The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homepage

+8
Driver
Steven_Sharks
Sgt_Pooly
dammit_chris
SirJohnnyEnglish
stnick88
Fluxy
Ozzy3213
12 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Homepage - Page 6 Empty Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 10 May 2013, 1:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Homepage - Page 6 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Tigers play Harlequins in the play off final at Twickenham.

Homepage - Page 6 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

POS Aviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOST P F P A P D T F T A TBP LBP POINTS
1 Homepage - Page 6 4Leicester Tigers22181 3 572 483 +89 64 45 2 3 79
2 Homepage - Page 6 7Harlequins22160 6 584 525 +59 64 52 4 5 73
3 Homepage - Page 6 8Newcastle Falcons22141 7 564 509 +55 60 48 2 7 67
4 Homepage - Page 6 2Gloucester22140 8 570 522 +48 66 54 4 5 65
5 Homepage - Page 6 12Sale Sharks22 13 0 9 568 533 +35 62 55 3 9 64
6 Homepage - Page 6 5London Irish2211 0 11 555 547 +8 59 56 3 10 57
7 Homepage - Page 6 9Northampton Saints22111 10 552 545 +7 57 57 2 8 56
8 Homepage - Page 6 50London Welsh22 9 3 10 520 510 +10 56 51 0 10 52
9 Homepage - Page 6 1Bath Rugby2290 13 509 545 -36 48 59 0 9 45
10 Homepage - Page 6 11Saracens2261 15 463 550 -87 42 59 0 733
11 Homepage - Page 6 57Worcester Warriors2241 17 478 541 -63 42 60 1 11 30
12 Homepage - Page 6 6London Wasps 2230 19 444 569 -125 40 64 0 14 26

Welcome to Season 5 of the Aviva Premiership fantasty rugby game. Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to. If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (Ozzy3213) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players. If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (me) will remove players at it’s discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the matchday 22's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make up of your squad.

Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have a listed senior academy squad of 20 players. Players who are in the senior academy must be under 22 years of age as of 1st September 2012 (therefore must have been born on or after 1st Septmber 1990). Players who are under the age of 20 (so born after 1st September 1992) AND are in the academy of the club that you are managing in real life, DO NOT need to be listed as senior academy players as part of your 20, but are available to you in this game and cannot be poached by other clubs without paying you a fee.

Should a player not listed in your 20 senior academy players, but part of the clubs academy in real life move clubs in real life, then you will have first option of promoting him to your listed senior academy. If you choose not to take this option he will become property of the club that he moves to in real life in this game.

Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.

• Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 3 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the Championship/National League bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on it's own merits before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

• Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

Foreign transfers will unlimited during the off season and 2 during the season. The exact dates of the two transfer windows during the season is to be confirmed.

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

If a released player plays in real life for a team outside of this game he will be deemed to have returned to that team. If not then he will be deemed to have signed for a Championship side. If another manager wants to pick a released player up, they will have to bid for him in the same way as for a foreign or Championship/National League player.

Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players. Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.

Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches. These games will take place once a week. A thread will be put up for managers to name their teams on Thursdays, then on Fridays, managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved). An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

At least 10 England qualified players in your matchday 23, and at least 5 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in forfeiting the match and a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.

Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point for a first offence, two for a second offence and so on.

Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£1.5m for descriptive predictions
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (ozzy3213) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Homepage - Page 6 Empty Re: Homepage

Post by dammit_chris Sun 19 May 2013, 10:07 am

Mad not to get Cooper in there straight away, but then again he should never have slated the Aussie coaching set up in public like he did. Guess you can't really have someone like that in a squad.

Can't see their forward pack matching the Lions one, would even go so far as to say that the only guy that would make the Lions pack is Hooper - so only way they will win is by being creative, scoring tries and having match winners in the team, like Cooper...

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 19 May 2013, 10:14 am

anonmattyt wrote:Apparently there are 6 spots open so he may have a chance. They will probably play Barnes although I prefer him at 12

Deans has stated he fancies JOC at 10 apparently

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 10:24 am

I hope they do pick JOC and we can run through his channel at will. I would be super happy if they picked JOC at 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 10:25 am

dammit_chris wrote:Mad not to get Cooper in there straight away, but then again he should never have slated the Aussie coaching set up in public like he did. Guess you can't really have someone like that in a squad.

Can't see their forward pack matching the Lions one, would even go so far as to say that the only guy that would make the Lions pack is Hooper - so only way they will win is by being creative, scoring tries and having match winners in the team, like Cooper...

Cooper has to start for me. They need to use their backs and he gets them going

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 19 May 2013, 10:26 am

Yea I'd love to see JOC more involved rather than stuck on the wing

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 19 May 2013, 10:30 am

Sounds like Deans is not impressed by Cooper hiding in defence:

But after naming Rebels playmaker James O'Connor as his preferred option, Deans said selectors were still waiting for Cooper to defend in the front line at No.10 and be more assertive in attack.

