The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

+11
nick_fury
CJB
SirJohnnyEnglish
Sgt_Pooly
Steven_Sharks
Ozzy3213
stnick88
LukeLovesLuka
dammit_chris
prop_lyd
Driver
15 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 5 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

Post by Driver Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:16 am

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 5 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Welcome to the Aviva Premiership

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 5 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
LDCPete
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LDCPete Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases

Waiting List
1. Sam
2. pullthestrings
3. Bathite

Last edited by Driver - RIP 606 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

Post by Driver Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:44 am

I thought Joubert was a bit hit and miss with the scrums didn't seem to want to cause any real confusions just pinged the obvious (Except Franks on his knees).

I don't think New Zealand were that impressive with regards to back play besides Nonu running some hard lines early on. The line out also looked shakey at times and they relied a lot on Thorn to secure the ball - He'll be a bigger loss than Mils.

For me Francois Trinh - Duc was man of the match , he completely changed the game giving the French some structure built his patterns of play well and kept the All Blacks in there own half with some tremendous field kicking.

I'm going to knock up my French player ratings and post them on here and the main board just now.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

Post by Driver Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:05 am

1. Jean Baptiste Poux - 6 - Didn’t really set the world alight with his scrimmaging but done all that was asked of him and kept Franks at bay.

2.William Servat - 8 - Nailed his basics , made a few trundles and kept up his reputation as the best scrimmaging hook in world rugby. Made as many if not more tackles than Dus

3.Nicolas Mas - 7 - Sam as Poux really done what was asked of him and kept Woodcock in his pocket.

4.Pascal Pape - 5 - Made a few ‘Mauritz Botha’ carries when the French really needed ‘Bakkies Botha’ carries.

5.Lionel Nalled - 6 - Put the graft in and worked well in his pod with the back row.

6.Thiery Duisitour - 8 - Took the game to all blacks , great work ethic , Hit on Cruden early on signalled how much he was up for this.

7.Juilian Bonaire - 9 - Was immense from what I saw , scrapped for everything , hit every ruck as if his life depended on it , put plenty of pressure on Weepu to the extent they bought on the ‘harder’ Cowen.

8.Immanol Harinorquiy - 9 - Great game from him at 8 , will be giving Sam Whitelock nightmears for weeks to come after what he done to him at the lineout. Kept France in the game the first half.

9.Dimitri Yachvilli - 7 - Mr boring at 9 , Done everything asked of him in a typical Yach performance , won’t ever let anyone down.

10.Morgan Parra - 5- Ma’a Nonu rattled him early doors so didn’t get into the game before being subbed.

11.Alexis Pallison - 6 - Ran around enough and came looking for work , most improved player in this world cup.

12.Maxime mermoz - 7 - looked to move the ball but needs more creativity outside him - Fantastic in defence.

13.Aurilian Rougirie - 8- the go to guy every back line needs , caused Smith plenty of problems with his hard running.

14.Vincent Clerc - 5- Never had any ball to do anything really.

15. Maxime Medard - 6 - Gave a solid performance at 15 and looks to have nailed the shirt for france , will be feeling sore from McCaws hit in the morning.

16.Dimitri Szarzeski - 6 - Carried a bit but wasn’t as impressive as Servat.

17.Fabian Baracella - 5 - kept the scrum stable , but didn’t do much else.

18. Juilian Pierre - 6 - Should have started over Pape - bought a bit of go forth to france.

21. Francois Trinh - Duc - 9 - Completely changed the game put france in the right areas ad dictated play brilliantly.

22. Damian Traille - 7 - Reasonable performance great follow up to steal the high ball from Dagg.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:10 am

Not sure how you can score Dusautoir lower than his back row colleagues to be honest driver. He was immense for France today, lost count of the tackles and carries he made.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:13 am

Good write up Driver, I'd have both Dus and Hari on 9's and Bonnaire maybe 7. Didn't think he was that impressive myself.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:14 am

Think you've been harsh on poux, pape, dus, medard and yachvilli.

France were excellent. AB back line didn't get a look in.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:33 am

Outstanding battle Poux and franks never used to rate franks but don't
Mind admitting he is top drawer. He is no mas or Castro scrum wise but look at his age.will become a beast.
Same with dan cole who for
Me is a special tight head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:36 am

Would have dus bonnaire and hari at 9 great backrow performance. Not often you see read totally outplayed.

How did France lose ??

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:36 am

Would agree with Luke on some of the scores, thought French second row were very good and medard had his best game for them in a long time.

All Blacks were a very lucky team today, should have lost.

Not sure how many All Blacks would have got above a 7 today, pretty sure Joubert would have scored an 11 from them though...

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:41 am

I was actually cringing at Joubert. Found it embarrassing at times. Nearly as embarrassing as Weepu's kicking.

Livreemont lost them the game with Parra at 10. FTD proved ou need players in their right positions. He was desperate to get Yach and Parra in the same side I guess.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:42 am

Pooly that mccaw tackle on medard crucial. Personally think medard is dross but Richie was immense.

