The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo

+47
ScarletSpiderman
EST
Captain_Sensible
Anglobraveheart
SirBurger
Manky-Flanker
WhiskyBluff
highland_scot
Heuer27
cp10
Totalflanker
Majestic83
R!skysports
teh_Dingmeister
whocares
cakeordeath
nickj
Tattie Scones RRN
lostinwales
JonnyEdinburgh
RuggerRadge2611
MacKnocked-on
Prothero
Dorothy_Mantooth
TheMildlyFranticLlama
mckay1402
Weegie Wizard
A Simply Mesmeric Try
Argybargy
justified sinner
Imperialbigdave
TJ
alive555
GLove39
VinceWLB
madmaccas
tigertattie
demosthenes
BigGee
IanBru
jimbopip
funnyExiledScot
Nematode
EWT Spoons
RDW
George Carlin
51 posters

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo - Page 13 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo

Post by George Carlin Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Prehistorical Patter:
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo - Page 13 Fawlty11
https://www.606v2.com/t48240-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread
https://www.606v2.com/t51313-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-ii
https://www.606v2.com/t53119-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iii
https://www.606v2.com/t54519-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iv
https://www.606v2.com/t55409-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-v-the-fun-continues

A. Edinburgh
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo - Page 13 Elves10

1. League Results

Fri 5 Sep: Munster Rugby 13 - 14 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 12 Sep: Edinburgh Rugby 13 - 14 Connacht Rugby

Sun 21 Sep: Ospreys 62 - 13 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 26 Sep: Edinburgh Rugby 20 - 20 Scarlets

Fri 3 Oct: Ulster Rugby 30 - 0 Edinburgh Rugby

Sat 11 Oct: Edinburgh Rugby 24 - 10 Newport Gwent Dragons

Fri 31 Oct: Leinster Rugby 33 - 8 Edinburgh Rugby

Sun 23 Nov: Edinburgh Rugby 28 - 13 Cardiff Blues

Sat 29 Nov: Zebre 18 - 10 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 19 Dec: Edinburgh Rugby 48 - 0 Benetton Treviso

Sat 27 Dec: Glasgow Warriors 16 - 6 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 2 Jan: Edinburgh Rugby - 20 - 8 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 9 Jan: Connacht Rugby 13 - 16 Edinburgh Rugby

2. European Results

17/10/14: Bordeaux-Begles 13 - 15 Edinburgh Rugby

24/10/14: Edinburgh Rugby 25 - 17 Lyon

7/12/14: Edinburgh Rugby 25 - 13 London Welsh

14/12/14: London Welsh 6 - 24 Edinburgh Rugby

17/01/2015: Lyon 21 - 19 Edinburgh Rugby

23/01/2015: Edinburgh Rugby 38 - 20 Bordeaux-Begles

B. Glasgow
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo - Page 13 Orc10

1. League Results

Sat 6 Sep: Glasgow Warriors 22 - 20 Leinster Rugby

Sun 14 Sep: Cardiff Blues 12 - 33 Glasgow Warriors

Sat 20 Sep: Newport Gwent Dragons 13 - 33 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 26 Sep: Glasgow Warriors 39 - 21 Connacht Rugby

Sun 5 Oct: Benetton Treviso 23 - 40 Glasgow Warriors

Sat 11 Oct: Ulster Rugby 29 - 9 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 31 Oct: Glasgow Warriors 17 - 9 Benetton Treviso

Fri 21 Nov: Scarlets 19 - 9 Glasgow Warriors

Sun 30 Nov: Glasgow Warriors 19 - 15 Newport Gwent Dragons

Sat 20 Dec: Glasgow Warriors 21 - 18 Munster Rugby

Sat 27 Dec: Glasgow Warriors 16 - 6 Edinburgh Rugby

Fri 2 Jan: Edinburgh Rugby 20 - 8 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 9 Jan: Glasgow Warriors 22 - 7 Scarlets

2. European Results

18/10/14: Glasgow Warriors 37 - 10 Bath Rugby

25/10/14: Montpellier 13 - 15 Glasgow Warriors

7/12/14: Toulouse 19 - 11 Glasgow Warriors

13/12/14: Glasgow Warriors 9 - 12 Toulouse

18/01/2015: Glasgow Warriors 21 - 10 Montpellier

25/01/2015: Bath Rugby 20 - 15 Glasgow Warriors

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:44 pm; edited 6 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo - Page 13 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo

Post by cp10 Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:30 pm

Tigertattie, I had that playing 5 a side football a few years ago except I was the attacking player. A guy stepped into me expecting me to stumble. Instead I dipped my shoulder and he bounced a couple of meters. That's when I knew I needed to get back to rugby training!

