The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Political round up.............

+22
No name Bertie
MrInvisible
Pr4wn
the-goon
Derek Smalls
dummy_half
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
king_carlos
JDizzle
superflyweight
Luckless Pedestrian
Pebbles
Soul Requiem
mountain man
TRUSSMAN66
Samo
lostinwales
Lowlandbrit
GSC
navyblueshorts
Duty281
26 posters

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Political round up............. - Page 12 Empty Political round up.............

Post by Duty281 Fri 01 Mar 2024, 7:58 am

First topic message reminder :

Astonishing win in terms of margin. I was surprised that the ex-Labour candidate polled as low as 8%, but I guess word spread about his removal and he was viewed, effectively, as another independent.

Even if he wasn't removed, I think Galloway still wins, so it was a stroke of luck for Starmer in that he can ignore this defeat.

I thought Galloway would be out when the GE rolls around; now I'm not 100% sure. The issue of Gaza is hurting Labour amongst its once almost guaranteed Muslim vote.

I think this result shows that an Islamic party, if led by a brilliant campaigner, is a very viable option for the future. They could stand in areas where the Muslim population is relatively high and maybe win a couple of dozen seats at a GE, being similar to the SNP in terms of insurgency.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 12 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 03 Jul 2024, 12:21 pm

I think Libtard should now form the basis of Godwins Law

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

superflyweight likes this post

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 12 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by the-goon Wed 03 Jul 2024, 12:28 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
the-goon wrote:Or the Yazidi under Islamic State. Or the Kurds under Islamic State.

Or the Tibetans and Uygurs under the Chinese communists.

Or, your favourite, the Palestinians! Should they have a homeland? Where they can govern themselves? Nope, that is now racist apparently.  

The list sure does go on and on and on.

How many more have I missed?

Your argument here is rubbish. Are you seriously equating white males in Europe with those groups you list? That would be funny. As Duty might say: give your head a wobble; you've had a shocker there.

No, I'm highlighting a few ethnic groups that would probably love to have their own state/nation where their people would be safe. As opposed to living as a minority in a multi-cultural state.

And for clarity. I would support all of them having one. What's wrong with that?

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 03 Jul 2024, 12:51 pm

the-goon wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
the-goon wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Presumably Native Americans (in North, Central and South America) can look forward to a super majority across their continent, and similarly the First Settlers in Australia?  

So you agree with me? Allowing all those European migrants in wasn't a good idea for them?

I though libtards such as yourself believe diversity is a strength?

Forced colonialization isn't exactly letting them in is it?

Who voted for mass immigration? The tories won election after election promising lower immigration, then doing the opposite. Brexit was about immigration.

Merkel didn't have in her manifesto, import the 3rd world, when she did so in 2015.

The EU commission is unelected, so any decision by them is forced upon us.

We don't vote for the NGO's that being in 1000's every day via boats.

Why don't have a binding referendum on immigration? It would settle the debate on whether native Europeans actually want it.

Not at all relevant to the point I made in the slightest. Native Europeans? The continent is built on war and invasion.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Jul 2024, 1:06 pm

Johnson - Partying the nights away why people died without loved ones holding their hands.

Truss - Crashed the economy in 6 weeks.

Sunak - Worst ratings of any leader since ratings began.

Sunak "We need to forget the past and look to the future".......Bless him !! Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 03 Jul 2024, 1:15 pm

Survation's final MRP puts Labour up to 484 seats, the Tories down to 64 seats, Lib Dems on 61, SNP 10 and Reform 7.

HOWEVER, that data comes from Survation polling figures of Labour 42%, Tories 23%, Lib Dems 11%, Reform 11%.

Survation's latest (and presumably last) poll puts the Tories down to 18%, Labour down to 38% and Reform up to 17%, so the seat figures could be a little changed.

We know all the classic examples of the failing of FPTP, but if Labour got 484 seats (nearly 75%!) from 42% of the vote, it would be an utter farce.

One thing that will be curious to see is the number of unfit candidates that become MPs for both Labour and Reform. Both Labour and Reform have problems with their vetting procedures and it's inevitable that a few bad eggs will slip through. Those who think Starmer taking over as PM will lead to boring politics are in for a shock. It's an odd time to be taking over in July, as well.

