The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon Day 8

+21
JuliusHMarx
bogbrush
mthierry
tennismaster
banbrotam
invisiblecoolers
MrInvisible
laverfan
HM Murdock
naxroy
Gerry SA
Jahu
kingraf
ChequeredJersey
Mad for Chelsea
Josiah Maiestas
FedsFan
sirfredperry
The Special Juan
88Chris05
CaledonianCraig
25 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Wimbledon Day 8 - Page 8 Empty Wimbledon Day 8

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 10:20 am

First topic message reminder :

So we are nearing the business end of Wimbledon.

Federer is up against Robredo looking to avenge his US Open defeat last year.

Nadal will face the new kid on the block Kyrgios.

Wawrinka is up against Lopez and Raonic will face Nishikori.

On the ladies side Sharapova against Kerber.

Kvitova, Lisicki and Halep all in action.

Interestingly enough Wimbledon is the only event not to have Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray all clash in the Semi's. So could we see that duck get broken?

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 8 - Page 8 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 8

Post by kingraf Tue 01 Jul 2014, 7:57 pm

Honestly, I don't mind when TSJ, CC, Banbro, HMM or even BogBrush etc have a moment to gloat/schadenfreude at a Nadal exit, as they're regulars, and have seen their fair share of comments about their favorite players. Even DV2 having a pop wouldn't be out of place - but it's quite annoying when one day members, who are clearly duplicate accounts come in and post inane drivel, they do it every single Nadal defeat, and don't have the good grace to stick around the following slam which is normally what it takes for them to never be seen again. I ain't pointing fingers but you know who you are, it's quite transparent.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:00 pm

congrats to kyrgios and all his new fans

really promising player

nadal will come back as he always does, but truth is its been 3 years with a very average performance on grass.

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:00 pm

tennismaster wrote:Fed may have won 9 Wimbledon's if they hadn't slowed it down

And he might have struggled to win his first if he'd had a peak Rafa to contend with

I really don't think anyone can start implying that Roger's had a raw deal considering his cheif rival was Roddick for a couple of years  picard 

He's straddled three era's very nicely and is the GOAT - but please can people stop putting the boot in Rafa

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:01 pm

Nadal missed a trick in that TB in the 3rd set. He should've gone on the attack, but instead went quite passive.

Will other youngsters who get the same opportunity against the big players play without fear like Kyrgios today?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:01 pm

banbrotam wrote:
Jahu wrote:
laverfan wrote:I want this kid to beat Federer now.

No way. Fed will slice  and drop shot him to death.

Raonic-Korgi will be a serving heaven.

Fed-Stan a SHBH heaven.

Andy-Dimi average.

Djoko-Cilic average.

It depends whether you think that domination by serve is "heaven"  Rolling Eyes 

For me Roger's not slicing and dicing as much anymore. He doesn't want long rallies - I honestly Roger will now lose to any of his rivals if they play well, regardless of his form. Certainly transport Murray to the final and give me Roger rather than Stan or Raonic. I just think that ultimately, the big boys have beaten Roger enough not to be cowed by four good matches!!

You really are losing the plot if you think Raonic or Stan would be more dangerous opponents than Roger in a slam final.

I mean seriously?

On Wimbledon CC?

Go on lie down dude.

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:02 pm

kingraf wrote:Honestly, I don't mind when TSJ,  CC, Banbro,  HMM or even BogBrush etc have a moment to gloat/schadenfreude at a Nadal exit, as they're regulars, and have seen their fair share of comments about their favorite players. Even DV2 having a pop wouldn't be out of place - but it's quite annoying when one day members, who are clearly duplicate accounts come in and post inane drivel, they do it every single Nadal defeat, and don't have the good grace to stick around the following slam which is normally what it takes for them to never be seen again. I ain't pointing fingers but you know who you are, it's quite transparent.

Read my post before this!! I've just been defending your man!! And I've not gloated. Even you know that Rafa is mentally fried due to the fact that anyone who can hit the ball hard, thinks he's game at Wimby

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:02 pm

Had they not slowed the courts Hewitt would have been Wimbledon GOAT - after all, he was the last to win it before the courts where slowed down.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:03 pm

lk, lets wait a few more tournaments.

Rosol never did a thing, lost badly next match and most of us were expecting more stuff from him.

Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:03 pm

banbrotam wrote:
For me Roger's not slicing and dicing as much anymore. He doesn't want long rallies - I honestly Roger will now lose to any of his rivals if they play well, regardless of his form. Certainly transport Murray to the final and give me Roger rather than Stan or Raonic. I just think that ultimately, the big boys have beaten Roger enough not to be cowed by four good matches!!

Net points won

Robredo 7 of 13 = 54 %
Federer 29 of 41 = 71 %

Edberg is pushing him to the net, so slices from the back-court may not be needed.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:04 pm

I only wanted one thing from this Wimbledon: that it was won by someone other than Nadal.

I really don't mind who wins of the remaining players. A new face would be nice but I'd love to see Federer reach 18 or Novak get back on track or Andy retain the title or Stan to win #2...  it's all good from here on in.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:05 pm

I'd sooner face Raonic or Wawrinka on CC then Federer. Regardless of age or form!

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:05 pm

emancipator wrote:
banbrotam wrote:
Jahu wrote:

Fed-Stan a SHBH heaven.

Andy-Dimi average.

Djoko-Cilic average.

You really are losing the plot if you think Raonic or Stan would be more dangerous opponents than Roger in a slam final.

I mean seriously?

On Wimbledon CC?

Go on lie down dude.

Sorry I forgot the golden rule when discussing Roger;-

1) If he wins four matches on the trot without dropping a set it's suddenly 2005 again
2) You've got to forget that he's not reached a slam final for two years
3) You've to forget that his Swiss rival, has recently won a slam
4) And you've to forget that Raonic is on the move, having reached two consecutive slam quarter finals

1000 apologies, for forgetting  picard 

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by tennismaster Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:07 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:I'd sooner face Raonic or Wawrinka on CC then Federer. Regardless of age or form!

A perfect example of why I gave in with fanboy drivel sites like this one, and a reason most sane people don't join up. This post has been saved. Keep them coming!  laughing 

tennismaster

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:08 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:I'd sooner face Raonic or Wawrinka on CC then Federer. Regardless of age or form!

You forget that such a situation puts all the pressure on Murray. Stan would be a nightmare, because he's very good - but half the Wimby crowd don't understand that (never mind the red top readers  Wink )

Facing Roger will mean Andy will merely remember The Olympics and as the GOAT is seen as a God, there is actually less pressure

I agree that Novak would rather face those two than the other Wimby winners

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:09 pm

Banbro - I do think Nadal is finished on grass, if I'm honest... As well as Krygios played, I think 2006-11 Nadal would have won in three maybe four razor thin sets - He had set point in the third, missed three absolute sitters during the tie break, and missed a regulation forehand at 30-30 in the first game of the fourth set... But such is the game, no ones time at the top is infinite, it's sad but happens to all of them.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:09 pm

Fed in a Final of W with closed roof is magic (i guess  Headscratch )
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:12 pm

banbrotam wrote:

You forget that such a situation puts all the pressure on Murray. Stan would be a nightmare, because he's very good - but half the Wimby crowd don't understand that (never mind the red top readers  Wink )

Facing Roger will mean Andy will merely remember The Olympics and as the GOAT is seen as a God, there is actually less pressure

I agree that Novak would rather face those two than the other Wimby winners

All 3 men have beaten Andy in their last encounters!

I don't think he would want to face any of them!

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:12 pm

HM Murdoch wrote:I only wanted one thing from this Wimbledon: that it was won by someone other than Nadal.

I really don't mind who wins of the remaining players. A new face would be nice but I'd love to see Federer reach 18 or Novak get back on track or Andy retain the title or Stan to win #2...  it's all good from here on in.

+1

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:13 pm

kingraf wrote:Honestly, I don't mind when TSJ,  CC, Banbro,  HMM or even BogBrush etc have a moment to gloat/schadenfreude at a Nadal exit, as they're regulars, and have seen their fair share of comments about their favorite players. Even DV2 having a pop wouldn't be out of place - but it's quite annoying when one day members, who are clearly duplicate accounts come in and post inane drivel, they do it every single Nadal defeat, and don't have the good grace to stick around the following slam which is normally what it takes for them to never be seen again. I ain't pointing fingers but you know who you are, it's quite transparent.
Rafa does seem to attract a special brand of vitriol!

