The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Scottish International Rugby Thread

+59
alive555
tazfalklands
reallybored
Heuer27
flyhalffactory
tigertattie
RuggerRadge2611
Scrumpy
doctor_grey
cakeordeath
lostinwales
BigGee
Hood83
jimbopip
Jhamer25
Majestic83
blindsided
funnyExiledScot
Mr Bounce
SneakySideStep
beshocked
HammerofThunor
Taffineastbourne
rodders
EWT Spoons
nickj
Sam
demosthenes
Captain_Sensible
offload
MacKnocked-on
TheMildlyFranticLlama
RDW
aucklandlaurie
mystiroakey
Nachos Jones
George Carlin
Biltong
Pal Joey
Notch
Yoda
Portnoy's Complaint
Shifty
bedfordwelsh
TJ
nganboy
ChequeredJersey
WELL-PAST-IT
21st Century Schizoid Man
kiakahaaotearoa
Allty
fa0019
GloriousEmpire
Nematode
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Scratch
SecretFly
R!skysports
63 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Scottish International Rugby Thread - Page 9 Empty The Scottish International Rugby Thread

Post by R!skysports Fri 07 Feb 2014, 12:45 am

First topic message reminder :

As a die hard Scotland rugby supporter, over the years I have been dragged through the mill. Poor selections, poor coaches and poor players.

Through thick and thin I have bleed blue, but is it time to say, enough is enough.

The incompetence and down right corruption* at the sru means I have been supporting a system and structure that, is to be frank, not deserving of my support.

When is it time to say, enough is enough. You shall not take my support for granted, and I will not support that was of space that is the sru.

Can we evoke change and move away from the old blazers who are destroying our game

Should we stop watching our team who currently make a fool of themselves

I am getting close to saying yes. I am almost at the point I do not care about our team And will sod off to go shopping this weekend

Our continued passion means our support ratifies the sru. Is it time to go on strike to show our displeasure, even if that means we miss out of watching our passion.

Can we affect the outcome

Your a dispirited and depressed Scotsman

*no proof of real corruption, but certainly an ability to corrupt the supporter

BUT I SUPPORT SCOTLAND TO THE END - GO SCOTLAND

(edited text, as the super duper mix tape of threads needed a most positive intro :-)

Last edited by Riskysports on Thu 20 Feb 2014, 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am in a good mood - so positive it is)

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

The Scottish International Rugby Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Scottish International Rugby Thread

Post by Scrumpy Fri 14 Feb 2014, 3:04 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:Does Salmond attend the games and wave his pocket sized flag?

He's a man of the people, so more likely to back football I suspect.

Do you play football in Scotland, I've never heard it mentioned here in the South!

I hope you don't think I'm bullying you by going off topic?
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

The Scottish International Rugby Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Scottish International Rugby Thread

Post by SecretFly Fri 14 Feb 2014, 3:08 pm

Isn't it a Scot that is the best ever and ever football manager that ever walked Planet England since the world was made?

Yep, I think they know something about football.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 14 Feb 2014, 3:12 pm

Scrumpy wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Do you play football in Scotland, I've never heard it mentioned here in the South!

I think it's more bluff and bluster than bullying (what a stupid soundbite that was).

We have better managers than players in Scotland in a football sense, but we still produce the odd gem. Watch out for Ryan Gauld at Dundee United - one for the future. The Mark Bennett of Scottish football.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 14 Feb 2014, 4:09 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

I think it's more bluff and bluster than bullying (what a stupid soundbite that was).

We have better managers than players in Scotland in a football sense, but we still produce the odd gem. Watch out for Ryan Gauld at Dundee United - one for the future. The Mark Bennett of Scottish football.

BOOM! nice one FES.

Mind you, I dont get why we produce such good wendyball managers but such keek rugby managers!!!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 14 Feb 2014, 4:30 pm

A game for Wendy verses a Game for William Wallace? It's a toss up. Maybe the football managers should have been rugby one's instead..and the rugby ones ... well, should have taken care of Wendy?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 14 Feb 2014, 5:50 pm

It never used to be that way. McGeechan and Telfer were always highly regarded and forward thinking coaches, however we then because transfixed with foreign coaches (much like English football), and just seemed to assume that there were better and had more knowledge of the game.