It would be great if the Tories slipped to the third biggest party in Westminster, to not even be opposition. The sooner they get wiped out the better. Their leadership contest shouldn't take too long this time, there will barely be a candidate available!

Half a dozen seats would be good for Reform. If they end up being slightly underestimated in the polls, they might end up with a couple of dozen, and then Nigel has to pray they can be professional, otherwise such an influx could cause more headaches than benefits.

YouGov's final MRP out at 17:00 today...

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Jul 2024, 1:21 pm

Duty281 wrote:Survation's final MRP puts Labour up to 484 seats, the Tories down to 64 seats, Lib Dems on 61, SNP 10 and Reform 7.

HOWEVER, that data comes from Survation polling figures of Labour 42%, Tories 23%, Lib Dems 11%, Reform 11%.

Survation's latest (and presumably last) poll puts the Tories down to 18%, Labour down to 38% and Reform up to 17%, so the seat figures could be a little changed.

We know all the classic examples of the failing of FPTP, but if Labour got 484 seats (nearly 75%!) from 42% of the vote, it would be an utter farce.

One thing that will be curious to see is the number of unfit candidates that become MPs for both Labour and Reform. Both Labour and Reform have problems with their vetting procedures and it's inevitable that a few bad eggs will slip through. Those who think Starmer taking over as PM will lead to boring politics are in for a shock. It's an odd time to be taking over in July, as well.

It would be great if the Tories slipped to the third biggest party in Westminster, to not even be opposition. The sooner they get wiped out the better. Their leadership contest shouldn't take too long this time, there will barely be a candidate available!

Half a dozen seats would be good for Reform. If they end up being slightly underestimated in the polls, they might end up with a couple of dozen, and then Nigel has to pray they can be professional, otherwise such an influx could cause more headaches than benefits.

Most polls have Reform around 16%...3-7 points behind the Tories....Which is bad enough for Con.....

"Peoplepolling".....Have just released their final poll which looks an outlier but would be hilarious if true...

Lab 36%
Ref 20%
Con 16%
Lib 10%
Gre 9%

Tory wipeout......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 03 Jul 2024, 1:27 pm

I see suella is angling for the leader job after Sunak gets turfed out. I'm all for it, because that would pretty much finish them off for good
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Jul 2024, 1:36 pm

GSC wrote:I see suella is angling for the leader job after Sunak gets turfed out. I'm all for it, because that would pretty much finish them off for good

You usually call your leader crap after the election so some of your colleagues might have a better chance of surviving......But she likes to get off to a fast start....The make up of what is left/rump of the Tory party decides whether it's a Cameron soft right or a Suella hard right...

Interesting choice.....Most elections are won from the centre but Tory/Reform would have stopped Starmer getting a majority according to the polls...Very little Labour to Reform movement.

If Braverman did win...Reform would disappear.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Jul 2024, 1:48 pm

Going for

Lab 395
Con 145
Lib 53
SNP 25
PC 4
Ref 4
Green 4
oth 2
NI 18

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Wed 03 Jul 2024, 1:51 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
the-goon wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
the-goon wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Presumably Native Americans (in North, Central and South America) can look forward to a super majority across their continent, and similarly the First Settlers in Australia?  

So you agree with me? Allowing all those European migrants in wasn't a good idea for them?

Who voted for mass immigration? The tories won election after election promising lower immigration, then doing the opposite. Brexit was about immigration.

Merkel didn't have in her manifesto, import the 3rd world, when she did so in 2015.

Why don't have a binding referendum on immigration? It would settle the debate on whether native Europeans actually want it.

Not at all relevant to the point I made in the slightest. Native Europeans? The continent is built on war and invasion.

It is. Europe is being colonised against the will of the natives.

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 03 Jul 2024, 1:52 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Survation's final MRP puts Labour up to 484 seats, the Tories down to 64 seats, Lib Dems on 61, SNP 10 and Reform 7.

Most polls have Reform around 16%...3-7 points behind the Tories....Which is bad enough for Con.....

"Peoplepolling".....Have just released their final poll which looks an outlier but would be hilarious if true...

Lab 36%
Ref 20%
Con 16%
Lib 10%
Gre 9%

Tory wipeout......

