The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+9
JuliusHMarx
Adam D
Pal Joey
seanmichaels
superflyweight
Rowley
Galted
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
13 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 11 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Union Cane wrote:Decades, lol.

Oh Christ.

Not this again.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:08 am

Speaking of Africa. Is Ebola not just mother nature's response to a population out of control? There all bloody fighting out there as well - because they're cramped for space and treading on each others toes all the time.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by kingraf Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:16 am

While I don't object to the odd gibe about Africa, especially the Northern parts which are completely overrun...

No, it isnt Overpopulated. There's a population density of 30 people per square kilometre. Which less than half Europe's.

Ebola doesn't worry me though. It's a minor problem compared to all the other challenges up there.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:17 am

Yeah, but none of them work the land, they just fight and live cramped up in cities. And kill elephants.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:22 am

kingraf wrote:Never fished on a jet ski... It sounds rather difficult, especially when you get a decent hook. Still, a jet ski > a tinnie, I think you called it? It gets all the girls.

What did he say about the colour scheme? I bet he loved it

He had a bit of a serious poker face but I think I've got his mind ticking over on the imagery.

Generally, the "golden rule" when it comes to all things water, here is:

The town was built on sailing - so that is the most popular form of water activity with the people. From tiny boats to mega yachts.
It's a working port - there's less industry these days but still some; plus the ferry network is very sophisticated and carries lots of people.
Water taxis are everywhere at anytime but they are $100-200 a pop even for short distances. Hundreds for longer trips.

People used to shun those who bought motorised cruiser type boats. Those who preferred sailing called them special names. (and they still do)

However, there's lots of dragging boats and "water toys" all over the place. It's sort of like a Class Society here in that respect. Based on type of boat.

Add to that surfing, windsurfing, rowing (surf & river), paddle-boarding, kayaking, water skiiing... and probably due to shows like Miami Vice (the trend was big in Qld but also influenced people here eventually) the huge surge in jet ski ownership over the last 25 years.

We have strict rules where they can and can't go. Not allowed in main channels of the harbour. Huge fines apply. So they go to other river systems... but then the local residents there are also trying to restrict them. Enough noise as it is and when you get dozens of jet skiiers in the one place it can be a little overwhelming... not to mention dangerous.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:24 am

LD, what's your favourite Aussie eating fish?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:25 am

kingraf wrote:While I don't object to the odd gibe about Africa, especially the Northern parts which are completely overrun...

No, it isnt Overpopulated. There's a population density of 30 people per square kilometre. Which less than half Europe's.

Ebola doesn't worry me though. It's a minor problem compared to all the other challenges up there.

Do you think your parents could get a refund on what was undoubtedly a very expensive private education?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:29 am

seanmichaels wrote:LD, what's your favourite Aussie eating fish?

I'm not too fussy, sean. Pretty much like them all. Been having lots of Barra lately but also like my snapper and bream.
The local fish shop guy was telling me the other day that I was eating a fresh haul from the southern Tasman about a third of the way over to NZ.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:32 am

No...
Nor would they want one. I mean, I'm writing my 3rd year finals in two weeks. It's late for such ideas.

On a serious note though, Geoff. Roughly 2000 have died from Ebola this year. Last year 630 000 people died from Malaria. two million from TB. Millions from Aids, and these are all preventable diseases.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:32 am

Link please:

1. Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
I was Al Capone, There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
I'm smelling like a dry fish bone

2. (Ski-doo-be-dop) We were at a party (Eww)
(Ski-doo-be-dop) His ear lobe fell in the deep (Eww)
(Ski-doo-be-dop) Someone reached in and grabbed it (Eww)

3. We were born to break the doors down,
Fight until the end.
It's something that's inside of us,
It's, how we've always been, yeah.

4. You declared you would be three inches taller
You only became what we made you.
Thought you were chasing a destiny calling
You only earned what we gave you.