Even Frank Hadden, widely regarded as out of his depth, performed comparably if not better than Williams, Robbo and Johnson (certainly the two Aussies, who were and are a total disaster).

There's a lot to be said for sticking with home grown talent that knows both the players and the ethos of Scottish rugby.

The most successful teams in the world tend to be those who stick with their own (NZ, SA, England and France). Australia changed approach with Deans and that didn't seem to work well for them. That's not to say home talent will always work. Gareth Jenkins and Martin Johnson stand tall in the league of incompetent supremos.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 14 Feb 2014, 6:49 pm

Scrumpy wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

I can confirm that we definitely don't play fooball in Scotland. It resembles football. Just without the skill, athleticism, conditioning, planning, joy or, uh, what's that oher word? Yes. "Competence".
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 14 Feb 2014, 6:51 pm

What the actual feck!!! The plums at the SRU are still saying our target is to win the World Cup next year!!!

Really!!!!

Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri 14 Feb 2014, 6:54 pm

tigertattie wrote:What the actual feck!!! The plums at the SRU are still saying our target is to win the World Cup next year!!!

Really!!!!

Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Classic post. Are Scots fans collectively losing the plot. It seems that way. One hopes that the SRU have communicated their plans to the players, right now it looks like no one got the memo

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Argybargy Fri 14 Feb 2014, 7:51 pm

tigertattie wrote:What the actual feck!!! The plums at the SRU are still saying our target is to win the World Cup next year!!!

Really!!!!

Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did they repeat it again? Like recently? Shocked 

Argybargy

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 14 Feb 2014, 8:25 pm

Argybargy wrote:

Really!!!!

Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did they repeat it again? Like recently? Shocked 

beeb wrote:Mark Dodson, the chief executive of Scottish Rugby, is sticking by his ambition of World Cup glory in 2015.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/26194618
Go home Dodson you're drunk!

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 14 Feb 2014, 8:27 pm

Also watching the Saracens game. Brown is playing at 6. I repeat Kelly David Robert Brown is playing at 6 and he just made a great turnover. Hope RabC is watching...

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Argybargy Fri 14 Feb 2014, 8:31 pm

Oh lord. I just saw it on the beeb. I expect this was off the back of a journo casting this up again in an interview - well when you talk utter b*ll*cks you can expect it resurface when things ...er...aren't "going to plan." *

*Assuming there is a plan.

Argybargy

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 15 Feb 2014, 7:53 am

Dodson is an utter bawbag - they should get rid of the gnobber now ! mad 

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 17 Feb 2014, 9:20 am

the knob made me spit out a lovely bit of haddock when he said that again.

Hopefully this "change at Murrayfield" crowd can help get Dodson out and hopefully he takes Scott Johnson with him.

I hope we put a good score passed Italy on Sat, but I hope it doesn't then allow for papering over the cracks!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 17 Feb 2014, 9:27 am

Phew - I see the master plan now - Play like idiots for 15 years, just to persuade the rest of the world into thinking we are a laughing stock - so we can sneak in and with the lot in 2015

Genius!

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Mon 17 Feb 2014, 9:34 am

George Carlin wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

I can confirm that we definitely don't play fooball in Scotland. It resembles football. Just without the skill, athleticism, conditioning, planning, joy or, uh, what's that oher word? Yes. "Competence".

We have a very similar thing south of the border. Bootball.

I feel for you on the rugby with Johnson et al. I honestly think you've got a really good set of players who, if all fit and well coached, should be a genuine threat to anyone.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 17 Feb 2014, 11:08 am

Riskysports wrote:Phew - I see the master plan now - Play like idiots for 15 years, just to persuade the rest of the world into thinking we are a laughing stock - so we can sneak in and with the lot in 2015

Genius!