Looks a nonsense poll, but would be great if true.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 03 Jul 2024, 1:52 pm

GSC wrote:I see suella is angling for the leader job after Sunak gets turfed out. I'm all for it, because that would pretty much finish them off for good

Yep, end the Tories and replace them with Reform.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 03 Jul 2024, 1:54 pm

the-goon wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
the-goon wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
the-goon wrote:

Not true in the slightest. Europe isn't comprised of just one ethnic group so your argument falls at the first hurdle.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 03 Jul 2024, 2:26 pm

Unfortunately, we no longer have any First Settlers who are alive right now... so it's hard for them to look forward to anything.

Oh sorry, you mean First Nations people?

I think most are pretty content and have assimilated well with the Invaders.  There's always a few angry ones of course but I usually find that a cup of tea and biscuits... and a friendly chat helps heal the pain and it isn't too long before the topic turns to more important issues - like sport, for instance.

btw Super, Happy Thistle Day!

Have a Cullen skink & thistle smoothie for me and I'll barbeque some chops and snags (slightly charred as you like them) for you tomorrow. Once the rain stops.  OK

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

superflyweight and navyblueshorts like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 03 Jul 2024, 3:30 pm

So if that projection is correct, could Labour loan the lib Dems a few MPs Laugh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 03 Jul 2024, 3:41 pm

GSC wrote:So if that projection is correct, could Labour loan the lib Dems a few MPs Laugh

I wonder how 64 Tories-61 Lib Dems would work in terms of opposition, actually.

One week the Tory leader is asking questions at PMQs. Over the next few days, four Tory MPs defect to Reform. Now, all of a sudden, Ed Davey is leader of the opposition and has to hastily assemble a shadow cabinet.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 03 Jul 2024, 3:46 pm

The Sun backs Labour, continuing their long record of backing the obvious winner.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 03 Jul 2024, 4:03 pm

Looking forward to a few Portillo moments. A real chance to flush a few of these turds once and for all.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 03 Jul 2024, 5:00 pm

Survation's latest (and presumably last) poll puts the Tories down to 18%, Labour down to 38% and Reform up to 17%, so the seat figures could be a little changed..

More in Common's final MRP putting Labour at 430, the Tories at 126, Lib Dems on 52, SNP 16, Reform 2.

So quite a bit kinder to the Tories than Survation, and 54 seats fewer for Labour.

It's based on polling data of Labour at 39%, Tories at 23%, Lib Dems 14% and Reform 13%.

YouGov's final MRP putting Labour at 431, the Tories at 102, Lib Dems on 72 (!), SNP 18, Reform 3.

YouGov have a range of:

Labour: 391-466
Conservative: 78-129
Lib Dem: 57-87
SNP: 8-34
Reform UK: 0-14
Plaid: 1-4
Green: 1-4

The truth is somewhere in that lot!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 03 Jul 2024, 5:30 pm

If we're doing predictions, I'll have a punt:

Vote share - Labour 39%; Conservatives 19%; Reform 17%; Lib Dems 12%; Greens 6%; SNP 3%.

Seat totals - Labour 437; Tories 93; Lib Dems 63; Reform 4; Greens 2; SNP 25; Plaid 6.

The presence of Reform, and the Tories historic low point, has made it a little tricky for polling companies. Early on, polling companies were undervaluing Reform, now they might be overstating them.

Bonus yes/no questions (the poster with the most right answers will be blessed with eternal good fortune)

1) Will Labour win 450 seats or more? NO
2) Will the Lib Dems become the party of opposition? NO
3) Will Reform beat the Conservatives in terms of vote share? NO
4) Will the first declaration be at 22:59 or earlier? YES
5) Will voter turnout be 65% or higher? YES
6) Does Rishi Sunak lose his seat? NO
7) Does Galloway hold on in Rochdale? YES
8) Will Corbyn be returned to Parliament? NO
9) Does Lee Anderson win Ashfield? YES
10) Will Mordaunt win Portsmouth North? NO

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Jul 2024, 6:30 pm

Duty281 wrote:
GSC wrote:So if that projection is correct, could Labour loan the lib Dems a few MPs Laugh

I wonder how 64 Tories-61 Lib Dems would work in terms of opposition, actually.

One week the Tory leader is asking questions at PMQs. Over the next few days, four Tory MPs defect to Reform. Now, all of a sudden, Ed Davey is leader of the opposition and has to hastily assemble a shadow cabinet.