I've no desire to gloat or have a dig though. I REALLY didn't want Rafa to win but only because I would have found it boring for him to win again so soon after RG.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:13 pm

tennismaster wrote:

A perfect example of why I gave in with fanboy drivel sites like this one, and a reason most sane people don't join up.  This post has been saved.  Keep them coming!  laughing 

And this is a perfect example why some people were bending over when god was handing brains out.

Back to top Go down

Post by mthierry Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:14 pm

banbrotam wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:Wow what a performance!!

He just didn't give Nadal any rythym!

Unbelievable!

Rafa getting beat up at Wimby by previous big hitters was a big factor - but the kid is good

Rafa's problem is the this event, due to the half decent weather of the last couple of years has gone away from a green version of RG!!

You really do love to conjecture a load of nonsense and concoct weird theories. So Nadal reached 5 Wimbledon finals in a 6-year period, winning 2 and spanking your darling Andy a good couple of times along the way just because of the weather?

He got beat by an immense performance and didn't have the fortune to avoid some awkward match-ups who found their game with first-strike tennis and gave him no rally rhythm. No need to devalue his past achievements because of that. I thought we were long past the whole "green clay" nonsense initially started by some rather bitter fans who didn't like Nadal.

mthierry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:15 pm

banbrotam wrote:
emancipator wrote:
banbrotam wrote:
Jahu wrote:

Fed-Stan a SHBH heaven.

Andy-Dimi average.

Djoko-Cilic average.

I mean seriously?

On Wimbledon CC?

Go on lie down dude.

Sorry I forgot the golden rule when discussing Roger;-

1) If he wins four matches on the trot without dropping  a set it's suddenly 2005 again
2) You've got to forget that he's not reached a slam final for two years
3) You've to forget that his Swiss rival, has recently won a slam
4) And you've to forget that Raonic is on the move, having reached two consecutive slam quarter finals

1000 apologies, for forgetting  picard 

Don't act offended when people point out the absurdity of your comments (which even for you have been becoming increasingly more so).

Murray may well start as a favourite in a potential W final against Federer, but most people would consider it a close match up - even now.

Stan and Raonic otoh would be considered considerable underdogs in the same scenario.

This has nothing to do with worshipping Federer as you seem to be implying - just common sense.

He is after all a seven time W champion and has the best winning percentage in the history of tennis on grass. And he just won a grass tune up. It has nothing to do with 'just four good matches' on grass. It's about grass court tennis pedigree. Roger has a proven track record on the surface, the other two in comparison have done nothing on the surface.

Therefore, until they start doing something significant on the surface, or Roger looks completely washed up, then he should be considered a more dangerous opponent.

I'm pretty sure I know who Murray would rather play.

Back to top Go down

Post by tennismaster Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:16 pm

mthierry wrote:
banbrotam wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:Wow what a performance!!

He just didn't give Nadal any rythym!

Unbelievable!

Rafa getting beat up at Wimby by previous big hitters was a big factor  - but the kid is good

Rafa's problem is the this event, due to the half decent weather of the last couple of years has gone away from a green version of RG!!

You really do love to conjecture a load of nonsense and concoct weird theories. So Nadal reached 5 Wimbledon finals in a 6-year period, winning 2 and spanking your darling Andy a good couple of times along the way just because of the weather?

He got beat by an immense performance and didn't have the fortune to avoid some awkward match-ups who found their game with first-strike tennis and gave him no rally rhythm. No need to devalue his past achievements because of that. I thought we were long past the whole "green clay" nonsense initially started by some rather bitter fans who didn't like Nadal.

What he is saying makes sense. Nadal is very beatable in faster conditions. Sadly, that hardly ever happens these days. When it does, he is made to look stupid.

tennismaster

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:16 pm

a bit sad right now.
I didnt know kyrgios, so didnt know what to expect from the match. the guy played the perfect match or either is future slam winner material
or simply nadal is not at the top level on this surface anymore... dont know if its one of these reasons or a little of all combined

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:17 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:
tennismaster wrote:

A perfect example of why I gave in with fanboy drivel sites like this one, and a reason most sane people don't join up.  This post has been saved.  Keep them coming!  laughing 

And this is a perfect example why some people were bending over when god was handing brains out.