cp10

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo - Page 13 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo

Post by RDW Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:43 am

Question - what is a Banter Boogaloo?? Erm

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:44 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Question - what is a Banter Boogaloo?? Erm

A veritable smorgasbord of banter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boogaloo

It doesn't make a lot of sense, but the alliteration was pleasing and I didn't want the thread to continue to reflect a drunken stooshie between grown men in superhero costumes.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:46 am

George Carlin wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Question - what is a Banter Boogaloo?? Erm

A veritable smorgasbord of banter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boogaloo

"a genre of Latin music and dance that was popular in the United States in the 1960s"

That's why none of us young folks know what it is then! Very Happy

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:00 pm

Scottish Rugby's statement on Ryan Wilson:
A disciplinary panel made up of three members of the Scottish Rugby Board met with Ryan Wilson yesterday, January 4th, to consider the employment implications arising from the court case in Glasgow which concluded on January 27th.

After the hearing the following sanctions were imposed:

• Ryan Wilson is suspended with immediate effect, without pay, from training with, and playing for, Glasgow Warriors for a period of three months.
  • Ryan Wilson will also undertake a programme organised through Glasgow Warriors and Scottish Rugby to support his personal development around the factors which contributed to the original conviction.

In accordance with Scottish Rugby's standard disciplinary procedures Ryan Wilson has the right to appeal against the panel's findings.

The panel had been separately delegated by the Scottish Rugby Board to consider the implications of the case for Wilson's future with the Scotland national team.

• It was decided Ryan Wilson will not be invited to play for the Scotland national team until August 23rd 2015.

This date is ahead of the third match of the 2015 World Cup warm up series following matches against Ireland and Italy on August 15th and August 22nd respectively. He will be permitted, if invited, to train with the Scotland squad only after the 2015 RBS 6 Nations has concluded.

Scottish Rugby will make no further comment at this time.
(http://scottishrugby.org/news/15/02/04/statement-scottish-rugby)

I think Ryan Wilson is a very, very lucky boy. Although I think justification could be given for punishing him more, I think that a three-month suspension, along with exclusion from the first two RWC warm-up matches, is about right.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:02 pm

3 months without pay is certainly a blow for him.

I suppose this answers the question of whether they can impose additional punishment!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:06 pm

IanBru wrote:Scottish Rugby's statement on Ryan Wilson:
A disciplinary panel made up of three members of the Scottish Rugby Board met with Ryan Wilson yesterday, January 4th, to consider the employment implications arising from the court case in Glasgow which concluded on January 27th.

After the hearing the following sanctions were imposed:

• Ryan Wilson is suspended with immediate effect, without pay, from training with, and playing for, Glasgow Warriors for a period of three months.
  • Ryan Wilson will also undertake a programme organised through Glasgow Warriors and Scottish Rugby to support his personal development around the factors which contributed to the original conviction.

In accordance with Scottish Rugby's standard disciplinary procedures Ryan Wilson has the right to appeal against the panel's findings.

The panel had been separately delegated by the Scottish Rugby Board to consider the implications of the case for Wilson's future with the Scotland national team.

• It was decided Ryan Wilson will not be invited to play for the Scotland national team until August 23rd 2015.

This date is ahead of the third match of the 2015 World Cup warm up series following matches against Ireland and Italy on August 15th and August 22nd respectively. He will be permitted, if invited, to train with the Scotland squad only after the 2015 RBS 6 Nations has concluded.

Scottish Rugby will make no further comment at this time.
(http://scottishrugby.org/news/15/02/04/statement-scottish-rugby)

I think Ryan Wilson is a very, very lucky boy. Although I think justification could be given for punishing him more, I think that a three-month suspension, along with exclusion from the first two RWC warm-up matches, is about right.

No certainty that he will figure in the Scotland reckoning again in any case with the qualification of Strauss and the emergence of others including Watson & Blake and the possible arrival of Hardie.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:32 pm

It actually does fairly feck his international career, to be honest.
Why would Cotter even select him when he wants to play combinations consistently in the run up to the most important competition in the sport.
There are a lot of young loosies like Watson, Blake and Strauss whom you would potentially select first.

Is his contract up with Glasgow at the end of this year? He has to be very, very worried about that.

I also think that the SRU is in danger of over-egging this. Hopefully this is the last we'll here about this now.
Dodson has done his furrowed brow, moral tub thumping, big swinging proverbial routine and whilst he had to, I don't want to see it again.

