The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2024 US Presidential Election

+22
Noble-Surfer
Pebbles
GDC
lostinwales
Derek Smalls
Pr4wn
No name Bertie
Soul Requiem
navyblueshorts
JuliusHMarx
alfie
Samo
Lowlandbrit
Pal Joey
mountain man
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
superflyweight
the-goon2
dummy_half
TRUSSMAN66
Duty281
26 posters

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

2024 US Presidential Election - Page 8 Empty 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by Duty281 Wed 24 May 2023, 11:10 am

First topic message reminder :

Thought we should have a thread on it, as Ron DeSantis is expected to launch his campaign on Twitter this evening. He's trailing Trump by a big margin for the Republican nomination, around 37% behind in the polling average. But there's a lot of time for things to change and the oddsmakers only have DeSantis as a 2/1 outsider, against Trump's 2/5. Doesn't appear to be any other serious contenders for the Republican nomination at this point.

Biden is expected to run again and defend his crown, but his advancing age (he's into his 80s now) and low approval ratings means he may be vulnerable to a Democratic challenger. The most likely challenger seems to be Robert Kennedy Jr. who has already announced his candidacy and has polled as high as 21%, but that was still 49% behind Biden. As such, Biden's a 2/9 clear favourite to be the Democrat nominee in 2024, but if he drops out for whatever reason then the race is wide open.

Only 531 days until the election...

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election - Page 8 Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by GDC Thu 18 Jan 2024, 7:57 pm

But it's going to return the same voting shares as 'moderate New Hampshire'.

GDC

Back to top Go down

Shows that the Republican party nationwide - regardless of states - is probably heavily Trump-ifed.

GDC

Back to top Go down

Will be impactful post-Trump.

GDC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 18 Jan 2024, 11:50 pm

1) Create an account on the 12th May 2020.
2) Make first post on the 18th January 2024.
3) Make nine more posts in the space of three minutes.
4) ??

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 19 Jan 2024, 3:57 pm

Certainly encourage any new posters to try to fit their points in to fewer posts for sure..

Trump has certain factors going in to his favor at the moment..

1. Trump's age........While one assumes if Haley and Desantis were to unite against Trump as a ticket though their chances would be enhanced and quite favorable should they lose both are off any potential VP slot under Trump...Or any other position of power.....Trump is what 76 ?? has a crap diet and is in danger of impeachment anyway....

The Trump VP slot is enticing...Last one in has a chance of a deal with Trump.

2. VP is very enticing....Biden is tanking with Muslims over Gaza......and though they don't contribute greatly as a whole in regards to population....Michigan and Pennsylvania   are two of the States where concentration is highest.....Both swing States.

Should Biden pivot to appease them.....Then his war chest will diminish greatly.....While I think Biden has mishandled Israel I do have some sympathy for his predicament..

3. TV debates......Huge problem for the Democrats is Biden struggles to be coherent for 5 minutes how is he going to get through 3 debates ??.......Since 1976 they have been written in to the electoral cycle.......Think they may get written out this time and that brings in trouble with the Establishment media that love them and the notion of fairplay.

Certainly polls featuring Biden v opponent are meaningless before these debates....and they are still 8 months away.

You see Trump's VP slot will be very appealling.......DeSantis/Haley can beat him but would they want to take the chance ??

4. Have a great weekend.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 19 Jan 2024, 7:53 pm

5. Civic.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

JuliusHMarx and rIck_dAgless like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 21 Jan 2024, 11:22 am

You say Biden cant stay coherent for 5 minutes when Trump hasnt said a coherent thing for the better part of a decade.

Samo

navyblueshorts and lostinwales like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 21 Jan 2024, 8:51 pm

Trump got Nikki Haley and Nancy Pelosi mixed up the other day. Mind you, he also sexually assaults women and then doesn't remember meeting them, so he seems to have a problem in that general area.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 21 Jan 2024, 8:58 pm

Ron DeSantis has thrown in the towel. Slightly surprising he's done this this early - clearly the effort of campaigning in 99 counties and not winning a single one has taken it out of him.

