The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo

+47
ScarletSpiderman
EST
Captain_Sensible
Anglobraveheart
SirBurger
Manky-Flanker
WhiskyBluff
highland_scot
Heuer27
cp10
Totalflanker
Majestic83
R!skysports
teh_Dingmeister
whocares
cakeordeath
nickj
Tattie Scones RRN
lostinwales
JonnyEdinburgh
RuggerRadge2611
MacKnocked-on
Prothero
Dorothy_Mantooth
TheMildlyFranticLlama
mckay1402
Weegie Wizard
A Simply Mesmeric Try
Argybargy
justified sinner
Imperialbigdave
TJ
alive555
GLove39
VinceWLB
madmaccas
tigertattie
demosthenes
BigGee
IanBru
jimbopip
funnyExiledScot
Nematode
EWT Spoons
RDW
George Carlin
51 posters

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo - Page 6 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo

Post by George Carlin Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Prehistorical Patter:
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo - Page 6 Fawlty11
https://www.606v2.com/t48240-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread
https://www.606v2.com/t51313-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-ii
https://www.606v2.com/t53119-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iii
https://www.606v2.com/t54519-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iv
https://www.606v2.com/t55409-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-v-the-fun-continues

A. Edinburgh
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo - Page 6 Elves10

1. League Results

Fri 5 Sep: Munster Rugby 13 - 14 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 12 Sep: Edinburgh Rugby 13 - 14 Connacht Rugby

Sun 21 Sep: Ospreys 62 - 13 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 26 Sep: Edinburgh Rugby 20 - 20 Scarlets

Fri 3 Oct: Ulster Rugby 30 - 0 Edinburgh Rugby

Sat 11 Oct: Edinburgh Rugby 24 - 10 Newport Gwent Dragons

Fri 31 Oct: Leinster Rugby 33 - 8 Edinburgh Rugby

Sun 23 Nov: Edinburgh Rugby 28 - 13 Cardiff Blues

Sat 29 Nov: Zebre 18 - 10 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 19 Dec: Edinburgh Rugby 48 - 0 Benetton Treviso

Sat 27 Dec: Glasgow Warriors 16 - 6 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 2 Jan: Edinburgh Rugby - 20 - 8 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 9 Jan: Connacht Rugby 13 - 16 Edinburgh Rugby

2. European Results

17/10/14: Bordeaux-Begles 13 - 15 Edinburgh Rugby

24/10/14: Edinburgh Rugby 25 - 17 Lyon

7/12/14: Edinburgh Rugby 25 - 13 London Welsh

14/12/14: London Welsh 6 - 24 Edinburgh Rugby

17/01/2015: Lyon 21 - 19 Edinburgh Rugby

23/01/2015: Edinburgh Rugby 38 - 20 Bordeaux-Begles

B. Glasgow
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo - Page 6 Orc10

1. League Results

Sat 6 Sep: Glasgow Warriors 22 - 20 Leinster Rugby

Sun 14 Sep: Cardiff Blues 12 - 33 Glasgow Warriors

Sat 20 Sep: Newport Gwent Dragons 13 - 33 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 26 Sep: Glasgow Warriors 39 - 21 Connacht Rugby

Sun 5 Oct: Benetton Treviso 23 - 40 Glasgow Warriors

Sat 11 Oct: Ulster Rugby 29 - 9 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 31 Oct: Glasgow Warriors 17 - 9 Benetton Treviso

Fri 21 Nov: Scarlets 19 - 9 Glasgow Warriors

Sun 30 Nov: Glasgow Warriors 19 - 15 Newport Gwent Dragons

Sat 20 Dec: Glasgow Warriors 21 - 18 Munster Rugby

Sat 27 Dec: Glasgow Warriors 16 - 6 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 2 Jan: Edinburgh Rugby 20 - 8 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 9 Jan: Glasgow Warriors 22 - 7 Scarlets

