The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV

+40
funnyExiledScot
RDW
George Carlin
justified sinner
GLove39
21st Century Schizoid Man
EST
VinceWLB
EWT Spoons
Geordie
TJ
Pal Joey
Welly
Poorfour
des
St John The Enforcer
lostinwales
Imperialbigdave
tigertattie
Notch
Tattie Scones RRN
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Dorothy_Mantooth
R!skysports
highland_scot
SecretFly
RuggerRadge2611
madmaccas
the_oncoming_storm
reallybored
alive555
Biltong
demosthenes
MacKnocked-on
Weegie Wizard
BigGee
nickj
Nematode
Majestic83
44 posters

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV - Page 5 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV

Post by George Carlin Fri 27 Jun 2014, 6:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Historical Banter:
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV - Page 5 Blacka10
https://www.606v2.com/t48240-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread
https://www.606v2.com/t51313-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-ii
https://www.606v2.com/t53119-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iii

A new thread for the 2014/5 season.

A. Edinburgh Rugby
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV - Page 5 Edinbu10

1. Coaching Team

Alan Solomons - head coach
Stevie Scott -  assistant coach
Omar Mouneimne - assistant coach

2. Players In

Neil Cochrane from London Wasps
John Andress from Worcester Warriors
Rory Sutherland from Gala RFC
Tom Heathcote from Bath Rugby
Michael Tait from Newcastle Falcons
Fraser McKenzie from Newcastle Falcons
Phil Burleigh from the Highlanders
Anton Bresler from the Sharks
Brett Thompson from USA 7s

3. Players Out

Steven Lawrie retired
Alun Walker released
Alex Allan to Glasgow Warriors
Geoff Cross to London Irish
Lewis Niven released
Sean Cox to London Irish
Robert McAlpine released
Perry Parker to Rotherham Titans
Izak van der Westhuizen released
Ross Rennie to Bristol Rugby
Dimitri Basilaia released
Alex Black released
Greig Laidlaw to Gloucester Rugby
Chris Leck released
Piers Francis released
Gregor Hunter released
Harry Leonard to Leeds Carnegie
Ben Atiga retired
Ben Cairns retired
Nick De Luca to Biarritz Olympique
Lee Jones released
Aleki Lutui to Gloucester Rugby

4. Pre-season Fixtures

Leicester Tigers v Edinburgh
Saturday 23 August, 14:00
Welford Road

Edinburgh v Newcastle Falcons
Friday 29 August, 19:45
Mansfield Park, Hawick

B. Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV - Page 5 Glasgo10

1. Coaching Team

Gregor Townsend – Head Coach
Shade Munro – Forwards Coach
Matt Taylor – Defence Coach

2. Players In

Alex Allan from Edinburgh
Murray McConnell from Ayr RFC
Euan Murray from Worcester Warriors
James Downey from Munster
Rossouw de Klerk from the Cheetahs

3. Players Out

Moray Low to Exeter Chiefs
Chris Cusiter to Sale Sharks
Ruaridh Jackson to London Wasps
Ed Kalman retired
Byron McGuigan released
Finlay Gillies released
Scott Wight to Melrose RFC
Gabriel Ascárate released
Folau Niua released
Carlin Isles to USA 7s

4. Pre-season Fixtures

Glasgow Warriors v Harlequins
Saturday 23 August, 14:30
Scotstoun Stadium

London Scottish v Glasgow Warriors
Saturday 30 August, 15:00
Richmond Athletic Ground

Last edited by George Carlin on Fri 01 Aug 2014, 1:37 am; edited 8 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV - Page 5 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV

Post by George Carlin Thu 10 Jul 2014, 7:46 am

I would have loved Edinburgh to have signed Ian Evans, incidentally. He seems to be skittish in terms of form but he's still an international quality lock and so moving to the Brizzle All Stars came as a real shock to me. He only seemed to move because Toulon decided he wasn't old enough or expensive enough. Evans, Bresler and Gilchrist was a rotation I could have got excited about.

Similarly imagine a Matt Scott-Bundee Aki hinge. Again, I could have get excited about that - dynamic and explosive centre combination.