He was briefly ahead in the race, perhaps, around November 2022-January 2023, and his star looked very ascendant after the midterms. But he collapsed very quickly as his campaign reminded everyone of Jeb in 2016.

It's a tidy boost for Trump, not that he really needs it. DeSantis has endorsed Trump and most of his vote should go to the former President.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Mon 22 Jan 2024, 8:38 am

DeSantis endorsing Trump, hmmm. I'd find it hard to stomach endorsing a candidate who openly mocked me! I guess politics is a different matter as no doubt DeSantis keeping his hopes on 4 years time so doesn't want to alienate Trump support/far right which could scupper his chances in future but just shows no prinicples.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jan 2024, 10:11 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Trump got Nikki Haley and Nancy Pelosi mixed up the other day. Mind you, he also sexually assaults women and then doesn't remember meeting them, so he seems to have a problem in that general area.

I imagine 90% of Men are sexual predators with the criteria surrounding sexual misconduct these days...I'm sure well known "Groper Biden" would agree with me..

As for being found guilty in Manhattan the most Liberal borough of New York well that was a surprise...Just like the verdict in Georgia will be..

As for New Hampshire.........The race would be dead if it was a closed primary...Trump leads 65-25 with Republicans there........

Not sure there are enough independents for Haley to overturn that....Hope not anyway.

Speaking to my brother yesterday he thinks Biden can avoid the debates by saying he doesn't want to debate with a criminal.....Whether that washes or not we will see....Pretty much acknowledged that Biden won't survive three debates.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Mon 22 Jan 2024, 10:29 am

90% of men are sexual predators?

Erm no don't think so.

mountain man

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jan 2024, 10:31 am

mountain man wrote:90% of men are sexual predators?

Erm no don't think so.

91% then.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 22 Jan 2024, 12:08 pm

mountain man wrote:DeSantis endorsing Trump, hmmm. I'd find it hard to stomach endorsing a candidate who openly mocked me! I guess politics is a different matter as no doubt DeSantis keeping his hopes on 4 years time so doesn't want to alienate Trump support/far right which could scupper his chances in future but just shows no prinicples.

DeSantis' platform is very similar to Trump's, so I can see why he'd endorse Trump over Haley, especially with Trump looking overwhelmingly likely to carry the nomination. DeSantis' whole pitch was him bringing Trumpism without the baggage of Trump himself. DeSantis failed to realise that you also need campaigning ability and big energy.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jan 2024, 12:23 pm

Duty281 wrote:
mountain man wrote:DeSantis endorsing Trump, hmmm. I'd find it hard to stomach endorsing a candidate who openly mocked me! I guess politics is a different matter as no doubt DeSantis keeping his hopes on 4 years time so doesn't want to alienate Trump support/far right which could scupper his chances in future but just shows no prinicples.

DeSantis' platform is very similar to Trump's, so I can see why he'd endorse Trump over Haley, especially with Trump looking overwhelmingly likely to carry the nomination. DeSantis' whole pitch was him bringing Trumpism without the baggage of Trump himself. DeSantis failed to realise that you also need campaigning ability and big energy.

Only one reason he is endorsing Trump.....and its the same reason he'd be endorsing Haley if she was ahead.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jan 2024, 1:07 pm

If you look at elections in the US over the last 100 years generally you will find the most charismatic politician wins....generally.

Only Nixon who basically was a shoo in after the Vietnam disaster and Coolidge who was VP and ascended when one of the thickest and most corrupt Presidents in history Warren Harding died while being read a bedtime story by his Wife (Harding was asked if he had many skeletons in his closet when being told he was probably going to be nominee in 1920...He replied with a request to have 24 hours so he could remember them all)

Maybe Bush v Dukakis....McKinley v Cleveland are questionable..Can't remember who Hoover beat !!

Biden.....Bush..Obama....Carter....Reagan.....LBJ...Truman....Trump.....Kennedy....Eisenhower.....Clnton...Roosevelt x 2......Cleveland... all were more charismatic than their opponents or equally so...

