The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New European Cup Thread (Merged)

+67
The Saint
GavinDragon
asoreleftshoulder
Engine#4
Hound of Harrow
doctornickolas
The Great Aukster
lostinwales
Jimpy
profitius
Metal Tiger
stub
Ozzy3213
ME-109
RF09
No 7&1/2
stevetynant
quinsforever
thebandwagonsociety
Cardiff Dave
Eustace H Plimsoll
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
kiakahaaotearoa
gregortree
No9
slane
Rugby Fan
XR
rodders
Geordie
GunsGerms
englandglory4ever
munkian
Pot Hale
nathan
Welshmushroom
Scrumpy
Poorfour
Feckless Rogue
wolfball
broadlandboy
whocares
andyi
Portnoy's Complaint
SecretFly
Notch
Irish Londoner
geoff998rugby
Dubbelyew L Overate
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
monwy
Exiledinborders
malky1963
Jenifer McLadyboy
Brendan
beshocked
LordDowlais
KiaRose
Sin é
Heaf
HammerofThunor
BigTrevsbigmac
RDW
LeinsterFan4life
wayne
LondonTiger
71 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The New European Cup Thread (Merged) - Page 13 Empty The New European Cup Thread (Merged)

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Mon 17 Mar 2014, 3:59 am

First topic message reminder :

Can anyone provide an update on what is going to actually happen from next season?

A factual update would be welcome. As brief as possible.

Opinionated views not so.

Last edited by Portnoy's Complaint on Thu 20 Mar 2014, 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

The New European Cup Thread (Merged) - Page 13 Empty Re: The New European Cup Thread (Merged)

Post by Scrumpy Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:06 pm

I think Sexton looks a better player since he has been playing more.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

The New European Cup Thread (Merged) - Page 13 Empty Re: The New European Cup Thread (Merged)

Post by quinsforever Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:08 pm

munkian wrote:What facts ?

It was a fact that Quins rested key players against the Saracens in a big derby game.

Its a fact that international players played for their clubs in the Rabbo last weekend.

You make sweeping statements about a league you probably don't even watch and call them facts

Are you seriously suggesting ALL Rabbo teams have such huge squads and strength in depth that they can afford to rest 'key players' for extended periods of time ?

do i need to watch every rabo game to see the appearance statistics for the previous several seasons?

warburton - amazing how he managed to recover from injury in time to play in the 6Ns, then is out for the rest of the season again. who is determining his fitness and availability, club or country?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:09 pm

Munchkin wrote:

The Celtic league based in Switzerland? Why?

Coz then it would not be in the home of the big bad wolf that everybody wants dead. It will also be in a very legally above-board country with no secret investors with secret bank accounts and dubious money collection methods such as drug dealing, arms dealing and money laundering. A place where no hidden secret deals could be done with refs, like what woz happening in that place out in the Atlantic ocean.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:11 pm

Whats happening to WRUburton, will he continue to be available ( Laugh ) for Cardiff or is he out in the cold?
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:11 pm

Scrumpy wrote:I think Sexton looks a better player since he has been playing more.
i think so too. sharper, better tactical decision making, more dangerous ball in hand. i got rubbished a few months ago for suggesting that once he got used to the frequency of matches (Smile) he was going to get better and better from the new and different experience he would be gaining.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:13 pm

Scrumpy wrote:I think Sexton looks a better player since he has been playing more.

You do?
Where?
Certainly not at Racing.
And his old club is Leinster...hmmmm and his new Ireland boss is his old Leinster one. Hmmmm, playing better for Ireland? Since when has he been better, since he left the side that is again in the HEC playoffs?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:15 pm

hahahaha. how dare anyone suggest that a player might benefit in any way at all by leaving Leinster. How silly of anyone to even think such a thing. Laugh 

this is the kind of blinkered status quo bias that caused the prl/lnr/ffr to pull the ripcord on the ERC.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:16 pm

quinsforever wrote:
i think so too. sharper, better tactical decision making, more dangerous ball in hand. i got rubbished a few months ago for suggesting that once he got used to the frequency of matches (Smile) he was going to get better and better from the new and different experience he would be gaining.

it's a good joke  Laugh  that's what it is.

Meanwhile, it might prompt other Irish players to tip over to English or French sides in the hope of getting 'better'. You never know. It's certainly something AP and Top14 are thinking about as they plan their fairer future for all.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:16 pm

He has looked alright when I've watched Racing.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:19 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

Coz then it would not be in the home of the big bad wolf that everybody wants dead.  It will also be in a very legally above-board country with no secret investors with secret bank accounts and dubious money collection methods such as drug dealing, arms dealing and money laundering.  A place where no hidden secret deals could be done with refs, like what woz happening in that place out in the Atlantic ocean.

