The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+18
BlueCoverman
incontinentia
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
Duty281
pedro
Galted
I'm never wrong
Soul Requiem
JAS
Shotrock
McLaren
Pal Joey
super_realist
George1507
dynamark
TM2K
beninho
22 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 13 Feb 2022, 6:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

It does seem that this cat video is pretty old. But, also oeople seem more upset about it then say, Chelsea having a player who killed someone when he was drink driving.

We are a nation of animal lovers, my mum was all in on Romanian rescue dogs, not so keen on Romanian people.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark Fri 25 Mar 2022, 7:49 pm

Talking hedges this may amuse.My son and I moved house couple of weeks ago and used his work van to move the gear.He took a couple of wooden pallets out of the van and stood them against the hedge between the neighbour and our new place.We did a couple of trips in the van and then knock on the door and very indignant neighbour wanting to know when the pallets would be moved from leaning on 'his' hedge.He had the right misery about a 30 year old tatty conifer hedge which invades my drive in truth.How to get on with your neighbours!!

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Galted Fri 25 Mar 2022, 7:59 pm

dynamark wrote:Talking hedges this may amuse.My son and I moved house couple of  weeks ago and used his work van to move the gear.He took a couple of wooden pallets out of the van and stood them against the hedge between the neighbour and our new place.We did a couple of trips in the van and then knock on the door and very indignant neighbour wanting to know when the pallets would be moved from leaning on 'his' hedge.He had the right misery about a 30 year old tatty conifer hedge which invades my drive in truth.How to get on with your neighbours!!

Lighting a great pallet bonfire that evening, visible for miles, would've smoothed relations.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 28 Mar 2022, 8:25 am

What a slap by Will Smith at the Oscars! Learn to take a joke brah!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 28 Mar 2022, 9:18 am

incontinentia wrote:What a slap by Will Smith at the Oscars! Learn to take a joke brah!

As a comedian who's made a decent career out of savagely insulting people, I'm guessing Frankie Boyle's chances of ever hosting the oscars have now all but evaporated.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 28 Mar 2022, 9:25 am

The Oscars are redundant now anyway, the fact Will Smith won best actor is the bigger travesty.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 28 Mar 2022, 9:34 am

Soul Requiem wrote:The Oscars are redundant now anyway, the fact Will Smith won best actor is the bigger travesty.
Yes indeed, the Oscars don't deserve to have any prestige whatsoever.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Mar 2022, 11:05 am

Soul Requiem wrote:The Oscars are redundant now anyway, the fact Will Smith won best actor is the bigger travesty.

The fact that Nicholas Cage has won one should be reason enough for their immediate discontinuation.  Add to that Braveheart, Sean Connery, Kevin Costner, Angelina Jolie, Gladiator, Dances With Wolves...I could probably go on for some time.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 28 Mar 2022, 11:17 am

Galted wrote:

The fact that Nicholas Cage has won one should be reason enough for their immediate discontinuation.  Add to that Braveheart, Sean Connery, Kevin Costner, Angelina Jolie, Gladiator, Dances With Wolves...I could probably go on for some time.
Ah here, Gladiator is a great film with a great performance by Crowe!
Also, even traditionally crappy actors are capable of isolated great performances. Daniel Day Lewis' whole schtick is a sham though, if he was really any good of an actor he could just show up and play the role without all that method acting nonsense.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Mar 2022, 1:16 pm

incontinentia wrote:
Galted wrote:

Ah here, Gladiator is a great film with a great performance by Crowe!
Also, even traditionally crappy actors are capable of isolated great performances. Daniel Day Lewis' whole schtick is a sham though, if he was really any good of an actor he could just show up and play the role without all that method acting nonsense.

It was an enjoyable romp, I'll grant you that.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 13 Apr 2022, 1:59 pm

Hi all apparently there was a biggish golf tournament on last week in America .Some scottish fella won it we must have all missed it .
Never fails to produce in honesty

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 21 Apr 2022, 10:40 am

Anybody following the Johnny Depp / Amber Heard soap opera? Crazy stuff.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 21 Apr 2022, 10:51 am

pedro wrote:Anybody following the Johnny Depp / Amber Heard soap opera? Crazy stuff.

I've missed most of it.

I'm currently hiding in a broom cupboard due to a (sometimes) violent relationship with an erratic service consultant.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 21 Apr 2022, 1:38 pm

pedro wrote:Anybody following the Johnny Depp / Amber Heard soap opera? Crazy stuff.

Sad to see Depp resort to these tactics instead of just admitting he is an abuser.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 21 Apr 2022, 1:42 pm

McLaren wrote:

Sad to see Depp resort to these tactics instead of just admitting he is an abuser.

