The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+12
Adam D
1GrumpyGolfer
Dr Shoe
ShahenshahG
Pal Joey
Galted
Rowley
Alistair
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
16 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 4 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Guest Fri 06 Nov 2015, 12:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Loaded Dog wrote:I haven't seen Altar of Plagues but my dentist reckons they're OK.
It's disappointing on so many levels, LD.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:22 am

There you go:

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:22 am

The Loaded Dog wrote: (maybe he sunk the cue ball by mistake?)

I'm impressed with your pet tarantula, Tino. I wouldn't have a pet funnel web. They move quite quickly when you poke them with a toothpick.
So you or your other 'alf have to go out and buy crickets and assorted bugs on a regular basis?
Does it hibernate over winter?

Perhaps he potted the brown without asking?

Yep, you can buy little tubs of crickets in various sizes from the local garden centre.

They don't hibernate, but sometimes she blocks up her hide and doesn't come out for ages.  Usually when they are molting.

You don't need much to keep them.  A tank with a heat plate, some bedding, something for it to hide under and some water.  That's it.  They are easy to handle so long as you don't scare them.  You just lay your hand flat, gently touch their abdomen with a old paint brush and she will climb on.  When they are agitated, they sometime use their back legs to flick hairs in the hair which can irritate if you get them in the eyes, but she has only ever done that once in the 2 years we have had her.  You just leave them alone when they do that.

Do you see many funnel webs where you are, LD?  Any close calls?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:32 am

Plenty of close calls.

- I think I mentioned the neighbour who got bitten and was lucky to be one of the first to receive the anti venom. (cricketer Rick McCosker's aunt)
- I nearly dived on one in a swimming pool. Saw its legs on a shadow of a leaf and adjusted my dive mid flight.
- One walked over my Mum's foot. She just froze and let it walk on over.
- Another time she woke up in the middle of the night sensing something was wrong to find one huddled in the corner of the bedroom.
- I was clearing an old brick compost heap with my brother. We unearthed about 10 of them in the space of a few hours. It was carnage.
- Killed dozens of them around the back yard with whatever was near... bricks, lumps of wood, small sticks, sole of my boots (actually just running shoes)

The good news is that there are not many left around Mum's place. About one per year. We must have wiped them out.
She gets bush turkeys (they would eat them like ducks do) and even the odd lost wallaby which don't eat them of course. Just a bizarre fact for you.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:36 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:Plenty of close calls.

- I think I mentioned the neighbour who got bitten and was lucky to be one of the first to receive the anti venom. (cricketer Rick McCosker's aunt)
- I nearly dived on one in a swimming pool. Saw its legs on a shadow of a leaf and adjusted my dive mid flight.
- One walked over my Mum's foot. She just froze and let it walk on over.
- Another time she woke up in the middle of the night sensing something was wrong to find one huddled in the corner of the bedroom.
- I was clearing an old brick compost heap with my brother. We unearthed about 10 of them in the space of a few hours. It was carnage.
- Killed dozens of them around the back yard with whatever was near... bricks, lumps of wood, small sticks, sole of my boots (actually just running shoes)

The good news is that there are not many left around Mum's place. About one per year. We must have wiped them out.
She gets bush turkeys (they would eat them like ducks do) and even the odd lost wallaby which don't eat them of course. Just a bizarre fact for you.

I love hearing stuff like this.

This is one of the Culture Cup days in ages.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:40 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:This is one of the Culture Cup days in ages.

Simply the

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:41 am

I didn't see any spiders in Aus other than on Fraser Island by the wooden sh!tters erected occasionally across the Island. Big wirey feckers with yellow rings around their joints. The sh!tters there were a hive for scary sheeet. My last attempt (before sh!tting on the beach) was relatively spider free but there were those big lizards around so I din't even bother getting out of the truck.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:43 am

Was in a shopping arcade in Leeds recently and there was a charity there who rescued exotic pets that dippy b*stards thought would be a good idea to have but weren't and couldn't be re-homed. Plenty of spiders, I had a pic taken with an albino python wrapped around me...bloody heavy thing but the best/daftest pet I saw was a skunk. Which ar$e decides that a skunk would make a good pet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:44 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Simply the

Only if you stay around. That is the only thing that could improve it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:44 am

When I used to fish them out from the bottom of the pool with a net they looked pretty soggy and lifeless. Yet within a few seconds they would slowly start to move. That's when I would ping them.