Drat! We've been found out  mad  But on the plus side I'm going to do a roaring trade in selling tin hats  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:20 pm

Munchkin wrote:
wayne wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
wayne wrote:
quinsforever wrote:the argument is over. we won. the crying over spilt milk continues Wink
And we did (RRW)

Still possible that RRW will be represented with just the one team in next seasons competition. Yes, RRW won....

Still, there's always the Rabo to enjoy  Very Happy 
If that is all we get through a meritocratic competition so be it, We are getting more money and NOT controlled by the WRU, you are still under the impression we wanted out of the Rabo, as has been illustrated the joining with the AP was a fall back position, all that is needed now is for the new Celtitalian League to be also based in Switzerland

More money? How much would one team pull in from Europe? I'm not saying you will only have the one. Just that there is that potential, as with Ireland of course. Any increase in money is relative to that which others receive though isn't it? As a percentage the RRW have actually accepted less. Much less, and as the European pot increases the gap in money terms widens between PRL and the four Rabo unions.

I'm not under the impression that RRW wanted out of Rabo. I never was. It was the RRW fans that were crying to get out, and be with their friends in AP, and it was them that were under the false impression that it was likely.

We'll get more money from RCC pot in relative terms to the Irish, Scots and Italian from the extra £5M negotiated with BT, this money will be paid DIRECT to RRW NOT WRU, there were many on these threads that said we wanted in with the AP, not one of which is a true RRW (season ticket holder wanted that).
As to your final quote just go and have a look at any Region v Province match refereed by an Irishman.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:20 pm

quinsforever wrote:hahahaha. how dare anyone suggest that a player might benefit in any way at all by leaving Leinster. How silly of anyone to even think such a thing. Laugh 

this is the kind of blinkered status quo bias that caused the prl/lnr/ffr to pull the ripcord on the ERC.

You can suggest it all you like, quins. Write it in big bold letters.

It's still a hoot of a joke that you do so though given the only place you're seeing the major improvement is him playing for Ireland under his old Leinster coach. He's playing better under Schmidt than any Irish player played under Kidney. What a remarkable turnaround!!!! I wonder why that is? maybe it's because he's now in France???
Maybe it's simply that Ireland now play like Leinster?? Huh? Could be - there is a lot of circumstantial evidence that would suggest so. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:20 pm

I also think Sexton looks better this season (because the coach who made him look like a world-beater at Leinster is now making him look like a world-beater for Ireland).
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:21 pm

But he has looked good for Racing too, so that argument falls apart.

Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:21 pm

So, for example, which Welsh Rabbo team rested players last weekend ? If you have 50 examples it shouldn't be too hard

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:22 pm

Munchkin wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

Coz then it would not be in the home of the big bad wolf that everybody wants dead.  It will also be in a very legally above-board country with no secret investors with secret bank accounts and dubious money collection methods such as drug dealing, arms dealing and money laundering.  A place where no hidden secret deals could be done with refs, like what woz happening in that place out in the Atlantic ocean.

Drat! We've been found out  mad  But on the plus side I'm going to do a roaring trade in selling tin hats  Very Happy 
See it is that obvious you got it in one

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:24 pm

Scrumpy wrote:But he has looked good for Racing too, so that argument falls apart.

What games exactly would that be Wurzel?

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:24 pm

Scrumpy wrote:But he has looked good for Racing too, so that argument falls apart.

Actually I was going to post the exact opposite. He got left out of Irelands first test this season due to indifferent form.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:28 pm

quinsforever wrote:
munkian wrote:What facts ?

It was a fact that Quins rested key players against the Saracens in a big derby game.

Its a fact that international players played for their clubs in the Rabbo last weekend.

You make sweeping statements about a league you probably don't even watch and call them facts

Are you seriously suggesting ALL Rabbo teams have such huge squads and strength in depth that they can afford to rest 'key players' for extended periods of time ?

do i need to watch every rabo game to see the appearance statistics for the previous several seasons?

warburton - amazing how he managed to recover from injury in time to play in the 6Ns, then is out for the rest of the season again. who is determining his fitness and availability, club or country?

So, again, which Welsh players DIDNT play for their regions last match ?

He got injured mid match and has had an operation, are you suggesting its a ploy ? Love that a Quins fan is throwing stones about fake injuries  Rolling Eyes 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:28 pm

Sexton has already said he was close to walking out of Racing before Christmas. He wants to be back in Leinster and even said so straight after he signed for Racing.