Be staggered if the Tories got under a hundred......But if the Greens got say 4 mps in your scenario you can have coalitions in opposition as well as Govt.

Green alliance with the Lib Dems and hope the speaker blesses the Union as chief opposition.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Jul 2024, 7:06 pm

Yougov poll......Leader approval

Starmer...positive 22%....negative 60%.....minus 38%

Sunak.....positive 18%....Negative 60%.....minus 42%

Corbyn...positive  22%....negative 55%.....minus 33% (Corbyn  angel )

Yougov.....Why are you voting Labour ??

Get the Tories out.....48%
UK needs change......13%
Agree with Policies....5%
Keir Starmer.............1% !!!!! laughing

Anyway the Trussy Trussy Man Man clan will be voting.....

Father-in-Law............ Reform.
Mummy-in-law...........Reform. (He probably filled her PV vote in for her)
Daddy's little girl........Reform..If she bothers.
My good self..............Green ????? if I bother.
Sunny Jim.................Conservative....(I don't know where I went wrong)

Don't forget your ID folks...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Wed 03 Jul 2024, 7:08 pm

With such a majority the Labour Party can do anything - including passing a law that everyone has to use a space hopper to go to work. However the same thing happens when there is a consensus between the main parties - then there is no need for a detailed discussion - they can just go ahead and make policies that drive up inflation by 30%.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 03 Jul 2024, 7:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
UK needs change......13%

Good! We already had a populist wind bag elected because of a cult of personality, we dont need another.

Samo

GSC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Wed 03 Jul 2024, 8:48 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Yougov poll......Leader approval

Starmer...positive 22%....negative 60%.....minus 38%
Sunak.....positive 18%....Negative 60%.....minus 42%
Corbyn...positive  22%....negative 55%.....minus 33%

UK needs change......13%
Keir Starmer.............1% !!!!!
Nobody seems to be interested in actual government policies.   Not much discussion of policies and how it is going to be funded.   One thing that is never discussed in a run-up to an election is how much money they are going to spend funding overseas military wars and what economic trade wars they are going to start.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 04 Jul 2024, 9:19 am

No name Bertie wrote:,,,
Nobody seems to be interested in actual government policies.   Not much discussion of policies and how it is going to be funded.   One thing that is never discussed in a run-up to an election is how much money they are going to spend funding overseas military wars and what economic trade wars they are going to start.

Well, the first i largely a question of circumstance that is unpredictable at the time of the election. When Blair was elected in 97, no-one would have foreseen that there would be 9/11 and the subsequent conflict in Afghanistan prior to his re-election (that SOME issues would come up in the Middle East / mid Asia may have been predictable, but not their characteristic).

The UK has generally been pretty good at avoiding Trade and tariff wars, although a Trump re-election might change the global dynamic in that regard, as well as us being out of the EU.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Thu 04 Jul 2024, 9:27 am

Duty281 wrote:If we're doing predictions, I'll have a punt:

Vote share - Labour 39%; Conservatives 19%; Reform 17%; Lib Dems 12%; Greens 6%; SNP 3%.

Seat totals - Labour 437; Tories 93; Lib Dems 63; Reform 4; Greens 2; SNP 25; Plaid 6.

The presence of Reform, and the Tories historic low point, has made it a little tricky for polling companies. Early on, polling companies were undervaluing Reform, now they might be overstating them.

Bonus yes/no questions (the poster with the most right answers will be blessed with eternal good fortune)

1) Will Labour win 450 seats or more? NO
2) Will the Lib Dems become the party of opposition? NO
3) Will Reform beat the Conservatives in terms of vote share? NO
4) Will the first declaration be at 22:59 or earlier? YES
5) Will voter turnout be 65% or higher? YES
6) Does Rishi Sunak lose his seat? NO
7) Does Galloway hold on in Rochdale? YES
8) Will Corbyn be returned to Parliament? NO
9) Does Lee Anderson win Ashfield? YES
10) Will Mordaunt win Portsmouth North? NO

There should be 11) Will Nigel Farage finally win a seat?