DeSantis didn't have much going for him........Stiff.

Not sure Trump like with Christie will have to reward him either........Might have to give Haley something.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 23 Jan 2024, 9:11 am

The New Hampshire primary is today. Haley's last chance, in all probability.

Unfortunately for her, after a brief bit of excitement with the polls, it appears Trump is on course for another resounding win. The latest polls are putting Trump up by 22%, 18%, 27%, 16%, 19%, 16%, and 11%. Even the American Research Group, once polling a tie, is now forecasting a Trump lead, albeit by just 2% (in a poll that has DeSantis on 6%).

Trump is currently 1/33 to win NH on Betfair. So it would be a monumental shock if Haley were to win.

If Trump does win tonight the race is surely all over (barring legal/health issues) and it'll only be a matter of time before Haley joins DeSantis and Ramaswamy in dropping out. The South Carolina (Haley's home state) primary is in a month's time, and she probably wants to avoid a humiliation in her own territory.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jan 2024, 11:19 am

Duty281 wrote:The New Hampshire primary is today. Haley's last chance, in all probability.

Unfortunately for her, after a brief bit of excitement with the polls, it appears Trump is on course for another resounding win. The latest polls are putting Trump up by 22%, 18%, 27%, 16%, 19%, 16%, and 11%. Even the American Research Group, once polling a tie, is now forecasting a Trump lead, albeit by just 2% (in a poll that has DeSantis on 6%).

Trump is currently 1/33 to win NH on Betfair. So it would be a monumental shock if Haley were to win.

If Trump does win tonight the race is surely all over (barring legal/health issues) and it'll only be a matter of time before Haley joins DeSantis and Ramaswamy in dropping out. The South Carolina (Haley's home state) primary is in a month's time, and she probably wants to avoid a humiliation in her own territory.

Like I said wait until the dust settles on Iowa..........People like to back winners....

South Carolina is a month away and the last poll had Trump 39% up in her home state which is quite disastrous.

Still weird things happen in NH.........Independents may turnout in record numbers...some Trump supporters who think it's over may not bother turning up...

Who knows..........After all Thomas Dewey took the Presidency of Truman in 1948 according to the Chicago Tribune first edition.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 24 Jan 2024, 8:48 am

Trump wins, but not as big a margin as most of the polling companies were indicating.

He appears to have won by 11.5%. If DeSantis and Ramaswamy had stayed in, Haley might have nicked it...

All over bar the shouting now, though Haley has signaled her intention to remain in the race. The next main event is SC in a month's time, where Trump had a 30% lead in the last poll conducted at the start of January.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Wed 24 Jan 2024, 8:53 am

It's surely a done deal Trump will get nomination and we get to see play out a bitter, attack driven campaign between Trump and Biden.

Oh joy....

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 24 Jan 2024, 10:26 am

Duty281 wrote:Trump wins, but not as big a margin as most of the polling companies were indicating.

He appears to have won by 11.5%. If DeSantis and Ramaswamy had stayed in, Haley might have nicked it...

All over bar the shouting now, though Haley has signaled her intention to remain in the race. The next main event is SC in a month's time, where Trump had a 30% lead in the last poll conducted at the start of January.
Which kind of suggests how stupid the system is. I'm sure TRUSS could let us know, but I wonder what the polls suggest in terms of a Trump vs. Biden likelihood of success cf. a Haley vs. Biden likelihood. If Haley looks a more likely winner, it would seem stupid in the extreme to have Trump as the Republican candidate, but they've shown themselves to be so wet and craven, it'd be no surprise if it's a Trump rubber stamping exercise.

It's interesting. Trump's an awful individual (he couldn't even speak w/ grace last night after his win and adopted the approach of the pathetic bully, again), but whatever anyone thinks of him, his popularity reflects an apparent genuine interest in his sickening approach from many Americans. What a beacon of light they are. Still, idols are often made of clay.

Last edited by navyblueshorts on Wed 24 Jan 2024, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 24 Jan 2024, 10:35 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Trump wins, but not as big a margin as most of the polling companies were indicating.