5. Starry, starry night
Paint your palette blue and gray
Look out on a summer's day
With eyes that know the darkness in my soul

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:36 am

Five Is Starry Starry night - by Don McLean/Macleren... can't remember
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:38 am

1. Is it a Paul Simon song. Late in the Evening?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:39 am

2. Rock Lobster, B-52s

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:43 am

2. Rock Lobster is correct.

Raf also has the right song but not the title yet.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:47 am

Starry night?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:48 am

Oh, had to have a look on my playlist, but I got it
Don McLean - Vincent (starry night)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:48 am

Nope! Its by Don MacLean but its a different title.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:30 am

American Pie?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:32 am

there was a cross post - it is Vincent by McLean!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:44 am

Isn't vincent the name of one of the characters in that cartoon with the song 'Under the sea, under the sea, darling it's better where it is wetter take it from me'.?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:45 am

no.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:54 am

Still 3 to get!

I can give clues if you like!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:30 pm

kingraf wrote:No...
Nor would they want one. I mean, I'm writing my 3rd year finals in two weeks. It's late for such ideas.

On a serious note though, Geoff. Roughly 2000 have died from Ebola this year. Last year 630 000 people died from Malaria. two million from TB. Millions from Aids, and these are all preventable diseases.

Sorry Raf, I quoted the wrong post. My jibe was meant to be directed at Sean's overpopulation comment that preceded yours

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:31 pm

I think I broke the culture cup?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:33 pm

4 is The Who The Punk and the Godfather

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:35 pm

Force & Styles - Heart Of Gold?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:42 pm

The who is correct!

So we have:
2. Rock Lobster
4. The Punk and the Godfather
5. Vincent

Should be fairly obvious from that!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:51 pm

Must be a wrestling link.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:16 pm

Is the link Dutch post-impressionist painters?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:17 pm

Vincent Price?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:19 pm

It is a wrestling link. 1 is Stone Cold Crazy by Queen. Who I relucytantly accept are the greatest british band of all time. Cruelly underrated because he had the AIDS.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:20 pm

Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, Vincen(t) McMahon, The Rock.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:21 pm

Queen wasn't one person...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:24 pm

kingraf wrote:Queen wasn't one person...

Yeah but he had the AIDS.

Got a great selfie with me and his statue in Montreaux. Was gonna do one with me bumming him but there were too many people around. And it was too big.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:27 pm

No, he had a split personality.

Sean, there's a documentary soon to be shown here about redback spiders accidentally shipped to Japan in shipping containers. Apparently there has been a population explosion in the cities and they are everywhere. Showed a bloke opening a concrete lid on a street (wearing gloves and using a hook like device) and a there were a few just sitting there close to the top.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:30 pm

Correctamundo!

Number 3 was Warrior by Kee$ha

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Just the one E, Adam. Suprised you stylised the "S", Geoff will not be pleased.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:07 pm

kingraf wrote:Just the one E, Adam.

Didn't realise Adam was a pusher.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:19 pm

It was quite obvious, if you were as skilled in codebreaking as I.
Adam D. After D comes E. He is an administrator for 606v2. V means version, everyone knows there's always a new improved version of E coming out. Also Adam D, his name has five letters, E is the fifth letter in the alphabet. It's quite obvious really
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:25 pm

It was AC/DC by the way.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:43 pm

What was?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:48 pm

My pictures quiz thing that got forgot last week.

Don't know why I bother.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Oh right, I forgot. I thought it was Metallica
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:56 pm

No, it wasn't Metallica.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:58 pm

Damn. Was it AC/DC
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:00 pm

Is the answer MEGADETH?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Is it Norwich?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:19 pm

None of those, it was AC/DC.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:32 pm

She was a fast machine she kept her motor (minge or chocolate starfish?) clean, she was the best dam woman that I ever seen.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:34 pm

I quite like that tune.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:36 pm

not as good as da nanana nana nana denana, da nanana nana nana denana, da nanana nana nana denana, da nanana nana nana denana, dena daaaaaa daaaaaa

Last edited by seanmichaels on Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed at daaaaa)

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next