Lots saying its his last game if so what a game. Personally I think he will carry om

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:47 am

kaino and mccaw stood out for me
dagg showed glimpses of class

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:51 am

Weepu isnt a great player at all - never has been, NZ dont have any decent no9s coming through either. Will be interesting to see what happens with them as they really need to find someone who can replace McCaw and Carter - dont think they have any 7's coming through at the moment? Think when those two players stop playing for them then international rugby will get a lot closer - best two players of the last decade cant be replaced.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:54 am

Matt Todd
Luke Whitelock

Two very good young back rowers there
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:56 am

Similar to Aussie team when hayden, McGrath etc quit at cricket. Can't replace people like Richie. Carter good for another 5 years.

Dagg's kicking was amazing 70 metre clearances is a forwards dream.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:57 am

Todd very average. Young braid more likely

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:07 am

Players like Carter, Nonu, McCaw, Smith etc I fully expect to keep playing for NZ untill 2015 when they will all be around 34 ish. McCaw needs to be managed well as he picks up a lot of injuries each season. Might be best for Todd to move Franchises if McCaw does play a lot. The positions they need to look at are Hooker, LH Prop (Franks likely to be the man there), Enforcer lock, 9 (desperately).

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:14 am

With you there Steve. McCaw has just signed 4 year deal with AB so pretty unlikely he'll quit. Heard he may come up north with Carter for a season.

Read was hardly outclassed, think he made 60m in first 20mins of play. France looked the better team in second, Hari and Dus superb. No Bonnaire fan but he played well also

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:25 am

Hari and bonnaire were immense. Their lineout prowess stops teams playing. Lineout is most crucial attacking ball and they are worlds best. Even Ali Williams their best lineout man could not sort it.

Think nz will struggle depth wise. No 10 No fb if dagg injured , no 13 if smith out, no hooker etc

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:31 am

Todd was the form 7 of the Super 15. If thats very average Id like to see what you consider good Matt?

To be fair All Blacks were badly hit with Cruden going off. Completly changed their structure. I was watching the match on the Irish channels and commentators highlighted the fact New Zealand were nearly afraid to give Donald the ball at times and just completly bypassed him.

Immense performance from the French though and nothing can be taken away from them. Backrow was immense and really got through some work. Harri and Dus were everywhere. Trinc-Duc was the changing point. Great performance from him at flyhalf.

Cracking performance from McCaw. Hopefully thats not the last we see of him but think Pete is right. If he plays on we wont see him muh over the next year for Crusaders or All Blacks

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:34 am

Cruden looked good during wc. Todd looks good for Canterbury but for me no player.

Thought Donald went well. Defended superbly as you would expect as he is a unit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:38 am

What's the injury rules ?? Leicester beat me but played poff who was injured ?? In real life thats a massive loss ?

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:40 am

Injurys start from this week Matt mate so all players were available for the 2nd Anglo Welsh game thumbsup

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:42 am

Trying to salvage something lol?? Damn sharples
Etc would have played

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:14 am

I thought injuries were this week too - I'm getting quite confused with everything with this game, as I would have played a few of my injured players too.

Donald's a good fly half, he'll be a star at Bath - Cruden did no better than him today. Trouble with NZ is that they had no idea who was controlling the game for them when Weepu was at no9 as he was taking all kicks and making the decisions - when that should have been Cruden and Donald for them. Don't rate Weepu, I'd have 4-5 English no9's as better than him - reminds me of Shaun Perry but with a beard and can kick (sometimes).

Matt Todd's ok, but he's not an international no7 for me - if he was the best flanker in super 15 he'd have gone as McCaw's understudy instead of Thomson who I'm pretty sure isnt even a no7!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:18 am

Injuries start this week , i posted them last week as i wasn't sure how much i'd be on this week! mad

Also Eddie Jones to take the Japan job

http://www.espnscrum.com/2011-rugby-world-cup/rugby/story/152324.html
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:26 am

Guys: I have Phil Chester and Le Bourgeois in my squad. Both play National One rugby and I was just wondering whether they'd be rated if I played them in LV and Amlin (against the lower teams)?

Chesters is top try scorer having scored 3 hattricks on the bounce, Le Bourgeois has received 3 consecutive motm awards and appears to be a goal kicking machine who can run over a few tries too.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:28 am

Vito was played at 7 as was thomson which shows Todd standing

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:33 am

Dont get the Todd bashing at all. Just because Graham Henry didnt take him to the world cup doesnt make him a bad player. Was the form openside of the whole Super 15 in what was his debut season at that level no? The boy is some talent. If he wasnt rated he wouldnt have been asked down to the training sessions by Henry and co to play "opposition". We shall see over the next year or so how he comes on. Looks like McCaw wont be playing alot so that shirt is wide open for him to take.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:38 am

Todd trained with the AB's when McCaw was struggling. He's clearly rated in their camp.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:42 am

Todd is a good player and a real prospect, I think his lack of experience hindered him making WC rather than talent.