Which kind of suggests how stupid the system is. I'm sure TRUSS could let us know, but I wonder what the polls suggest in terms of a Trump vs. Biden likelihood of success cf. a Haley vs. Biden likelihood. If Haley looks a more likely winner, it would seem stupid in the extreme to have Trump as the Republican candidate, but they've shown themselves to be so wet and craven, it'd be no surprise if it's a Trump rubber stamping exercise.

It's interesting. Trump's an awful individual (he couldn't even speak w/ grace last night after his wind and adopted the approach of the pathetic bully, again), but whatever anyone thinks of him, his popularity reflects an apparent genuine interest in his sickening approach from many Americans. What a beacon of light they are. Still, idols are often made of clay.

Polling appears to be better for Trump against Biden than Haley against Biden. The RealClearPolitics average has Trump leading Biden by 2.9%, while Haley's lead over Biden is 1.1%.

But there's less polling data around Haley, plus it's a bit too far out to be useful at this point.

I do think Trump has a better chance of beating Biden than Haley does. Trump, for better or for worse, fires up his base of voters and drives a good turnout. I'm not sure Haley can do the same.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 31 Jan 2024, 5:19 pm

Morning Consult have spewed out some polls from the key states for Trump v Biden.

Trump leading by 3% in Arizona, 8% in Georgia, 5% in Michigan, 8% in Nevada, 10% in North Carolina, 3% in Pennsylvania, and 5% in Wisconsin.

These leads generally have a minor increase when Kennedy is on the ballot. If Kennedy had been on the ballot in 2020 and posted his current numbers, Trump would have won, which shows the potentially pivotal effect that Kennedy could have on the 2024 election if he stays in the race until November.

Winning those states would see Trump win by 312-226 on the EC, presuming he holds the likes of Ohio and Florida which are currently deemed to be fairly safe Republican.

It's a very solid position for Trump and shows how much work Biden has to do to retain the Presidency, with about 40 weeks to go. Trump is in a better position at this stage of the race than he was at the comparative point in both 2016 and 2020. This can be credited, at least in part, to Trump currently campaigning, while his opponent is not in campaign mode (unlike the previous two elections).

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 01 Feb 2024, 11:24 am

Duty281 wrote:

It's a very solid position for Trump and shows how much work Biden has to do to retain the Presidency, with about 40 weeks to go. Trump is in a better position at this stage of the race than he was at the comparative point in both 2016 and 2020. This can be credited, at least in part, to Trump currently campaigning, while his opponent is not in campaign mode (unlike the previous two elections).

Bernie Sanders beat Joe Biden in the New Hampshire primary in 2020 around this time.....So Trump would have been in a bettter position in 2020..I imagine.....

Anyways it's off to Nevada in a few days.......They have a Primary and a Caucus two days later.......Last polls showed Trump with a big lead and even if Haley wins the Primary she isn't on the Caucus candidate sheet which disqualifies her from delegates....26 of them.

Trump will be probably 40 or so ahead this time next week and is likely to win SC.....

With Super Tuesday approaching and 5 out of 14 declaring being Southern States like delegate rich Texas...It's neighbor Oklahoma, red neck Alabama, Tennessee and Virginia in Trump's pocket before we examine the rest....It's a struggle to see Haley staying in even if she gets there..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 02 Feb 2024, 2:42 pm

Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

It's interesting. Trump's an awful individual (he couldn't even speak w/ grace last night after his wind and adopted the approach of the pathetic bully, again), but whatever anyone thinks of him, his popularity reflects an apparent genuine interest in his sickening approach from many Americans. What a beacon of light they are. Still, idols are often made of clay.

Polling appears to be better for Trump against Biden than Haley against Biden. The RealClearPolitics average has Trump leading Biden by 2.9%, while Haley's lead over Biden is 1.1%.

But there's less polling data around Haley, plus it's a bit too far out to be useful at this point.

