The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+20
George1507
Eyetoldyouso
1GrumpyGolfer
Roller_Coaster
Davie
Diggers
super_realist
I'm never wrong
Be_the_ball
westisbest
NedB-H
kwinigolfer
navyblueshorts
JAS
pedro
beninho
dynamark
raycastleunited
wiretapper
McLaren
24 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Wed 23 May 2018, 1:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

kwinigolfer wrote:
McLaren wrote:Kwini

I reckon Harry has scored a double eagle.

She's a weird looking bird, more a bogey I'd say.

Kwini, you have very high standards. I seem to remember you thought Lexi was a bit of a minger.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed 30 May 2018, 8:05 am

It would appear that at least one national newspaper really has a thing against Sterling. There was a twitter thread linking all the headlines and articles published over recent times. Front page because he was at a club and had been tired, called an idiot for no reason, called greedy for wanting a payrise, and obscene for buying his mum a house with a sink, drove a filthy car, called a love rat when proposing to his partner, just a rat when on holiday with a friend, articles because he flew easy jet and because he went fir breakfast, he went to piundland, primark and greggs, he had 2 holidays ina week, inhaled from a balloon, and he has cars worth over a million poundand now linking his gun tattoo with 2 kids being stabbed in Sheffield. I am not sure he is that newsworthy.

I missed the monaco gp talk, I love f1, massive fan and have been for years, that race was as dull as anything I can recall.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 30 May 2018, 8:37 am

beninho wrote:It would appear that at least one national newspaper really has a thing against Sterling. There was a twitter thread linking all the headlines and articles published over recent times. Front page because he was at a club and had been tired, called an idiot for no reason,  called greedy for wanting a payrise, and obscene for buying his mum a house with a sink,  drove a filthy car, called a love rat when proposing to his partner, just a rat when on holiday with a friend, articles because he flew easy jet and because he went fir breakfast, he went to piundland, primark and greggs, he had 2 holidays ina week, inhaled from a balloon, and he has cars worth over a million poundand now linking his gun tattoo with 2 kids being stabbed in Sheffield. I am not sure he is that newsworthy.

I missed the monaco gp talk, I love f1, massive fan and have been for years, that race was as dull as anything I can recall.
Well, it is The Sun isn't it? Maybe they're sniping at him all the time because they sell stuff all in Liverpool these days and see it as a way back in? Vile rag.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 30 May 2018, 10:22 am

kwinigolfer wrote:Quite appropriate that his weapon is aimed directly at his foot . . . . . .

Ha ha clap

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wiretapper Wed 30 May 2018, 10:30 am

The campaign against Sterling is racism

https://twitter.com/adamkeyworth/status/1001218545588502530

wiretapper

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 30 May 2018, 11:34 am

wiretapper wrote:The campaign against Sterling is racism

Not sure that substantiates your claim really. Maybe, but hardly conclusive.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 30 May 2018, 11:45 am

Where is it you see the racism?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by wiretapper Wed 30 May 2018, 11:57 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
wiretapper wrote:The campaign against Sterling is racism

Not sure that substantiates your claim really. Maybe, but hardly conclusive.

Yes there is a certain level of opinion involved, I grant you that.

I've been following this for a couple of years now, mainly via the excellent Mediawatch page on football365.com.

The S*n appear to have doubled down today https://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-special-raheem-sterling-and-the-sun-again

wiretapper

Back to top Go down

Post by wiretapper Wed 30 May 2018, 12:02 pm

pedro wrote:Where is it you see the racism?

Because there are plenty of other young rich footballers out there living their lives in a very similar way that haven't had a concerted campaign from a couple of media outlets raised against them over the past couple of years.

I don't see any other reason why they've picked him unless of course he pissed in a couple of newspaper editor's cornflakes.

wiretapper

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 30 May 2018, 12:28 pm

wiretapper wrote:

Because there are plenty of other young rich footballers out there living their lives in a very similar way that haven't had a concerted campaign from a couple of media outlets raised against them over the past couple of years.

I don't see any other reason why they've picked him unless of course he pissed in a couple of newspaper editor's cornflakes.
Or it could just be he's an idiot?

IMO he got himself a bad rep in connection with the Liverpool-Man C transfer and I'm not surprised the media tries to keep that alive.

And how would you label yourself by impliying the guy isn't bright enough to figure out there might be some sort of reaction if you tattoo a gun on your leg and post it on your insta profile? Is it just the good ole soft bigotry of low expectations?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 30 May 2018, 12:32 pm

Sterling is obviously a bit thick.... but there is a clear hate campaign going on here.