2. European Results

18/10/14: Glasgow Warriors 37 - 10 Bath Rugby

25/10/14: Montpellier 13 - 15 Glasgow Warriors

7/12/14: Toulouse 19 - 11 Glasgow Warriors

13/12/14: Glasgow Warriors 9 - 12 Toulouse

18/01/2015: Glasgow Warriors 21 - 10 Montpellier

25/01/2015: Bath Rugby 20 - 15 Glasgow Warriors

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:44 pm; edited 6 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo - Page 6 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:24 pm

What's sarcasm? I have no idea what that is or where this new fad has originated.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo - Page 6 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo

Post by jimbopip Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:26 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
jimbopip wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:I'm scraping the bottom the barrel (my brain) to come up with some sort of witty retort or glib remark but I'm failing. I haven't been hiding anywhere. I was a wee bit quiet over Xmas and New Year but I wasn't aware my absence was so sorely missed.

Sorry, who are you? Whistle

On a side note, it is pleasing to see that Jimbo has (finally) worked out how to use the quote function!

I figured that since Schlong was now off-loading with gay abandon it was time to broaden my own skill set.
Also, those of you who follow the Your Match thread ( which I highly recommend) will have noticed that despite hooking for the first time since last century on Saturday I lasted 80 minutes and knocked out their tight head. Time spent with Schiz and Asbo was obviously not wasted. notworthy

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:27 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
jimbopip wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:I'm scraping the bottom the barrel (my brain) to come up with some sort of witty retort or glib remark but I'm failing. I haven't been hiding anywhere. I was a wee bit quiet over Xmas and New Year but I wasn't aware my absence was so sorely missed.

Sorry, who are you? Whistle

On a side note, it is pleasing to see that Jimbo has (finally) worked out how to use the quote function!
Laugh Oh burn.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:42 pm

Interesting article in the Herald today from Stevie Scott, calling for an extension for Solomons; moving forward, learned a lot from him, needs time to complete the job, I'll maybe be a head coach someday, etc. But looked genuine and well reported by McAllister, if it had been Morrison in the Hootsmon he'd just have been spouting his normal biased drivel.

PS sorry no link, but paywall issues. I read the Herald on paper these days - much better than Scotsman since JP f'd it up completely.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:44 pm

Herald Scotland wrote:ALAN SOLOMONS, the Edinburgh head coach, has not had to look far for critics in recent months, but now that his team has started to win a few key games, the calls from within the camp for him to be given an extended contract have started.

"It is important for me and important for the team that he sees this through, he needs to be around for a while," was the voice of support from Stevie Scott, his key right-hand man and assistant.

What makes Scott's unequivocal support important is that he is in pole position to take over whenever Solomons, who will turn 65 at about the same time as his current contract expires in the summer, does decide to call it a day. Solomons, however, shows no sign of wanting to retire, and Scott says that is fine by him.

"Alan is a great coach, he has been coaching for 37 years and what I have learned from him is fantastic," Scott said. "If my future is to develop into a head coach further down the line, then he is a good man to learn from. His experience in all different competitions can't be matched.

"We work hard together - there are only the two of us, so there is plenty to do - we bounce things off each other. There is still plenty of work but it's pleasing the boys are improving, getting better game by game."

Technically this is Solomons' second season but he arrived too late to do any more than firefight the last campaign, while this one has been badly disrupted by injuries, including the notorious home tie against Lyon which saw no fewer than six frontline players sidelined.

Despite the obstacles, however, there has been heavy criticism over the number of average foreigners brought in to bolster the playing ranks with 15 of the current squad not currently qualified to play for Scotland, though at least two of them are expected to make themselves available when they do qualify on residency grounds.

It is not just results that have started to turn, however. Solomons has also been able to point to a core quartet of young Scots players - Hamish Watson, Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, Rory Sutherland and Ben Toolis - who have flourished after being given regular game time this season. On top of that, he reckons he has a number of promising youngsters bubbling under, ready for their chances to come.

"It is something that has been coming for a while," was Scott's verdict on recent results. "A lot of people think it has just happened over the last few weeks but we have been building for this for 17 months since this squad came together. It took time for the coaches and the boys to gel and there have been a lot of changes with players going out and others coming in.

