The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+12
Adam D
1GrumpyGolfer
Dr Shoe
ShahenshahG
Pal Joey
Galted
Rowley
Alistair
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
16 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 5 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Loaded Dog wrote:I haven't seen Altar of Plagues but my dentist reckons they're OK.
It's disappointing on so many levels, LD.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 5 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:04 am

Shah wrote:You work at the till then?

They wont let me near the public just yet Shah, but it is in my PDR as a stretch goal.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 5 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:28 am

Morning all. Late in today. Had a small pr!ck inserted this morning.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:37 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3312785/Stay-warm-synthetic-spider-s-silk-North-Face-creates-winter-jacket-using-commercial-artificial-proteins.html

Galted will get a massive hard on for this. A new winter jacket from North Face.

Sh*ts all over Jack Wolfskin.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:39 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Shah wrote:You work at the till then?

They wont let me near the public just yet Shah, but it is in my PDR as a stretch goal.
Hey Rick, we have those too. I don't care about mine though, I'm as developed as I wanna be

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:45 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

As good as Tech by Tumi?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:59 am

seanmichaels wrote:

As good as Tech by Tumi?

Of course not. Nothing is as good as Tech by Tumi.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:59 am

Berghaus, Jack Wolfskin, The North Face or other?

Most JWS isn't really serious gear - more a pub jacket with a mountain look, though they do make some technical jackets, which the Germans seem to like. Still much better than Karrimor though - their footwear/clothing suck.

Berghaus/TNF are regarded better, though both are rather into the pub/dog-walkers apparel, and many think TNF has gone downhill in the last few years. They're in the same ballpark as Lowe Alpine and Sprayway. Beware, lots of TNF fakes on eBay.

The serious gear is Marmot, Mountain Equipment/Hardwear, Rab, Haglofs, Paramo, Montane and Arcteryx. They, and a few others, serve the gear used by those who want performance gear an care/depend on how it performs.

- I'm a fan of the latter 3, mainly due to fit.
- For UK conditions, many people love Paramo...it works on a different principle to regular waterproofs.
- Think about what you'll be doing in it...do you want lightweight or hard wearing? Is breathability crucial? Does it need to look 'ok' for a pub or will it only be mountain wear? Lets face it, for 9/10 of us that spend £100+ on a jacket, one for £25 from Millets would have done fine. And everything on the market today is far far far superior to what we had 30-100 years ago when many of the famous 'Firsts' were achieved in the high mountains of the world...so most of it far exceeds what we'll ever use it for.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:09 am

That's even more w*nky than me talking about Death Metal

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:18 am

I wonder what Galted was doing on The Student Forum? Must have been kicked off Mumsnet.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:34 am

DAVE wrote:Hey Rick, we have those too. I don't care about mine though, I'm as developed as I wanna be

I guess at your place it would be arrested development?

To be honest the whole process is generall just lip service, if you have a problem or issue just raise it as and when, no point in saving it up for the annual omnishambles!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:36 am

I went to Mountain Warehouse, but everything was too big, even the hills.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:11 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I went to Mountain Warehouse, but everything was too big, even the hills.

Were the hills alive?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:14 am

rick_dagless wrote:
DAVE wrote:Hey Rick, we have those too. I don't care about mine though, I'm as developed as I wanna be

I guess at your place it would be arrested development?

To be honest the whole process is generall just lip service, if you have a problem or issue just raise it as and when, no point in saving it up for the annual omnishambles!
Where do you work? Utopia Ltd?

Be lovely to have my problems listened to let alone sorted out.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:40 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I went to Mountain Warehouse, but everything was too big, even the hills.

Were the hills alive?

With the sound of Keane.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:59 am

Were the hills alive?

Damon was, Benny wasn't.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:10 pm

DAVE wrote:Be lovely to have my problems listened to let alone sorted out.

A corner and a loud voice works DAVE, the grievances never get acted on but they definately heard them...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:14 pm

Talk to us Dave. Let it all out.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:31 pm

Egg and cress sarnie, butterbean and chorizo soup, 9/10

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:47 pm

Roast chicken with carrots, peas, broccoli and roast potatoes. Drizzled with gravy.

Or a roast dinner, if you prefer.

Treacle tart for afters.

9.18854/10.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:36 pm

Trying to save money. 3 slices of buttered bread and sainsbury's curried super noodles. Approximate cost 66p. Approximate taste shi'ite.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:38 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Trying to save money. 3 slices of buttered bread  and sainsbury's curried super noodles. Approximate cost 66p. Approximate taste shi'ite.

The Sainsbury's, Sean.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:38 pm

Apologies.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:54 pm

Had a similar dinner to Sean minus the "The Sainsbury's" element to the noodles....and no bread. Approximate cost 20p......I've had worse. Tina's sounded lovely. Thankfully he's my favourite so I was also able to enjoy it albeit vicariously

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:55 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Had a similar dinner to Sean minus the "The Sainsbury's" element to the noodles....and no bread. Approximate cost 20p......I've had worse. Tina's sounded lovely. Thankfully he's my favourite so I was also able to enjoy it albeit vicariously

I was thinking of you whilst I ate it.