Whilst some of the signings have been good, I think that there is merit in criticising the SRU for not having been quite inventive enough. Makes you wonder who is behind the signings. I know for a fact, for example, that Toonie insisted on signing Matwalu and Nakarawa because he wanted them and his force of will pushed the deals though. Where would we have been without them over the past 2 seasons?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV - Page 5 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV

Post by RDW Thu 10 Jul 2014, 7:47 am

George Carlin wrote:Where would we have been without them over the past 2 seasons?

Well in Matawalu's case, Pro 12 winners?  Whistle 

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 10 Jul 2014, 7:49 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Where would we have been without them over the past 2 seasons?

Well in Matawalu's case, Pro 12 winners?  Whistle 
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV - Page 5 Budo11
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 10 Jul 2014, 8:05 am

I bet you've been dying to use that emoticon for months!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 10 Jul 2014, 8:21 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:I bet you've been dying to use that emoticon for months!
I have also been keen to use this one, which surmises Tim Visser's defensive capabilities in the form of a simple animation:
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV - Page 5 Visser10
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Thu 10 Jul 2014, 9:54 am

George Carlin wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:I bet you've been dying to use that emoticon for months!
I have also been keen to use this one, which surmises Tim Visser's defensive capabilities in the form of a simple animation:
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IV - Page 5 Visser10

clap  thumbsup 

You know what makes Visser's being scared to tackle even worse. He actually played quite a few games in the backrow for Newcastle in the early days!

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Thu 10 Jul 2014, 9:55 am

nickj wrote:Whether we like it or not, neither team is entirely independent of the SRU, so while there's room for NSQ or project players, we have to pick and choose and 90% of recruitment is done with the national team in mind.

I see that Nick, but to be fair though it doesn't explain this new American lad, he may turn out to be handy but surely they would benefit more from a bigger more experienced player - as they did with Blackadder all those years ago.

It's not the end of the world, we just seem to have lost more big game players than we've gained, and with the squad now 'finalised' I can't figure out where the money's going. One thought is that they're paying the Scotland lads over market value to try and keep them in the country. Would explain their seemingly overinflated egos.

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Thu 10 Jul 2014, 9:56 am

George Carlin wrote:I would have loved Edinburgh to have signed Ian Evans, incidentally. He seems to be skittish in terms of form but he's still an international quality lock and so moving to the Brizzle All Stars came as a real shock to me. He only seemed to move because Toulon decided he wasn't old enough or expensive enough. Evans, Bresler and Gilchrist was a rotation I could have got excited about.

Similarly imagine a Matt Scott-Bundee Aki hinge. Again, I could have get excited about that - dynamic and explosive centre combination.

Whilst some of the signings have been good, I think that there is merit in criticising the SRU for not having been quite inventive enough. Makes you wonder who is behind the signings. I know for a fact, for example, that Toonie insisted on signing Matwalu and Nakarawa because he wanted them and his force of will pushed the deals though. Where would we have been without them over the past 2 seasons?

Feel free to email them to nominate me as head of player recruitment  Very Happy 

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Thu 10 Jul 2014, 10:14 am

Just saw Kelly Brown has been overlooked at Saracens to fill retiring Borthwick's captaincy in favour of Ali Hargreaves. They don't seem to see or use him as a leader - which makes me wonder who will lead us into the WC.

Laidlaw, Brown, Ford raspberry or Gilchrist seem to be the leading contenders, but most of them aren't guaranteed a start.

madmaccas

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 10 Jul 2014, 10:44 am

Been thinking about the 7s squad we can put out in the Commonwealth games - it is pretty good!

Something like

Vernon
Grant
Lamont

Gregor
Wight
Hogg
Jones

Or if they want even more pace put Jones at 9, Gregor at 10, Shift Hogg to the wing and bring in Bennett to the centre.

Hogg has the potential to be absolutely lethal in 7s - he has the best step an initial pace I've seen in a long time, and he'll thrive in the open spaces.