"We started off really well, had a poor game at Murrayfield against Connacht and then had a really bad run of injuries just as we were starting to get somewhere. That started to get to the squad. When you look at the games we won, they have been when we have had more players available. Against Bordeaux, we were pretty much 90 percent our strongest team. Touch wood, if we can keep away from injuries and can put our strongest team out, we have taken big steps forward."

The task this weekend will be to carry that momentum into a tough game in Lyon, where a win would put them on the verge of reaching the quarter finals of the European Challenge Cup.

Didn't realise Solomons' contract was up...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:52 pm

Two years to end of this season.

For what it's worth I agree with Stevie on this.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:59 pm

A couple more decent wins in the European ties and I would give him another couple of years. He may not be the man to take Edinburgh to the very top but he may well have been the one to make them a serious side again. It may have taken a while, but don't forget how far they had fallen. I can see a lot of similarities between him and what Lineen did at Glasgow. Good steady progress.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:03 pm

Or indeed what he did with Ulster.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:58 am

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:10 pm

Just had a thought on the Glasgow scrum half situation...

Mike Blair's contract at Newcastle is coming to an end, and he said in an interview that he was still undecided about whether to play another year or not.

What about bring him to Glasgow on a 1 year contract - he's 33 so should be physically capable to do another year, and would be an excellent mentor for the young Glasgow 9s.

He could move back to Edinburgh too (a much nicer city) and settle his family back there.

What do people think? It would kill me to see an Edinburgh legend like that playing for Glasgow though....funnily enough I didn't have the same feelings when Lee Jones moved!

Alternatively - take on a coaching role at Edinburgh? Stevie Scott confirmed in an interview that it is literally just him and Solomons.  Blair has written some excellent articles on the BBC on real technical aspects of the game so knows his stuff, and I reckon he could develop into a good attack coach.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:09 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Just had a thought on the Glasgow scrum half situation...

Mike Blair's contract at Newcastle is coming to an end, and he said in an interview that he was still undecided about whether to play another year or not.

What about bring him to Glasgow on a 1 year contract - he's 33 so should be physically capable to do another year, and would be an excellent mentor for the young Glasgow 9s.

He could move back to Edinburgh too (a much nicer city) and settle his family back there.

What do people think? It would kill me to see an Edinburgh legend like that playing for Glasgow though....funnily enough I didn't have the same feelings when Lee Jones moved!

Alternatively - take on a coaching role at Edinburgh? Stevie Scott confirmed in an interview that it is literally just him and Solomons.  Blair has written some excellent articles on the BBC on real technical aspects of the game so knows his stuff, and I reckon he could develop into a good attack coach.

Sounds like a good idea, either Glasgow or Edinburgh could have a role for Blair. I'm more concerned about a rumour I read that Godman was possibly heading back to a Scottish side, surely/hopefully no place for him at either pro side?

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:14 pm

MacKnocked-on wrote:

Sounds like a good idea, either Glasgow or Edinburgh could have a role for Blair. I'm more concerned about a rumour I read that Godman was possibly heading back to a Scottish side, surely/hopefully no place for him at either pro side?

Liberton Rugby Club?

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm

MacKnocked-on wrote:. I'm more concerned about a rumour I read that Godman was possibly heading back to a Scottish side, surely/hopefully no place for him at either pro side?

Where did you hear that?? Shocked

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:24 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
MacKnocked-on wrote:. I'm more concerned about a rumour I read that Godman was possibly heading back to a Scottish side, surely/hopefully no place for him at either pro side?

On the transfer thread from one of the Falcons fans.

