The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Scottish International Rugby Thread

+59
alive555
tazfalklands
reallybored
Heuer27
flyhalffactory
tigertattie
RuggerRadge2611
Scrumpy
doctor_grey
cakeordeath
lostinwales
BigGee
Hood83
jimbopip
Jhamer25
Majestic83
blindsided
funnyExiledScot
Mr Bounce
SneakySideStep
beshocked
HammerofThunor
Taffineastbourne
rodders
EWT Spoons
nickj
Sam
demosthenes
Captain_Sensible
offload
MacKnocked-on
TheMildlyFranticLlama
RDW
aucklandlaurie
mystiroakey
Nachos Jones
George Carlin
Biltong
Pal Joey
Notch
Yoda
Portnoy's Complaint
Shifty
bedfordwelsh
TJ
nganboy
ChequeredJersey
WELL-PAST-IT
21st Century Schizoid Man
kiakahaaotearoa
Allty
fa0019
GloriousEmpire
Nematode
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Scratch
SecretFly
R!skysports
63 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Scottish International Rugby Thread - Page 8 Empty The Scottish International Rugby Thread

Post by R!skysports Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:45 am

First topic message reminder :

As a die hard Scotland rugby supporter, over the years I have been dragged through the mill. Poor selections, poor coaches and poor players.

Through thick and thin I have bleed blue, but is it time to say, enough is enough.

The incompetence and down right corruption* at the sru means I have been supporting a system and structure that, is to be frank, not deserving of my support.

When is it time to say, enough is enough. You shall not take my support for granted, and I will not support that was of space that is the sru.

Can we evoke change and move away from the old blazers who are destroying our game

Should we stop watching our team who currently make a fool of themselves

I am getting close to saying yes. I am almost at the point I do not care about our team And will sod off to go shopping this weekend

Our continued passion means our support ratifies the sru. Is it time to go on strike to show our displeasure, even if that means we miss out of watching our passion.

Can we affect the outcome

Your a dispirited and depressed Scotsman

*no proof of real corruption, but certainly an ability to corrupt the supporter

BUT I SUPPORT SCOTLAND TO THE END - GO SCOTLAND

(edited text, as the super duper mix tape of threads needed a most positive intro :-)

Last edited by Riskysports on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am in a good mood - so positive it is)

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

The Scottish International Rugby Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Scottish International Rugby Thread

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:53 pm

SecretFly wrote:..... hope the Herald is watching this.

This is a REVOLUTION!!!!  We AIN't TAKIN' IT NO MORE!!!  Be Warned!!!!

Oh, sorry....I'm not Scottish.......... Whistle ..................  but WE WON'T!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, join in Fly, we're not isolationist - all contributions welcome. TO THE BARRICADES Run

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

The Scottish International Rugby Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Scottish International Rugby Thread

Post by R!skysports Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:54 pm

Bring your pitch forks,

There is going to be a buuurning

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:55 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:Would you take Andy Robinson back now?

No, just a different set of flaws

Shame nobody can talk him into just being a forwards coach again
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:56 pm

I thought you where making progress under him to be honest.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:02 pm

Scrumpy wrote:

I thought you where making progress under him to be honest.

Well he was getting along fine in redecorating a few Coaching crows-nests in stadia throughout Europe. So that was a plus.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by tazfalklands Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:03 pm

SRU BORED

tazfalklands

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:33 pm

Wait for it. I understand Cotter has been given a free reign on the whole setup. that was the pre requisite for him coming in the first place

so expect some serious changes including canning johnson , bringing in new coaches new youth structure new regional rugby new everything

this guy is way better than schmidt . hes a brilliant brilliant coach.  the best . how we got him i can only assume cause hes part scots and he want stepping stone to the all black job.

this will be the revolution we need, so dont depair !

expect some south sea islanders and nz scots qualified players to arrive shortly. the turning point is coming...

this guy is no fool.

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:32 pm

alive555 wrote:

this guy [Cotter] is way better than schmidt . hes a brilliant brilliant coach.  the best .

Hold on there Wink Which of them has the better record?  

Cotter: seven seasons with Clermont.  One Top14 Title/three runner-ups.  One time in the HEC final - no wins yet.
Schmidt: three seasons with Leinster.  One Pro12 Title/two runner-ups.  Two HEC Titles.  One Amlin Title.

Plus when Cotter was winning his Top14 title and for two of his runner-up years, Joe Schmidt was his backs coach. (so Schmidt even shares some of Cotters wins)

Maybe Cotter is a 'way better' coach than Schmidt but he'll have to start proving it soon!  Scotland will now be his new chance.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:49 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Everyone of the SRU Board morons should go for the mess (including the Mudfield playing surface) they have landed Scottish rugby in.    Dodson, Lockhead, MacLaughlan, Thomson et al should resign now before they do any more damage.    Before they go, get Iain MacLauglan to boot Scott Johnson in the danglies and tell him thanks for feck-all.   furious 

I luv you man  Yahoo 
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:56 pm

......and then? Magic up 30 odd new players from ... err ?

