The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Political round up.............

+22
No name Bertie
MrInvisible
Pr4wn
the-goon
Derek Smalls
dummy_half
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
king_carlos
JDizzle
superflyweight
Luckless Pedestrian
Pebbles
Soul Requiem
mountain man
TRUSSMAN66
Samo
lostinwales
Lowlandbrit
GSC
navyblueshorts
Duty281
26 posters

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Political round up............. - Page 10 Empty Political round up.............

Post by Duty281 Fri 01 Mar 2024, 7:58 am

First topic message reminder :

Astonishing win in terms of margin. I was surprised that the ex-Labour candidate polled as low as 8%, but I guess word spread about his removal and he was viewed, effectively, as another independent.

Even if he wasn't removed, I think Galloway still wins, so it was a stroke of luck for Starmer in that he can ignore this defeat.

I thought Galloway would be out when the GE rolls around; now I'm not 100% sure. The issue of Gaza is hurting Labour amongst its once almost guaranteed Muslim vote.

I think this result shows that an Islamic party, if led by a brilliant campaigner, is a very viable option for the future. They could stand in areas where the Muslim population is relatively high and maybe win a couple of dozen seats at a GE, being similar to the SNP in terms of insurgency.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 10 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by the-goon Mon 24 Jun 2024, 1:53 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
GSC wrote:I'm sure there are people who think reform are a force for good.

Most of them in Putin's cabinet
Quite: The Five Questions Nigel Farage is Never Asked About Brexit, Trump and Russia

Come on, Navy, let's hear the full conspiracy theory.

I've just read one that claimed Farage worked in Estonia in the early 1990s, where he eventually met Putin and apparently there's a picture of the two of them together (though it doesn't exist anymore), and this is where they concocted an evil scheme and got rich. The evidence for this was sadly all destroyed in a fire in 1996, but the person writing all this has 'a source', so that's a relief.

That's a belter of a conspiracy. But I think you can top it!
Zzzzzzzzz......

No answer? Shame. Damn the Russians!
It's a matter of record that Russia has interfered, and is interfering, in our democracy. It's a matter of record what Farage has recently said about Russia and Putin. Don't you think it might just be worth digging into that relationship a little bit more, especially as Farage is standing to be an MP?

Who interferes more AIPAC or Russia?

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 10 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by the-goon Mon 24 Jun 2024, 1:59 pm

Samo wrote:
the-goon wrote:
Samo wrote:
the-goon wrote:
Samo wrote:Another day, another list of offensive remarks by Reform candidates.

Any statements untrue? Or are you simply pearl clutching?

Do you agree its acceptable to describe someone as a "black bint"?

If it's good enough for a labour candidate, why not reform?

Whataboutery.  Pretty much what I expected.  Have a good day mate.

Are you also asking for the Labour candidate who loves "white male tears" to be de-selected too? Were you outraged too?

No? Well then clearly this isn't an appeal to standards or decency, it's partisanship.

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 24 Jun 2024, 2:22 pm

Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Quite: The Five Questions Nigel Farage is Never Asked About Brexit, Trump and Russia

I've just read one that claimed Farage worked in Estonia in the early 1990s, where he eventually met Putin and apparently there's a picture of the two of them together (though it doesn't exist anymore), and this is where they concocted an evil scheme and got rich. The evidence for this was sadly all destroyed in a fire in 1996, but the person writing all this has 'a source', so that's a relief.

Zzzzzzzzz......

It's a matter of record that Russia has interfered, and is interfering, in our democracy. It's a matter of record what Farage has recently said about Russia and Putin. Don't you think it might just be worth digging into that relationship a little bit more, especially as Farage is standing to be an MP?

I imagine numerous countries are interfering in our democracy.