I hope to sh!t it's either London Scottish or Melrose Girls Under 18 Second XV.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:28 pm

George Carlin wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

I don't think either would want him TBH! From what I understand Falcons fans aren't exactly forthcoming with praise for his performances.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:31 pm

Not a bad idea for Glasgow as a stop-gap option, bring some class to proceedings.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:32 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:

Think it was on one of the transfer forums, Newcastle fan wrote it. if there's any truth in it hopefully means he's joining Heriots, Accies or Watsoinans etc as I can see little sense in a pro team taking him back.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:41 pm

MacKnocked-on wrote:

Cracking idea RDW. I am a big fan of Blades (cringe worthy nickname eh...). You're right about his articles for the Beeb too, if they are anything to go by, he'd be a benefit to either club. Alternatively I wonder whether Paterson will be appointed as backs coach at Edinburgh? He seems to be doing that on a informal basis anyway?

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:43 pm

Surely (insert Airplane joke here) this is just wishful thinking from Newcastle fans.

They want rid and are hopeful either Glasgow or Edinburgh are stupid enough to take him back.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:59 pm

Best press release ever issued by Glasgow a moment ago:
SQUAD: Mike Cusack has replaced Euan Murray in our squad for the final two pool matches in the European Rugby Champions Cup
Yahoo
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:04 pm

George Carlin wrote:Best press release ever issued by Glasgow a moment ago:
SQUAD: Mike Cusack has replaced Euan Murray in our squad for the final two pool matches in the European Rugby Champions Cup
Yahoo

And obviously common sense as both remaining games are on a Sunday...
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:07 pm

George Carlin wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Best press release ever issued by Glasgow a moment ago:
Yahoo

And obviously common sense as both remaining games are on a Sunday...

Was about to say - that's not good news from a Scotland PoV!

Not ideal that Murray won't have played for a month before the 6N...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:11 pm

nickj wrote:
MacKnocked-on wrote:

Cracking idea RDW. I am a big fan of Blades (cringe worthy nickname eh...). You're right about his articles for the Beeb too, if they are anything to go by, he'd be a benefit to either club. Alternatively I wonder whether Paterson will be appointed as backs coach at Edinburgh? He seems to be doing that on a informal basis anyway?

Mossy has been a specialist kicking coach for Edinburgh and Glasgow - don't think his role has extended to attack. He also spends a lot of time being an SRU ambassador / all round legend.

Blair as assistant coach at Edinburgh would go down very well - it's no surprises we've got a blunt attack given we've only got two coaches, one of which is a forwards orientated Saffer, and the other used to be a hooker!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:32 pm

Glasgow have just announced that Cusack has replaced Murray in the squad for the final two European matches.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:50 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Blair as assistant coach at Edinburgh would go down very well - it's no surprises we've got a blunt attack given we've only got two coaches, one of which is a forwards orientated Saffer, and the other used to be a hooker!

The only rumblings will come from the club coaches, as Chalmers et al used to moan about former players being parachuted in to plumb coaching roles without any form of apprenticeship as a coach. I do think there's some substance to that as well.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Blair as assistant coach at Edinburgh would go down very well - it's no surprises we've got a blunt attack given we've only got two coaches, one of which is a forwards orientated Saffer, and the other used to be a hooker!

The only rumblings will come from the club coaches, as Chalmers et al used to moan about former players being parachuted in to plumb coaching roles without any form of apprenticeship as a coach. I do think there's some substance to that as well.

True, although when you look at the Edinburgh clubs in Prem 1 Ben Cairns isan up and coming 'young' coach but the likes of Phil Smith (Heriots) and Phil Leck (Accies) have been around a while and aren't stand out candidates to become a pro coach. They also don't have much experience in the professional game (although I appreciate this is a chicken and egg thing!)

And given that Mike Blair is former Scotland captain, a Lion, and clearly has a strong understanding of the Professional game, he'd be a strong candidate.

Saying that, Edinburgh did say that they would be appointing an up and coming Scottish coach as an assistent (the same thing Glasgow did with Murray) - not seen any of that since.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:13 pm

Whilst I agree with Chalmers, his comments are a little bit whingy. Or as a Kirkcaldy dockie would say "He's a bit of a greetin' pussed hoor."