I do think Trump has a better chance of beating Biden than Haley does. Trump, for better or for worse, fires up his base of voters and drives a good turnout. I'm not sure Haley can do the same.

Working out who has a better chance for the Republicans isn't helped by polling like this:

CNN's polling says (nationally) Trump leads Biden by 4%, but Haley leads Biden by 13% (!). But Yahoo News' polling reckons Trump has a 1% lead, while Haley trails Biden by 5%.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 02 Feb 2024, 8:47 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Working out who has a better chance for the Republicans isn't helped by polling like this:

CNN's polling says (nationally) Trump leads Biden by 4%, but Haley leads Biden by 13% (!). But Yahoo News' polling reckons Trump has a 1% lead, while Haley trails Biden by 5%.

Bellwether polling is more constructive....

Wisconsin
Trump 42
Biden 39

Biden 37
Haley 28

Georgia
Trump 45
Biden 37

Biden 35
Haley 29

CNN is just 24 hours each day of Trump hate.....Best to ignore.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 06 Feb 2024, 5:04 pm

Hahahaha. I know it'll go to the SC, but:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-68023315
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Feb 2024, 3:32 pm

Nikki Haley loses to none of the "above" in Nevada.......In a poll that Montgomery Brewster would be proud of...

She is going to need his millions very soon..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 07 Feb 2024, 4:21 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Nikki Haley loses to none of the "above" in Nevada.......In a poll that Montgomery Brewster would be proud of...

She is going to need his millions very soon..

All elections should have a 'none of the above' more often I reckon. There should be a way to express dissatisfaction w/ candidates w/o spoiling a ballot.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 07 Feb 2024, 6:52 pm

Trump wasn't on the ballot for that Nevada vote, except as the 'none of the above' option, which crushed Haley again.

She's only staying in in case Trump ends up dropping out/forced out due to his legal troubles.

But the longer the race goes on the more humiliating it gets for Haley with these heavy defeats.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 07 Feb 2024, 7:09 pm

Biden's telling stories of talking to Mitterrand in 2021, and Trump is asking people if he looks like Elvis.

Sounds like parody, but it's the reality of the two choices for American President.

I think Biden's stories are more entertaining.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Feb 2024, 11:11 am

NBC poll has Trump 20 points ahead of Biden on the economy....Which is alarming for the "It's the economy stupid" brigade and quite surprising given inflation is falling and the Job market growing...

But perception is 9/10 of the law..

Trump has big leads on immigration which is becoming a bigger issue all the time......and Biden's poll rating of 37% approval is in losing-by-landslide territory.

Early days in the cycle but Trump was 45% at the same point 4 years ago.

I see Haley is staying in and campaigning in California for super Tuesday..........The Southern States all looking a waste of time.....Delegate rich but milder GOP-types in California are her only hope......If you get more than 50% of the vote state wide you get the lot......all 169.......She will be 50 down by Super Tuesday.

That's the good news..

Trump 77%
Haley..19%......In the Golden state.

Is the bad..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 08 Feb 2024, 12:45 pm

Guess the Dems will have to work very hard on the economy message.

Might be me, but often seems to be the case that right wing parties stuff an economy up, leaving it to be picked up by the 'socialists', which if it then happens, the credit is stolen by the next right-of-centre administration. If right wing administrations do any good economically, they always overdo it (i.e. don't ensure increased wealth is distributed and/or taxed/invested etc), causing a car crash to which a centralist/left-of-centre administration has to administer CPR.

Not just an issue in the U.S.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Feb 2024, 1:27 pm

super Tuesday polls......South..

Oklahoma
Trump 88
Haley..11.............43 proportionally shared delegates.

Alabama
Trump 87
Haley..12.............50 proportional...

Texas
Trump 84
Haley 15..............161 winner takes all if reach 50% statewide..

Tennessee
Trump 81
Haley 18..............31 proportional

Virginia
Trump 78
Haley 19..............48 proportional....

Haley is doing better up North.........But you can see her problem.....

I can't see a road...... can't see Trump being kicked off either..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 08 Feb 2024, 9:35 pm

Report into Biden released.