It is indeed a matter of record what Farage has said: "I am not and never have been an apologist or supporter of Putin. His invasion of Ukraine was immoral, outrageous and indefensible. As a champion of national sovereignty, I believe that Putin was entirely wrong to invade the sovereign nation of Ukraine. Nobody can fairly accuse me of being an appeaser. I have never sought to justify Putin’s invasion in any way and I’m not now."

What I'm trying to get at is what you're alleging/have suspicions of and what your evidence is for those allegations/suspicions.
We're talking about Russia, specifically, because of Farage's links. Stop it with the irrelevant deflection.

I don't disagree that there's nothing that has stuck to Farage as yet. I'd argue, however, that this is something that perhaps needs deeper investigation; you disagree, which is fine. Words for someone like Farage are pretty meaningless and I don't suppose Putin gives two hoots what he says and understands full well that Farage might say one thing for local political expedience, but do something else entirely.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 24 Jun 2024, 2:24 pm

Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
the-goon wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Ah it's like we are back in 2016.

Election didn't go your way?

Was it your policies? Was it your track record of failure? Was your condescending dismissal of the wants/needs of the ppl? Did you not call them racist enough times?

No no no. It was RUSSIA!!!  

Does someone not subscribe to your woke, liberal worldview?

That's not someone who simply sees the world differently. it's an agent of Putin! Why honestly analyse their position and yours, when you can simply smear them as a bad person, call yourself a good person and continue with your day!
Cool. Avoid all the points made in the article, and evidence of association w/ Putin and his goons.

It's pertinent now, because of Farage's recent remarks re. Putin and Ukraine. And it's a matter of fact that there was campaign illegality etc re. funding of the two Leave campaigns.

I don't expect you to either listen, or to consider that your position might need to be a bit more circumspect in light of facts you'd rather not consider.

Both Vote Leave and Leave.EU had minor overspends, this is true, but as I pointed out in another post, the Remain campaign still dwarfed Leave's spending by several million. Also worth noting that Vote Leave only overspent because they were given incorrect advice from the Electoral Commission (confirmed in the High Court).

And worth remembering that the official Remain campaign and the Lib Dems were also in breach for not filing accurate spending returns and were fined accordingly.
Shhh. Don't mention Darren Grimes....

He was exonerated on appeal, what has he got to do with this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49048431
Yes; he's very innocent. He didn't receive any money, at all, from Vote Leave, and he definitely didn't then spend it with AggregateIQ. He may just about be innocent, but he was just a patsy for Banks and Farage etc.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 24 Jun 2024, 2:25 pm

Oops:

https://www.occrp.org/en/investigations/uk-tories-received-donation-from-company-linked-to-conservative-baronesss-scandal-hit-husband
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 24 Jun 2024, 2:28 pm

the-goon wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Zzzzzzzzz......

Who interferes more AIPAC or Russia?
Who cares? Typical whataboutery. This isn't a conversation about AIPAC.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 24 Jun 2024, 4:17 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
the-goon wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Ah it's like we are back in 2016.

Election didn't go your way?

Was it your policies? Was it your track record of failure? Was your condescending dismissal of the wants/needs of the ppl? Did you not call them racist enough times?

No no no. It was RUSSIA!!!  

Does someone not subscribe to your woke, liberal worldview?

That's not someone who simply sees the world differently. it's an agent of Putin! Why honestly analyse their position and yours, when you can simply smear them as a bad person, call yourself a good person and continue with your day!
Cool. Avoid all the points made in the article, and evidence of association w/ Putin and his goons.

It's pertinent now, because of Farage's recent remarks re. Putin and Ukraine. And it's a matter of fact that there was campaign illegality etc re. funding of the two Leave campaigns.

I don't expect you to either listen, or to consider that your position might need to be a bit more circumspect in light of facts you'd rather not consider.

Both Vote Leave and Leave.EU had minor overspends, this is true, but as I pointed out in another post, the Remain campaign still dwarfed Leave's spending by several million. Also worth noting that Vote Leave only overspent because they were given incorrect advice from the Electoral Commission (confirmed in the High Court).