Now I for one rated Blair very highly as a player and as a captain. He's a Lion, got 80 or something Scotland caps and never ever let Scotland down. IMO Mossy and Blair were paragons of rugby amongst the likes of Morrison and Henderson.

He certainly has the pedegree to make a decent fist at an attacking coach. I would prefer to see him at Edinburgh perhaps in a Player/ Attack coach role.

I have never really heard the like in Rugby but it's fairly common in Wendyball.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:18 pm

Well how about this - send Kennedy to Glasgow, bring Blair in as a player coach!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:57 pm

I'd happily see blair come back to Edinburgh as a player/coach and send Kennedy over to the soap dodgers for game time.

Surely to goodness S-H-C, Hart and Blair would be ample 9 cover for Edinburgh. With Laidlaw, Cusiter and Pyrgos the pecking order for international duty. Edinburgh would not need to worry about call ups if a player were injured

If S-H-C was given a nod to play for Scotland and Hart was gubbed, bring Kennedy back as cover for Blair who I doubt would last the full 80 mins next season!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:03 pm

I am not sure that glasgow will want Kennedy, they need another experienced player who can share starting duties with Henry. That player is not Kennedy, who in truth has done little of note since he left Glasgow a few years ago.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:18 pm

I see, rather sadly, Ross Rennie has announced his retirement. At 28

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:25 pm

cakeordeath wrote:I see, rather sadly, Ross Rennie has announced his retirement. At 28

Really sad to see. A really talented player who when fit was right up there as an international 7.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:20 pm

Man, thats poo! Great player who suffered from Simon Taylor syndrome Crying or Very sad
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:51 pm

Absolutely gutted to hear that, but not a massive surprise given how things have gone for him recently. All the best to him.

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:34 am

Bit of Friday fun for you:

Tweet from Drew Mitchell to Andy Cramond (Scotland under 20s lock signed by Toulon)

https://twitter.com/drew_mitchell/status/555117559293689856?s=03

@drew_mitchell wrote:@Andycramond tried explaining in Scotland they call dogs dugs.
His attempt to prove it.Note the tab left open.

What Andy had sent Drew was a quote from Kevin Bridges about the difference between 'dogs' and 'dugs'.  What Andy had failed to notice is that the other tab open on his browser had an, em, adult entertainment website open (frequented by IanBru I am led to believe) and he'd obviously been watching a video entitled (edited to make it postable!) 'Teacher gets taught a lesson'.

Laugh

Erm

picard

This was tweeted to his 45 000 followers, and James O'Connor further put the boot in to his 200 000 followers.

Poor guy - talk about public embarrasment!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:05 am

George Carlin wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

I can assure you he wouldn't get a start at the Exiles anymore. He was a great signing for us a few years ago, mainly as a signal of intent, but he wouldn't get a start behind (in order) Dan Newton, Lee Millar, Connor Braid or Peter Lydon at 10.

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:23 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Bit of Friday fun for you:

Tweet from Drew Mitchell to Andy Cramond (Scotland under 20s lock signed by Toulon)

https://twitter.com/drew_mitchell/status/555117559293689856?s=03

@drew_mitchell wrote:@Andycramond tried explaining in Scotland they call dogs dugs.
His attempt to prove it.Note the tab left open.

What Andy had sent Drew was a quote from Kevin Bridges about the difference between 'dogs' and 'dugs'.  What Andy had failed to notice is that the other tab open on his browser had an, em, adult entertainment website open (frequented by IanBru I am led to believe) and he'd obviously been watching a video entitled (edited to make it postable!) 'Teacher gets taught a lesson'.

Laugh

Erm

picard

This was tweeted to his 45 000 followers, and James O'Connor further put the boot in to his 200 000 followers.

Poor guy - talk about public embarrasment!

He shall be ridiculed by the same people who write down the site address for later on!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:30 am

Laugh

It is certainly one of the most well known ones.

Or so I've been told...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:43 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Laugh

It is certainly one of the most well known ones.

Or so I've been told...
Is that first hand experience ? Or by word of mouth?