"Test rugby is another level from Super rugby and we would like to see Quade defend in the front line; we would like him to assert himself physically in the game, because that's an element you can't avoid at Test level," he said.
"It's the whole game. Assertiveness goes both ways in attack and [defence]; that's what we'd like to see particularly in that outing [between the Reds and Lions on June 8]."

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 10:40 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Yea I'd love to see JOC more involved rather than stuck on the wing

He will be a disaster at ten. Can't defend at 10. For me I would have him on the wing where his defence is pretry good.As the commentator said the other week " James o Connor is doing a pretty good impression of a turnstile in defence.

It's insanity to not pick cooper as he is in form and playing well.
Deans will go after this series I reckon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 19 May 2013, 10:51 am

Seems Deans rates him which is what counts I guess. Slating Cooper defensively doesn't suggest he's in with a shout.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 19 May 2013, 10:53 am

Aussie press seem to really go at Deans, if it wasnt a Lions year and they didnt need the continuity leading into it then he wouldnt have a job there.

Got to have a guy who plays at no10 week in week out, is that where JOC is playing now? He seems to cover every position in the backline apart from 13 atm!

Seems a bit odd not to go for the combination of Genia and Cooper, when they play week in week out together.

Foloa has got himself a starting place I think, either at 15 or the wing - guy is a freak!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 10:58 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Seems Deans rates him which is what counts I guess. Slating Cooper defensively doesn't suggest he's in with a shout.

Very true. They have defo fallen out. Even as a bench player cooper would offer something different. Can't wait for lions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 19 May 2013, 11:00 am

JOC has a test at 10 and has played there for Rebels of late.

He's the middle ground choice really. Cooper doesn't defend the 10 channel and you have to realign the backs to get him in, that's not what you need really.

Barnes is just coming back from injury and Beale is drunk.

First test?

9. Genia
10 JOC
11. Ioane
12. Leiniafano
13. AAC
14. ?
15. ?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 11:12 am

Am I right that mogg is not in the squad ?

Folau looks like he may start. Big ask. As
Good as he looks ball in hand he has some defensive frailties due to being new to the game. Gets better week on week though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 11:14 am

Barnes will start. Looked super sharp last 2 weeks. World class proven player. As good as leilifano has been they will go for Barnes.

Looks like it will be

9 Genia
10 JOC
11 cummins
12 Barnes
13 Cooper
14 ioane
15 Folau

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 19 May 2013, 11:22 am

I do like the Barnes/AAC link up, they really suit each other. Barnes plays best with a straight runner at 13

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun 19 May 2013, 3:13 pm

Tagi did it maybe its a London Irish thing! But Matt how is it any different to a prop shouting in an opposing props face and rubbing it in when he wins a penalty at a scrum. All part of the game. Just banter no harm done.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 3:34 pm

I see your point nick but in a physical game of that magnitude I thought it was wrong.

Have you seen the exchanges between Delon and Brian Moore on twitter ? Amusing stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 19 May 2013, 4:11 pm

Moore not the only one having a go at Delon!

http://www.planetrugby.co.uk/story/0,25883,3551_8722265,00.html

Lack of class there.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 19 May 2013, 6:03 pm

Thank god sense prevailed and Heaslip didn't win:

http://www.espnscrum.com/heineken-cup-2012-13/rugby/story/183043.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 20 May 2013, 8:51 am

yeh Delon has since deleted the tweets.

I cannot stand Brian Moore he is possibly a more annoying commentator than Jonathan Davies.

its all been blown out of proportion because of it being Delon. If Ashton did it, then it would be the same. However if Rougerie or Nalaga had of done it, nothing would of been made of it.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 20 May 2013, 10:21 am

Think Moore writes quite well, like in this article here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/10067254/Delon-Armitages-behaviour-was-not-in-keeping-with-the-spirit-Toulon-showed-when-winning-the-Heineken-Cup.html

But is part of an awful, awful BBC team - I only like the Scottish guy who I think has been snapped up by ESPN.

Would say though Nick I don't think any of the other players would do what Armitage did, a lot of players are now diving to score tries but I don't think I can recall any time when another player has waved like that, and then his reaction on twitter was stupid - should have ignored Moore.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 20 May 2013, 10:45 am

I've seen it been done before.

Moore and others make good points that he shouldnt have done it, but plenty of other players like Monye, Cueto etc have all said nothing wrong with it and that other people celebrate in an arrogant or cocky way and nothing gets made of it. Its just because he has this bad boy image that people love to hate.

End of the day, probably shouldnt have done it, but its a HC final, emotions are high, he is clearly delighted at scoring and its a spur of the moment thing. Its been massively blown out of proportion.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 20 May 2013, 10:53 am

Did Rokocoko not do it nearly every try? Don't see it as being any worse then the props giving a big pat on the back to the opposition after winning a penalty. Sledging is and always will be part of sport.

If it had been Fofanna/Rougerie or any body else besides Armitage nothing would have been made off it.