And worth remembering that the official Remain campaign and the Lib Dems were also in breach for not filing accurate spending returns and were fined accordingly.
Shhh. Don't mention Darren Grimes....

He was exonerated on appeal, what has he got to do with this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49048431
Yes; he's very innocent. He didn't receive any money, at all, from Vote Leave, and he definitely didn't then spend it with AggregateIQ. He may just about be innocent, but he was just a patsy for Banks and Farage etc.

No, not Banks and Farage. They had nothing to do with Vote Leave. No one is disputing the money, it's just that it should have been declared by Vote Leave and wasn't (because of incorrect advice from the Electoral Commission).

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 24 Jun 2024, 4:20 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Zzzzzzzzz......

It is indeed a matter of record what Farage has said: "I am not and never have been an apologist or supporter of Putin. His invasion of Ukraine was immoral, outrageous and indefensible. As a champion of national sovereignty, I believe that Putin was entirely wrong to invade the sovereign nation of Ukraine. Nobody can fairly accuse me of being an appeaser. I have never sought to justify Putin’s invasion in any way and I’m not now."

What I'm trying to get at is what you're alleging/have suspicions of and what your evidence is for those allegations/suspicions.
We're talking about Russia, specifically, because of Farage's links. Stop it with the irrelevant deflection.

I don't disagree that there's nothing that has stuck to Farage as yet. I'd argue, however, that this is something that perhaps needs deeper investigation; you disagree, which is fine. Words for someone like Farage are pretty meaningless and I don't suppose Putin gives two hoots what he says and understands full well that Farage might say one thing for local political expedience, but do something else entirely.

Yes, and what I'm asking is deeper investigation into what? What do you suspect is going on?

You also started by saying 'it's a matter of record what Farage has said', so I posted what he said, now apparently it's pretty meaningless what Farage said. O...K.

Duty281

the-goon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Mon 24 Jun 2024, 4:58 pm

Wow, Duty seems to really know his stuff, very informed.

I'm surprised an avid Byline Times reader isn't as informed or more.

the-goon

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 24 Jun 2024, 5:04 pm

Duty is one of the most right-wing posters on this forum, but he does know his stuff, and doesn't come across as a know-it-all, sanctimonious, self-righteous d1ck, which is why we are usually willing to discuss political matters with him.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Jun 2024, 5:28 pm

First poll since Farage Putin-gate...

Redfield wilton..

Lab 42 =
Ref 19 =
Con18 =
Lib 12 +1

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 24 Jun 2024, 6:09 pm

Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Zzzzzzzzz......

Yes, and what I'm asking is deeper investigation into what? What do you suspect is going on?

You also started by saying 'it's a matter of record what Farage has said', so I posted what he said, now apparently it's pretty meaningless what Farage said. O...K.
Never mind. It's not worth the effort. Work it out. You carry on believing that Russia's influence is benign and that there's nothing other than Farage possibly being an unwitting idiot in the Kremlin's games.

As for Farage's words, FFS. I'm not basing any supposition on just that single quote, but you go ahead and believe what you like.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 24 Jun 2024, 6:14 pm

the-goon wrote:Wow, Duty seems to really know his stuff, very informed.

Duty does know a lot of stuff, but is often selective as to what he/she posts, when it suits him/her. Much like we all do, probably.
Unlike your good self, most of us can have a decent enough conversation, a lot of the time, w/ Duty. You, on the other hand, are a racist douchebag who isn't really worth the time of day.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Jun 2024, 6:33 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:

Duty does know a lot of stuff, but is often selective as to what he/she posts, when it suits him/her. Much like we all do, probably.
Unlike your good self, most of us can have a decent enough conversation, a lot of the time, w/ Duty. You, on the other hand, are a racist douchebag who isn't really worth the time of day.

Duty is a character and this site is better for having him.....He does have this irritating habit of ascribing views to people they don't have though...If you can't beat an argument beat an imaginary one instead.. Hug

Deltapoll post Putin...