I am still more inclined to believe that Wilson was in a bad place, had a few too many and then lashed out rather than having a deeply seated personality flaw that he has somehow managed to suppress untyil now. Important to say that I am not defending him for what he did and if he'd done it to my friend or brother, I would naturally be furious. I am aware that someone got badly hurt and may be disfigured and I am not belittling this. However, he has been an excellent professional athlete for nearly 5 years and as far as I know hasn't done this before.

I wouldn't wreck a player's career for a stupid mistake, is all.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:33 pm

This is probably old news, but I see the Scotsman is saying Tim Visser is being sought by Wasps. Visser saying that Edinburgh doesn't seem to want him, and Mark Dodson didn't seem all too keen to keep him.

Tbh, think this could be quite good. Visser would have to up his game and prove himself at Wasps whilst Edinburgh gets a decent sum of money and can hopefully get youngsters like Hoyland coming through.

I just fear this could open the door for Scott and Denton to go though.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:35 pm

Smeg. That's mad, Ted.

Do you have a link, Mr Tode?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:38 pm

George Carlin wrote:It actually does fairly feck his international career, to be honest.
Why would Cotter even select him when he wants to play combinations consistently in the run up to the most important competition in the sport.

Doesn't stop people thinking that your argument there shouldn't apply to Strauss! Whistle

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:46 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
George Carlin wrote:It actually does fairly feck his international career, to be honest.

Doesn't stop people thinking that your argument there shouldn't apply to Strauss! Whistle
It obviously does apply to Strauss and Cotter will need to decide whether or not that counts against him sufficiently as to not select him.

Then he'll get up off the floor, stop laughing and select him. Very Happy
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:48 pm

Tim Visser will go into the RBS Six Nations Championship for Scotland against France this weekend with contract negotiations at his Edinburgh Rugby club ongoing.

The winger becomes a free agent shortly and fans are anxious that a player, who has scored 65 tries in 120 Pro 12 and European appearances, could move on.

Speaking about his immediate future, Visser said it could be another fortnight before a final decision is made.

“I would like it to have been resolved by now but it hasn’t so I’ve got to put it out of my head,” said Visser. “We have a tournament to look forward to.

“It will get resolved. When it does, it is important for me to make a good decision. I am now at the age (27) where you have to make good decisions for your career.

“I would like to stay with Edinburgh. I don’t know if they would like to keep me. I think everything will probably become clear in the next couple of weeks.”

Moments earlier Visser, who scored one of his seven Test tries on Scotland’s last visit to Paris, albeit a late consolation effort at 23-9 adrift, had appeared to speak of Edinburgh wistfully and in past tense.

He was comparing the current free-flowing Scotland approach to a style cultivated by the club who signed him from Newcastle Falcons back in 2009.

“It kind of reminds me how we used to play with Edinburgh back in the day albeit not always successfully, but we used to play a lot of running rugby and I used score a lot of tries that way,” he said.

Pressed, Visser made it clear that wasn’t a criticism of Edinburgh’s tactics, rather a sign of evolution. He stressed, too, that he felt he had become a more complete player under head coach Alan Solomons’ direction.

“We are now a different team. We used to be great at scoring tries but even better at letting them through,” said Visser.

“We have now become the team that can actually defend really well (and) that is something about me personally.

“I am now miles away from where I was as a defensive player. That is mostly due to a lot of defensive coaches in the past, while Alan Solomons has played a large part in trying to bring my physical game up to scratch.

“Sometimes it means as a team you play a little bit less rugby and that is what we have had with Edinburgh in the (recent) past.

“Now we’re making a transition into improving our attacking game and that is coming along. It is good we are trying to build solid foundation because the way we used to play rugby wasn’t always viable.”

Visser’s views on Edinburgh are borne out by statistics.

In the last six Pro 12 games they have conceded six tries (scoring 13), whereas the first six games of this season saw them leak 19 while scoring a mere seven.

So, things have completely turned around, but a huge question mark remains over whether the Dutchman, who qualified for Scotland on residency two years ago, remains part of the long term plan.

Speaking exclusively to the Evening News last week, Mark Dodson, chief executive of the SRU owners of Edinburgh said of a player linked with Wasps: “It is important to keep Tim Visser, but not mission critical. Tim is always the kind of player you want to stay. It is a matter of whether his and our ambitions allow.”

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/rugby/latest/visser-s-edinburgh-rugby-future-still-up-in-air-1-3678974

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:06 pm

That sounds like he has been made a big offer from elsewhere and he feels Edinburgh need to match it. You can't blame him for wanting a big money contract at this stage in his career and his own and his agents view of his worth is almost certainly going to be more than Edinburgh want to pay. Dodson, quite rightly does not intend to Mortgage Murrayfield to keep him.