Lol, TM it's always a good idea to read AND understand what people are saying before commenting.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:18 pm

Murdoch, that's fine. I never want Djokovic to win, not a slam, not a masters, not a coin toss.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:19 pm

HM Murdoch wrote:I only wanted one thing from this Wimbledon: that it was won by someone other than Nadal.

Excellent post, but I'd add that I'd be happy to see Kyrgios win, or Dimitrov.

Not Raonic though, he has no charisma.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:22 pm

Ah it's good to see tennismaster-bater back on the forum. We all have to look at the positive. Rafa losing allows him to release his pent-up hostility which might otherwise come out in road rage, beating up women, or possibly even self-harm.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:22 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:
tennismaster wrote:Fed may have won 9 Wimbledon's if they hadn't slowed it down.  And let's face it, this is the power era.  Put Nadal in Borg's era, and where is he?

Mark Selby is god!

You, sir, deserve a piece of cake for the best 4 words I've seen in a long time (Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion just about tops it).
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:25 pm

Hug You handle defeat better than myself. I'm sure you and all other Nadal fans will be smiling in 11 months time anyway after the RG final.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:29 pm

Anyone know what Lopez and Wawrinka were arguing about? Lopez's camp talking maybe?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/28113030
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:29 pm

It's ok juan I was down for 15 mins then I had dinner and as was fine. As you get older you move on much easier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:33 pm

Thanks TSJ - Three years of hurt and all that. Plus before Rafa I was a Safin and Dementieva fan, - Shock failure is not new.

In any case, since the Seven straight matches (which put Federer's 17 out of the reach realistically), I've been more a fan of Djokovic losing, than Rafa really. Didn't think he'd get past ten - it's been gravy since the first USO and career slam.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:37 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:Sorry to say , there were some people in this forum knew nothing about this kid and took no efforts to watch his matches either and bluntly commented he gonna lose without a fight.  picard 

When I made Tsonga remark , I clearly meant he looks every bit of baby Tsonga of 2008, a real giant killer but how far will he go in his career is yet to be seen.

Apologies for not recognising his talent. I was one of those sure it would be a straight-setter for Rafa. However, that was because I hadn't seen or heard a great deal about Kyrgios. And lets face facts here which tennis experts were tipping him to win today? When posters post on forums (especially in matches involving Rafa) you get all kinds of wacky predictions made in hope more than facts and that is what I saw those as. A great win for him but I reckon tomorrow will be an even harder match for him so lets see how he performs there and in rest of tournament before hanging slam titles on him.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:40 pm

I'm one of the guys who wrote him off - but I'd be lying if I said I was shocked. He still doesn't look much different from Tsonga, and he's still ranked > 100... A win over Rafa didn't make me a believer in Garcia Lopez, Rosol, or Darcis. Let's wait and see how he plays the circuit.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:41 pm

number 1 ranking is almost impossible to hold, but rafa has to focuse on the usopen, he can fight for it. not saying he is winning it, but he can really be competitive there.

today I think he made mistakes in how he aproached last part of third set, because in that set he was really close to breaking few times. but thats sport. today there was a better player, and he was kyrgios. a teenager wildcard ranked 144

I never felt rosol was a big thing, not even right after beating nadal. today I have the feeling this kid is gonna have a real impact on the game. dont know how good he does on clay though

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:42 pm

kingraf wrote:I'm one of the guys who wrote him off - but I'd be lying if I said I was shocked. He still doesn't look much different from Tsonga, and he's still ranked > 100... A win over Rafa didn't make me a believer in Garcia Lopez, Rosol, or Darcis.  Let's wait and see how he plays the circuit.

Spot on. Lets wait and see how he gets on beyond this win before grasping onto him being the next big coming.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:45 pm

Everything about Kvitova makes me wretch but the thing above all else is that horrid, blood curdling squawk she lets out when she wins a big point. Come on BZS!
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:45 pm

Jahu wrote:lk, lets wait a few more tournaments.

Rosol never did a thing, lost badly next match and most of us were expecting more stuff from him.

The way Kyrgios played and beat Nadal is indeed reminiscent of Rosol.
But I think the comparison stops there.
I would rather compare him with a younger Tsonga (the one that dispatched Nadal in the AO semis playing 'in the zone' power tennis a few years back). The guy is only 19 so have even more potential.
Interesting stat: last time a teenager beat a world number 1 was Rafa against Fed back in 05 Smile

PS: please someone find an alternative nickname. cant get used to this reference to evil royal dogs.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:45 pm

Kyrgios now 4th favourite for the title. chin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:45 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Ah it's good to see tennismaster-bater back on the forum. We all have to look at the positive. Rafa losing allows him to release his pent-up hostility which might otherwise come out in road rage, beating up women, or possibly even self-harm.