As someone wiser than I once said, "The best thing about double entendres is they can only have one meaning."

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:51 am

Have you ever seen GC's diary?

7am - wake up
7.05am - watch some prawn
7.06am - Have breakfast
8am - Watch more prawn (was a big breakfast)
8.01am - leave for work
9am - Arrive at work
9.01 - think about what prawn to watch tonight
11.15am - Do some work (send an email to someone)
11.20am - Fantasise about a threesome with Mark Bennett and Finn Russell
1pm - Go for lunch
2pm - Have an after lunch snooze
3pm - Wake up and send another email
3.05pm - Back to thinking about prawn
5pm - Leave to go home
6pm - Arrive home, start thinking about watching some prawn
6.30pm - Have din dins
7pm - Watch some prawn
7.01pm - Write a match post for the next Glasgow game
8pm - Watch more prawn
8.01pm - Fantasise about other Ayr players
10pm - Watch more prawn
10.01pm - Put on Josh Strauss Pyjammas
10:05pm - Go to bed
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:06 pm

tigertattie wrote:Have you ever seen GC's diary?

This is the only thing I am taking from this list. I wish such things existed.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:58 pm

surely Glasgow could market such a thing!!!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:04 pm

The Niko Matawalu remote control; BBC2 no Channel 4 no Bravo no QVC. Ah you never expected that did you?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:06 pm

An assault trial has heard how a Scotland international rugby player was dressed as Batman when he allegedly attacked an amateur player in Glasgow.

A man dressed as a large red crayon is seen to look on during the disturbance. wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-30852849

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:07 pm

I'll post here what I posed elsewhere:

Being discussed here - worth having a look for IanBru's joke alone!

https://www.606v2.com/t57200-ercc-pool-4-round-5-glasgow-warriors-v-montpellier-herault#2892339

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:18 pm

Ospreys have apparently signed Zebre Brendon Leonard. Can't help but feel Glasgow missed the boat here.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:27 pm

tigertattie wrote:Have you ever seen GC's diary?

7am - wake up
7.05am - watch some prawn
7.06am - Have breakfast
8am - Watch more prawn (was a big breakfast)
8.01am - leave for work
9am - Arrive at work
9.01 - think about what prawn to watch tonight
11.15am - Do some work (send an email to someone)
11.20am - Fantasise about a threesome with Mark Bennett and Finn Russell
1pm - Go for lunch
2pm - Have an after lunch snooze
3pm - Wake up and send another email
3.05pm - Back to thinking about prawn
5pm - Leave to go home
6pm - Arrive home, start thinking about watching some prawn
6.30pm - Have din dins
7pm - Watch some prawn
7.01pm - Write a match post for the next Glasgow game
8pm - Watch more prawn
8.01pm - Fantasise about other Ayr players
10pm - Watch more prawn
10:05pm - Go to bed
Erm
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:48 pm

VinceWLB wrote:Ospreys have apparently signed Zebre Brendon Leonard. Can't help but feel Glasgow missed the boat here.
We're looking for someone to replace the most original and spontaneous player to grace the hallowed turf of Scotstoun. A guy who didn't cut it in a team who collectively aren't cutting it, is hardly the specimen I had in mind!
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:05 am

IanBru wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:Ospreys have apparently signed Zebre Brendon Leonard. Can't help but feel Glasgow missed the boat here.
We're looking for someone to replace the most original and spontaneous player to grace the hallowed turf of Scotstoun. A guy who didn't cut it in a team who collectively aren't cutting it, is hardly the specimen I had in mind!
Funny you should say that because I noted Castres getting an absolute malkie from Leinster last night. This, twinned with the fact that they are currently eating it in the league (13th out of 14), makes me wonder if Rory Kockott would be up for a move. Now that's a great player in a misfiring team.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:08 am

George, as much as i would want Kockott at Glasgow, now that he is in the french team there is absolutely no chance he comes to Glasgow, there would be Toulon, Clermont, Toulouse... just to name a few before us. Leonard was a much more realistic target.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next