Sexton's kicking has gotten worse since he's been with Racing. He has always been great with ball in hand, so I struggle to see where he has improved.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:30 pm

ME-109 wrote:

What games exactly would that be Wurzel?

Can't remember off hand Paddy, took him a while to settle in mind but playing week in week out does take it out of you.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:31 pm

wayne wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
wayne wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
wayne wrote:
quinsforever wrote:the argument is over. we won. the crying over spilt milk continues Wink
And we did (RRW)

Still possible that RRW will be represented with just the one team in next seasons competition. Yes, RRW won....

If that is all we get through a meritocratic competition so be it, We are getting more money and NOT controlled by the WRU, you are still under the impression we wanted out of the Rabo, as has been illustrated the joining with the AP was a fall back position, all that is needed now is for the new Celtitalian League to be also based in Switzerland

More money? How much would one team pull in from Europe? I'm not saying you will only have the one. Just that there is that potential, as with Ireland of course. Any increase in money is relative to that which others receive though isn't it? As a percentage the RRW have actually accepted less. Much less, and as the European pot increases the gap in money terms widens between PRL and the four Rabo unions.

I'm not under the impression that RRW wanted out of Rabo. I never was. It was the RRW fans that were crying to get out, and be with their friends in AP, and it was them that were under the false impression that it was likely.

We'll get more money from RCC pot in relative terms to the Irish, Scots and Italian from the extra £5M negotiated with BT, this money will be paid DIRECT to RRW NOT WRU, there were many on these threads that said we wanted in with the AP, not one of which is a true RRW (season ticket holder wanted that).
As to your final quote just go and have a look at any Region v Province match refereed by an Irishman.

Will you now?  Very Happy Any chance you can post factual details of this super negotiation here? I thank you in advance.

I had read somewhere that the regions may have an increase of around £1m split between the four annually. Peanuts.

I don't just read comments on these forums, wayne. I do read comments on various regions forums, and your claim about true season ticket holders is a bit silly.

"As to your final quote just go and have a look at any Region v Province match refereed by an Irishman."

Would you like to buy one of my super delux microwave resistant tin hats? A bargain at two for the price of three. *must be purchased quickly before stock runs out*

Last edited by Munchkin on Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:32 pm

So you can't name any games he has been good in for Racing? Even I could name a game he has played well in for Racing and I disagree with your original point.

I suggest you watch his performance against NH in the 2011 HC final if you want to see him play well.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:32 pm

I think the future is sorted now anyway.

Switzerland will solve Irish cheating and ref fixing.
France (and the new snappy English game) will lure Irish players away from Ireland to get 'better'.
One auto place will hopefully make Munster and Leinster do more than smoke cigarettes through the lesser Pro12 games (fat chance Wink )
Roving Percentages (anything from 75% to 50% etc) will now play in all European games instead of real players - to do away with national advantages come International time.

Yep.... I don't really know why the delays in signing!!!  We should nab this deal whilst it's hot!  It's perfect.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:33 pm

To be fair, most Irish refs in the Rabbo are awful
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:37 pm

You guys really can't stand it when someone has a different view from that of your own, your worse than our nearest and dearest Valley Boys.

Sextons performances for Racing have been good, I really think playing 'competitive rugby' week in week out suits him now that he has got use to it.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:39 pm

munkian wrote:To be fair, most all Irish refs in the Rabbo are awful

Fixed it  thumbsup

Apart from Nigel.

Last edited by Scrumpy on Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:39 pm

Your not backing up your argument though, so of course people are going to disagree with you.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:41 pm

Scrumpy wrote:You guys really can't stand it when someone has a different view from that of your own, your worse than our nearest and dearest Valley Boys.

Sextons performances for Racing have been good, I really think playing 'competitive rugby' week in week out suits him now that he has got use to it.

All any one is asking for is what evidence you have for this opinion. I have watched him a number of times for Racing and he hasnt been great. He hasnt been terrible but nothing to suggest he is playing better...

You are making a generalisation like say...the PRL are the saviours of European rugby... Laugh 

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:42 pm

Most refs in Europe are pretty poor. I only rate Barnes and Owens and I'm even struggling to think of any good SH refs. Maybe Pollock?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:43 pm

Scrumpy wrote:You guys really can't stand it when someone has a different view from that of your own, your worse than our nearest and dearest Valley Boys.