If he does he will cause chaos in parliment which would be quite fun. For clarity I'm not a Reform voter.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Thu 04 Jul 2024, 9:44 am

I would have a stab at:

Labour 40% (445)
Cons 22% (101)
Reform 14% (2)
Lib Dem 12% (53)

Some other predictions:

- Greens to win more seats than Reform (4>2)
- SNP down to 20 seats
- Turnout below 65%
- Farage wins, but Anderson loses
- Corbyn loses, but Galloway wins
- Someone says they will eat an item of clothing on the coverage if the exit poll is right

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Thu 04 Jul 2024, 9:57 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
the-goon wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
the-goon wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
the-goon wrote:

Not true in the slightest. Europe isn't comprised of just one ethnic group so your argument falls at the first hurdle.

I never said it was. But Europe is being colonised by non Europeans.

Look at almost every major city in Europe, the native Europeans are minorities in those cities. London, Paris, Birmingham, Berlin, etc.

But listen, I know how this conversation goes. It's not happening >> ok, it is but only a little >> ok, it's really happening, but it's a good thing!

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 04 Jul 2024, 10:04 am

JDizzle wrote:I would have a stab at:

Labour 40% (445)
Cons 22% (101)
Reform 14% (2)
Lib Dem 12% (53)

I suspect that you will be proven correct in having a bit of a swing back to the Conservatives from Reform when people are actually faced with the ballot papers - might be significant in Constituencies like mine in the Conservative heartlands, where the projection is for a Labour victory by about 3% of the vote with Reform taking about 15% from the Conservatives. There really isn't anyone helping Labour win a huge majority on limited vote share more that Farage, splitting the right wing vote.

Without Reform UK, Labour would still be heading for a majority, but only a small one

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 04 Jul 2024, 10:39 am

JDizzle wrote:I would have a stab at:

Labour 40% (445)
Cons 22% (101)
Reform 14% (2)
Lib Dem 12% (53)

Some other predictions:

- Greens to win more seats than Reform (4>2)
- SNP down to 20 seats
- Turnout below 65%
- Farage wins, but Anderson loses
- Corbyn loses, but Galloway wins
- Someone says they will eat an item of clothing on the coverage if the exit poll is right

Heard Corbyn's been having problems with voters still thinking he's Labour and crossing the Labour box. Could be pivotal.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 04 Jul 2024, 10:39 am

the-goon wrote:

Look at almost every major city in Europe, the native Europeans are minorities in those cities. London, Paris, Birmingham, Berlin, etc.

But listen, I know how this conversation goes. It's not happening >> ok, it is but only a little >> ok, it's really happening, but it's a good thing!

The majority of London is white. If we're going down the native route not sure why a Serbian for instance has a right to live in a foreign country but an Indian doesn't?

So you're an advocate for all non natives of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA, South Africa etc to 'go home' to Europe?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 04 Jul 2024, 11:00 am

mountain man wrote:

There should be 11) Will Nigel Farage finally win a seat?

If he does he will cause chaos in parliment which would be quite fun. For clarity I'm not a Reform voter.

I don't think he would. He'd be like the dog that caught the car. We'd see his limitations as a politician with actual workable ideas, with anything useful to add to any given debate. I'm not convinced he'd turn up half the time, especially once we're into election season proper in the States. You could argue that it would suit Farage's grift / shtick better if he didn't win a seat.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 04 Jul 2024, 11:11 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

UK needs change......13%

The question was what was people's main reason for voting Labour. That's not quite the same thing.

Luckless Pedestrian

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 04 Jul 2024, 12:04 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

UK needs change......13%

The question was what was people's main reason for voting Labour. That's not quite the same thing.

Semantics....It shows a definitive lack of enthusiasm for Labour.....This guy has changed his party and he isn't likely to get the 40% Corbyn got in 2017.....and he is only coming close because people hate the Tories...

Same pollster 2017....

Agree with policies........28%
Get the Tories out.........15%
Corbyn........................13%

41 v 6......On leader and manifesto.....Get my drift ??? Hug

7.30 this morning voted Green and there were quite a few others there before me.....For what it is worth.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 04 Jul 2024, 12:16 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

UK needs change......13%

Semantics....It shows a definitive lack of enthusiasm for Labour.....This guy has changed his party and he isn't likely to get the 40% Corbyn got in 2017.....and he is only coming close because people hate the Tories...

Same pollster 2017....

7.30 this morning voted Green and there were quite a few others there before me.....For what it is worth.