Bennett is more of a direct runner.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:01 am

Fixtures are up - Glasgow have Leinster at home to start and Edinburgh have Munster away

http://www.pro12rugby.com/matchcentre/fixtures_list.php

p.s. it is Guiness Pro 12 now  guinness 

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:06 am

Edinurgh's fixtures:

Munster A
Connact H
Ospreys A
Scarlets H
Ulster A
Dragons H

ECC
ECC

Leinster A
Blues H
Zebre A

ECC
ECC

Treviso H
Glasgow A
Glasgow H
Connact A

ECC
ECC

Ospreys H
Ulster H
BLues A
Treviso A
Scarlets A

ECC QF

Munster H
Zebre H

ECC SF
ECC F

Dragons A
Leinster H

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:09 am

Glasgow fixtures:

Leinster H
Blues A
Dragons A
Connact H
Treviso A
Ulster A
Treviso H
Scarlets A
Dragons H
Munster H
Edinburgh H
Edinburgh A
Scarlets H
Zebre A
Ospreys H
Munster A
Zebre H
Leinster A
Blues H
Connact A
Ospreys A
Ulster H

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:10 am

If Glasgow aren't top of the league by Christmas team I'd be surprised - that is a good first half to the season for them!

Edinburgh's fixtures are a bit more mixed.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:13 am

Not an easy start to the season for Edinburgh, still at least Solomons is in charge from day one and has made some pretty useful signings.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:16 am

I think a realistic target for Edinburgh is to win all our home games up until Christmas. Any away wins that can be picked up will be a bonus.

I can see a lot of defeats at Murrayfield in the 2nd half of the season though. Not great playing Munster and Leinster at home towards the end of the season when they are flying on all cylinders and potentially out of the European cup.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:16 am

More importantly than all of that, can we agree that Phil Burleigh's official nickname should be 'Hurly'?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:26 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Not great playing Munster and Leinster at home towards the end of the season when they are flying on all cylinders and potentially out of the European cup.

Hmmm....the cheek! Wink I hope we're not even interested in The Pint at that point, with our eyes firmly on the Big BT One.... Whistle 

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:32 am

Ha - have we already found a league nickname in The Pint??

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:33 am

Edinburgh should be beating Connacht, Scarlets, Dragons, Blues and Treviso pre-Christmas - all those home games are winnable. Zebre away as well.

Starting away at Munster is just about the worst possible outcome for an opening fixture, but it'll certainly show the squad what level they need to be reaching (if the friendly against Leicester doesn't already achieve that).

I like the Glasgow fixture list - handy to have the two Zebre games towards the business end of the season in between tricky games against Munster and Leinster (both away). Toonie's rotation policy will come into its own. Finishing against Ospreys (away) and Ulster (home) isn't straightforward though, neither is starting against Leinster.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:35 am

George Carlin wrote:More importantly than all of that, can we agree that Phil Burleigh's official nickname should be 'Hurly'?

Lucky he isn't a Glasgow player. World Class Phil is already taken.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:43 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
George Carlin wrote:More importantly than all of that, can we agree that Phil Burleigh's official nickname should be 'Hurly'?

Lucky he isn't a Glasgow player. World Class Phil is already taken.
Anyone know how Godman is getting on?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 10 Jul 2014, 12:15 pm

I don't, but I'm sure he's excelling wherever he is.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 11 Jul 2014, 8:23 am

Edinburgh and Glasgow tried to sign RL player Kevin Locke but he decided against the switch

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12040/9378043/super-league-glasgow-and-edinburgh-wanted-to-sign-me-says-kevin-locke

Kevin Locke says he rejected offers from two rugby union clubs in order to join Super League side Salford Red Devils.

The New Zealand international turned down the chance to switch codes - and play for either Edinburgh or Glasgow - preferring to remain in rugby league.
The 25-year-old has signed a three-and-a-half year contract with Salford after gaining a release from New Zealand Warriors.

"I got a few union offers in Scotland around the same time as here, from Edinburgh and Glasgow, but I wanted to stay in league. I didn't want to switch."
Kevin Locke
The full-back made his Super League debut against Huddersfield Giants and impressed with a try and six goals as the Red Devils upset Paul Anderson's title hopefuls.

Locke, who could make his home debut against Hull FC on Saturday, said: "From day one, when I flew into the country, I've loved it.

Happy

“I've actually felt the happiest I've been for a few years and I've spoken to my family back home about how good it is over here.

New signing Kevin Locke helped Salford to a shock win over Huddersfield
"It's a fresh start for me. I was starting to dislike rugby league just because of the way the Warriors were treating me but now I've started to love it again.

"I got a few union offers in Scotland around the same time as here, from Edinburgh and Glasgow, but I wanted to stay in league. I didn't want to switch."