Last edited by SirJohnnyEnglish on Mon 20 May 2013, 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 20 May 2013, 10:54 am

Mind you Armitage was a prat to respond to Moore like he did.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 20 May 2013, 10:57 am

Agree with you Nick that it was done in spur of the moment - should have just said that he didn't mean any disrespect etc at the end, or on social media but telling Moore that he's a 'fat p rick and should go and write another s hit book' was just senseless on his part.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 20 May 2013, 3:15 pm

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_8724248,00.html

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 20 May 2013, 3:49 pm

Masoe over Picamoles stands out for me.

1/2P lucky to be in. Armitage and Byrne both had consitently good tournaments

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon 20 May 2013, 5:05 pm

guys, just so you know, I'm on holiday from Thursday afternoon so may struggle to predict till late Monday evening, on the plus side I'm off to the rabo final!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 20 May 2013, 6:08 pm

Myler and Burrell added to England squad. Goode and Tomkins out injured.

Burrell surprises me a bit. I'd prefer Tom Casson in there myself, think he is a fine player.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 20 May 2013, 6:58 pm

Interesting SL would prefer Myler to Ford

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 7:29 pm

Glad to see Goode out. May make SL see sense re having attacking fb.

Mylar the better player currently and in form

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 20 May 2013, 7:33 pm

I don't think May is solid enough to play FB, especially against Arg.

Brown/Foden will be cover now. Maybe we'll see:

11. May
14. Wade
15. Brown

Or more likely:

11. Foden
14. Strettle
15. Brown

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 7:42 pm

I did not say may to play fb ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 20 May 2013, 7:44 pm

Cheers for doing the results SJE, just back home. Will get a match thread up for the final shortly.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 20 May 2013, 7:49 pm

anonmattyt wrote:I did not say may to play fb ?

Assumed you meant May to play FB. Love to see him at 11

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 20 May 2013, 7:57 pm

Pretty sure Ford is having an op at the end of the season too - Myler has been playing really well of late, has played a big role in Saints return to form.

Looking at the Argentina squad it didnt look as if they had many European based players turning out for them.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 20 May 2013, 9:12 pm

I doubt Ford would have went anyway, his performances have hardly been AP standard never mind Int.

So much for him displacing Flood this season Chris, I'd have won that bet if you'd have took it on Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Mon 20 May 2013, 9:41 pm

I was wondering why Cipriani hasn't had his call up yet... Run

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 21 May 2013, 9:13 am

Ford looked shaky this season.

Myler is solid if unspectacular.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 21 May 2013, 9:18 am

Myler is a decent AP player, but way off international class. I pray that nothing happens to Freddie Burns, otherwise we are fecked!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 21 May 2013, 9:38 am

Congrats to Chris and Pete by the way.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 21 May 2013, 9:41 am

Did Matt not win the HC? He'll be getting fired if he doesn't watch it, a fruitless season with those resources!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 21 May 2013, 9:46 am

Cheers Nick. I got a bit lucky with most predos being in before the Heino final on Saturday I think.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 21 May 2013, 9:48 am

probably helped a bit Pete but still think you would of won.

One more game than the transfers will pick up I reckon.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2013, 1:36 am

Chaps off to USA for 4 weeks from Thursday doing Deep South. Try and predo but struggle for transfers back 16th June

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 22 May 2013, 10:34 am

sounds an epic trip matt, have a good time

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 22 May 2013, 3:26 pm

Sad to see Hipkiss retire, played against him when I was 19/20 and spent half the game on his shoulders getting smashed to pieces, the other half trying to stop him running over me!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 23 May 2013, 9:18 am

Off to Belfast today then onto Dublin Saturday for the Rabo Final. Not back till Monday....may be able to do just a score if I have internet access but won't be able to do explainations till next week.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Thu 23 May 2013, 1:44 pm

Barbarians team:

Elliot Daly (London Wasps), Taku Ngwenya (Biarritz), Casey Laulala (Munster), Mike Tindall (Gloucester, captain), Timoci Nagusa (Montpellier), James Hook (Perpignan), Dwayne Peel (Sale Sharks); Andrea Lo Cicero (Racing Metro), Matthew Rees (Scarlets), James Johnston (Harlequins), Jim Hamilton (Gloucester), Marco Wentzel (Wasps), Alessandro Zanni (Treviso), Jonathan Poff (Wasps), Imanol Harinordoquay (Biarritz)

Bench: Schalk Brits (Saracens), Paul James (Bath Rugby), Duncan Jones (Ospreys), Dean Mumm (Exeter Chiefs), Sam Jones (Wasps), Dimitri Yachvili (Biarritz), Stephen Jones (Wasps), Rowan Varty (DeA Tigers)

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 23 May 2013, 2:04 pm

Quickest BaaBaa back three in history? Serious gas there.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Thu 23 May 2013, 2:05 pm

Could be Chris, Daly, Nagusa, Ngenwya, Tindall......

So random that Sam Jones is there.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next