Lab 43 -3
Con 19 =
Ref 15 -1

As I expected foreign affairs doesn't usually change the dial that much unless a Country is itself at war......Immigration is still the mover for Reform...

But have they peaked ???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 24 Jun 2024, 7:13 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Duty is one of the most right-wing posters on this forum, but he does know his stuff, and doesn't come across as a know-it-all, sanctimonious, self-righteous d1ck, which is why we are usually willing to discuss political matters with him.

I'm not even that right wing. Sure, I'd bring back hanging tomorrow, but apart from that...

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 24 Jun 2024, 7:14 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Zzzzzzzzz......

Never mind. It's not worth the effort. Work it out. You carry on believing that Russia's influence is benign and that there's nothing other than Farage possibly being an unwitting idiot in the Kremlin's games.

As for Farage's words, FFS. I'm not basing any supposition on just that single quote, but you go ahead and believe what you like.

Well I was trying to understand your point of view, but once again you're dodging these questions.

Is your idea that Farage is in the employ of Russia, and his entire political career has existed for this reason?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 24 Jun 2024, 7:16 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:

He/him. We don't actually have any women here, as far as I'm aware. It's like one of those outdated golf clubs.

And let's leave the insults, shall we?

Duty281

the-goon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 24 Jun 2024, 7:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Duty is a character and this site is better for having him.....He does have this irritating habit of ascribing views to people they don't have though...If you can't beat an argument beat an imaginary one instead.. Hug

Deltapoll post Putin...

Lab 43 -3
Con 19 =
Ref  15 -1

As I expected foreign affairs doesn't usually change the dial that much unless a Country is itself at war......Immigration is still the mover for Reform...

But have they peaked ???

No, I don't.

Reform haven't peaked. I'm hoping they get 18%+ at the GE. Would be great to see them beat the Tories in terms of vote share, but that's a bonus objective (and still attainable). Seats? Maybe half a dozen.

UKIP faltered in the closing weeks in 2015 because the election outcome was in doubt. No such hindrances this time.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Tue 25 Jun 2024, 8:52 am

Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

He/him. We don't actually have any women here, as far as I'm aware. It's like one of those outdated golf clubs.

Yeah, he tends to post things that are correct, and fact check left wing conspiracy theories.

Serious question, has he changed your opinion on anything? You accuse me of being closed minded, well let's see you being the change you want to see.

Agree, you are better than childish insults. Be better.

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 25 Jun 2024, 10:46 am

the-goon wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Yeah, he tends to post things that are correct, and fact check left wing conspiracy theories.

Serious question, has he changed your opinion on anything? You accuse me of being closed minded, well let's see you being the change you want to see.

What left wing conspiracies has he ever corrected ???.....Still waiting to see what Diane Abbott wrote that was antisemitic ?? He's obfuscated on that one plenty....You agree with his politics so you're naturally biased...Bless.

Welsh poll......ITV...changes since GE19.

Lab... 48....+8
Con... 19... -17
Ref.....12.... +7
Plaid...12... +2

Plaid surprisingly struggling to filter through....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 25 Jun 2024, 10:54 am

"Still waiting to see what Diane Abbott wrote that was antisemitic"

That has been answered numerous times.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Tue 25 Jun 2024, 11:18 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
the-goon wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

What left wing conspiracies has he ever corrected ???.....Still waiting to see what Diane Abbott wrote that was antisemitic ?? He's obfuscated on that one plenty....You agree with his politics so you're naturally biased...Bless.

Lab... 48....+8
Con... 19... -17
Ref.....12.... +7
Plaid...12... +2

Literally right now, Farage being a puppet of Putin.

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 25 Jun 2024, 11:26 am

the-goon wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
the-goon wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Lab... 48....+8
Con... 19... -17
Ref.....12.... +7
Plaid...12... +2

I must have missed that bit.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 25 Jun 2024, 11:48 am

Duty281 wrote:"Still waiting to see what Diane Abbott wrote that was antisemitic"

That has been answered numerous times.