Is it too early for a "dark horses" thread for 2015?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 17 Feb 2014, 11:14 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
Riskysports wrote:Phew - I see the master plan now - Play like idiots for 15 years, just to persuade the rest of the world into thinking we are a laughing stock - so we can sneak in and with the lot in 2015

Genius!

oh god. someone is going to create one now censored 
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 17 Feb 2014, 11:29 am

Not so much a dark horse as a dark chocolate log thread.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 17 Feb 2014, 12:14 pm

tigertattie wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Genius!

oh god.  someone is going to create one now censored 

I have created a World Cup 2015 road to glory thread - : kiss 

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Mon 17 Feb 2014, 1:52 pm

To dig us out of the gloom, let's look at what we can expect in a couple of years time...

Venue: Murrayfield with a new semi-artificial surface.

Coach: Vern Cotter

Players:

(Hogg, Tonks), (Maitland, Visser, Farndale)[INJ Fife, Lamont] (Bennett, Dunbar, Scott, Robsinson?) (Russell, Millar, Heathcote, Weir) (Hart, Laidlaw... bit thin) (Denton, Strauss) (du Preez, Beattie) (Rennie, Barclay, Fusaro, Hardie?) (J Gray, R Gray, Swinson, Gilchrist) (Welsh, MacArthur, Grant I don't know my front row that well...)

You could play the bold team under Sean Lineen vs Italy and have a functioning scrum & lineout and turn Scottish Rugby from being the laughing stock of the NH to putting in an entertaining performance and possibly a win. Also the French game could have been moved to Aberdeen months ago.

But no. The SRU wants Scott - this is horse racing, right, with saddles for kids?  Whistle  Johnson, a field, dire performances to put children off rugby and turn them to football and to discredit the navy blue jersey. Thank you Mr Dodson.  Hug  kiss

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Mon 17 Feb 2014, 1:56 pm

Can we get this person as an interim - interim Head Coach? We can't play any worse, so why not make it entertaining?

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article191740.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/image-1-for-susan-boyle-s-make-over-gallery-849426979-191740.jpg

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 17 Feb 2014, 2:17 pm

Nematode wrote:To dig us out of the gloom, let's look at what we can expect in a couple of years time...

Players:

(Hogg, Tonks), (Maitland, Visser, Farndale)[INJ Fife, Lamont] (Bennett, Dunbar, Scott, Robsinson?) (Russell, Millar, Heathcote, Weir) (Hart, Laidlaw... bit thin) (Denton, Strauss) (du Preez, Beattie) (Rennie, Barclay, Fusaro, Hardie?) (J Gray, R Gray, Swinson, Gilchrist) (Welsh, MacArthur, Grant I don't know my front row that well...)

You could play the bold team under Sean Lineen vs Italy and have a functioning scrum & lineout and turn Scottish Rugby from being the laughing stock of the NH to putting in an entertaining performance and possibly a win. Also the French game could have been moved to Aberdeen months ago.

But no. The SRU wants Scott - this is horse racing, right, with saddles for kids?  Whistle  Johnson, a field, dire performances to put children off rugby and turn them to football and to discredit the navy blue jersey. Thank you Mr Dodson.  Hug  kiss

Am fairly looking forward to:

1. Grant/Shiells
2. MacArthur
3. Cusack/Nel
4. Swinson
5. J Gray
6. Du Preez
7. Rennie/Barclay/Bordill
8. Strauss

9. Hidalgo-Clyne
10. Robinson
11. Visser
12. Scott
13. Bennett
14. Maitland
15. Hogg
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 17 Feb 2014, 2:26 pm

From the SRU:

Jack Cuthbert, the 26-year-old Edinburgh Rugby full-back/winger has been called up to the Scotland squad preparing for Saturday’s match against Italy in the RBS 6 Nations Championship.

Cuthbert, who was an unused replacement in the corresponding match in Rome two years ago, is promoted from the Scotland A squad who drew 16-all with England Saxons last month.

Cuthbert, capped against Ireland in the World Cup warm-up Test in 2011, has made 14 starts for Edinburgh in his first season with the Capital club, having joined from Bath Rugby.

Meanwhile, scrum-half Grayson Hart, his Edinburgh Rugby team-mate who made his Scotland A debut against the Saxons, will train with the squad this afternoon as Chris Cusiter sits out the session.