Maybe he refused to provide the "journalists" with a story in the past, but something is up.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by wiretapper Wed 30 May 2018, 1:58 pm

pedro wrote:
wiretapper wrote:

Or it could just be he's an idiot?

IMO he got himself a bad rep in connection with the Liverpool-Man C transfer and I'm not surprised the media tries to keep that alive.

And how would you label yourself by impliying the guy isn't bright enough to figure out there might be some sort of reaction if you tattoo a gun on your leg and post it on your insta profile? Is it just the good ole soft bigotry of low expectations?

It's not like he's the first footballer ever to have got himself a bad rep over moving clubs. John Stones for example the very next year submitted a transfer request "by mistake" as he pushed for his move to Man City. I don't recall his hate campaign.

As for the tattoo Jordan Pickford has a dagger, Alberto Moreno has a chimp holding a hand-gun - zero reaction.

And I'm certainly not implying he isn't bright enough to figure out anything, he comes across as very polite and assured, I'm not the one calling him an idiot. The tattoo has been their since Januaury, the insta post was him training with England enjoying himself, maybe it didn't cross his mind as other footballers don't get the same reaction to crazy tattoos. Sterling has given his reasons for having this done and and beyond that it's none of my business.

wiretapper

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 30 May 2018, 2:58 pm

Navy/Pedro

If you are "woke", I think the new term is, then the racism is fairy obvious. But if it really needs spelled out to you then wiretapper has done that.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 30 May 2018, 3:12 pm

McLaren wrote:Navy/Pedro

If you are "woke", I think the new term is, then the racism is fairy obvious. But if it really needs spelled out to you then wiretapper has done that.
Talking of spelling, it's "fairly". Say nothing of it!

If you are "woke"?? Really? No wonder the World's going to Hell in a handcart.
The thread Wire linked to is evidence of some nasty articles published about Sterling. Decent evidence of racism, it isn't I'm afraid. Despite what you might claim.
Anyway, let's not rake over that old ground again.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 30 May 2018, 3:42 pm

Sterling's tatt, and any tattoo with assault weapons depicted, is the sort of repugnant carp to be expected from some Drumpf-loving white supremacist, redneck militia. Or lowlife, MS-13 gangster. Abhorrent there, abhorrent anywhere.
Dismay at Sterling's poor judgement not racist in any way (tho' some of the other garbage may well be).

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 30 May 2018, 4:03 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Sterling's tatt, and any tattoo with assault weapons depicted, is the sort of repugnant carp to be expected from some Drumpf-loving white supremacist, redneck militia. Or lowlife, MS-13 gangster. Abhorrent there, abhorrent anywhere.
Dismay at Sterling's poor judgement not racist in any way (tho' some of the other garbage may well be).

Kwini have you read Sterling's specific reason behind that particular tattoo?

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 30 May 2018, 4:15 pm

raycastleunited wrote:
kwinigolfer wrote:Sterling's tatt, and any tattoo with assault weapons depicted, is the sort of repugnant carp to be expected from some Drumpf-loving white supremacist, redneck militia. Or lowlife, MS-13 gangster. Abhorrent there, abhorrent anywhere.

Kwini have you read Sterling's specific reason behind that particular tattoo?

Yes! So what? Honestly don't see any excuse. Happy to agree to disagree, but can't believe there's not a more appropriate way to honour his father, especially given the platform he has, and has earned.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 30 May 2018, 4:50 pm

I'm in Kwini camp.Tatoos should be banned absolutely stupid shows a complete lack of brain cells in any way but this is just plain daft..
Why the hell would anyone want a tattoo ? or a nose ring ?
My son seems to think the ladies like them but are they ladies you would want to meet probably not.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 30 May 2018, 5:28 pm

pedro wrote:Of course he can do what he wants with his body. But I do understand that some people may think it will reflect badly on the England team. But it just reflects the nation so nothing to be ashamed of really.

Is having a tattoo really something that can bring shame to the England football team? I would think their performances and shambolic tournament record are more likely to do that.

Sterling's running style is a lot more embarrassing than some covered up brainless tattoo on his scrawny leg.