Particularly as my knife sliced through flesh.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:00 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Had a similar dinner to Sean minus the "The Sainsbury's" element to the noodles....and no bread. Approximate cost 20p......I've had worse. Tina's sounded lovely. Thankfully he's my favourite so I was also able to enjoy it albeit vicariously

Hold on. Yours cost 20p? The curry ones in the green packet? Mine were 35p

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:08 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Hold on. Yours cost 20p? The curry ones in the green packet? Mine were 35p

Norf/Sarf divide.

Prices are higher down here. And the people are more c*ntier.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:11 pm

Double superlative. Not good.

Had some blood taken for a test today. Is it just me or is it always feckng painfall afterwards? Feels like she left half of it in there.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:14 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Double superlative. Not good.

I rest my case.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:53 pm

Nope cheap alternative/generic noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:01 pm

Rick, you're a geek. What computer game thing should I get? What are the latest playstations or xbox? I want war shoot'em up games and a bit of strategy, Command and conquer style.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:46 pm

Well done for ruining the afternoon, Sean.

Night all.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:54 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3312785/Stay-warm-synthetic-spider-s-silk-North-Face-creates-winter-jacket-using-commercial-artificial-proteins.html

Galted will get a massive hard on for this.  A new winter jacket from North Face.

Another marvellous post, it's reading posts like this make me fairly satisfied that I'm not blind.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:56 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I wonder what Galted was doing on The Student Forum? Must have been kicked off Mumsnet.

Mumsnet is in my top 10 websites. If you need to find out how to do something without f*cking it up you invariably end up finding out on mumsnet.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:22 am

sean wrote:Rick, you're a geek. What computer game thing should I get? What are the latest playstations or xbox? I want war shoot'em up games and a bit of strategy, Command and conquer style.

Get a PS4 as it is, arguably, a better gaming system, though there is lots to be said for Xbone also.

War shoot e'ms, go for the new COD if you just want to shoot things though Black Ops is more strategic than a usual COD shooty thing and Metal Gear Solid is even more strategic and a lot less Shooty.  Fallout 4 is RPG shooty, and if you want Command & Conquer get it....

Morning Shah

Fist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:36 am

Morning Rick the Clique

All good?

Secondment

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:58 am

All good here mate I am off tomorrow which is nice, so I have the Friday feeling.

How goes your good self?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:06 am

Shattered mate. Absolutely shattered. I've just opened a Forex account and i haven't the faintest Idea why! I was supposed to be off tommorow too...but no word from the bosses. Got a feeling they f*cked it up and are avoiding me.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:11 am

Do you have any input into a Forex account? Or is it pay and go and hope for the best?

SOunds like you have had a busy week to be fair, so just don't rock up if they are ignoring...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:17 am

I work for Securitas mate, they don't work at the same site i'm contracted to. Think of it as an agency which pays better and is more stable. This sort of sh*t is bread and butter for em so they've got no excuse.

Looks like pay and go and hope for the best. Might need to beat some info out of Tino. Lots of stuff about metals and commodities.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:20 am

Ah, sounds like you may be stuck then mate, just get extra wasted on Friday night...

I have seen them before and not really paid a lot of attention to it, it will be interesting to see how you get on it to be honest, you will have to let me know if it works out.

It may even be run by Tino, so double good...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:40 am

I'm a bit worried that he can't run anything other than a soup kitchen and that only because he has to eat through a straw 5 days out of 7. Is it worth taking his advice?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:41 am

Fair point well made Shah, perhaps ask Jeff, as a Yorkshire man he is dialed in to what works best with money.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:52 am

Put it in bricks and mortar Shah, is that a suitably northern response?

Morning.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:56 am

Morning all.

Happy to help if it's precious metal trading, Shah.

So long as you're not using your profits to fund extremism. Enough of that in the world already.

How did the interview go, Jeff?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:57 am

Morning Jeff/TINo, are we well?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:58 am

Alright Tina, just waiting to hear back from them.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:08 am

Pretty good, riCK. Met someone from Warrington last night. Always nice to hear a friendly voice.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:11 am

Morning. Have a few clients who like to buy USD. They never make much money out of it because the exchange rates feck you. In large sums it is ok but I'd have thought simple share dealing carries as much potential for gain with far less effort. A lot of people ploughing into Lloyds at the moment.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:13 am

Tino wrote:Met someone from Warrington last night. Always nice to hear a friendly voice.

Were they trying to mug you at all? Or were they lost and turned up at Tino's "Embassy for the North"?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:14 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Pretty good, riCK.  Met someone from Warrington last night.  Always nice to hear a friendly voice.

Mike Gregory?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next