You never just stick your hand in a pool skimmer box either. They can either be at the bottom of a basket or clinging to the underside of the lid or folding flap from the pool.

They are usually on the prowl in late summer when it's hot and balmy after a large thunderstorm... obviously they get flushed out of their holes and go on a walkabout.

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:44 am

seanmichaels wrote:I didn't see any spiders in Aus other than on Fraser Island by the wooden sh!tters erected occasionally across the Island. Big wirey feckers with yellow rings around their joints. The sh!tters there were a hive for scary sheeet. My last attempt (before sh!tting on the beach) was relatively spider free but there were those big lizards around so I din't even bother getting out of the truck.

They sound like golden orb weavers. Can give a painful bite but not deadly.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:48 am

I've been bitten twice by golden orbs. Once on the arch of my foot and another time on the fleshy part of my forearm just below the elbow. A dull sort of pain initially then itchy as hell. A blister formed and lasted about a week. Even now I sort of feel a sensitivity in that same spot.

The first one I was walking in the bush (actually the area near where I lived is part of a national park where we used to muck around as kids) and I never saw it but we were all talking about the number of webs near this creek where we were building a dam. Bridge of my foot started swelling up just after.
Other time I was in an inclinator going up a steep hill to a friend's place. The webs were everywhere. There was no turning back. We were swiping away the webs with sticks as we went upwards to the house (overlooking Bungan Beach). I must have missed the one that got me near the elbow.

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:55 am; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:49 am

That is what the warden said. But she also went for a swim every morning in the sea (Fraser is Tiger shark central is it not LD?)

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:52 am

Yep, these are the feckers. Nearly shat my pants due to them. Probably ruined my chances with a danish girl as well. She was disgusted with my beach effort.

Spoiler:

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Nov 2015, 12:00 pm

seanmichaels wrote:That is what the warden said. But she also went for a swim every morning in the sea (Fraser is Tiger shark central is it not LD?)

Yes but they are now saying that their patterns of movement are changing and they quite like it further south where the water is often warmer near where the continental shelf is. Or maybe it is a result of over fishing or simply more bodies in the water at the beaches.
Seem to be getting more close calls around Sydney these days.

Another guy got attacked yesterday (or the day before) in Byron Bay again.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Nov 2015, 12:05 pm

I once got bitten in the golden orbs.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Nov 2015, 12:10 pm

sean, did you know that Canberra was derived from an aboriginal word for cleavage?

Ngambri
Ganberri
Canberra

Must be the only capital city named after t1ts... or the gap between Mt Ainslie and Black Mountain.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Nov 2015, 12:14 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:sean, did you know that Canberra was derived from an aboriginal word for cleavage?

Ngambri
Ganberri
Canberra

Must be the only capital city named after t1ts... or the gap between Mt Ainslie and Black Mountain.
True, but there is also the French town of Brest

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Nov 2015, 12:17 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Simply the

Only if you stay around.  That is the only thing that could improve it.

Hurtful.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Nov 2015, 12:19 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:sean, did you know that Canberra was derived from an aboriginal word for cleavage?

Ngambri
Ganberri
Canberra

Also East Breast in Scotland.
You have to pay attention to the western part of the town too if you want to make her happy.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Nov 2015, 12:26 pm

Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Simply the

Only if you stay around.  That is the only thing that could improve it.

Hurtful.

I told you I missed you yesterday. What more do you want?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Nov 2015, 12:31 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Yep, these are the feckers. Nearly shat my pants due to them. Probably ruined my chances with a danish girl as well. She was disgusted with my beach effort.

Spoiler:

There was a Bear Gyrlls programme on a few months back about people confronting their fears. One guy was scared witless of spiders and on the first evening of the show, before they even really got into the subject matter, he got bitten on the neck by a golden orb.

By the end of the show, he was laying down and letting all manner of tarantulas crawl over him. Fear gone.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Nov 2015, 12:33 pm

There was a Bear Gyrlls programme on a few months back about people confronting their fears.  One guy was scared witless of spiders and on the first evening of the show, before they even really got into the subject matter, he got bitten on the neck by a golden orb.