As for Warriors, he added that he was moved out of position when they signed Sam Tomkins from Wigan: “The coach was trying to put me in there at hooker or where they could slot me in.

"I just couldn't adapt to that so I really forced it upon them to try to get over here. The media hyped a lot of it up back home but it has been hard.”

Have we missed out on much? He's a back 3 player so not sure why Glasgow would need him. I wonder whether Edinburgh would have gone for the American guy if Locke had signed.

Decent Youtube clips!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Fri 11 Jul 2014, 3:00 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Edinburgh and Glasgow tried to sign RL player Kevin Locke but he decided against the switch

I'm glad. If he wasn't keen then we could fall down the England trap of luring a so-so player for loads of money, who gets parachuted into the club and international team before disappointing one and all and pushing off back to league.

Better to spend our money on superstars like Andries Strauss  Doh 

madmaccas

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Fri 11 Jul 2014, 3:20 pm

On a lighter note, did anyone spot the passionate unionist on Question Time last night?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnm2N16GVCY&feature=youtu.be

I wondered whether he might know FES.

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 11 Jul 2014, 3:25 pm

Is that not GC's mildly racist uncle Dougie?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 11 Jul 2014, 7:03 pm

God, I saw him - I'd say I'm on the same side of the argument as him, but he even had me nervously sliding my chaise longue away from the television.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Sat 12 Jul 2014, 11:13 am

nickj wrote:On a lighter note, did anyone spot the passionate unionist on Question Time last night?

it was all very admirable albeit a bit silly until he mentioned jesus . then he just looked a tool  picard 

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 13 Jul 2014, 7:49 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Is that not GC's mildly racist uncle Dougie?
The Barbour flyfishing gillet twinned with the nightmarish block candy striped tie, topped off with an icy squint like a freshly neutered Doberman, is certainly an exact match.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 13 Jul 2014, 8:24 am

Not a bad showing at the '7s in the City' tournament - we got to the final and got pipped by England in the final minute. A good hit out for the Commonwealth Games:

Sevens and the City

Scotland 35-15 Germany

Tries: Scott Riddell, Richie Vernon (2), Roddy Grant and Lee Jones
Conversions: Scott Wight (5)
Starting team: Richie Vernon, Scott Riddell, James Eddie, Lee Jones, Scott Wight, Stuart Hogg, James Johnstone
Replacements: Mark Bennett, Struan Dewar, Sean Lamont, Mark Robertson, Roddy Grant and Colin Shaw (all used).

Scotland 17-26 Wailers

Tries: Richie Vernon, Mark Bennett and Scott Wight
Conversions: Scott Wight (1)
Starting team: Richie Vernon, Roddy Grant, Colin Shaw, Lee Jones, Scott Wight, Mark Bennett, Sean Lamont
Replacements: James Eddie, Roddy Grant, Stuart Hogg, James Johnstone, Scott Riddell and Mark Robertson (all used).

Scotland 49-7 Wales

Tries: Riddell, Bennett, Jones (4), Dewar
Conversions: Wight (5) and Hogg (2)
Starting team: Richie Vernon, Scott Riddell, Sean Lamont, Stuart Hogg, Scott Wight, Mark Bennett, Lee Jones
Replacements: Struan Dewar, James Eddie, Roddy Grant, James Johnstone, Mark Robertson and Colin Shaw (all used).

Scotland 10-12 England

Tries: Lee Jones and Mark Bennett
Starting team: Sean Lamont, Scott Riddell, Struan Dewar, Stuart Hogg, Scott Wight, Mark Bennett and Lee Jones
Replacements: James Eddie, Roddy Grant, James Johnstone, Mark Robertson, Colin Shaw (all used) and Richie Vernon (not used / rested).
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 14 Jul 2014, 11:30 am

nickj wrote:On a lighter note, did anyone spot the passionate unionist on Question Time last night?

I'll need to watch when I get home - you can always rely on the Invernessians to throw up some proper weirdos. I was born only a few miles from the venue.....

Still, from what I've heard the biggest plonker in the place was the journalist from the Record who made a complete fool of herself.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 14 Jul 2014, 11:31 am

Jeez - Lee Jones is a little 7's star isn't he!?