Why is that on the list?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:48 pm

The Special Juan wrote:

Hug You handle defeat better than myself.  I'm sure you and all other Nadal fans will be smiling in 11 months time anyway after the RG final.

People like those are not worth bothering about to be honest. It is a tough loss for Rafa but he'll be back and whats more he has picked up a load of ranking points as well. Besides he has 14 slam titles so we know he is a legend.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:48 pm

I had never seen him play but had heard a lot about him.. Wimbledon was always going to be difficult for Rafa and I did not see him getting past the quarter finals and thats with hand on heart... I still do not think he would have whether it had bee Kyrgios or no.. I am not surprised for Rafa .. however I am disappointed I hoped he would prove me wrong and lay the  Wimby  ghost to rest but it was not to be.  I wish this young man well I have more hopes for him than all the other newcomers who seem to reach a certain point and progress no further.  He is somewhat brash and a little cockey but he is young and can be forgiven that in such a huge arena for his first grand slam debut.  I think he is going to be difficult to stop unless his nerve lets him down.  Vamos Nick

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:52 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Anyone know what Lopez and Wawrinka were arguing about?  Lopez's camp talking maybe?

There was someone talking when Lopez was getting ready to serve, and he stopped. Lahyani intervened, the stream commentary said something about not talking about for 30 minutes, till the match was over. it was 30-40 on Lopez's serve.

After Wawrinka won, they had a discussion in front of Lahyani on that incident. I think Lopez was very polite, Wawrinka was a bit aggressive, IMVHO.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:53 pm

Interesting Nax - For me, you look at great players announcing themselves, Nadal vs Federer, Djokovic vs Federer, Murray going down in five vs Nadal, even Federer taking down Sampras - those were all victories by players on upward curves. Krygios has literally pulled this out of nowhere. Nothing to stop this from being his true level, but I'll wait before crowning him.

Bloody Australians keep ruining my childhood. Danny Piccardo, Krygios, the damn cricket team, bloody hell
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:55 pm

laverfan wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:Anyone know what Lopez and Wawrinka were arguing about?  Lopez's camp talking maybe?

There was someone talking when Lopez was getting ready to serve, and he stopped. Lahyani intervened, the stream commentary said something about not talking about for 30 minutes, till the match was over. it was 30-40 on Lopez's serve.

After Wawrinka won, they had a discussion in front of Lahyani on that incident. I think Lopez was very polite, Wawrinka was a bit aggressive, IMVHO.

So it was just a random guy in the crowd? Doesn't seem cause for argument but I suppose in these high pressure matches anything is possible. Cheers LF OK
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 9:06 pm

Rather annoyed with the BBC not showing Today at Wimbledon. Would've liked to have seen some of the Federer/Robredo match.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 01 Jul 2014, 9:08 pm

I never saw any of the match today (work and won't see tomorrow's play either) but step back and look at Nadal's run at Wimbledon and clues were there (but don't tell kneel_before_nadal) that Rafa wasn't in fantastic form. He dropped sets in each of his first three matches (first time at a slam) against players he used to have little trouble against. In hindsight Kyrgios came into the match in the form of his young life and with nothing to lose. His hard hitting game and big serves never blew itself out and Rafa had no answer (I presume) so in one way it is one of the biggest shocks ever but if the kid goes on to be a slam winner in his career this match with bookmark (effectively) the start of his rise to the top.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 01 Jul 2014, 9:15 pm

Rafa wasn't blown away (which I assume would be easier to handle and have a prognosis on)... He lost two tie breakers, having had a set point in one of them. Got broken in the only break point he faced. They were quite even, but Krygios just edged the big points. That simple
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Tue 01 Jul 2014, 9:17 pm

Well it happened with Boris that way .. I dont see this kid as a flash in the pan .. I can see a bit of the same mental agility and strength that Rafa displayed himself at that age..and I think Rafa could see himself across the net but with a mightier serve. imo the kid is here to stay

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next