By the end of the show, he was laying down and letting all manner of tarantulas crawl over him.  Fear gone.

Are you suggesting Sean should go back to boarding school?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Nov 2015, 12:34 pm

Rowley wrote:

There was a Bear Gyrlls programme on a few months back about people confronting their fears.  One guy was scared witless of spiders and on the first evening of the show, before they even really got into the subject matter, he got bitten on the neck by a golden orb.

By the end of the show, he was laying down and letting all manner of tarantulas crawl over him.  Fear gone.

Are you suggesting Sean should go back to boarding school?

I wasn't, but you're almost certainly on to something.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Nov 2015, 1:04 pm

I may actually apply for a job at aa boarding school.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Nov 2015, 1:08 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Ngambri
Ganberri
Canberra

You have to pay attention to the western part of the town too if you want to make her happy.

Titbucktoo

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Nov 2015, 1:10 pm

New Nork City

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Nov 2015, 1:16 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I may actually apply for a job at aa boarding school.....

Alcoholics Anonymous?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Nov 2015, 1:21 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I may actually apply for a job at aa boarding school.....

Alcoholics Anonymous?

Automobile Association

Anal Anonymous

Anal Addictions

Almost Alcoholic

Aggravating A*sehole

Aggravated A*sehole

Asexual Alternatives

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Nov 2015, 1:23 pm

Awesome Arian

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Nov 2015, 2:33 pm

Anticlimactic Anecdotes

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 10 Nov 2015, 2:35 pm

Anal Acrobat

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Nov 2015, 2:57 pm

Quite a battery of AA suggestions.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Nov 2015, 3:03 pm

There's positive and negative sides

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Nov 2015, 3:09 pm

I don't think we're poles apart on this one DAVE.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Nov 2015, 3:38 pm

bummers

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Nov 2015, 3:54 pm

That what you've asked Santa to bring you this year, Sean?

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 10 Nov 2015, 8:01 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Ngambri
Ganberri
Canberra

What about Bristol? That's named after t1ts.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 10 Nov 2015, 8:02 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Michaelsed by arthropods.  

That actually makes me happy, so the jokes on you lot.  You bunch of b*stards.

Oh, and Galted.  I f*cking love you.

Love you too, Tino. A substantial amount.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 11 Nov 2015, 6:52 am

Good morning Rick the slick, all good in the hood?

Fist bitches

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 11 Nov 2015, 7:09 am

Morning mucker, how goes the south?

Stunning morning sky here today.

Sicond

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 11 Nov 2015, 7:59 am

Hi mate vintage grey sky from an 80's comedy series. Weather tending towards the mild so not all gloom and doom. Busy as feck which has the added affect of making everything worse.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Nov 2015, 8:00 am

Morning all.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 11 Nov 2015, 8:02 am

Still busy on product roll outs Shah, with the great and the good?

Morning Tino.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Nov 2015, 8:19 am

Galted wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Ngambri
Ganberri
Canberra

What about Bristol?  That's named after t1ts.
He wasn't too keen on Bristol but she liked her 'uddersfield

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 11 Nov 2015, 8:33 am

rick_dagless wrote:Still busy on product roll outs Shah, with the great and the good?

Morning Tino.

Yeah a billion dollar purchase early this week has upped the ante, looks like a chaotic year all round.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 11 Nov 2015, 8:35 am

Crikey though keeps you off the streets I guess mate (which is probably a bonus for us infidels to be fair)

I have accepted another job in a different company which should open the new year nicely with any luck

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 11 Nov 2015, 8:40 am

rick_dagless wrote:Crikey though keeps you off the streets I guess mate (which is probably a bonus for us infidels to be fair)

I have accepted another job in a different company which should open the new year nicely with any luck

Headhunted by Burger King?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 11 Nov 2015, 8:42 am

Adam wrote:Headhunted by Burger King?

Yep I am now Burger King's official Waste Disposal Executive...

I am now an actual Executive, hitting the big time.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 11 Nov 2015, 8:52 am

Morning all. I'm not Russian athletics.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 11 Nov 2015, 8:57 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Adam wrote:Headhunted by Burger King?

Yep I am now Burger King's official Waste Disposal Executive...

I am now an actual Executive, hitting the big time.

You work at the till then?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next