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:43 pm

SecretFly wrote:
alive555 wrote:

this guy [Cotter] is way better than schmidt . hes a brilliant brilliant coach.  the best .

Cotter: seven seasons with Clermont.  One Top14 Title/three runner-ups.  One time in the HEC final - no wins yet.
Schmidt: three seasons with Leinster.  One Pro12 Title/two runner-ups.  Two HEC Titles.  One Amlin Title.

Plus when Cotter was winning his Top14 title and for two of his runner-up years, Joe Schmidt was his backs coach. (so Schmidt even shares some of Cotters wins)

Maybe Cotter is a 'way better' coach than Schmidt but he'll have to start proving it soon!  Scotland will now be his new chance.

Comparing Ireland and Scotland player pool is not exactly fair. The common denominator is that the only way is up. Really hope Cotter gets some decent result with the Scottish but a GS would be exceeding expectations.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:51 pm

whocares wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
alive555 wrote:

Comparing Ireland and Scotland player pool is not exactly fair. The common denominator is that the only way is up. Really hope Cotter gets some decent result with the Scottish but a GS would be exceeding expectations.

I hope the Scots can find something to smile about with him too.  I know what it's like being dogged with a bad coaching system.... believe me...as does France at times.

My point was about the coaching merits of Cotter v Schmidt....nothing to do with comparing Scotland and Ireland.  But having said that...England's player pool is infinitely bigger than the Welsh one.  The Welsh have the more successful record in 6N (titlewise).  Good coaches often force results.

PS..I'm not remotely considering a GS for Ireland. One game at a time, none of us is close to winning anything yet.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:27 pm

In which currency should the Scots be paid next year ?

gregortree

Back to top Go down

The Scottish International Rugby Thread - Page 8 Empty Merged super-thread (Whining, Grief, Anger and Denial- the four tenets of Scottish Rugby)

Post by Notch Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:32 pm

A whole load of Scottish Rugby topics all rolled into one mega-thread!

SJ Not Up To The Job
The SRU board should resign en masse
Stuart Hogg- No 10
Good News for Scotland
Darkest before the Dawn
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:36 pm

Now I'm confused.... I haven't a clue what I said in any of them ...or why.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:40 pm

Five threads rolled into one................. We're doomed I tell ye, we're doomed!
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:41 pm

Somewhat symbolic that maggots have infested the rotten core of Scots rugby. But things can only get better eh. Chin up fellas, target beating Italy and in the circumstances that will be an achievement. Then when Cotter comes in start a ground up rebuild, you have Samoa in the RWC and that has to be the longer term aim, RWC 1/4 would be a huge progression from where you are now.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:02 am

RWC Quarters...... piffle

Its winning the damn thing or we are not bothering turning up
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:11 am

Good on you Scotland. Two very good kiwi coaches will now be doing the damage in the 6N.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:13 am

ebop wrote:Good on you Scotland. Two very good kiwi coaches will now be doing the damage in the 6N.

Is that a deliberate slight on Gatland?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:16 am

Is Gatland a kiwi? Surely not Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:23 am

Just cause as there are 3 Kiwi head coaches in the 6N, I inferred you thought one wasn't very good from what you said!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:40 am

Well CJ, it's just my opinion mind you. I don't know all the stats for each respective coaches over their careers. But you'll probably find Schmidt and Cotter are well respected down here and we'll pick either/or as our de facto 6N team to cheer on. Again, just my opinion, could be wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:40 am

Good work on the merger Notch. That's definitely worth a glass of wine!  RedWine (hope I'm not the only Mitchell & Webb fan on here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_KqQZETfR0&feature=youtube_gdata_player )

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:28 am

Crikey - the Collective Omnishambles Thread
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:09 am

A Super Giant Thread - befitting of the top-most country (in a lattitude sense) on the largest island in Europe.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:15 am

GLove39 wrote:Good work on the merger Notch. That's definitely worth a glass of wine!  RedWine (hope I'm not the only Mitchell & Webb fan on here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_KqQZETfR0&feature=youtube_gdata_player )

Laugh thumbsup 
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:39 am

Thanks for merging them, my mouse now has its feet up.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:41 am

Jeezo we're a miserable bunch aren't we?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:45 am

gregortree wrote:In which currency should the Scots be paid next year ?

Well, its either the groat with sub-unit bawbee or we use the gaelic and its a 'not' and a 'sgilling'

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:45 am

I'm not sure the merging helped here. I had a few Scottish addresses I was delivering post to occasionally and everything was smooth. Now it looks like all the addresses are in one dark over-crowded tower block and I don't want to deliver no more unless I'm backed up by a SWAT team.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:54 am

Notch wrote:
GLove39 wrote:Good work on the merger Notch. That's definitely worth a glass of wine!  RedWine (hope I'm not the only Mitchell & Webb fan on here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_KqQZETfR0&feature=youtube_gdata_player )

Laugh thumbsup 

sigh.......................