Finds Biden willfully retained and disclosed classified materials, but he is not guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

The report also shows that Biden couldn't remember when he was Vice President, couldn't remember within several years of when his son died, and forgot the nature of classified documents when reading them aloud to his ghostwriter.

Biden's not fit to be President.

If the Democrats could find some 40/50 something, halfway competent, with some positive ideas, then they'd walk the election. Instead they're plugging on with the most unpopular President ever seen. Madness.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Thu 08 Feb 2024, 10:32 pm

Duty281 wrote:...  Biden .... the most unpopular President ever seen ....
2020 US Presidential Election:  Joe Biden: 81,283,501 votes

Surpassing Barack Obama's record of 69.5 million votes from 2008.  Biden received more than 81 million votes, the most votes ever cast for a candidate in a U.S. presidential election.

Joe Biden was the most popular candidate for President ever and by a significant margin given the number of people that voted for him.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Fri 09 Feb 2024, 8:49 am

Duty281 wrote:Report into Biden released.

Finds Biden willfully retained and disclosed classified materials, but he is not guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

The report also shows that Biden couldn't remember when he was Vice President, couldn't remember within several years of when his son died, and forgot the nature of classified documents when reading them aloud to his ghostwriter.

If the Democrats could find some 40/50 something, halfway competent, with some positive ideas, then they'd walk the election. Instead they're plugging on with the most unpopular President ever seen. Madness.

Yep that's what I think, he is also increasingly physically frail. He looks like to has to concentrate hard just to walk properly but the mental decline by far biggest issue.

mountain man

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 09 Feb 2024, 8:52 am

No name Bertie wrote:
Duty281 wrote:...  Biden .... the most unpopular President ever seen ....
2020 US Presidential Election:  Joe Biden: 81,283,501 votes

Surpassing Barack Obama's record of 69.5 million votes from 2008.  Biden received more than 81 million votes, the most votes ever cast for a candidate in a U.S. presidential election.

Joe Biden was the most popular candidate for President ever and by a significant margin given the number of people that voted for him.

I was actually referring to Biden's very low approval rating, which is currently about 8% lower (Fivethirtyeight) than Trump's at the same stage of his Presidency.

Most of Biden's votes in 2020 were from people who were primarily concerned with getting Trump out, not out of any particular love for Biden.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 09 Feb 2024, 8:56 am

mountain man wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Report into Biden released.

Yep that's what I think, he is also increasingly physically frail. He looks like to has to concentrate hard just to walk properly but the mental decline by far biggest issue.

Indeed. Couldn't make it up either, but when Biden did a briefing yesterday to defend himself against criticisms of his memory, he managed to call the President of Egypt, Sisi, the President of Mexico.

Can't imagine what Biden will be like in four years, if he wins again in November.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 09 Feb 2024, 9:45 am

Aside from the fact that there's an increasing amount of blatant age discrimination entering the general conversation around Biden, whether the substance of that report re. classified document retention is true, or not, the idea that Hur thinks it's even remotely appropriate to talk about Biden's memory in the way he apparently has is a joke. It's so far outside his remit, it's ridiculous.

While not wanting to ignore all of what's apparently included, I think it's reasonable to ask why a Trump appointed DoJ Special Counsel just coincidentally includes incendiary comment re. Biden's apparent memory lapses in his report, knowing full well that Biden's age/memory are a known target for the Republicans. Hmm....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 09 Feb 2024, 10:02 am

navyblueshorts wrote:Aside from the fact that there's an increasing amount of blatant age discrimination entering the general conversation around Biden, whether the substance of that report re. classified document retention is true, or not, the idea that Hur thinks it's even remotely appropriate to talk about Biden's memory in the way he apparently has is a joke. It's so far outside his remit, it's ridiculous.

While not wanting to ignore all of what's apparently included, I think it's reasonable to ask why a Trump appointed DoJ Special Counsel just coincidentally includes incendiary comment re. Biden's apparent memory lapses in his report, knowing full well that Biden's age/memory are a known target for the Republicans. Hmm....