Scotland team doctor James Robson said: “Having completed the game for Glasgow Warriors at Cardiff at the weekend, Chris Cusiter subsequently reported to national camp today with a tight calf. Given the proximity of Saturday’s international in Rome, Chris will undergo a precautionary scan at the SPIRE Murrayfield Hospital this afternoon in order that we can have a more definitive assessment.”

I despair

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Mon 17 Feb 2014, 2:28 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:From the SRU:

Jack Cuthbert, the 26-year-old Edinburgh Rugby full-back/winger has been called up to the Scotland squad preparing for Saturday’s match against Italy in the RBS 6 Nations Championship.

Cuthbert, who was an unused replacement in the corresponding match in Rome two years ago, is promoted from the Scotland A squad who drew 16-all with England Saxons last month.

Cuthbert, capped against Ireland in the World Cup warm-up Test in 2011, has made 14 starts for Edinburgh in his first season with the Capital club, having joined from Bath Rugby.

Meanwhile, scrum-half Grayson Hart, his Edinburgh Rugby team-mate who made his Scotland A debut against the Saxons, will train with the squad this afternoon as Chris Cusiter sits out the session.

Scotland team doctor James Robson said: “Having completed the game for Glasgow Warriors at Cardiff at the weekend, Chris Cusiter subsequently reported to national camp today with a tight calf.  Given the proximity of Saturday’s international in Rome, Chris will undergo a precautionary scan at the SPIRE Murrayfield Hospital this afternoon in order that we can have a more definitive assessment.”

I despair

Cry   picard 

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 17 Feb 2014, 2:28 pm

George Carlin wrote:
Nematode wrote:To dig us out of the gloom, let's look at what we can expect in a couple of years time...

Players:

1. Grant/Shiells
2. MacArthur
3. Cusack/Nel
4. Swinson
5. J Gray
6. Du Preez
8. Strauss

9. Hidalgo-Clyne
10. Robinson
11. Visser
12. Scott
13. Bennett
14. Maitland
15. Hogg

Where have you plucked this one from, GC?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Mon 17 Feb 2014, 2:31 pm

I thought Fife & Taylor were the covering FBs. And Hogg isn't injured? Is he being played at 10 and Cuthbert FB?

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 17 Feb 2014, 2:38 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

Players:

1. Grant/Shiells
2. MacArthur
3. Cusack/Nel
4. Swinson
5. J Gray
6. Du Preez
8. Strauss

9. Hidalgo-Clyne
10. Robinson
11. Visser
12. Scott
13. Bennett
14. Maitland
15. Hogg

Surely you have been following the rumours about this young man, Asbo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Robinson_(rugby_player)
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 17 Feb 2014, 2:40 pm

Hogg will be dropped because SJ wants to explore other options. It could happen...

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Mon 17 Feb 2014, 2:43 pm

lostinwales wrote:Hogg will be dropped because  SJ wants to explore other options. It could happen...

Wouldn't put it past him tbh

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 17 Feb 2014, 3:01 pm

Nematode wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Hogg will be dropped because  SJ wants to explore other options. It could happen...

Wouldn't put it past him tbh

Hogg to 10 -
Lamont to Full back -
Nematodes to wing (With the artifical grass no where else),
Ford to prop
Denton to second Row,
KB to 9,
Laidlaw to ball

Sorted

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Mon 17 Feb 2014, 3:20 pm

George Carlin wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

Players:

1. Grant/Shiells
2. MacArthur
3. Cusack/Nel
4. Swinson
5. J Gray
6. Du Preez
8. Strauss

9. Hidalgo-Clyne
10. Robinson
11. Visser
12. Scott
13. Bennett
14. Maitland
15. Hogg

cotter must have spoken to him. could make a huge impact. well worth throwing some cash his way and get rid of those failures at ER !