Our rugby team are mince

and now our mods are mince. They can't even merge a thread, had to get the bleedin oirish in to do it! I don't want to name names so I'll disguise them to protect their identiies, RWD and Georgie Carling need to get their fingers out  kiss 
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:51 pm

Scotland - France game is a sell out

http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/14/02/14/scotland-v-france-sold-out

England game obviously hasn't hurt ticket sales too badly.

Tigertattie - thin ice pal.  Thin Ice.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:56 pm

Tickets probably mostly sold before this car crash of a season annouced itself.

Now I know why they pushed so hard to sell me a season ticket!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:45 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Scotland - France game is a sell out

http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/14/02/14/scotland-v-france-sold-out

England game obviously hasn't hurt ticket sales too badly.

Tigertattie - thin ice pal.  Thin Ice.

torvil and dean thin ice or am I down to the residuce coming off the kitchen freezer?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:55 pm

tigertattie wrote:and now our mods are mince.  They can't even merge a thread, had to get the bleedin oirish in to do it!  I don't want to name names so I'll disguise them to protect their identiies,  RWD and Georgie Carling need to get their fingers out  kiss 

Laugh Brilliant.

Ah, but you don't realise, I'm an honorary Scot! Not only did I live there for nine years I've been to about 25-30 test matches at Murrayfield, always supporting the home team except when Ireland were in town. That's 25-30 test matches at Murrayfield more than anyone should be subjected to  censored 

Only time I ever felt like packing it in was when Wales destroyed the Scots in the first 40 minutes on their way to the 2005 Grand Slam. I felt like leaving at half-time. Man, that was brutal. I congratulate the hardy souls who have made Scotlands next home match a sell-out.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Scotland captain Greig Laidlaw welcomed today’s news that the game vs France is a sell out.

“On behalf of the players we thank all those supporters who are continuing to back us. We know we haven’t given our fans much to cheer about of late but all players and management are determined to show what we can do with a performance to reward our loyal support, starting in Italy next weekend. FREEEEEEEDOOOOMMM”

I'm amazed they have sold out, I can only guess there must be a lot of French on there way.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:04 pm

Dunno about that, if I was still in Edinbugh I'd go. Murrayfield is a very good stadium to visit, the buzz of all the fans trooping down to the Stadium from the city centre is amazing.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:13 pm

How much basic ticket to murryfield these days?
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:16 pm

Scrumpy wrote:How much basic ticket to murryfield these days?

Your self respect

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:17 pm

Riskysports wrote:

Your self respect

Whats that in Euros?
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:18 pm

Scrumpy wrote:Scotland captain Greig Laidlaw welcomed today’s news that the game vs France is a sell out.

“On behalf of the players we thank all those supporters who are continuing to back us.  We know we haven’t given our fans much to cheer about of late but all players and management are determined to show what we can do with a performance to reward our loyal support, starting in Italy next weekend.”

vomit

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:19 pm

Scrumpy wrote:
Riskysports wrote:

Your self respect

Whats that in Euros?

Reckon we'll be sticking with yer English poonds, Scrumps, old boy, despite what the collective buffoonery of Gidiot, Balls and Guava have to say OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Scrumpy wrote:
Riskysports wrote:

Your self respect

Whats that in Euros?

I believe the Scottish Self respects is usually traded for 3 pints, a packet of pork scratching and a heated debate on the Union - so 11 Euros

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Careful now  Smile 
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:21 pm

Scrumpy wrote:Scotland captain Greig Laidlaw welcomed today’s news that the game vs France is a sell out.

“On behalf of the players we thank all those supporters who are continuing to back us.  We know we haven’t given our fans much to cheer about of late but all players and management are determined to show what we can do with a performance to reward our loyal support, starting in Italy next weekend.”

vomit

You're so cynical ASBO. I think it's a lovely thing to say. All is forgiven.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:28 pm

Notch wrote:Careful now  Smile 

Who me :-)

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:29 pm

Scrumpy wrote:
Riskysports wrote:

Your self respect

Whats that in Euros?

Reckon we'll be sticking with yer English poonds, Scrumps, old boy, despite what the collective buffoonery of Gidiot, Balls and Guava have to say OK

I completely agree. We'll definitely have the pound post-referendum, the polls are pretty clear on that.

There's a rugby connection here, in that in many respects, Scott Johnson and Alex Salmond are very similar, and I seem to possess a strikingly similar opinion of them both.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:51 pm

Does Salmond attend the games and wave his pocket sized flag?
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:57 pm

Scrumpy wrote:Does Salmond attend the games and wave his pocket sized flag?

He's a man of the people, so more likely to back football I suspect.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next