Surely his voice should be Heard?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Apr 2022, 2:26 pm

McLaren wrote:

Who gives a toss Mac, they're as much oxygen thieves as that ex Royal ginger twerp and his vile Hollywood tin eared bint.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 21 Apr 2022, 4:15 pm

Super

I think the publics reaction to Depp's abuse is interesting.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Apr 2022, 4:16 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

I think the publics reaction to Depp's abuse is interesting.

Is it, what reaction is that?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 21 Apr 2022, 4:16 pm

Just anyone who voices an opinion. You for example.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Apr 2022, 4:23 pm

McLaren wrote:Just anyone who voices an opinion. You for example.

I dont have an opinion on his abuse because I cant be bothered to listen to the evidence as he's kust another stupid celebrity.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Apr 2022, 7:26 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
McLaren wrote:

Surely his voice should be Heard?

Acknowledged,

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sat 23 Apr 2022, 9:33 am

McLaren wrote:

And she’s not?

pedro

incontinentia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 25 Apr 2022, 2:15 pm

Anyone know if there is any footage of Angela Rayner crossing/uncrossing her legs?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 25 Apr 2022, 2:18 pm

pedro wrote:
McLaren wrote:

And she’s not?

There's a few audio clips available online where you can hear Heard admitting to hitting Depp but insisting it wasn't a punch. In those same clips she accuses Depp of moving away from arguments. From what i've heard and read it would appear that she not him was the instigator.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 25 Apr 2022, 2:23 pm

It is possible they abused each other. Wouldn't be a shock of two Hollywood types were terrible people.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 25 Apr 2022, 9:26 pm

McLaren wrote:Anyone know if there is any footage of Angela Rayner crossing/uncrossing her legs?

I have a bootleg DVD but it'll cost you.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 26 Apr 2022, 7:27 am

McLaren wrote:Anyone know if there is any footage of Angela Rayner crossing/uncrossing her legs?

I quite like Lyndsey Hoyle as a speaker but he shouldn't be summoning journalists to tell them how to do their jobs.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 26 Apr 2022, 1:10 pm

super_realist wrote:

I quite like Lyndsey Hoyle as a speaker but he shouldn't be summoning journalists to tell them how to do their jobs.

Super, the issue is that the story was almost certainly concocted by Tory MP's (ministers?) or their advisors. Not that the daily mail people will have the backbone to admit that.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 26 Apr 2022, 1:31 pm

That was my point Mac, you cant blame the Journo for reporting what someone said regardless what paper it is in.

Much like every story nowadays though, the level of fake outrage is over the top. Theres a lot more to worry about than some chavvy 40 year old granny.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 26 Apr 2022, 1:34 pm

Is there much difference between fake outrage and constantly whinging about everything?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 27 Apr 2022, 10:20 pm

You dont have to like Angela Rayner, or even be outraged fake or not, to think that the mail on Sunday article was misogynistic.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 28 Apr 2022, 6:38 am

beninho wrote:You dont have to like Angela Rayner, or even be outraged fake or not, to think that the mail on Sunday article was misogynistic.

It is REPORTING the claims of a Tory MP.. The comment was crass and mysogynistic, but you can't blame the paper for repirting it.
Also, the ginger chav is on  record making some incredibly crass comments about the opposition using some very unparliamentary language in the chamber so its a bit rich and hypocritical to moan too much.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 28 Apr 2022, 7:22 am

I think its fine to moan about the article in the mail. It was a shocking article and had no real basis in anything. It was targeted directly at a women for being a women, basically. It was rank bad journalism..

I'm not quite grasping the she said things about tories in the past, so she can't complain about misogyny.

Luckily, a lot of mps on both sides called it out. It was indefensible.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 28 Apr 2022, 8:05 am

beninho wrote:You dont have to like Angela Rayner, or even be outraged fake or not, to think that the mail on Sunday article was misogynistic.

It's Angela Rayner, so I really don't care.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 28 Apr 2022, 8:14 am

Soul Requiem wrote:

Don't care about misogynistic columns or don't care if it's targeted against people you don't like?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 28 Apr 2022, 8:30 am

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

Don't care about misogynistic columns or don't care if it's targeted against people you don't like?  

The answer to that is quite obvious, don't act dumb.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 28 Apr 2022, 8:32 am

I’ve purposely avoided posting before Rangers last few Europa league games as Dortmund onwards I’ve felt they’ve been punching above their weight (every side they’ve beaten has been ranked above them). I do think they’ll come unstuck tonight as there are too many key players now on the treatment table but the post I saw this morning really struck home
“Nine years ago today we travelled to East Stirling in the Scottish 3rd division, today we travel to Germany for a Europa League semi final.”

Given where they were and given the domestic environment they operate in that many dismiss as “tinpot”, by any stretch that is a remarkable achievement. In a domestic season where they’ve fallen short of the heights they reached last season, to still be in the mix in Europe is quite remarkable.