I don't get this knocking a player because he's so far down an Int pecking order, doesn't make them less of a player.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:45 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Todd is a good player and a real prospect, I think his lack of experience hindered him making WC rather than talent.

I don't get this knocking a player because he's so far down an Int pecking order, doesn't make them less of a player.

Exactly, I'm probably 450th ranked for Wales at Hooker at the moment but doesn't mean I wouldn't be rated on this game Wink
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:48 am

Same for Donald I guess then Pooly?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:51 am

Got to take players on merit rather than Int pecking order. Juandre Kruger knocked for me because he's not in SA frame but he was best lock in Prem when he left.

Prop, I struggle to rate players I've not seen. All depends on what opposition your playing mate.

Chris, not sure what you mean about Donald. He's a solid FH, I certainly don't rate him any more or less because of his pecking order for the AB's.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:52 am

Just like i'm probably 12th in English open side order atm Prop - we're trying everyone to stop the Bread maker!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:54 am

Ok cheers Pooly....Le Bourgeois is still young so hopefully he'll get picked up and Ealing seem unstoppable so fingers crossed Chesters gets a go in Championship
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:54 am

I don't knock Kruger because he's not a starting Bok Pooly, it's because when I seen him for the Bulls in the Currie Cup this year he has been distinctly average! thumbsup
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:54 am

Whitelock is a good player at 7/6 but not international I struggle to see what Todd adds ? Same as Caleb Ralph lucky to play for Canterbury same as freuan, maitland etc

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:00 am

Thats the Robbie Freuen who was form 13 of the super 15 with Fourie this year? You dont rate many of the Crusaders in form young guns do you Matt? Todd is an out and out 7. Fantastic potential and seems well rated in New Zealand. Cracking season this year and if he keeps it up he will be McCaws replacement long term. If he were English we would be praising him to the moon as a world beater already

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:04 am

You don't rate Fruen Matt?

Must have watched different games to me on Kruger Pete, he's been the standout player often when I've watched. Article written about him after Lions game few weeks back:

"The stalwart was brilliant; there is no other way to put it. He played his heart out for 80 minutes and did everything that was expected of him and more. His defence was outstanding, especially in the tight exchanges. His line-out play was inspiring. His fearless ball carrying was something to behold. In short, Kruger has set a standard of loc play that can only stand the Bulls in good stead for the remainder of the season."

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:09 am

Difference playing in a good side sje. Freuan has poor hands and cannot be played outside nonu.

Canterbury produce more talent than any club but also "club players " look better playing for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:10 am

In truth Pooly, while the WC has been on I've not seen much, so am going on what I saw earlier in the CC season, where he was poor, as were a number of Bulls players which has resulted in them finishing in the bottom half of the table and not making the play offs.

Also, I tend to go on what I see and not what I read Wink
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:12 am

you say that Matt but he played outside SBW and did pretty dam well!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:14 am

Agreed pete Kruger was poor when I saw him.

He must be 5th choice at bulls for a reason bakkies roussouw matfield flip etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:16 am

Nick sbw is a great ball player so gave freuan room to run straight which he does well. Outside nonu he would be dreadful. I am not the greatest nonu fan but he was player of wc with kaino and hari. Hari only played well in knockout phases but that shows class

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:21 am

You're really harsh Matt!!

Things are a little less straight forward than club/Int player. Fruen has the talent to step up to Int without doubt as does Maitland etc. S15 is not too far off Int level so a top performer at S15 is a pretty good indication that he'd step up.

Hari player of the WC?!?!?! Seriously?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:25 am

Kaino and nonu player of wc for me. Player of wc in knockout phase hari, dusatoir or bonnaire.

Bonnaire man of match vs England and Wales although I had hari for it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:27 am

Freuan could play outside a footballing 12 maybe. Maitland never an international. They have embarrassing strength their Jane, kahui, sbw, Guildford , masaga , gear, sivi all above him

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:32 am

Not much shame in been behind Matfield Matt, you do like your ranking of players! Still think Kruger would walk into England squad myself, shame he knocked us back. Been very good in CC.

How can you "never be an International" at 22/23?!?! Hosea Gear got first cap at 26, Maitland was best wing in S15 with Ioane & Guildford. Do you ever stop with the knocking of players? Lol

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:32 am

I thought Nonu was below par today. He wasn't bad or anything, but has played a lot better in other games. Player of the tournament is a tough call, as in the pool stages there are too many walkover games.

Looking at players who produced performances when the big games came round and their teams needed them, Kaino, McCaw, Dusautoir and Roberts are the four players who spring immediately to mind.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:34 am

maitland is good but agree is way down the list of nz wingers. but no shame there as they have so many.

hari was immense from the england game onwards

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next