It's a pretty decent side we have here - Vernon was just built for this format.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Mon 14 Jul 2014, 12:01 pm

Raigmore? I was born there too.

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:35 pm

Yes indeed.

A fine hospital despite being a criminally ugly building given the surroundings. All architects practicing in the 1970's ought to pay reparations for their handywork.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 14 Jul 2014, 4:01 pm

On another note, the Warriors v London Scottish tickets now on sale for end of August. I picked up a couple for me and my son this morning. A very reasonable £10 as well. I went to the Harlequins game in London last season and really enjoyed it, hopefully this will be a good day out as well in somewhat more intimate surroundings.

I would expect Glasgow to win this one as well!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 14 Jul 2014, 4:53 pm

It should be a great occasion, and I'm sorry not to be able to make it down. I always enjoy going down to London Scottish games, there's usually a great atmosphere being so close to the action.

Glasgow should win this. Unlike Edinburgh taking on two top flight sides in what will be two tough pre-season fixtures, Glasgow have given themselves a nice easy soft friendly. Whatever it takes.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by highland_scot Mon 14 Jul 2014, 11:14 pm

nickj wrote:Raigmore? I was born there too.

Me three!

highland_scot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 15 Jul 2014, 6:56 am

highland_scot wrote:

Me three!
This explains a lot.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 15 Jul 2014, 8:12 am

highland_scot wrote:

Me three!

I'm Spartacus!

Run 

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 15 Jul 2014, 9:20 am

George Carlin wrote:
highland_scot wrote:

Me three!
This explains a lot.

Unlike the residents of Ayr, born in a stable in the presence of three kings courtesy of immaculate conception, us Highlanders had to rely on the NHS......

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue 15 Jul 2014, 10:46 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
highland_scot wrote:

Me three!
This explains a lot.

Unlike the residents of Ayr, born in a stable in the presence of three kings courtesy of immaculate conception, us Highlanders had to rely on the NHS......

Would it be come the SNRoSHS

(Scottish Nationalist Republic of Separatism Health Service)

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 15 Jul 2014, 11:13 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
highland_scot wrote:

Me three!
This explains a lot.

Well, I wouldn't know because I was born in Irvine, which means that I suppose I was born in the presence of a jaunty slew of knife crime, constant horizontal drizzle and formidable housewives with hands like hams and ankles like a Forth Bridge suspension cable.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 15 Jul 2014, 1:17 pm

Riskysports wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
highland_scot wrote:

Me three!
This explains a lot.

Would it be come the SNRoSHS

(Scottish Nationalist Republic of Separatism Health Service)

It entirely depends upon whether it's a success. If so, then it'll be "TASHS" (The Alex Salmond Heath Service). If not, then the "ETLHS" (The English Tory Legacy Health Service).

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 15 Jul 2014, 1:18 pm

George Carlin wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
highland_scot wrote:

Me three!
This explains a lot.

Well, I wouldn't know because I was born in Irvine, which means that I suppose I was born in the presence of a jaunty slew of knife crime, constant horizontal drizzle and formidable housewives with hands like hams and ankles like a Forth Bridge suspension cable.

As you know, I completely disapprove of the perpetuation of stereotypes.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 15 Jul 2014, 1:41 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
highland_scot wrote:

Me three!
This explains a lot.

As you know, I completely disapprove of the perpetuation of stereotypes.

Laugh the establishment of them in the first place, however....

Last edited by George Carlin on Tue 15 Jul 2014, 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 15 Jul 2014, 1:49 pm

That guy on question time was an absolute lunatic!

RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 15 Jul 2014, 1:53 pm

Anyway......

Glasgow have announced record season ticket sales already, with weeks still to go.

Edinburgh so far haven't said anything....

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 15 Jul 2014, 1:55 pm

I was kind of hoping that Glasgow might be announcing at least one more signing.

Does anyone close to the club have any idea whether or not that's likely? Some definite holes in the squad that still need filling.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 15 Jul 2014, 3:32 pm

All the top players, like Anton Bresler and Phil Burleigh, have been snapped up. Tricky to make a meaningful signing at this stage, with pre-season underway.

The 1872 Cup is coming home this year. I can feel it.

I hope these Glasgow fans aren't spending their £500 independence dividend already.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next