Can only wish them good luck but I fear tonight’s the night when the flame gets extinguished.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 28 Apr 2022, 8:38 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

Trying to work out your stand. You don't care for bad things if it is against someone you don't like?  That's your view?  

It's a weird fcuking take.

I do t think I'd pick and choose who I felt was OK to have homophobic abuse for example

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 28 Apr 2022, 8:42 am

On to football, my team can get 83 points and not make the play offs! It's bloody ridiculous. Only happened twice in 35 years or something.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 28 Apr 2022, 8:44 am

Soul Requiem wrote:

If I was to say the same thing if it was about Priti Patel, you’d be all over my abhorrent uncaring view :-p

I get it though, Rayner isn’t exactly sweetness and light and I’d imagine will be quite easily demonised by political opponents.

Take the specific personality out of it though, was it not just a little misogynistic & pathetic to level such accusations.

Btw, The kind of political operator she is she’ll try and milk the situation for all it’s worth, time to move on…quickly, I can’t stand the fake tears for what she thinks will be political gain.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 28 Apr 2022, 8:46 am

And the Mail is getting ridiculous, just seen today's front page in Starmer having a beer when he was allowed to. To follow up the Rayner article. Its really getting a bit desperate.

Just seen its previous cover when it said that there are more important things then the Met investigations into the downing street breaches and wouldn't put it on its cover...but when it's keir having a beer!!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 28 Apr 2022, 8:56 am

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

Trying to work out your stand. You don't care for bad things if it is against someone you don't like?  That's your view?  

It's a weird fcuking take.

I do t think I'd pick and choose who I felt was OK to have homophobic abuse for example

It's not that difficult to understand. I despise Rayner so I therefore do not care about a Daily Mail article.

It's quite that that needed further explanation.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 28 Apr 2022, 9:03 am

Yes, we get it. People you don't like, you don't care if they are abused. That's fine. It's a strange take mind, but each to their own.

I dont think I'd be the same, but that probably because I'm not a cnut.

I will ask, do you think homophobic abuse is also fine if the target is someone you don't like?

Last edited by beninho on Thu 28 Apr 2022, 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 28 Apr 2022, 9:04 am

beninho wrote:And the Mail is getting ridiculous, just seen today's front page in Starmer having a beer when he was allowed to. To follow up the Rayner article. Its really getting a bit desperate.

Just seen its previous cover when it said that there are more important things then the Met investigations into the downing street breaches and wouldn't put it on its cover...but when it's keir having a beer!!

Farting against thunder Ben, current polling is suggesting that only 70% think Johnson is dishonest. Therefore 30% of 68m is a helluva lot of readers who will lap that Poopie up and ask for more!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 28 Apr 2022, 9:11 am

beninho wrote:Yes, we get it. People you don't like, you don't care if they are abused. That's fine. It's a strange take mind, but each to their own.

I dont think I'd be the same, but that probably because I'm not a cnut.*

I will ask, do you think homophobic abuse is also fine if the target is someone you don't like?

It's pretty clear cut Ben, I do not care about this specific incident because it's Angela Rayner. There is no wider meaning behind my statement than that.

*really?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 28 Apr 2022, 9:16 am

I'm definitely not a cnut.

But, im the sort of person who would think targeted abuse is bad.

It's a mindset I can't get my head around, hating someone, for no genuine reason, so much I wouldn't care about the abuse they get.

But, that's your choice, if you don't like someone you don't care if they get mysogynist, sexist, racist or homophobic abuse I'd guess.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 28 Apr 2022, 9:19 am

Missing the point yet again I see, you've also decided I have no genuine reason to dislike Rayner based on what? She's a Labour MP so everyone must like her, I remember now.

Your first line is nonsense, your insistence on using deliberate false equivalence would suggest otherwise.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 28 Apr 2022, 9:26 am

You give me a reason you hate Angela Rayner so much you don't care that she gets targeted Mysogynistic abuse for no reason?

I'm interested why you think mysoginy is fine.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 28 Apr 2022, 9:30 am

beninho wrote:You give me a reason you hate Angela Rayner so much you don't care that she gets targeted Mysogynistic abuse for no reason?

I'm interested why you think mysoginy is fine.

If I gave my exact reasoning for why I dislike her so much i'd be as bad as she is. In order to explain myself i'd have to be a hypocrite.

I don't think misogyny is fine at all, again false equivalence.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 28 Apr 2022, 9:32 am

But you don't care about the misogynistic comments made about Angela rayner?  But you don't think mysoginy is fine?

You hate her, so don't care about misogynistic or any other abuse she may get. Death threats etc, which I think she's mentioned.

So you hate mysoginy apart from when it's aimed at people you don't like?

Last edited by beninho on Thu 28 Apr 2022, 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 28 Apr 2022, 9:33 am

beninho wrote:But you don't care about the misogynistic comments made about Angela rayner?  But you don't think mysoginy is fine?

Correct.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next