Because there's a viable third/fourth party, picking up over 25% of the electorate, unlike in 2017 when the third party got 7%.

Starmer will get a majority. Corbyn never got close to 300 seats, never mind a majority.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 04 Jul 2024, 12:33 pm

Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

UK needs change......13%

Same pollster 2017....

Because there's a viable third/fourth party, picking up over 25% of the electorate, unlike in 2017 when the third party got 7%.

Starmer will get a majority. Corbyn never got close to 300 seats, never mind a majority.

No the minor parties got squeezed in 2017.....As I pointed out above 41% liked the leader and the policies...

Greens and Lib Dems both polling much higher now than in 2017......Greens are on 9% in one poll and the Libs 13% in another...

They got 3% and 7% in 2017.....Cheers.. Hug

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 04 Jul 2024, 1:21 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
the-goon wrote:

The majority of London is white. If we're going down the native route not sure why a Serbian for instance has a right to live in a foreign country but an Indian doesn't?

So you're an advocate for all non natives of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA, South Africa etc to 'go home' to Europe?

It's not non-natives he's really talking about, it's non-whites...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Pr4wn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 04 Jul 2024, 5:21 pm

Survation just put out its very last MRP updated from last night.

Lab 470
Con 68
Lib 59
Reform 15 ????
SNP 14
Green 4
Plaid 3...........Now that would be a bloodbath...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 04 Jul 2024, 5:22 pm

Its time like this Im glad I have to get up at 2 for my work. I might miss some fireworks but I'll have the coverage on all morning.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 04 Jul 2024, 5:25 pm

Samo wrote:Its time like this Im glad I have to get up at 2 for my work.  I might miss some fireworks but I'll have the coverage on all morning.

Anyone that gets up at 2am to work deserves some entertaining compensation..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 04 Jul 2024, 5:25 pm

Half tempted to take tomorrow off and pour out a shot everytime a cabinet member loses their seat but then I remember what the Tories have done to the nhs
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 04 Jul 2024, 5:26 pm

GSC wrote:Half tempted to take tomorrow off and pour out a shot everytime a cabinet member loses

Probably die of blood poisoning...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Thu 04 Jul 2024, 5:40 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
the-goon wrote:

98% white in 1961

54% white today.

Have we reached the "it's happening, and it's a good thing" part of the argument yet?

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 04 Jul 2024, 5:43 pm

Won't be back.

Racists are not welcome on these boards.

Pr4wn

navyblueshorts, Samo, Luckless Pedestrian, GSC and Pebbles like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 04 Jul 2024, 8:13 pm

I think we should all just agree on everything and sing Kumbaya.

Talk of the Tories being wiped out.......but what to believe...Tales being shared of despondent Tory canvassers trying to get out their vote.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 04 Jul 2024, 8:51 pm

Bit of late money for Corbyn, he's now odds on. The zero seats dream is, alas, 250/1.

Taken on a few punts for glory:

Voter turnout to be higher than 64.5% @ 13/8 (it was absolutely rammed in my polling station when I went to vote today. Me, four poll workers who looked comatose, and an old dear asking for a pen)
Lib Dems to get between 10% and 11.99% of the vote @ 7/4
Reform to get between 18% and 19.99% of the vote @ 7/2
Tories to get wiped out in Scotland (zero seats!) @ 5/1
Gorgeous George to win in Rochdale @ 9/4
Sunak to lose his seat @ 11/4
SNP to win 20 seats or more @ 1/1

Let's see what gets wiped out quicker. The Tories, or my bank balance. Very Happy

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 04 Jul 2024, 9:42 pm

I've put £10 at 9/4 on your bank balance.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 04 Jul 2024, 10:01 pm

410 for Labour
131 for Tories
61 for Lib Dems
13 Reform
10 SNP
2 Green

Better for the Tories than anticipated by any MRP, even More in Common. Astonishing number for Reform. Lower than thought for the SNP. About as expected for Labour and Lib Dems.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 04 Jul 2024, 10:05 pm

Friend of mine who works for a Labour MP kept saying that Tories always do better than predicted.
Given the nationwide disillusionment with mainstream politics and the main 2 parties, a large protest vote is to be expected, so not really surprising the LDs have gone way up and Reform have got a few.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next