Age discrimination?! Yes, a man in his 80s with severe memory lapses, who invents stories of conversations with people who have long been dead, shouldn't be President of the USA. If that's age discrimination, sign me up.

Biden's memory was brought up as a reason for not finding him guilty e.g. "In a case where the government must prove that Mr. Biden knew he had possession of the classified Afghanistan documents after the vice presidency and chose to keep those documents, knowing he was violating the law, we expect that at trial, his attorneys would emphasize these limitations in his recall."

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 09 Feb 2024, 11:18 am

On the other hand we have a man in his late 70s who, in a grand delusion, actually believes the last election was rigged, and who mistook Nikki Haley for Nancy Pelosi.

I find it astonishing and sad that anyone thinks either one is fit to be President.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 09 Feb 2024, 11:35 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:On the other hand we have a man in his late 70s who, in a grand delusion, actually believes the last election was rigged, and who mistook Nikki Haley for Nancy Pelosi.

I find it astonishing and sad that anyone thinks either one is fit to be President.

Agreed. It's a terrible situation for the American people.

Trump is as bad as Biden these days.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Feb 2024, 11:58 am

Duty281 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:On the other hand we have a man in his late 70s who, in a grand delusion, actually believes the last election was rigged, and who mistook Nikki Haley for Nancy Pelosi.

No he isn't........Biden can't remember being vice president or when his Son died.....

As for fitness to be President.......Considering there has been....Harding....Nixon....Fillmore....Clinton........Bush jr.......Tyler....Buchanan....in the role of President..

No one should be disqualified..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Feb 2024, 12:22 pm

They nearly ran out of ballots for the Nevada Caucus.........Even though it was a formality people were queuing and queuing to get in and join the play..

Trump won the Virgin Islands caucus too last night 74% - 26%

26 + 4 more delegates in the pot..... Trump 62 v 17 Haley...............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 09 Feb 2024, 1:16 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

No he isn't........Biden can't remember being vice president or when his Son died.....

As for fitness to be President.......Considering there has been....Harding....Nixon....Fillmore....Clinton........Bush jr.......Tyler....Buchanan....in the role of President..

Unless you are under 35.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Fri 09 Feb 2024, 1:21 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:Aside from the fact that there's an increasing amount of blatant age discrimination entering the general conversation around Biden, whether the substance of that report re. classified document retention is true, or not, the idea that Hur thinks it's even remotely appropriate to talk about Biden's memory in the way he apparently has is a joke. It's so far outside his remit, it's ridiculous.

Nothing to do with age discrimination! It's fact there have been so many recorded incidents where he gets confused, doesn't know what's going on etc etc. If he was 60 I'd say the same.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 09 Feb 2024, 1:52 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Unless you are under 35.

Blatant age discrimination.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 09 Feb 2024, 2:39 pm

Talk again of Biden retiring and Michelle Obama the darling of the liberal media becoming the candidate......

No doubt she wins and she would be welcome as a new poll has Biden's rating at minus 33..Considering Nixon was at minus 40 when he was resigning over watergate it is quite sobering.

But try telling Kamala Harris to step out of the way..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 09 Feb 2024, 2:56 pm

Duty281 wrote:

Age discrimination?! Yes, a man in his 80s with severe memory lapses, who invents stories of conversations with people who have long been dead, shouldn't be President of the USA. If that's age discrimination, sign me up.

Biden's memory was brought up as a reason for not finding him guilty e.g. "In a case where the government must prove that Mr. Biden knew he had possession of the classified Afghanistan documents after the vice presidency and chose to keep those documents, knowing he was violating the law, we expect that at trial, his attorneys would emphasize these limitations in his recall."
I didn't think you'd get the age discrimination comment. No matter though.

Given the nature of the Special Counsel (whom I accept could actually be scrupulously professional no matter how he was appointed), I'll defer judgement on whether Biden behaved as he did until I hear verbatim recordings and/or confirmation from a reliable witness, if it's OK with you.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next