As for the "story" behind it. So what indeed. Why not just have a picture on your wall of your Liberace mock Tudor mansion?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Wed 30 May 2018, 5:31 pm

Loads of footballers from Brazil, Argentina, Poland etc etc have tattoos of guns and similar. I don’t think anyone sees those and thinks “God that country must be a hole”. They just think the player involved is a bit of a tool. Which is what Sterling is. Storm in a teacup.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 30 May 2018, 5:44 pm

It is funny how people jump on the "racism" bandwagon in things like this. What short memories they have. People like Beckham, Rooney, Wilshire, Crouch etc have been pilloried by the media for years.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Wed 30 May 2018, 6:48 pm

Super, I hope you are not offended by this video.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 30 May 2018, 6:59 pm

Always knew Mac was a yank.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 30 May 2018, 7:41 pm

super_realist wrote:Always knew Mac was a w.ank.
Fixed it

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 30 May 2018, 9:32 pm

I can't help but think the Sterling discussion outed the gammons on here.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 30 May 2018, 10:10 pm

McLaren wrote:I can't help but think the Sterling discussion outed the gammons on here.
Headscratch
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 30 May 2018, 11:03 pm

Probably some millennial way of trying to infer there are racist people on the board, given that he sees racism everywhere, and feels it on behalf of everyone non white. Rolling Eyes

If he spent half as much time concentrating on his own life, instead of worrying about what might offend others, and reading something into stuff that isn't even there he might not have to get the bus everywhere.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 31 May 2018, 9:27 am

Gullible apropos multi media offensive nonsense

Gammon.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 31 May 2018, 9:58 am

super_realist wrote:Probably some millennial way of trying to infer there are racist people on the board, given that he sees racism everywhere, and feels it on behalf of everyone non white.  :roll:

If he spent half as much time concentrating on his own life, instead of worrying about what might offend others, and reading something into stuff that isn't even there he might not have to get the bus everywhere.

If you spent less time worrying about whether I am offended on behalf of someone you might be able to leave the incel movement.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 31 May 2018, 12:37 pm

Mac did you simply have a mickeymaccymocholattaiatto with a talkative 18 year old last night?

Well, perhaps a cup of tea behind a table of talkative 18 year olds with their mickeymaccymocholattaiattos (fairtrade decaf obvs).

Very Happy

Last edited by Roller_Coaster on Thu 31 May 2018, 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added emoji in case my age became too apparent, or in case my comment was taken seriously)

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Thu 31 May 2018, 1:02 pm

Zidane resigns. Wonder why? Got a better offer from somewhere? Not winning La Liga has obviously done for him.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by wiretapper Thu 31 May 2018, 1:49 pm

I'm never wrong wrote:Zidane resigns. Wonder why? Got a better offer from somewhere? Not winning La Liga has obviously done for him.

Being told to play Bale next season when fit when he clearly doesn't want to? His team on Saturday a wee flick of the vickies to Perez and co?

The stress and anxiety of managing the one of the world's biggest football teams with the biggest expectation and biggest dressing room egos?

A feeling of achievement that is unlikely to be bettered?

His league form last season wasn't good but I doubt it has led to his departure. They players love him (he let's them get on with it without interfering too much a la Benitez), the fans love him, and despite the run ins over team selection Perez wouldn't bring upon the wrath of both fans and players by sacking him. Plus he does look genuinely upset in the presser (Perez that is).

Personally I think it's not a particularly enjoyable life - despite some extremely joyful moments - and he feels he has achieved all he can. Time to move on.

He has said in the past he wants to coach France some day and the French football public expect him at some point. If Deschamp doesn't have a great summer....

wiretapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 31 May 2018, 3:08 pm

Mahrez to City looking on. Don't get it myself, he's very good but will want to play and I wouldn't put him in ahead of their current forwards. Not really sure he suits how they play either, not exactly renowned for his work rate.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 31 May 2018, 3:15 pm

Pleased to see Lampard got to Derby. If one of the recent crop of English players is to make it a simple a manager I'd pick him. He's intelligent, articulate and was a very clever footballer. Also has a bit of steel to him. Derby aren't in to bad a place so will be good to see how he get some on.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 31 May 2018, 3:40 pm

Mahrez will be quite interesting, he'll have to increase his work-rate for sure but I think he could do. He was effectively denied a move for the last couple of windows IIRC and, despite having few days of toys out of pram, he came back at a good level and seemingly over the disappointment, so a good attitude does exist I think. However, I'm inclined to agree he's not of the same calibre as Citeh already have in those positions.

Lampard and Gerrard now walking in to pretty big jobs for their first foray. Yes, Rangers is a big job even if it's debateable whether Rangers is a big club in the wider sense. It is undeniably one of the biggest 2 in Scotland. Derby is a pretty big club at which to cut your teeth and has had some pretty renowned managers at the helm (that have failed). I'd guess it'll depend hugely on who is around him. Certainly an interesting appointment. Still, I predict Warnock in at Derby when he (or Cardiff) decide he's still not the right type for the top flight (again) and then they'll go up.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 31 May 2018, 3:59 pm

Players being warehoused by the monopolistic big clubs - why is that good for football, in England at any rate?

And, now Silva is in at Goodison, will he bring in the foreign legion or continue to develop their young players?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Thu 31 May 2018, 4:47 pm

All good reasons Wire, but I would like to think this one has it.

wiretapper wrote:A feeling of achievement that is unlikely to be bettered?