You're entitled to your opinions, Scrumpy. Certainly with my blessing. And we in turn are free to find some of them funny. That's 606 - damned if you do, damned if you don't; and game to be laughed at no matter how seriously you say it. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:46 pm

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how wrong they are
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:47 pm

Munchkin wrote:
wayne wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
wayne wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
wayne wrote:
And we did (RRW)

Will you now?  Very Happy Any chance you can post factual details of this super negotiation here? I thanky ou in advance.

I had read somewhere that the regions may have an increase of around £1m split between the four annually. Peanuts.

I don't just read comments on these forums, wayne. I do read comments on various regions forums, and your claim about true season ticket holders is a bit silly.

"As to your final quote just go and have a look at any Region v Province match refereed by an Irishman."

Would you like to buy one of my super delux microwave resistant tin hats? A bargain at two for the price of three. *must be purchased quickly before stock runs out*
Munchkin, I told you in previous posts that you need to do the Research, around the new year the RRW negotiated an extra £5M with BT this was an extra to the PRL deal, with this amount the Scots were not going to lose money over and above what they would lose due to dropping to 2 teams and the Irish would also not lose out, yet each Region would be £1M per season better off, also with the new agreement we are out from under the shackles of the WRU as we are signatories to the new deal.
I also frequent other forums and the overwhelming majority on WELSH forums was and is that the joining with the AP was a fall back position, and as these forums are associated with the respective regions and is the view expressed by the 4 Regions supporters who have met with the WRU and RRW as well.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:47 pm

Scrumpy wrote:
munkian wrote:To be fair, most all Irish refs in the Rabbo are awful

Fixed it  thumbsup

Apart from Nigel.

That pain is now over Scrumpy. From next season you can pull up a chair and watch some genuine games in Pro12. Irish refs exiled to Romania. Most Irish first ranked players will be joining you and watching the games too Wink I might even try watching a few too as it gets boring waiting for HEC every year.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:49 pm

I can only judge him on what I've seen and imo he has improved.

I give him a lot of credit for taking himself out of his comfort zone.
Is it any wonder he wanted to return to the easy life back in Dublin once he realised how hard a league the Top14 is compared to the Rabo, I'm glad he stuck it out as he and Ireland have benefited.

Last edited by Scrumpy on Fri 28 Mar 2014, 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Mar 2014, 3:58 pm

wayne wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
wayne wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
wayne wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
wayne wrote:
And we did (RRW)

Will you now?  Very Happy Any chance you can post factual details of this super negotiation here? I thanky ou in advance.

Munchkin, I told you in previous posts that you need to do the Research, around the new year the RRW negotiated an extra £5M with BT this was an extra to the PRL deal, with this amount the Scots were not going to lose money over and above what they would lose due to dropping to 2 teams and the Irish would also not lose out, yet each Region would be £1M per season better off, also with the new agreement we are out from under the shackles of the WRU as we are signatories to the new deal.
I also frequent other forums and the overwhelming majority on WELSH forums was and is that the joining with the AP was a fall back position, and as these forums are associated with the respective regions and is the view expressed by the 4 Regions supporters who have met with the WRU and RRW as well.

To be fair, the supporters groups are a bit of a joke, aren't they? Did you see the last meeting minutes posted? Almost incoherent. Maybe the secretary had a pint too many of the bitter  Very Happy 

Anywho.... So you haven't any factual evidence in support of this super RRW/BT negotiation, and would try and just deflect it back to me  Very Happy 

It's ok. I'm used to unsupported assertions remaining unsupported as they are usually baseless in the first instance.

Anyway, never mind all that. In fact I agree with everything you say really. Now what about these tin hats? How many do you want? angel 

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 28 Mar 2014, 4:12 pm

Notch wrote:I also think Sexton looks better this season (because the coach who made him look like a world-beater at Leinster is now making him look like a world-beater for Ireland).
but he's looking better with the same coach. so the only thing that has changed is his different club environment. therefore it must be the different club environment that's had the impact. QED  thumbsup 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 28 Mar 2014, 4:12 pm

Munchkin wrote:
wayne wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
wayne wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
wayne wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
wayne wrote:
And we did (RRW)

To be fair, the supporters groups are a bit of a joke, aren't they? Did you see the last meeting minutes posted? Almost incoherent. Maybe the secretary had a pint too many of the bitter  Very Happy 

Anywho....  So you haven't any factual evidence in support of this super RRW/BT negotiation, and would try and just deflect it back to me  Very Happy 

It's ok. I'm used to unsupported assertions remaining unsupported as they are usually baseless in the first instance.

Anyway, never mind all that. In fact I agree with everything you say really. Now what about these tin hats? How many do you want? angel 
Incoherent, I believe that just about sums you up

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 28 Mar 2014, 4:17 pm

I'm done on this topic, enjoy whats left.