I rest my case.... Rolling Eyes

As for Farage well it shows the folly of a guy being in love with his own voice....Wants to defund the BBC and then goes on and gives them an open goal...

Brightside is...Foreign affairs don't often win elections unless you're actively at war.....Farage fanboys are still mainly interested in wanting to watch people from war torn Countries drown in the ocean.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Tue 25 Jun 2024, 1:15 pm

the-goon wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

I’m not better than childish insults, its great to see Dan Wootton and Darren Grimes finding ways to occupy themselves between grifting on Twitter though

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 25 Jun 2024, 11:04 pm

I see Stephen Yaxley has been arrested again. Nothing epitomises the glorious British bulldog spirit than repeatedly breaking the law.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 25 Jun 2024, 11:11 pm

I assume he's delighted to be in a country where they defend their borders against illegal immigrants
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Wed 26 Jun 2024, 7:46 am

GSC wrote:I assume he's delighted to be in a country where they defend their borders against illegal immigrants

Wouldn't you also be delighted to live in a country that defends their borders against illegal immigrants?

How is this a "far right" position? Enforcing the law.

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 26 Jun 2024, 9:36 am

Two (very similar) telephone polls out this morning from Survation and Ipsos:

Lab - 41/42
Con - 18/19
Reform - 14/15
LD - 12/11
Greens - 5/7

If you put a gun to my head now, I would say that is where I would have a stab at putting the result. Give or take a few points for tactical reasons.

Ipsos’s MRP had the Tories on 115 seats at 25% and Survation were 71 at 24%. Hardly breaking news at this point but sub 20 is Armageddon.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Wed 26 Jun 2024, 9:56 am

I think Reform are going to be closer to the Tories in vote share, unfortunately

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 26 Jun 2024, 10:40 am

Duty281 wrote:...Well I was trying to understand your point of view, but once again you're dodging these questions.

Is your idea that Farage is in the employ of Russia, and his entire political career has existed for this reason?
No; that's not my idea. At least, there's no evidence of that. I am possibly suggesting that there are links there that might merit further investigation. For example, he lied, on record, that he'd ever met the Russian Ambassador - why? Is it reasonable that he knew nothing of Banks's many meetings at the Russian Embassy during the Brexit campaign? I doubt it.

He's a pretty slick operator and appears to have the dictum of 'plausible deniability' down to a tee. Let's see how lucky he continues to be...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 26 Jun 2024, 10:42 am

Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Ta for the clarification. I was just hedging bets to be sure.

You're probably correct on the insults in future. As the-goon would say, though, I'm 100% correct.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 26 Jun 2024, 10:43 am

the-goon wrote:

Literally, no-one has actually suggested that.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Jun 2024, 12:09 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
the-goon wrote:

Farage did say the war was Putin's fault.....But not being a politician and being too gobby he did blame NATO for provoking it....Which wasn't really too far from the truth......But naive in the extreme.

Last 3 polls see the Tories below 20 and the trend is not a friend.......Putin has shaved a point or two off Reform but the Tories aren't benefitting..

Sunak v Starmer tonight.......Best let Starmer have it....Last chance saloon is calling last orders.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 26 Jun 2024, 12:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
the-goon wrote:

Farage did say the war was Putin's fault.....But not being a politician and being too gobby he did blame NATO for provoking it....Which wasn't really too far from the truth......But naive in the extreme.

Last 3 polls see the Tories below 20 and the trend is not a friend.......Putin has shaved a point or two off Reform but the Tories aren't benefitting..

Sunak v Starmer tonight.......Best let Starmer have it....Last chance saloon is calling last orders.