These are just negotiating positions, they may or may not come to a compromise but it would not surprise me if he goes. It may not be a bad thing for him as a player if he did.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:11 pm

On the subject of Ryan Wilson, the SRU response seems about right to me. Its a substantial ban, with implications for him financially and in terms of his international career, but not a career ending one. He would be well advised to take his medicine and then knuckle down to the business of being a professional rugby player again. He won't get off that lightly if he ever does that again.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:44 pm

Scotland under 20s team has been announced, with 18 year old Jamie Ritchie captaining the team. He's certainly making a name for himself at such an early age!

15. Ruairi Howarth (Edinburgh Rugby/Gala)
14. Harvey Elms (Currie)
13. Archie Russell (Stirling County)
12. Patrick Kelly (Le Parc)
11. Alec Coombes (London Scottish)

10. Rory Hutchinson (Northampton Saints)
9. George Horne (Glasgow Hawks)

1. Murray McCallum (Aberdeen Grammar Rugby)*
2. Ross Graham (Hawick)
3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors/Glasgow Hawks)
4. Scott Cummings (Glasgow Warriors/Glasgow Hawks)
5. Lewis Carmichael (Melrose)*
6. Lewis Wynne (Stirling County)
7. Jamie Ritchie (Edinburgh Rugby)
8. Magnus Bradbury (Edinburgh Rugby/Boroughmuir)

Replacements
16. Jake Kerr (Edinburgh Rugby/Watsonians)
17. Gary Robertson (Gala)
18. Dan Elkington (Watsonians)
19. Neil Irvine-Hess (Melrose)
20. Matthew Smith (Glasgow Warriors/Stirling County)
21. Andrew Manson (Stewart's Melville FP)
22. Tom Galbraith (Melrose)
23. Ruaraidh Smith (Currie)

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:49 pm

On the Edinburgh rugby forum they are talking about a big 17 stone SH winger coming to Edinburgh from the Warratahs on a three year deal. He is only 21 and some unit, sounds like a handy signing but if true then it definitely means that Visser will be off. That actually seems more and more likely by the minute!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:58 pm

Boo at that Visser was probably too good a try scorer for Solomons taste, remember they are a set piece team and are supposed to win through kicks.
From the embra forum: "Had a quick look at some of the videos of him on youtube and he looks to be the polar opposite of Visser anyway. Seems to run through people rather than around them and doesn't seem afraid to throw his weight around. Might well suit our style of play these days."

I like my wingers fast, i will reserve any judgements before i actually see him play but don't like the look of this signing at all which means Visser is offski.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:02 pm

Does this person have a name?

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:03 pm

Taqele Naiyaravaro!

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:05 pm

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread VI - Banter Boogaloo - Page 13 491899443-taqele-naiyaravoro-of-the-waratahs-makes-a-gettyimages

This guy? You sure? He's 120kg, 6'5 Shocked - Fijian but maybe a 3yr target player for Scotland?

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:07 pm

Possible project signing, not sure. Come from Rugby league so knows one thing or two about the bish bash bosh kick style!

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:07 pm

VinceWLB wrote:Taqele Naiyaravaro!

I guess he's not SQ then...!

Brett Thompson is 6ft 4 and 17 stone too, so I'll reserve judgment yet!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:09 pm

They say 125kg on some site which is a lot more than 17 stone!

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:10 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:

Go to 2:20. I think he knows how to use his size...

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:14 pm

Nematode wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

Shocked

What a beast!

2 nsq wingers when we have 2 young sq wingers isn't ideal, but at least he's got super rugby experience.

How he'll do on a wet, muddy November is another question!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:15 pm

Yes he certainly is a big laddie!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:16 pm

Go to 1:22-25 for a cracking offload:

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:18 pm

I think he'd make a decent signing - and who knows, he might become Scottish in 3 years - (I'd expect he'd play for Fiji though).

He does look a tad slow though - maybe if he shed say 10kg he might be more effective?

Maybe Visser wants to move because he's scared of tackling practice against him?

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:19 pm

More detailed article here:

http://m.foxsports.com.au/rugby/blockbusting-waratahs-winger-taqele-naiyaravaro-chased-by-edinburgh/story-e6frf4pu-1227208357333?nk=57432c6e5bc49bc95fdf66877855350c

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:34 pm

Nematode wrote:I think he'd make a decent signing - and who knows, he might become Scottish in 3 years - (I'd expect he'd play for Fiji though).

