The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homepage

+10
Driver
LukeLovesLuka
Fluxy
SirJohnnyEnglish
prop_lyd
stnick88
Sgt_Pooly
dammit_chris
Steven_Sharks
Ozzy3213
14 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Homepage - Page 4 Empty Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:12 am

First topic message reminder :

Homepage - Page 4 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Sale Sharks go into the top 4 for the first time this season after beating Worcester Warriors at home.

Homepage - Page 4 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

POS Aviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOST P F P A P D T F T A TBP LBP POINTS
1 Homepage - Page 4 4Leicester Tigers12110 1 305 248 +57 33 22 0 1 45
2 Homepage - Page 4 7Harlequins1290 3 304 276 +28 33 28 1 3 40
3 Homepage - Page 4 8Newcastle Falcons1290 3 302 270 +32 31 22 0 3 39
4 Homepage - Page 4 12Sale Sharks12 7 0 5 304 280 +24 33 27 1 5 34
5 Homepage - Page 4 9Northampton Saints1261 5 311 284 +27 34 28 2 5 33
6 Homepage - Page 4 5London Irish126 0 6 301 293 +8 32 30 2 6 32
7 Homepage - Page 4 2Gloucester1260 6 289 290 -1 31 31 0 4 28
8 Homepage - Page 4 50London Welsh12 5 1 6 273 266 +7 28 24 0 6 28
9 Homepage - Page 4 1Bath Rugby1250 7 277 293 -16 25 32 0 5 25
10 Homepage - Page 4 6London Wasps 1220 10 247 294 -47 21 33 0 8 16
11 Homepage - Page 4 57Worcester Warriors1221 9 252 308 -56 21 33 0 4 14
12 Homepage - Page 4 11Saracens1221 9 248 311 -63 21 34 0 414

Welcome to Season 5 of the Aviva Premiership fantasty rugby game. Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to. If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (Ozzy3213) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players. If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (me) will remove players at it’s discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the matchday 22's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make up of your squad.

Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have a listed senior academy squad of 20 players. Players who are in the senior academy must be under 22 years of age as of 1st September 2012 (therefore must have been born on or after 1st Septmber 1990). Players who are under the age of 20 (so born after 1st September 1992) AND are in the academy of the club that you are managing in real life, DO NOT need to be listed as senior academy players as part of your 20, but are available to you in this game and cannot be poached by other clubs without paying you a fee.

Should a player not listed in your 20 senior academy players, but part of the clubs academy in real life move clubs in real life, then you will have first option of promoting him to your listed senior academy. If you choose not to take this option he will become property of the club that he moves to in real life in this game.

Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.

• Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 3 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the Championship/National League bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on it's own merits before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

• Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

Foreign transfers will unlimited during the off season and 2 during the season. The exact dates of the two transfer windows during the season is to be confirmed.

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

If a released player plays in real life for a team outside of this game he will be deemed to have returned to that team. If not then he will be deemed to have signed for a Championship side. If another manager wants to pick a released player up, they will have to bid for him in the same way as for a foreign or Championship/National League player.

Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players. Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.

Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches. These games will take place once a week. A thread will be put up for managers to name their teams on Thursdays, then on Fridays, managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved). An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

At least 10 England qualified players in your matchday 23, and at least 5 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in forfeiting the match and a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.

Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point for a first offence, two for a second offence and so on.

Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£1.5m for descriptive predictions
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (ozzy3213) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Homepage - Page 4 Empty Re: Homepage

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:51 am

Could work with Ouedrago or Todd.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:56 am

Can I have a bit of advice on my back 3.

Morahan or Taylor at 15? Who are my best two wingers or what would be my best back 3 excluding Kearney?

Wing options

Guildford, Huget, Biggs, Ngwenya, JJ (at a push), Morahan

full backs

Morahan, Taylor, Guildford, Huget

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:59 am

11.Guildford
14.Huget
15.Taylor
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:00 am

Taylor stronger at FB for me had a very good year this year in the SUper 15.

If EQ isn't an issue then Guildford & Huget wings and Taylor FB would do some serious damage. If not Biggs in for either Guildford/Huget. DOn't think theres a lot between the two of them thumbsup

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:01 am

Morahan your safe FB, Taylor your speedster (dry/wet???)

I'd prob go Biggs/Huget on the wings. Guildford not played well for a while and Huget has been in good nick in T14, Biggs gives you a steady EQ.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:03 am

Lads, I could do with a 13 please eq or non eq!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:08 am

Adam Ashley Cooper for the right deal Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:08 am

Thanks a lot.

