. I think Edinburgh would do very well in the teir two cup as they will win 3 home games and be a top seed most likely rather than the third seed they usually are.

It will be interesting to see if Glasgow take 4th (which i think they will) causing there to be no top welsh team in the playoffs and cementing Gladgows place in the Top4 best teams in the league. They just need a break through year i europe to move them on a level.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next