Sorry but I'm not having that. He was literally a member of an actual parliament for years, and has tried seven times to be a member of ours. Everything he does and says is political. Sure, he makes money off the back of it, but that doesn't mean he's not a politician. The idea that he's some kind of outsider is b*llocks.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 26 Jun 2024, 12:57 pm

GSC wrote:I assume he's delighted to be in a country where they defend their borders against illegal immigrants
The irony being that Stephen Waxy Lemon was arrested for immigration offences - lied on the visa form by stating he had no criminal record.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Wed 26 Jun 2024, 1:28 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:...Well I was trying to understand your point of view, but once again you're dodging these questions.

No; that's not my idea. At least, there's no evidence of that. I am possibly suggesting that there are links there that might merit further investigation. For example, he lied, on record, that he'd ever met the Russian Ambassador - why? Is it reasonable that he knew nothing of Banks's many meetings at the Russian Embassy during the Brexit campaign? I doubt it.

He's a pretty slick operator and appears to have the dictum of 'plausible deniability' down to a tee. Let's see how lucky he continues to be...

So what if they met Russian officials? How would that affect the Brexit vote?

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 26 Jun 2024, 1:51 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:

I'm unsure about this. I think it needs qualification and context. The quote where Farage supposedly said 'I've never met the Russian Ambassador' (unless I'm looking at the wrong clip) is actually:

"I do remember meeting the big boss man from the American Embassy, and I was happy to talk to him about all of this, although I'd not met the Russian Ambassador, to put it into context."

To me it seems that he's saying that he didn't meet the Russian Ambassador at the time of meeting the American Ambassador, but I suppose it's open to interpretation.

Farage knew of at least one meeting Banks had with the Russian Ambassador because Farage publicly said he was invited to it.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Jun 2024, 6:12 pm

Findoutnow MRP......Has Labour on 450 mps.....Libs 71 Mps...Tories 60 mps... Reform 18mps...

I think it equates to....

Lab 40
Ref 17
Con 15
Lib 14

A month long poll so it doesn't take in to account Putin etc..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Thu 27 Jun 2024, 8:09 am

Did anyone watch the debate? Who won? Does anyone care?

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 27 Jun 2024, 8:19 am

Does it matter? Rather watch the euros...
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 27 Jun 2024, 2:22 pm

GSC wrote:Does it matter? Rather watch the euros...
Not if it's England you're proposing. Awful.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 28 Jun 2024, 11:13 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
GSC wrote:Does it matter? Rather watch the euros...
Not if it's England you're proposing. Awful.

Could be worse, could be Scottish.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 28 Jun 2024, 5:27 pm

And, surprising absolutely nobody, Reform turn out to be what everyone thought they always were: https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c10l5qd8p60o

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Fri 28 Jun 2024, 5:45 pm

Surely it’s obvious to everyone that the Tories, Channel 4, the migrants, Labour, Lord Lucan and Humpty Dumpty are just all in on a conspiracy to make Reform look bad?!

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Fri 28 Jun 2024, 6:59 pm

Surprisingly we get the usual narratives promoted into headlines from our "unbiased" generators of news while they blame minor tiktok wannerbes for "influencing" election results. Latest headline four Reform volunteers caught making racist slurs.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Fri 28 Jun 2024, 7:14 pm

Whoever came up with the line "threat to our democracy" to describe Trump and Trump supporters needs some sort of award, because that line has been repeated wherever there has been a democratic election around the world ever since - as an "argument" as to why one must vote for this particular candidate or that particular political party.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Fri 28 Jun 2024, 10:35 pm

Yeah we wouldn't want any scrutiny of people running for elected office, down with that sort of thing

Pebbles

Luckless Pedestrian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 29 Jun 2024, 8:18 am

Farage exposed quite incredibly last night on Question Time. He has no plans, only empty rhetoric. Not even close to a serious politician, just a professional Poopie-stirrer.

Samo

Luckless Pedestrian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 29 Jun 2024, 12:27 pm

Reform aren't a racist party but they mysteriously seem to attract a lot of racists
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next