He does look a tad slow though - maybe if he shed say 10kg he might be more effective?

Maybe Visser wants to move because he's scared of tackling practice against him?

He did not look slow in that clip! Maybe not the quickest off the mark but once rolling going to be very hard to stop.

Actually could be a very good signing, if he is coming on a three year deal then he has got to be a project player. He is going to be available in all the international windows, including the WC. He will also add to the squads depth and stop us having to play the likes of Cuthbert on the wing.

If Visser and Thompson go, then that just leaves Fife and Hellu as front line wingers, both may well be away for the WC. Hoyland and Farndale are no more than potential at the moment and we have no idea if they really are going to cut it at this level. Farndale in particular has not really pushed on and seems very injury prone, the next 12 months are going to be critical for him.

Edinburgh are never going to be a team that goes anywhere until they have a squad of players that they can play and rotate and not just be totally reliant on their best 23 as they are now. Probably a better measure of where they are now will be during this next window when we see how they get on without their internationals. Does Solomon's really trust the rest of the players in the squad?

All the transfer activity seems to have been about Edinburgh this year, when is it going to be Glasgow's turn?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:52 pm

It does seem like we've not heard much from Glasgow (they do need a scrum-half and a lock) but other than that they have a decent enough squad with youngsters like Bordill and Price ready to get chances.

I'd rather see resources spent on Edinburgh to get them into a top 6 spot, and maybe even a top 4 opportunity.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:50 pm

We can't ignore the fact that there may be a blanket SRU policy to move players on at the end of this season to free up space for whom the coaches really want.

Laidlaw was allowed to go, Maitland was clearly not made an offer approaching that of Irish and I'm sure that there will be others.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:45 am

We also cannot ignore Grandpappy's policy of gradually supersizing all of the Edinburgh squad. I used to wonder where Mike Philips would go after Racing Metro. Now I know.

Solly wants Edinburgh to be the new Saracens. True.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:38 am

It's getting ridiculous bringing in overseas players for this project thing!

If this south sea islander is being brought in as a project player then it's just more nonsense on the way to the slippery slope!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:42 am

...to Pro12 glory?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:43 am

Folks,

If I could direct your attention to my thread here

https://www.606v2.com/t57583-rugby-stag-do-ideas#2916133

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:00 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
Nematode wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

Shocked

What a beast!

2 nsq wingers when we have 2 young sq wingers isn't ideal, but at least he's got super rugby experience.

How he'll do on a wet, muddy November is another question!

How long after we sign this guy can we discuss his move to number 8?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:40 am

Scotland 7s made it to the cup
quarter finals again with Damien Hoyland scoring 6 tries on day one.

He sounds like he's on fire just now - surely time to get him in an Edinburgh shirt so he can spend all his time chasing box kicks....

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:35 am

Not sure what more he needs to do before getting a chance.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:54 pm

Move to Ayr?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:57 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Not sure what more he needs to do before getting a chance.

Reveal he isn't actually Scottish?!

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:18 pm

Learn to tackle like Visser and accelerate like Strauss.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:55 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Not sure what more he needs to do before getting a chance.

Perhaps stop carrying the sevens, then they might let him back to Edinburgh.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:57 pm

Blaauw left Edinburgh. To pursue other interests apparently.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:13 pm

justified sinner wrote:Blaauw left Edinburgh. To pursue other interests apparently.

He's probably 4th choice loosehead so no real loss. He's played 23 games for us apparently but don't remember him making much of an impact!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:29 pm

Impact was mostly giving away penalties as I recall. Good to see him go to free up squad space.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:25 pm

justified sinner wrote:

Perhaps stop carrying the sevens, then they might let him back to Edinburgh.

Hoyland is a player for next year, a year in the sevens will do him no harm at al, he certainly seems to be revelling in it and his confidence will be growing by the game. It will give him the chance to physically develop and be ready for pro rugby next year hopefully.

The sevens has been much derided over the last few years, often with good reason. Credit where credit is due though, this is the third tournament in a row where they have qualified for the cup competition, miles better than anything they have done recently and without any imported stars from the pro sides. Maybe this is eventually the model the sevens should be following, allowing some of the talented youngsters an avenue to get some serious game time and competition while continuing their physical journey from kids to fully blown pros.

Something definitely seems to have changed in the sevens this year and it is definitely for the better.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:31 am

Scotland 7s made it to the semi finals - for only their 4th time, and Damien Hoyland was voted in the team of the tournament!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:57 am

tigertattie wrote:Move to Ayr?
Not sure about that. We don't just take anyone, you know. warning
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next