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Mon 17 Feb 2014, 3:25 pm

You could rid Francis, Leonard, Hunter and Atiga at least to afford Robinson + some extra cash. Also he'd have the keys to 10.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 17 Feb 2014, 3:26 pm

George Carlin wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

Players:

1. Grant/Shiells
2. MacArthur
3. Cusack/Nel
4. Swinson
5. J Gray
6. Du Preez
8. Strauss

9. Hidalgo-Clyne
10. Robinson
11. Visser
12. Scott
13. Bennett
14. Maitland
15. Hogg

Ah yes indeed OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Mon 17 Feb 2014, 3:38 pm

That's it, through the rest of the 6N I'm no longer supporting Scotland, my allegiance has changed to Ireland. I'm not going to take any more. To not be able to admit their failure is just pathetic. I could go on...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/26230724

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 17 Feb 2014, 4:03 pm

Looks like and sounds like Cuttitta has been washing down the four tenets of Scottish rugby with more than four Tennents.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 17 Feb 2014, 4:09 pm

He's defo eaten all the pies

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 17 Feb 2014, 4:12 pm

Notch wrote:
tigertattie wrote:and now our mods are mince.  They can't even merge a thread, had to get the bleedin oirish in to do it!  I don't want to name names so I'll disguise them to protect their identiies,  RWD and Georgie Carling need to get their fingers out  kiss 

Laugh Brilliant.

Ah, but you don't realise, I'm an honorary Scot! Not only did I live there for nine years I've been to about 25-30 test matches at Murrayfield, always supporting the home team except when Ireland were in town. That's 25-30 test matches at Murrayfield more than anyone should be subjected to  censored 

Only time I ever felt like packing it in was when Wales destroyed the Scots in the first 40 minutes on their way to the 2005 Grand Slam. I felt like leaving at half-time. Man, that was brutal. I congratulate the hardy souls who have made Scotlands next home match a sell-out.

Turns out Scott Johnson reads my posts- he was impressed with my passion and the SRU is trying to get more lads who qualify on residency into the team so I'm starting at full back for Scotland at the weekend. Some bloke called Stuart was in there before, but he's being sent back to Glasgow for re-education and to learn the SRUs party propaganda line.

Should be a bit of a laugh, can't promise I'll be staying off the pints before the game though.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Mon 17 Feb 2014, 4:15 pm

yawn

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 17 Feb 2014, 4:51 pm

The SRU fuds should get rid of this fat clown Cutitta along with Dodson and Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 17 Feb 2014, 4:52 pm

Got the love what the swear filter did to that post!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 17 Feb 2014, 5:11 pm

George Carlin wrote:Am fairly looking forward to:

1. Grant/Shiells
2. MacArthur
3. Cusack/Nel
4. Swinson
5. J Gray
6. Du Preez
8. Strauss

9. Hidalgo-Clyne
10. Robinson
11. Visser
12. Scott
13. Bennett
14. Maitland
15. Hogg

Yahoo 

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Mon 17 Feb 2014, 5:18 pm

The team announcement is tomorrow. Will you be:

i) Disappointed

ii) Disappointed

iii) Optimistic but realise shortly after they are coached by SJ so disappointed

iv) Allan Massie and argue that Hugo Southwell should be recalled.

v) Given up hope.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 17 Feb 2014, 5:19 pm

Jack Cuthbert is next up. Without a healthy dose of sarcasm I'm going to be unable to say anything positive about this, so I'll say nothing at all.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Sensible Mon 17 Feb 2014, 5:21 pm

Nematode wrote:The team announcement is tomorrow. Will you be:

i) Disappointed

ii) Disappointed

iii) Optimistic but realise shortly after they are coached by SJ so disappointed

v) Given up hope.

Where did you hear this?

Captain_Sensible

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Mon 17 Feb 2014, 5:24 pm

Captain_Sensible wrote:
Nematode wrote:The team announcement is tomorrow. Will you be:

i) Disappointed

ii) Disappointed

v) Given up hope.

Where did you hear this?

SRU twitter  Emo 

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 17 Feb 2014, 8:51 pm

Cuttia is clearly as mental as the rest. I think drunken haze will be how I'll watch Saturday's match.

Grim!

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:20 pm

Looks like we're not the only ones who've had enough:
https://www.facebook.com/changeforScottishRugby?fref=ts
http://www.change.org/petitions/the-scottish-rugby-union-more-professional-rugby-teams-in-scotland

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:24 pm

[quote="funnyExiledScot"]
George Carlin wrote:Am fairly looking forward to:
10. Robinson

Isn't he going to Ulster?

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next