6 places Bubbly 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 28 Mar 2014, 4:19 pm

Scrumpy wrote:I'm done on this topic, enjoy whats left.

6 places Bubbly 
Scrumpy, meritocracy and free of the WRU

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 28 Mar 2014, 4:20 pm

Scrumpy wrote:I'm done on this topic, enjoy whats left.

6 places Bubbly 

And the continued failure of English clubs therein...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 28 Mar 2014, 4:21 pm

ME-109 wrote:

All any one is asking for is what evidence you have for this opinion. I have watched him a number of times for Racing and he hasnt been great. He hasnt been terrible but nothing to suggest he is playing better...

You are making a generalisation like say...the PRL are the saviours of European rugby... Laugh 
i actually think sexton has been playing well, in a league and team which was initially completely outside his comfort zone. all his key link-up partnerships changed. he was often on the back foot when receiving ball, and Racing displayed very indifferent form and a real lack of cohesion in spite of all their big name signings.

of course it is going to look to leinster fans as if sexton isnt playing as well, especially in his first few games for Racing, because french rugby is harder and less beautiful, kicking and defense play a much greater role than attack, and, perhaps most important, sexton isnt playing for leinster anymore.

but he has never played so well for ireland over 4 consecutive games as he did in these last 4. his tactical kicking completely won the wales match, and he scored 4 tries in the last two! and that's nothing to do with schmidt. Sexton has grown. as long as he doesnt listen to ROG too much and adopt his petulance, then i think he is going to win irb POTY this year.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 28 Mar 2014, 4:23 pm

quinsforever wrote:
but he's [Sexton] looking better with the same coach.  

Schmidt continually improves players he coaches?
Precisely. Thus he is now known as Holy Joe and has his own cult rapidly developing. I hear even Tom Cruise might be persuaded to disown the Starship trooper one he's in at the moment. Schmidt gets better results and you don't have to talk nearly as much schyte to be a chosen one.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 28 Mar 2014, 4:26 pm

So a few months with an awful Racing team is why Sexton has been playing well for Ireland under Schmidt. Its all so clear now.

Why did we resign SOB and Heaslip. Send them all to Racing they are so much better at developing players.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 28 Mar 2014, 4:28 pm

quinsforever wrote: Sexton has grown. as long as he doesnt listen to ROG too much and adopt his petulance, then i think he is going to win irb POTY this year.

The one thing he MUST do is listen to ROG. ROG slotted over easy kicks in high stakes games. That's the one area of his game that Sexton needs to work heavily on. Both against England and France he had periods when the kicking aspect of his game let him down. Oh yes, ROG is the man to talk to and get that sorted out before next year.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Mar 2014, 4:29 pm

wayne wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
wayne wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
wayne wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
wayne wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
wayne wrote:
And we did (RRW)

Anywho....  So you haven't any factual evidence in support of this super RRW/BT negotiation, and would try and just deflect it back to me  Very Happy 

Incoherent, I believe that just about sums you up

Why I thank you, kind sir  kiss 

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 28 Mar 2014, 4:36 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:So a few months with an awful Racing team is why Sexton has been playing well for Ireland under Schmidt. Its all so clear now.

Why did we resign SOB and Heaslip. Send them all to Racing they are so much better at developing players.
10 is very different from back row. 10 is the general, and if the type of game is very different, then the general will have to learn and adapt. back-rowers are the advanced infantry. they have the same job in every league.

is this not obvious? just by playing in the top14, Sexton is gaining a lot of experience. certainly more than by continuing to play with the same players he has played his whole professional life with. bravo to sexton for making such a brave move and taking himself outside the leinster comfort zone, especially given he's married.

think you'll find heaslip wasnt really wanted by toulon in spite of the fake numbers his agent circulated...

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 28 Mar 2014, 4:37 pm

10 isn't the general in France, its the 9
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 28 Mar 2014, 4:38 pm

munkian wrote:10 isn't the general in France, its the 9

Laugh It is if QF says so.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 28 Mar 2014, 4:54 pm

With all this talk of Sexton needing the break from his Leinster mates to Grow in Europe in a Real League, perhaps that's the next stage for the further development of Owen Farrell? After all, he has more to learn and he might learn it quicker playing in a league with the likes of three time HEC champion Sexton in it?

Oh Fly!!!  Don't be such a fool!  You rose-tinted Leinster eejit!  We're talking about the standards of rugby in Pro12 not the AP.  Irish club players simply need to get out more to improve... in England that's not so urgent.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next