Need to climb a different mountain.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Thu 31 May 2018, 6:37 pm

I have to say it's good to see the likes of Gerrard and now Lampard take up mgt roles, both seem to be good decisions. All a question of how much time they get, good luck to them.

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 31 May 2018, 6:43 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:Probably some millennial way of trying to infer there are racist people on the board, given that he sees racism everywhere, and feels it on behalf of everyone non white.  Rolling Eyes

If you spent less time worrying about whether I am offended on behalf of someone you might be able to leave the incel movement.

Mac, The fact you seem so obsessed about my sex life (or your perceived lack of it) tells me everything I need to know about yours, it's hilarious you paint this impression that you are some sort of casanova taking part in perpetual rogerisation. If ever there was a candidate for singledom and the incel movement it's going to be the person who sits in on his Xbox/PS4, has a bus pass, has a crap job, shops in jumble sales, pretends he has an MSc, too scared to admit what he does for a living, won't tell anyone where he claims to have lived, can't spell, tries far too hard to be "right on", can't get people to play golf with him, watches F1 and has a Tiger Moobs poster on his ceiling and whose idea of a good night out is going to the library to dig out the sticky pages of Doaks book on architecture.  Hardly likely to be a magnet for the ladies or likely to be partaking in too much legoverism yourself are you Mac?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Thu 31 May 2018, 9:16 pm

Being able to spell pulls the ladies? If only I’d known that before, I’d have made an attribute of my lexicographical prowess.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 31 May 2018, 10:00 pm

That’s why the alternative is called Grindr.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 31 May 2018, 11:07 pm

"Perpetual rogerisation". Fair play, you really do learn, or at least read, something new every day. I've certainly never been perpetual...

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 01 Jun 2018, 9:23 am

I've never been called Roger.

The late Dr Bannister, however.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 01 Jun 2018, 10:33 am

McLaren, can you please answer the following questions, to give realist his answers.

Are you involved in perpetual rogerisation and/or some sort of casanova?
Are you employed, if so in what sector?
Where have you lived?
Do you have a MSc?
Do ypu play golf with other people?
Do you have a poster of tiger woods on your ceiling?
What is your idea of a good night out?

Mr realiist,

Can you confirm you current relationship status, are you involved in perpetual rogerisation?

Hopefully this will give you both the answers you seek, and most others probably don't give a flying fuk.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by wiretapper Fri 01 Jun 2018, 11:27 am

NedB-H wrote:Being able to spell pulls the ladies? If only I’d known that before, I’d have made an attribute of my lexicographical prowess.

Updating mai tinder prophile imedeately OK

wiretapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 01 Jun 2018, 12:17 pm

wiretapper wrote:
NedB-H wrote:Being able to spell pulls the ladies? If only I’d known that before, I’d have made an attribute of my lexicographical prowess.

me two! (Does that count?)

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Fri 01 Jun 2018, 12:34 pm

Roller_Coaster wrote:
wiretapper wrote:

R u swipin left or write?

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by wiretapper Fri 01 Jun 2018, 12:56 pm

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:
Roller_Coaster wrote:
wiretapper wrote:

R u swipin left or write?

Laugh

wiretapper

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri 01 Jun 2018, 3:35 pm

Ill be interested to see what Mahrez can do in a team where he is not the only top threat.At LCFC he is doubled up on all the time because we don't have much else and Simpson the full back is not the overlapping type.Paid a mere 450k for him and 1 mil for vardy!
Back to the golf and in Italy Robert Rock played a run of nine holes yesterday in just 26 shots -not sure there are any stats but that cannot have been to match or better that,

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 01 Jun 2018, 4:28 pm

dyna,

Here are some PGA Tour stats on low 9-hole scores:

https://www.thoughtco.com/9-hole-scoring-record-on-pga-tour-1565893

Remember, these are for nine holes as a discrete front nine or second nine - Rock's holes were consecutive and I can't find any reference to that. Triple bogey 6 rather besmirches his Round 2 card.

Re: Mahrez,
For a neutral he's great to watch, way too good to languish on a Citeh bench.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri 01 Jun 2018, 8:45 pm

Thanks Kwini I thought that was pretty tasty but holes 4-13 so outside the official stats.I once had 4 twos in a round but to be honest it was temp greens and bucket size holes.
Mahrez have a look at some of the you tube clips.Whatever happens the best player we have ever had in terms of entertainment.Not only does he send the opposition the wrong way most of the crowd are fooled as well ! I have been lucky to have watched some extraordinary stuff from the young man all the best to him.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next