I can get away without EQ in the back 3 whilst Fritz is injured. In the wet I'd be loathed to play Taylor and Biggs in the same back 3. Ngwenya can stay in the changing room till the spring. Would love to see him Biggs and Taylor in the same back 3 on hard ground.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:34 am

Tulou fine carrier I lost out to SJE to him. Great Backrow montpelier. Everybody watches out for gorgodze and it allow tuloh to flourish.

Excellent hands tuloh. Great pack montpelier to be fair.

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:45 am

I was very impressed by Montpellier's number 6 whoever he was.....

To be fair with Hamilton (likely next season) going to them their pack will be very hard to beat.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:29 am

Hamilton a huge loss prop. Shows how much faith they have in stookes and savage. Think we will miss Hamilton more than any other player

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:31 am

Yeah we'll really miss him, don't know much about this Tongan lad we've just signed............wonder if we'll go for Garvey/Kennedy/Atwood
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:48 am

Not sure I know we go crazy for stookes but he keeps picking up injuries. Attwood not welcome back and Kennedy not great for me.

Hope the Tongan fits in he has good pedigree

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:52 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Morahan your safe FB, Taylor your speedster (dry/wet???)

I'd prob go Biggs/Huget on the wings. Guildford not played well for a while and Huget has been in good nick in T14, Biggs gives you a steady EQ.

Guilfdford every day. Had a fantastic season for Canterbury and was on edge of Ab's squad. Personally I think he is my best winger and now over his alcohol issue will be back in AB's. Most rugby intelligent winger out there. Think he has more talent than any other int winger. Wish he was English he runs such support lines

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:58 am

kennedy is no replacement for hamilton. hamilton bullies other teams. kennedy quite the opposite. he is a great lineout player though and handy in the loose. was always one of irish's top tacklers.

cant see garvey going to glos. think he will stay at irish. be gutted if he did.

of all our players, he is the one we need to pull all stops out to keep.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:05 am

Exactly nick. Hamilton is our dog who puts it about and is a wrecking ball. We don't really need garvey although would like him

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 am

anonmattyt wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:Morahan your safe FB, Taylor your speedster (dry/wet???)

Guilfdford every day. Had a fantastic season for Canterbury and was on edge of Ab's squad. Personally I think he is my best winger and now over his alcohol issue will be back in AB's. Most rugby intelligent winger out there. Think he has more talent than any other int winger. Wish he was English he runs such support lines

Bonus of loaning a player, the other manager always rates his own player higher than others

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:44 am

I think wing wise Sh kills us. Can't think of one NH winger who would get in Sh team save for maybe clerc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:37 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWhGtoi8BOU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's why Bakkies is maybe best 2nd row of all time. Such an athlete. Ngwenya looks shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:28 pm

Just to let you all know I am away over the weekend so won't be able to do results until Monday evening when I am back home. I am happy enough if somebody wants to do the results after 8pm on Saturday.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:41 pm

I'll be around Sat nite or Sunday morning so will knock them up Pete thumbsup

Interested on getting an idea on how a few of my players would be rated and when I could get away with playing them. Any opinions on the following would be greatly appreciated:

Iain Henderson
Matt Kvesic
Alex Tulou
Gael Fickou
Will Addison
Sam Smith

What do you fella's think of these guys?

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:44 pm

couldnt rate henderson dont know much about him

Kvesic is a good prospect but against top players might struggle

Tulou would be good with the right backrow

Fickou is a good prospect wouldnt mark you down

Addison and smith same as kvesic, although probably rated a little lower than kvesic

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:55 pm

Would agree with Nick, though from what I've seen of Henderson he looks very, very good already.

Fickou obviously a good player, but at 18/19 I think he would struggle against the world class players in the game like Nonu.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:01 am

Henderson and Kvesic ok for me Johnny although depends on opp.
Henderson better than Kvesic

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:02 am

Depends.completely on opponents mate. Henderson a fine player and best of bunch youve mentioned. Addison potential to be top though. Not a huge fan of Sam Smith

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:03 am

Apologies tulou the best of them.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:09 am

Henderson decent. Very rated. Need to see him at a higher level but looks real deal

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:18 am

Cheers guys just trying to work out a few options. Was never sure how Tulou would be rated but keen to get him involved more now. Been very impressed with Kvesic this season stepped it up a level at Worcester so far. Looks like he will be moving on with Sarries & Tigers interested so hoping he can do a job as an EQ starter soon enough

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:24 am

think he will be noticed more at tigers or sarries. warriors becoming a steady team now though. good pack and he is a big part of it.

suprised if he goes sarries, especially if he wants to play 7 as they have fraser and saull and burger!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:42 am

On form this year I'd take him over both Saull and Fraser but I'd say Tigers is his best bet long term. Only Salvi ahead of him at 7. And would get plenty of time at 6 as well with Croft injured/away with England

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:45 am

I havent seen much of Fraser but he has been getting good reviews from the pundits. I dont tend to watch Sarries much, bore me.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:56 am

Worcester 8 great also and Percival a monster at 4. Rumours he wil be at glos next year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:42 am

Fraser looks good, destroyed Saull's chance of England dream, however far fetched it was.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:44 am

Anyone seen anything on burgers return? Sure he was due back in December.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:53 am

Think I have as much chance as plying for England as Saull does

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:02 am

Saull getting better every game. Will start every game soon. Always said he will be England 7. Took Neil back years to get picked. Fraser is a sheet kicker who does a job. Every team needs one now we are in the days of having big squads.

LLL burger not being around until feb of you mean schalk burger? Burger for
Saracens back in contact training last week.

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:18 am

Yeh Jacques at Sarries. Cheers mate, had not seen that.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:20 am

Saull won't play for England

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:27 am

He will pooly. Keep the faith!!jaques burger been doing cv for months. Said expects to appear in a game mid January. Will play some academy and lower league to get contact

Interviewed on espn a few weeks ago. He is a better 6 than 7. Far better than brown who has has one good season when beatties carrying made him and Barclay.

Jaques a serious player.

To be fair when beattie was on form he made stroks brown and Barclay better players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:30 am

It's that old thing about units, and the whole being more than the sum of it's parts. Brown, Barclay and Beattie all good players, but as a unit just clicked and there were fantastic. As soon as one got injured and wasn't there, the other two were just good players again.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:37 am

So true bit front foot ball means everything.beattie would drive over gain line and make next play easier

When they played brown at 8 it was like playing borthick there. Neither can carry.

Denton great but for me a 6 more than 8. Like Barclay and rennie but they need an 8.

Scotland and brown as captain Reminds me of England when we picked deglanville as captain.

We had much better players and he would never be first name on sheet so
why make him captain

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:54 am

Fraser is better than saull, Fraser start all the big games. Pundits raving about him this season.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:24 am

We wil see Nick. Saull coming back of massive injury did not expect him to feature until feb march if he is not selected then we have our answer.

Where did you see Jj moving on not seen it anywhere. Glos resigned
May today biggest signing of our season can't see it happening in 3 years time

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:45 am

Fraser fits the Sarries game style very well, but do prefer Saull as a no7 and when back to full fitness I see him as in top 2 English out and out no7s in the AP.

Have Salvi as best no7, every time he plays for Tigers he seems to be motm, had a great game against Treviso at the weekend. The style of player that England miss, though Poff and Qera also very good.

Just miss Tom Rees - sigh.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:02 am

Here's the answer to Hartley's ban;

http://planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_8330109,00.html

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:02 am

just speaking to people matt.

its not confirmed its just expected that him and corbs wont resign. we could well be in championship next year, him and corbs wont take that risk.

a lot of players out of contract for us. i went to the chelsea v fulham game with bryn evans a couple of weeks ago but couldnt get any info on who is leaving/staying. though a lot of players will decide in january when they can wait to talk to other clubs and see what happens.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:41 am

Saull is garbage, offers next to nothing. He will never play for England, more chance Burger playing

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:42 am

As Pete and i said 2 weeks it is. Nick it's amazing how uninformed players are. No surprise Evans knew nowt.

Being a pro it's all about yourself.

All signings and oh decisions involve money men and coaches. I know a few glos players well ie hazell and more so bucko. Hear all about other players and team but generally poor re comings and goings.

Saw Shaun knight last week and know the family well( him very little)He was surprised by Hamilton leaving !!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:44 am

Why do so
Many coaches rate saull ?

Corbs would be worth a fortune to French clubs. Jj should stay and
Learn his trade.

Irish in similar position to glos ie broke. Apparently few for Hamilton covers may renewing contract

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:53 am

At least with Saull 2/3rd choice at Sarries we don't have to listen to Sanderson bigging him up on ESPN. He's not mentioned him this season!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next